Stephon Marbury Rips D'Antoni, Knicks

clumsy

Rotation player
If i was Marbury i would be trying to negotiate a buyout much much earlier. Mgmt did disrespect him pretty hard. I mean if that was me in a job situation, i would be looking for other employment options ASAP

clumsy

Rotation player
ACTUALLY, the more i objectively look at this. I probably would have done the same thing Marbury did.

It's like you are workign with someone that tells you they hate how you do your job or the quality of your work.

Then when they are in need they ask for your help.

I would tell them to eat a dick sandwich too.

ACTUALLY, the more i objectively look at this. I probably would have done the same thing Marbury did.

It's like you are workign with someone that tells you they hate how you do your job or the quality of your work.

Then when they are in need they ask for your help.

I would tell them to eat a dick sandwich too.

And you and the rest of the people that agree with you would be FIRED and be collecting NO MONEY. We're playing in the real world sunshine :thumbsup: Go to work today and tell you boss to eat a Dick sandwich and see what happens :thumbsup:

clumsy

Rotation player
I have no reason to my boss hasn't dissed me. I have told Management to **** off when they have ****ed me over however. And i just got promoted....some people just keep it realer than others.

And i work @ the NYSE.

clumsy

Rotation player
Marbury's real problem is he has no leverage to talk cuz he has such a bad reputation around the league, and in the eyes of the media.

It doesn't help that he is probably a locker room cancer as well. My whole thing is that he is more talented than Duhon, and if you think talent isn't important you probably suck or are mediocre at your current job. As i work in the IT Field with job related stuff I trust the antisocial hostile developers a hell of a lot more at my company than well liked people that really don't do anything but run their mouth.

I have no reason to my boss hasn't dissed me. I have told Management to **** off when they have ****ed me over however. And i just got promoted....some people just keep it realer than others.

And i work @ the NYSE.

You didn't answer the question, I didn't ask you if your boss dissed you, I asked you what would happen if you told your BOSS to eat a dick sandwich. As for the part about you telling management to go f--- themselves, I do believe that because its really your Direct Boss (coach) that holds the key to your job. Only your boss would know how valuable you are to him/the company...... Managment (walsh) has much larger things to think about ($$$ and 2010!)

Marbury's real problem is he has no leverage to talk cuz he has such a bad reputation around the league, and in the eyes of the media.

It doesn't help that he is probably a locker room cancer as well. My whole thing is that he is more talented than Duhon, and if you think talent isn't important you probably suck or are mediocre at your current job. As i work in the IT Field with job related stuff I trust the antisocial hostile developers a hell of a lot more at my company than well liked people that really don't do anything but run their mouth.

You can go and search out many threads that I have posted many times that Marbury has much more natural basketball ability than C.Duhon, talent is important , but when your showcasing your talent and not makeing the "team" better with your talent..... its a lost cause. As for the mediocre thing, I think not chief I'm a General Contractor and the reason I have so much spare time to play around with my laptop is because all of my Guy's are on point with their jobs and there is never any real trouble on any of my jobsites :crossfingers:

clumsy

Rotation player
It depends on the situation. There is a reason why the Knicks didn't fine Marbury at first. And why D'Antoni even said it was ok that he didn't want to play.

clumsy

Rotation player
but can we really say that? We don't even know what Marbury can do in this style of play, he was never given an opportunity to try. If you want to compare track records, you can't even compare Duhon to Marbury cuz they do not have comparable careers. Duhon was never a first option, because he doesn't have 1st option talent.

The thing is tho, you are right, Marbury is gone anyways so it's not even a big deal. I actually want him to go to the Rockets to see what they can do with him. Cuz Rafer Alston sucks.

KBlack25

Starter
It depends on the situation. There is a reason why the Knicks didn't fine Marbury at first. And why D'Antoni even said it was ok that he didn't want to play.

That reason, as far as I heard (I don't remember where unfortunately) was because the organization did not want to create more turmoil. Already the road is rocky and the first time they said "You know what, whatever, he doesn't want to play no need to get into a huge media circus." The 2nd time it was shame on Marbury, in the organization's eyes and said "One time you refuse, 2nd time you're in trouble." Basically a two-strike policy...

