RJ and IQ traded to TOR

mafra

Legend
The Toronto Raptors are finalizing a trade to send OG Anunoby to the New York Knicks for a package including RJ Barrett, Immanuel Quickley and draft considerations, sources tell ESPN.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
RJ, IQ and picks just for OG? Is this all we get? Maan.. can't say that i'm sorry about RJ but i really liked Quick. If this deal is all there is i just can't see how we weren't screwed

Rady, it’s Raptor that getting screwed because OG for RJ ain’t no way value for value.
As for IQ he is a street baller that fits in the new NBA. Never liked his game.
** Have you ever noticed how most of these players like IQ if they don’t have the ball they are invisible on the court.
Precious-Achiuwa is part of the trade. If I’m not mistaken he was drafted the same year as RJ. When I said trade back there was often the reply for who. Precious was one of my suggestions.

If this trade is true it’s 4 years too late in the case of RJ. He was the consolation prize of the group that tried to make themselves looked like the knew BB (they didn’t). The cancer they spread through the organization is still there.
Clean House of everybody!! This trade isn’t solving all of the problems.

mafra

Legend
Knicks get Precius Achiwa to be backup C. They also acquire Malachi Flynn. Knicks only sending a 2nd rounder.

New York is also sending the Pistons’ 2024 second-round pick in the deal, which is projected to be fairly valuable in the early 30s… not sure if 1 or 2 second rounders?

Anunoby, a 3-and-D wing, will likely replace Barrett in the lineup and is theoretically a better positional fit in a lineup with Julius Randle and Jalen Brunson because he spaces the floor and doesn’t need the ball in his hands.

OG can guard all 5 positions. When & if Robinson returns, OG-Mitch-Grimes will be a nice defensive trio.

Maybe this frees up Hart to be more productive. Do they have an another move up their sleeve — D-Murray? They could use a 6th man type scoring plug.

Not sure why this move couldn’t be made after the Pacers game? I wonder if Evan gets to play finally?

The 26-year-old Anunoby, who recently switched representation from Klutch Sports to CAA, is averaging 15.1 points for the Raptors on 49 percent shooting — including a respectable 37 percent from beyond the arc.

CAA ties strike again.

Quickley has shined this season but became a trade candidate after he and the Knicks failed to agree to an extension in the summer.

His departure clears up the glut at guard that had become an issue with players since there were only a finite amount of minutes for Quickley, Quentin Grimes and Donte DiVincenzo.

Now, Grimes and DiVincenzo can split those minutes, and Anunoby moves to small forward.

Last edited:

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Rady, it’s Raptor that getting screwed because OG for RJ ain’t no way value for value.
** Have you ever noticed how most of these players like IQ if they don’t have the ball they are invisible on the court.
Precious-Achiuwa is part of the trade. If I’m not mistaken he was drafted the same year as RJ. When I said trade back there was often the reply for who. Precious was one of my suggestions.

If this trade is true it’s 4 years too late in the case of RJ. He was the consolation prize of the group that tried to make themselves looked like the knew BB (they didn’t). The cancer they spread through the organization is still there.
Clean House of everybody!! This trade isn’t solving all of the problems.
Dark,,,,,,,,,,,any optimism to this trade ?
I am not being sarcastic........real question

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I am a fan of Quickley. The guy is quick, and the team's dynamic accelerates when he checks in. I believe he has the ability do the wake-up call when the team is trailing, and he's versatile in shooting, be it long threes or floaters.Not to mention that he can actually play defense. However, I largely agree regarding Barrett, although I had hoped he would be the pick to evolve into the face of the franchise. The Knicks haven't retained a first-rounder for at least five years, since David Lee.

Dark,,,,,,,,,,,any optimism to this trade ?
I am not being sarcastic........real question
Hey Ski, glad to see you back. Hope all is well with you.
I know my comments don't shine a light of new HOPE for the Knicks. There are just too many problems I see with this organization. Sure, this trade looks good from those that don't follow the Knicks or know anything about BB.
It the cancer left behind by Mills, Perry and company. Does the word CHAMPIONSHIP come from anyone mouth that is in authority? No!! I said 5 years ago in another forum that it would take this long to realize the mistakes made by them. If you think this trade wipes out all the harm that was done over this period, you are sadly mistaken.

Ok the question.... Any optimism to this trade? Getting OG coming from an organization that they won a championship is definitely a plus. Having a player that you doesn't need to the ball to be effective. Precious could be the PF off the bench to replace Randle. I don't think he is a Center but I think he has played some SF.

Don't stay away so long it always good swapping opinions.

Personally, I am a fan of Quickley. The guy is quick, and the team's dynamic accelerates when he checks in. I believe he has the ability do the wake-up call when the team is trailing, and he's versatile in shooting, be it long threes or floaters.Not to mention that he can actually play defense. However, I largely agree regarding Barrett, although I had hoped he would be the pick to evolve into the face of the franchise. The Knicks haven't retained a first-rounder for at least five years, since David Lee.
Street ballers are supposed to be dynamic and they run up and down the floor shooting the ball at will. That is all I have ever seen from him. I haven't seen the defense that some say he plays. As for him having the wake-up call ability? His shot selections to me has always been a problem.
**How did IQ get the privilege of shooting whenever he wants too. This somewhat remind me of A. Trier coming off the bench shooting when he wanted too. Trier was a much better as you put it "wake-up call" player than IQ. Saying that get into personality and favoritism.

