RJ and IQ traded to TOR

mafra

Legend
Sounds like Knicks are sniffing around POR, for a potential bench upgrade piece in Malcom B. While he’s a solid reserve and nice bench addition, I think that’s a next month decision. Let McBride and Grimes get time to step up and see what they can do in their new roles.

After I made this statement “you can’t admit you don’t know nothing.” Which I stand by!!

This was posted in respond to my statement. "RJ was as good as anybody else after Ja-Zion". His respond is proof of my above statement.
To All:
Questions - Why would you want to draft a player(at #3) that just as good as the player picked 31th?
How do you get better after being the worst in the NBA? Will the Just as good player "move the needle of the team"?
So, do you keep a "just as good player" for 5 years trying to prove you know something about talent?
The most damning thing is you don't know the value of an 'Overall #3 - first round draft pick'!! Who will TRANSFORM the team?
As I have said, you will say anything in the moment and never think about it. It sounds good to YOU!!

To this forum - The above questions should be answered by him. You know they want!!

mafra

Legend
RJ with a monster game tonight in OAK. 37 points on 13-20 shooting. Woah. Still looking fwd to seeing if RJ has a higher ceiling. We’ll find out in 2-3 years, we shall discover soon enough if he can elevate his game to another level. RJ and Barnes the next Tatum and Brown?

Kiyaman

Legend
RJ with a monster game tonight in OAK. 37 points on 13-20 shooting. Woah. Still looking fwd to seeing if RJ has a higher ceiling. We’ll find out in 2-3 years, we shall discover soon enough if he can elevate his game to another level. RJ and Barnes the next Tatum and Brown?

Wsup Mafra .. You just enlighten Dark on the 5 season investment the Knicks provided to RJ Barrett's performance.
Barrett may not be a all-around winning player, but Barrett's 5 season experience produce a high scoring NBA player.
Barrett now have teammates that will improve his skills, plus give Barrett the Picks, screens, and passes to keep being a Raptors high scorer.
RJ vs OG .... Barrett's a high scoring player vs OG Anunoby's high IQ 2-Way hustle talent.
That's why a Barrett for OG Anunoby trade was an equal, and even trade having Toronto Raptors give the Knicks a 2nd round draft pick to even out the finance of (just) a Barrett for OG Anunoby trade.
Their were no players in the Knicks & Raptors trade on the same high b.ball level as Quickley.
........Precious Achiuwa??? And guard Malachi Flynn???? Come on !!!
OK. It's great how OG co-exist so well alongside every Knicks teammate in the Knicks rotation throughout his first 4 games for 4 Knicks wins. We went from a 3 game losing streak to a 4 game winning streak.
Our 4 game defense held opponents under 106 points. GREAT !!!

I still say Leon Rose should've been a wise/thinker trade 3 players plus draft picks for 2 players (Barrett, Quickley, Fournier and draft picks for OG & Murray).
Barrett sent to Toronto for OG, and
IQ and Fournier plus picks sent to Atlanta for Murray.
Quickley is a young future NBA star player (Gave out 10 Dimes for a Raptor win tonight.).

Leon Rose were suppose to trade Fournier last year before the Feb. trade dead line, or in the offseason? Yes? or no?
What's gonna happen if the Knicks meet Raptors/or Pacers in a playoff series this season ???

mafra

Legend
RJ is only 23. Why rush to judgement in his career yet? We shall see what unfolds the next 5 years.

OG is the ideal Thibbs SF, and he fits in with JB & Randle. Like Loul Deng, whom he had in CHI. The RJ contract was a toxic asset bc he wasn’t a good fit with Randle. 1 had to go. Obviously, they weren’t going to give IQ 100 mil and a starting role, so he was walking this summer. When you look at it like that, did they really give up a lot? And they did get the best player in the deal (right now).

But giving up a professional like RJ, a player with high ceiling in IQ and top pick in second round. That’s a steep price for a 3&D wing who will Be a free agent soon.

Makes me wonder if they go get Smart or Malcom B now to be that 6th man? I would love Smart…. Leader, defense guy, clutch.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
RJ Barrett reflects on his time with the Knicks:

“I helped build something in New York. When I came there we weren’t good. I left it a lot better than when it started. Definitely bittersweet, but I’m happy for those guys over there. They are happy about the trade they made and I wish nothing but the best for them.

I grew up as a player and a person over there in New York. Those 4 and a half years, I will never forget.”

mafra

Legend
The Knicks have played 240 minutes since OG first set foot in the floor as a Knick on January 1.

They have led their opponent or been tied in 212 of those 240 minutes.

That’s 88% of the time lol

mafra

Legend
RJ 10-13 shooting last night in TOR. Raptors will deal Siaukum and build around Scotty, RJ, IQ.

Kiyaman

Legend
RJ 10-13 shooting last night in TOR. Raptors will deal Siaukum and build around Scotty, RJ, IQ.

OK .. in a new system being run by Siakum/Barnes .. our duo ex-Knicks are co-exiting well in Toronto the same as OG Anunoby's dynamic performance alongside of Randle & Brunson.
OG had 23 pts on 9-12 shooting, 4 rb and outstanding hustle.
Barrett for 23 pts on 10-13 shooting, plus grabbed 10 rb, and handout 5 Dimes against Lebron's refs
And Quickley's 21 pts, on 8-14 shooting, 5 rb, and 5 Dimes in 26 minutes, before fouling out.
The exciting part of the Lakers/Raptors game was the end when Raptors head coach lititup calling-out all the officials on court.

Like I said, Leon Rose gave a 2 for 1 sale, and if u add Obi Toppin a 3 for 1 sale ..... Ainge is laughing

mafra

Legend
RJ 10-16 shooting. He’s on a roll. Perhaps it was Thibbs and Randle and the offense holding him back some. His game may yet show he can take it to the next level.

mafra

Legend
RJ 10-16 shooting. He’s on a roll. Perhaps it was Thibbs and Randle and the offense holding him back some. His game may yet show he can take it to the next level.

mafra

Legend
“He’s just a bland player, bro,” Anthony said on his digital series show, “7PM in Brooklyn”, on Thursday. “That’s not a shot. That’s not disrespect. I ask a lot of people who are Knicks fans to see what they say, it’s just like, ‘He’s good, he gets it done sometimes, but he’s not an exciting player.’ You don’t know if he’s going to get 4 (points) or 26.”

mafra

Legend
A Knicks’ team source says the team finally got rid of the ‘softies’ after trading RJ Barrett, Obi Toppin and Immanuel Quickley

"One team source pointed out that in moving out Obi Toppin in the summer, then Barrett and Quickley recently, 'We got rid of the softies.' The Knicks roster now consists nearly completely of hard-nosed defenders."

(Via nwsdy.li/3tHwW8A)

Do the words COMPETITION or EARN strike a cord with anyone when it comes to 'softies'? Many times I stated that Knicks gave RJ to much and never made him work for or earn anything. Maybe you remember the start of every season and there no competitiveness in preseason or training camp. Give RJ a starting position because he was drafted high and management must makes itself look good.
Making RJ earn his way would have made him a better-rounded player. He was never good or decent playing defense. Always reaching for his player when they blow by him.