Whether it's relevant or proper or whatever or not is another debate...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Marbury said nothing wrong really all he said is that D'Antoni disrespected him and in a way he did...to play Gallo who wasnt ready to play - yet you play him over Marbury thats a slap in the face....not to bring this up and not saying if i agree or not when D'Antoni asked Marbury if he wanted to play and Marbury refused its because he didnt want to play for this team or coach...if he was told to play it woulda been a different story D'Antoni didnt want to play Marbury, but he felt he was doing his part by asking him and thats the way marbury sees the whole thing....

all in all Marbury was slapped in the face over-and-over every game he was inactive with guys like the injured Gallo and fat ****s like Curry and James active over him

we need to settle this shit and move on before it becomes more of a disrqaction then it already is

but can we really say that? We don't even know what Marbury can do in this style of play, he was never given an opportunity to try. If you want to compare track records, you can't even compare Duhon to Marbury cuz they do not have comparable careers. Duhon was never a first option, because he doesn't have 1st option talent.

The thing is tho, you are right, Marbury is gone anyways so it's not even a big deal.

Your right we can't compare the two, we don't know how Steph would look in Coach D's system because he never got the chance to be in it. Not here in NY or with the Suns. As for Duhon not having 1st option talent I have to dis-agree. He's not the scorer Steph is but he is twice the "PG" (passer/floor general/teamate) Starbury was/will ever be. Assists is what makes you a good PG not pts.

You're missing the point. Mebury refused to play and if either of the previously mentioned players did the same, I would be bashing them as well. Why should Mebury get special treatment? If you think he does, then you don't understand the concept of team sports.

They did not do the same things to those bums that they did with Marbury. And Steph says he did not refuse to play, while D'antoni says he did. You're siding with D'antoni. That's fine. But I don't believe anything he says at this point, because he said everyone had a clean slate, and that part we all know was simply not true.

I don't believe liars.

KBlack25

Starter
They did not do the same things to those bums that they did with Marbury. And Steph says he did not refuse to play, while D'antoni says he did. You're siding with D'antoni. That's fine. But I don't believe anything he says at this point, because he said everyone had a clean slate, and that part we all know was simply not true.

I don't believe liars.

Donnie Walsh said everyone has a clean slate, I don't believe Mike D'Antoni ever did...

Edit: If someone can find the article or quote where D'Antoni says anything about everyone having a clean slate please post it. I haven't found anything though doing a quick google search except for Mark Berman claiming (without a quote) that he said everyone has a clean slate. Haven't seen it anywhere else...

clumsy

Rotation player
don't you think that is a product of D'Antoni's system? I think Marbury is better than Duhon is every single aspect of the game. The reason why Marbury Assist/To ratio is higher is because he's a better scorer. The one Duhon kills him in is probably social skills.

Steve Nash is 3 assists lower this year, cuz Shaq takes all these shots and gets his own rebounds. It's more about personel.

I don't believe liars.

1.Because "those bums" haven't turned the Knicks into the Circus Starbury did.
2. Again I'll point out that Walsh said everyone had a clean slate NOT COACH D.
3. You believe Steph?.... forget about this one there's no point.

don't you think that is a product of D'Antoni's system? I think Marbury is better than Duhon is every single aspect of the game. The reason why Marbury Assist/To ratio is higher is because he's a better scorer. The one Duhon kills him in is probably social skills.

Steve Nash is 3 assists lower this year, cuz Shaq takes all these shots and gets his own rebounds. It's more about personel.

yes it is the system, and again yes Marbury has more talent, but the way I see it is that if Steph was our starter his numbers would look something like this -

Guesstamated :)

Steph - 26 pts- 4 assists- 2 rebounds- 0 steals with no untangables

Duhon - 12 pts- 9 assists - 6 rebounds - 2 steals, and a lot of untangables

1.Because "those bums" haven't turned the Knicks into the Circus Starbury did.
2. Again I'll point out that Walsh said everyone had a clean slate NOT COACH D.
3. You believe Steph?.... forget about this one there's no point.

1:Those bums don't have any relevance in the league, that's why they can't make it a circus. They suck, while Steph is the highest paid, and most talented. Duh.

2:I'll point out that Walsh and D'amphony are supposed to be on the same page, why would Wals say that everyone had a clean slate if D'amphony didn't agree?

3:I believe Steph is getting a really raw deal. He came ready to play, even though he probably knew he'd get traded or just let go at the end of the year. I highly doubt he thought if he got into the best shape of his life, that he'd be inactive. And the way this situation has broken down , I tend to side with Steph because D'amphony is a liar.

clumsy

Rotation player
yes it is the system, and again yes Marbury has more talent, but the way I see it is that if Steph was our starter his numbers would look something like this -

Guesstamated :)

Steph - 26 pts- 4 assists- 2 rebounds- 0 steals with no untangables

Duhon - 12 pts- 9 assists - 6 rebounds - 2 steals, and a lot of untangables

LMFAO ok........i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree