Randolph for 1st round pic from T-Wolves.

la2ny

Starter
The reason the draft is considered bad is because there aren't any "Superstars". It seems like this year all the "marketable" players haven't lived up to the hype, but there are a bunch of nice prospects out there.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Ehhhh, The pick would be nice on it's own, especially if Walsh is THAT good at drafting.

I'm for keeping Fields because he's effective and doesn't need the ball in his hand and he might improve each season. Even if he stayed like he is now I'd still keep him.

Wouldn't hate this trade, but I'm not for it.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Listen if were gonna part with Fields, Chandler, and then some we better be getting Nene. Reason why I am even bringing him up is because he can opt out and would be perfect here (even though he should be a knick to begin with)

Heres my proposal:

Randolph and 2nd Rounder to T-Wolves for Telfair and 1st rounder

Chandler,Mayo, Turiaf (to replace Nene), Curry and Knicks 1st Rounder (from T-Wolves) to Nuggets

Melo and Nene to Knicks

Billups, Douglas and Walker to Grizz

I know this may seem like a lot but in the long run this will really help our team.

Starting Lineup:

C- Nene
PF- Amare
SF- Melo
SG- Fields
PG- Felton

Bench:
Gallo
Telfair
S. Williams
Rautins
Mozgov
Mason
Barron (Sign as FA)

Any thoughts? With this trade you can still keep Gallo and Fields, but keep it fair to the other teams.

johnstarky

Rotation player
This might be the best rumor since the one about Michael Jordan signing a 60 million dollar contract with the Knicks.

Can the Knicks also trade Eddy Curry for a first rounder?

mafra

Legend
I pull the trigger on this right away. Why not he is rotting on our bench and our coach wont play him. Even if the carmelo trade doesnt work out we have a top 5 pick to use in the offseason. I take the pic for a guy we cant wait around for.

YES. Make the trade. It helps us get Carmelo, and if that fails, then it helps us make moves down the road. We could luck out and geta top pick, or we could use the pick in a trade for somebody else, maybe even ened it to pry Marc Gasol away from Memphis (he's an RFA).

I would love to somehow manage to pry this pick from Minny. Then make a deal for OJ Mayo.

Imagine getting Mayo, having a lottery pick + our 1st rounder AND signing Marc Gasol.

That right there is not a bad consolation instead of Anthony.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
You have to make that trade with Minnesota if its legit. Even if the pick doesn't land us Melo, it will be a good trading chip for someone else. If the kings game wasn't an indicator that the Knicks Need Melo, then Donnie is Losing his Mind. You want to win championships, or playoff rounds? If we want to win a round in the Playoffs, then we trade for a big, and keep the team as current. If we want to compete with Miami for the Next 5 season for a Championship, then we trade for Melo. Like I keep saying, everyone on the current roster is expendable minus A'mare. The other pieces are easier to get then a superstar like Melo. But somehow the Knicks will mess this up, like the past TEN YEARS. Go out and get Melo at all expenses Donnie. Pat the Rat, would of already had Melo on his team. C'mon Donnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mafra

Legend
You have to make that trade with Minnesota if its legit. Even if the pick doesn't land us Melo, it will be a good trading chip for someone else. If the kings game wasn't an indicator that the Knicks Need Melo, then Donnie is Losing his Mind. You want to win championships, or playoff rounds? If we want to win a round in the Playoffs, then we trade for a big, and keep the team as current. If we want to compete with Miami for the Next 5 season for a Championship, then we trade for Melo. Like I keep saying, everyone on the current roster is expendable minus A'mare. The other pieces are easier to get then a superstar like Melo. But somehow the Knicks will mess this up, like the past TEN YEARS. Go out and get Melo at all expenses Donnie. Pat the Rat, would of already had Melo on his team. C'mon Donnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. If this trade nets us a first rounder, and we use that pick in a sign and trade for Marc Gasol... Then we just got better.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
If Melo wants to win a championship he better wait till FA, by then we will know exactly the talant level of each player we have and who to keep and who to let go.....

iSaYughh

Starter

Donnie needs to think a lil like a rat, to be a true exterminator.