Should we trade the pick?

• No, we deserve a top pick after this terrible season

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Yes, we can get back more value especially if we fall lower in draft

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If we can dump Calderon contact it'd worth trading down 4 spots and I disagree that we can't get a good pick at 8

We can get a fantastic pick at 8...Winslow and cauley stein might be available. Hezonja is going to be an instant 6th man in the NBA. Even porzingis can fall to 8...we can swap Calderon for a veteran and then swap picks...I'm fine with that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It'd have to depend on what they'd offer us. If they give us Andre Drummond (I doubt it) and we pick up Hezonja with the 8th pick then we'd have one hell of a team. I honestly think Hezonja could start in the NBA immediately - he's already good enough to be playing in the Spanish ACB, which is much tougher than NCAA Division I and is probably the toughest basketball league in the world after the NBA.

I don't see Hezonja falling to 8 though. Of the top 7, I think Winslow is probably most likely to fall to 8 - I seem to remember reading that his workouts didn't go so well, whereas Hezonja's stock has been kind of rising. Chad Ford even called him underrated the other day.

Paul1355

All Star
It'd have to depend on what they'd offer us. If they give us Andre Drummond (I doubt it) and we pick up Hezonja with the 8th pick then we'd have one hell of a team. I honestly think Hezonja could start in the NBA immediately - he's already good enough to be playing in the Spanish ACB, which is much tougher than NCAA Division I and is probably the toughest basketball league in the world after the NBA.

I don't see Hezonja falling to 8 though. Of the top 7, I think Winslow is probably most likely to fall to 8 - I seem to remember reading that his workouts didn't go so well, whereas Hezonja's stock has been kind of rising. Chad Ford even called him underrated the other day.
Well I know Drummond is untouchable...he might be harder to get than Cousins from the Kings. That's not happening. I don't know who Detroit can give us...maybe sign and trade Monroe if they know he is leaving but who knows. The fact is that there are two lottery teams that are very likely to call the knicks...the Nuggets (7) and pistons (8).

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Well I know Drummond is untouchable...he might be harder to get than Cousins from the Kings. That's not happening. I don't know who Detroit can give us...maybe sign and trade Monroe if they know he is leaving but who knows. The fact is that there are two lottery teams that are very likely to call the knicks...the Nuggets (7) and pistons (8).

Would they give us Reggie Jackson? Or Caldwell-Pope?

Would they S&T Monroe and take Calderon's contract off our hands?

Getting Reggie Jackson would be a great start for us. Jackson is a great PG and with the #8 pick we could draft either Hezonja or Winslow. That would give us the best backcourt we've had since the days of Clyde Frazier.

Paul1355

All Star
Would they give us Reggie Jackson? Or Caldwell-Pope?

Would they S&T Monroe and take Calderon's contract off our hands?

Getting Reggie Jackson would be a great start for us. Jackson is a great PG and with the #8 pick we could draft either Hezonja or Winslow. That would give us the best backcourt we've had since the days of Clyde Frazier.
Tim Hardaway Jr.: Latest News, Trade Rumors and Speculation on Knicks Star | Bleacher Report (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/1LfAqiE

This article shows that the Pistons might have lost their love for Brandon Jennings. He is in his final year of his contract at only 8 million. He is a starter on any team and can carry some load on the offensive end. He also rebounds at a very high rate (5-6 a game).

Getting Jennings and the 8th pick is a good move or getting Bledsoe and the 13th which was reportedly offered.

I hope Phil demands teams to take Jose's contract but he was a leader in the locker room and Jackson might not part with the one thing that could save him from making it look like he gave away chandler for peanuts. If Calderon can be half of what he should have been he'd be decent. But I would rather him and his 7 million gone. Jennings at 8 mil is so much better

tiger0330

Legend
Figured this would be his line of thinking after his most recent comments in the media.
Seems a lot of teams are looking to do something but the Knicks don't have a lot of assets to trade like other teams. LA is in a better position, Kupchak should go to Kobe and ask him if he would take one for the team and consent to be traded if it would help get Boogie.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This seems like the wisest thing to do. At #4 overall, you can draft Porzingis, Mudiay, Winslow, or Hezonja. All four of those guys are tremendous athletes with great skillsets and at most one weakness. I could see all of them becoming top-level NBA players (Porzingis might take a while though since he's still raw). But in the case of the others...Mudiay has an NBA-ready body, tremendous athleticism, and excellent size. These are things that could make him a contributor pretty quickly.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Need better then that if Lakers will offer #2 and Randle....

Knicks would need to throw in another 1st rounder and THJ

I would give up those assets for Cousins in a heartbeat. Trading first-round picks is good if you get a really great player, and Cousins is probably the best center in the league right now. What we need to stop doing is trading first-round picks for garbage players like Andrea Bargnani.

knicksin60

Starter
Cousins isn't a winner, I'm sorry! He is a locker room cancer, doesn't make the players around him better and has never led a team to more than 30 wins. I would rather give Eddy Curry a max contract than trade anything of value for this guy.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Cousins isn't a winner, I'm sorry! He is a locker room cancer, doesn't make the players around him better and has never led a team to more than 30 wins. I would rather give Eddy Curry a max contract than trade anything of value for this guy.

Unfortunately, that also sounds a lot like Carmelo Anthony, yet we're stuck with him!