Stephon Marbury Rips D'Antoni, Knicks

nyk_nyk

All Star
Not sure there was a "team" request (outside of last year's debacle) to undermine, I believe the entire situation rested squarely in the hands of Mike D'Antoni. The team had 7 guys, Steph would have been another body to throw out there, plus maybe some team would see something and say "hey, let's take a shot on Steph" which would rid D'Antoni of the headache for good.

OR maybe D'Antoni reconsidered, as you people all begged him to do, and Steph refused for whatever reason and under whatever terms.
Refused for "whatever reason". Are you serious???? You really have no idea why Steph refused his request for pt?

Stop the foolishness man

KBlack25

Starter
Refused for "whatever reason". Are you serious???? You really have no idea why Steph refused his request for pt?

Stop the foolishness man!

I didn't say I have no idea, I just think there's a lot of disagreement over what happened. So whatever reason you want to believe he refused to play for is your personal opinion which I'm not going to argue about with you. In the end the fact is he refused to play for whatever reason you think he did...

Stop the foolishness man

Does he get paid to play or sit on the bench and watch his team play their guts out? You guy's just don't get the big picture..... HE GETS PAID TO PLAY BALL NO POUT LIKE A LITTLE BITCH!

clumsy

Rotation player
Clumsy- you can make stats say anything you want if you are crafty with them. Somebody made a statistic to prove that there were over 50 players in NBA history better than MJ. Statistics are numbers that can be toyed with and often present problems because all statistics are not created equal. I.e. scoring 20 ppg in the west a couple years ago was much different than 20 ppg in the east. It's like baseball, a 2.2 ERA in the National League is MUCH different than a 2.2 ERA in the American League.

Plus you have to account for teammate productivity, teammate injury and all kinds of other things. Of course statistics are important but they are also subjective, very VERY subjective. I agree, statistics is one of the better classes of information available but most people (especially on this board) use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post, for support rather than for light. I mean, I can go in and pick out random statistics that say what I want them to say and posit that as definitive evidence of "proof" of an outlandish theory, like 9-11 Conspiracy Theorists who take a random smattering of interviews to prove their point and ignore the rest of the interviews or the actual scientific answers to what they question, or JFK conspiracy theorists. Stats can be good if you use them the right way, but they can easily (read: VERY easily) be manipulated.

This is an Excellent point. I hate stupid people too!! haha i went to engineering school btw so i haven't really seen that many poor usages of statistics in a long time.

WHOA everybody, we have a real Knicks insider here. Apparently Knicks4lyfe was actually inside the locker room and within an earshot to hear exactly what Mike D'Antoni said to Stephon Marbury! Let me ask you Knicks4lyfe, did you have a tape recorder on hand or are you reciting from memory? Also, how did you manage to get inside the Knicks locker room to hear such a sensitive conversation? Do you have a friend with the team or something? Is it Stephon Marbury?
This is what Steph said happened. D'antoni did not refute any of it. If it was a bag of propaganda, surely he would have. And the fact that he had no problem with Steph not playing indicates, it was in fact an option.

Also, we did evolve from monkies as a lot of scientific evidence has shown.
When you can find half monkey half man remains somewhere, lemme know. When Monkeys and humans can interbreed lemme know. When all the so called transitional species, such as Neanderthal and such are classified human/ape instead of human, lemme know. Don't worry, I'll wait :)

However you see it. You're way is the right way, right? Have a good one.

My way is not all ways the right way.... just this time :teeth: answer the questions with TRUTH and an open mind and you'll see what I'm saying. Your Starbury was wronged by the Coach and Org. holds no water because of how WRONG Starbury has been in the past few years..... Dude deserves everthing he's getting right now, its called KARMA!

KBlack25

Starter
This is an Excellent point. I hate stupid people too!! haha i went to engineering school btw so i haven't really seen that many poor usages of statistics in a long time.

Yeah but there's a lot of stupid people out there who rely on statistics and force them into categories. Issue is it's the best indicator we have available, until something better comes along that's what we have to rely on and deal with.

My way is not all ways the right way.... just this time :teeth: answer the questions with TRUTH and an open mind and you'll see what I'm saying. Your Starbury was wronged by the Coach and Org. holds no water because of how WRONG Starbury has been in the past few years..... Dude deserves everthing he's getting right now, its called KARMA!

Well you're just being dogmatic. It's about revenge or Karma as you call it, rather than seeing each incident individually for what it is.

Steph has helped make his reputation what it is. That said, it does not mean that every time something comes up, it's his fault. That's not fair. This is all you need to know. When people are feeling sorry for Steph, you know someone somewhere messed up bad!

KBlack25

Starter
This is what Steph said happened. D'antoni did not refute any of it. If it was a bag of propaganda, surely he would have. And the fact that he had no problem with Steph not playing indicates, it was in fact an option.

Or maybe D'Antoni is more focused on winning basketball games than refuting the idiotic claims of a career problem child who has done nothing but cause problem after problem after problem for this team.

When you can find half monkey half man remains somewhere, lemme know. When Monkeys and humans can interbreed lemme know. When all the so called transitional species, such as Neanderthal and such are classified human/ape instead of human, lemme know. Don't worry, I'll wait :)

When you find proof that Adam and Eve existed in a magical garden where there was a snake and then an invisible man in the sky told them they couldn't eat an apple and then they did, let me know. When you find proof that a virgin gave birth to a man who could walk on water and feed thousands of people with one loaf of bread and one bottle of wine and also he rose from the dead let me know. When you find proof that some guy prayed to God and then the red sea split open let me know. When you find proof there is an invisible man in the sky who watches everything we do, listens to everything we say, has ten rules we can't break or we'll go to hell and suffer for eternity and he loves us and needs our money let me know.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Well you're just being dogmatic. It's about revenge or Karma as you call it, rather than seeing each incident individually for what it is.

Steph has helped make his reputation what it is. That said, it does not mean that every time something comes up, it's his fault. That's not fair. This is all you need to know. When people are feeling sorry for Steph, you know someone somewhere messed up bad!

Track Record/ Habbitual/ repete offender (sorry spell check not working) , do these mean anything to you? and I would have used the word revenge I just thaught Karma sounded better/nicer :)

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Do you have any knowledge of evolution at all?

Or maybe D'Antoni is more focused on winning basketball games than refuting the idiotic claims of a career problem child who has done nothing but cause problem after problem after problem for this team.
There's a thought.

But he did make a point to put Steph out there. That was a private conversation he and Steph had. If he was really worried about just winning, he would have kept that hush and just towed the company line of, he is not in the plans and I didn't wanna put him out there for that to the media. And like one poster said, all his supposed Teammates did not want him playing in the first place. And D'antoni obliged. But it was ok to go against that when he needed him? Lol. Bottom line is, they are purposely trying to bury this man because he won't take less money on a buy out. They see he will sit all year and not play, so they wanna make him a spectacle to force Dolan's hand to buy him out.

That is all. And that's foul. But they have the right if they want to do it.

When you find proof that Adam and Eve existed in a magical garden where there was a snake and then an invisible man in the sky told them they couldn't eat an apple and then they did, let me know. When you find proof that a virgin gave birth to a man who could walk on water and feed thousands of people with one loaf of bread and one bottle of wine and also he rose from the dead let me know. When you find proof that some guy prayed to God and then the red sea split open let me know. When you find proof there is an invisible man in the sky who watches everything we do, listens to everything we say, has ten rules we can't break or we'll go to hell and suffer for eternity and he loves us and needs our money let me know.

Don't worry, I'll wait.
You're here and you are imperfect, just like they became when they sinned, Before they bore children, are you not? That's proof they existed. Garden was not magical. Snake did not talk. God is not a man. No one knows what kinda fruit it was, why do you say apple? Read the accounts of Josephus concerning Jesus. Can't help you with the red sea. God is not a man, again. Ten commandments to0 deep to explain here, wrong section really. Hell is not a place of eternal suffering, and God needs nothing from us. Especially paper.

Track Record/ Habbitual/ repete offender (sorry spell check not working) , do these mean anything to you? and I would have used the word revenge I just thaught Karma sounded better/nicer :)

Did I not just say his rep precedes himself? And that most of this is brought on by what he has done previously?

But that still does not mean it's him every time. And this time, I don't believe it's him. And apparently, a lot of people agree, because most people are saying the Knicks are screwing him. When have people ever felt bad for Steph? lol....

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
You're here and you are imperfect, just like they became when they sinned, Before they bore children, are you not? That's proof they existed.
No it isn't.

I don't get the whole back and forth with Starbury and the Knicks. Hasn't this happened before in Minny? And again in NJ? And again last year? Why do people still pay attention to what Starbury says?

Do you have any knowledge of evolution at all?

Before I answer this question.. I just wanna know. Why are you even here? Not trying to be funny or nothing.. But... The Spurs are light years better than the Knicks and we are not rivals. Like what drew you here?

Yes, I have knowledge of evolution. There are quite a few posters here, my fav Lj4ptplay , that is very informative on the subject. So I have learned quite a bit about the concept.