If it was left up to me.... more than those two would be walking out the door.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Hey Ski, glad to see you back. Hope all is well with you.
I know my comments don't shine a light of new HOPE for the Knicks. There are just too many problems I see with this organization. Sure, this trade looks good from those that don't follow the Knicks or know anything about BB.
It the cancer left behind by Mills, Perry and company. Does the word CHAMPIONSHIP come from anyone mouth that is in authority? No!! I said 5 years ago in another forum that it would take this long to realize the mistakes made by them. If you think this trade wipes out all the harm that was done over this period, you are sadly mistaken.

Ok the question.... Any optimism to this trade? Getting OG coming from an organization that they won a championship is definitely a plus. Having a player that you doesn't need to the ball to be effective. Precious could be the PF off the bench to replace Randle. I don't think he is a Center but I think he has played some SF.

Don't stay away so long it always good swapping opinions.
all is well and although i don't comment i am always reading.......I am with you that it's a championship caliber team or bust. I get a bit disinterested with the Knicks in that I do not see this with this squad.

who else would you get rid of ?

all is well and although i don't comment i am always reading.......I am with you that it's a championship caliber team or bust. I get a bit disinterested with the Knicks in that I do not see this with this squad.

who else would you get rid of ?
From the ball boy/ water boy to President of club.
You spend a $150 million for a PG that you had to change the offense for him to be successful. Why not change the offense scheme before spending that type of money.
Who knows what one of the other PG could have done.

Broadway

All Star
Knicks get Precius Achiwa to be backup C. They also acquire Malachi Flynn. Knicks only sending a 2nd rounder.

New York is also sending the Pistons’ 2024 second-round pick in the deal, which is projected to be fairly valuable in the early 30s… not sure if 1 or 2 second rounders?

Anunoby, a 3-and-D wing, will likely replace Barrett in the lineup and is theoretically a better positional fit in a lineup with Julius Randle and Jalen Brunson because he spaces the floor and doesn’t need the ball in his hands.

OG can guard all 5 positions. When & if Robinson returns, OG-Mitch-Grimes will be a nice defensive trio.

Maybe this frees up Hart to be more productive. Do they have an another move up their sleeve — D-Murray? They could use a 6th man type scoring plug.

Not sure why this move couldn’t be made after the Pacers game? I wonder if Evan gets to play finally?

The 26-year-old Anunoby, who recently switched representation from Klutch Sports to CAA, is averaging 15.1 points for the Raptors on 49 percent shooting — including a respectable 37 percent from beyond the arc.

CAA ties strike again.

Quickley has shined this season but became a trade candidate after he and the Knicks failed to agree to an extension in the summer.

His departure clears up the glut at guard that had become an issue with players since there were only a finite amount of minutes for Quickley, Quentin Grimes and Donte DiVincenzo.

Now, Grimes and DiVincenzo can split those minutes, and Anunoby moves to small forward.
Trade was unnecessary, I believe the Raptors may have got better. The Knicks will remain in the middle of pack and do nothing of any significance

mafra

Legend
OG and Brunson are winning players. Randle has flaws but he’s the star we have. Grimes & Robinson a good fit for system and roster… Hart & Heartenstein, DDV make for solid reserve players.

McBride will get his shot.

A case can be made this team is 1 star away from competing for titles. Would Donovan Mitchell be that player? Would DeRozan or Murray be worth the asset cost of a star can’t be had?

I think team improves their playoff chances with OG… still work to do.

mafra

Legend
Guess who negotiates OG Anunoby's contract.

His new agent is Sam Rose, who also happens to be Jalen Brunson's agent and the son of Knicks president Leon Rose.

mafra

Legend
Knicks are extending Miles McBride on a three-year, $13 million contract, sources tell @TheAthletic. @wojespn first with the news.

Kiyaman

Legend
Trade was unnecessary, I believe the Raptors may have got better. The Knicks will remain in the middle of pack and do nothing of any significance
The Raptors record is 12-20 on the day of the Knicks trade ..
If the Raptors are a .500 team in their next 15 games, and the Knicks are not ..
than Raptors gave us a shiny penny, and we gave them a $100 C-note.

mafra

Legend
OG has a ring and was second team all
NBA on defense. Please. Let’s not act like he’s chump change. Most of you loathed RJ and IQ hasn’t shown he’s worth 100 mil.

Broadway

All Star
OG has a ring and was second team all
NBA on defense. Please. Let’s not act like he’s chump change. Most of you loathed RJ and IQ hasn’t shown he’s worth 100 mil.
I never spoke ill of RJ and felt IQ should've been given a green light to run the team before we decided to invest in Brunson. Let's be honest, most fans didn't like RJ Day 1 of drafting him. He really had no chance to succeed here long term. We have one of the most unhealthy and toxic fan bases in all of sports

OG has done nothing of true significance and it shows what Masai thought of his contributions as a whole. Couldn't even elevate above the GREAT SCOTTIE BARNES, A.K.A. HIM...lol

Trade likely ends up being addition by subtraction but if either team sees an increase...I'm guessing it'll be The Raps

Last edited: