Thanks Walsh

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You talk about Darko as if we've signed him to a long contract that will doom the franchise.

He's an expiring contract. As was Richardson. We simply swapped players, as Q-Brick has no place on this team anymore. You make it seem like Donnie went and put all his eggs into the Darko basket and hoped for Darko to be the centerpiece of our team when all he did was execute a player swap that doesn't even impact our 2010 cap room. Plus anyway you look at it Darko is way more valuable to this team than Q-Brick which is the only piece we gave up for him.

You want Donnie Walsh to make it so that the Knicks to win now? How much winning do you think we can do with Eddy Curry's contract on the books? How much winning do you think we can do when we don't have a single all-star and our most valuable player is a MLE-salary level guy who gets you a double double but is a rebound stat padder and awful on defense? Do you honestly believe ANY general manager could possibly undo all of the stupid moves that Isiah made in the last five years?

What better moves could Donnie have made so far? Other than handling the Marbury situation rather poorly, what could Donnie Walsh have done better? I'm unaware of any free agent that would've done anything but make us more than a 40 win team, you rag on Donnie Walsh because we're not championship contenders, newsflash, it's pretty hard to go from the joke of the league to a championship contender in a single year especially since Isiah's moves don't just screw us over in the present day, the era of Isiah will be felt until 2011 which is when Curry and Jeffries' contracts expire.

You talk about how Darko's a draft bust? Newsflash, as big a draft bust as he is he's a better defender than any big man on our team. That's sad.

skelos

Rookie
I dont see why walsh is being ridiculed so much.
He gets blamed for the marbury situation which i dnt think was his fault. I think Dantoni wasnt straight forward with steph and put walsh in a bad position as it came unexpected to him. the buyout was fair as he offered him all his money minus what he would have made if he signed with another team to make him whole.

the randolph trade would have been better if mobley didnt have a heart condition but we still got a descent scorer off the bench.

He brought in hughes to help our defense which we didnt have.

Danillo was coveted by nj and they tried to move up to get him so he must be something special.

Qrich hasnt done anything since he came here and getting someone who actually block shots is better than what we have so far.

With all the "superstars" we had in marbury zach crawford curry the previous season we only were able to get 23 wins. a 9 game improvement with much less talent on the team is an improvement in my books.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
NYK 33 TaVe made a good point. Walsh did bring in Harrington, a player I wanted here 3 years ago.

Here's my issue. This team was good enough to make a playoff push with the right point guard and coach. We had nether. Duhon averaged a franchise high number of assist due to a shit load of minutes. Let's not get it twisted. I don't feel bad about Marbury but D'Antoni did f*ck him. Q for Darko was a pointless trade. Lateral move, it obviously can't help us cap wise because both contracts are expiring, but it doesn't improve us so it was pointless.

Next year can be a big year but the top guys have no reason to come to a team that isn't even making the playoffs. If anything we should stay young and competitive to make a playoff push. That to me would make NY a more appealing team for an All-Star.

I'm not saying Walsh is a bad GM or D'Antoni is a bad coach. All I'm saying is so far I'm not impressed. Walsh's premise for success is build the team and protect the cap for a major trade in 2010. I can only give him credit if he pulls this off next year. Right now he gets an incomplete. They can talk up Darko and Grant all they wont. I'm not buying it. They might as well come out and say, look we aint doing shit until next season. Just don't lie to me and tell me these trades are improvements.

Coastyn

Rookie
Yo..theres no way yal can blam MDA for treating marbury the way he did...Lets not forget, steph played for MDA on the suns before nash came around. Reports proved that steph was a cancer for MDA back then...why would he want to come to fresh to the garden and deal with that burden again?? Marbury is a cancer for any team. Kidd replaces marbury on the NEts= Finals Contender...Nash replaces Marbury on the Suns = Western playoff contenders..Duhon replaces marbury on the knicks = Duhon isnt good so it doesnt make a difference.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Yo..theres no way yal can blam MDA for treating marbury the way he did...Lets not forget, steph played for MDA on the suns before nash came around. Reports proved that steph was a cancer for MDA back then...why would he want to come to fresh to the garden and deal with that burden again?? Marbury is a cancer for any team. Kidd replaces marbury on the NEts= Finals Contender...Nash replaces Marbury on the Suns = Western playoff contenders..Duhon replaces marbury on the knicks = Duhon isnt good so it doesnt make a difference.
It's pretty obvious isn't it. There'll be tears of anger over this any time soon from the poo squad.

Beware. They post pictures of poon and call you gay.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
NYK 33 TaVe made a good point. Walsh did bring in Harrington, a player I wanted here 3 years ago.

Here's my issue. This team was good enough to make a playoff push with the right point guard and coach. We had nether. Duhon averaged a franchise high number of assist due to a shit load of minutes. Let's not get it twisted. I don't feel bad about Marbury but D'Antoni did f*ck him. Q for Darko was a pointless trade. Lateral move, it obviously can't help us cap wise because both contracts are expiring, but it doesn't improve us so it was pointless.

Next year can be a big year but the top guys have no reason to come to a team that isn't even making the playoffs. If anything we should stay young and competitive to make a playoff push. That to me would make NY a more appealing team for an All-Star.

I'm not saying Walsh is a bad GM or D'Antoni is a bad coach. All I'm saying is so far I'm not impressed. Walsh's premise for success is build the team and protect the cap for a major trade in 2010. I can only give him credit if he pulls this off next year. Right now he gets an incomplete. They can talk up Darko and Grant all they wont. I'm not buying it. They might as well come out and say, look we aint doing shit until next season. Just don't lie to me and tell me these trades are improvements.

Being "good enough" does nothing for us...Walsh is trying to put us in a position to win a title. Following a short term goal of "make the playoffs" is short sided and is directly what got us into this mess to begin with. Sometimes you need to tare it down so you can rebuild it bigger and better than before.

Darko, any way you slice it was an improvement over Q rich and does nothing to our cap space. It addressed a need and has the potential to be a great pick up. Darko's skill set is tailor made for Dantoni's system and he should put up career numbers if given the minutes. Dantoni has a history of maximizing players potentials. Who was Nash before Dantoni? A mediocre player on the level of Earl Watson. Dantoni's system and coaching style turned Nash into an MVP.

Again, Walsh has us on the right path and is putting us in a position for the first time in over a decade to sign a superstar.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
^^^^ good points trillion. Darko over q-brick is an immense improvement. Getting rid of richardson allows the young guys to have more playing time. Plus we now have a big man in darko that can block some shots.

In time walsh will be recognized as our savior. Might even have a statue outside MSG :lol: :lol: :lol:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I won't give Donnie Walsh or Mike D'Antoni credit, until the team actually starts winning. A 32-50 record does not impressive me. As for trading away Randolph and Crawford, I think both of those trades were stupid. I do not see how a GM could keep Eddy Curry and Quentin Richardson(some of the worst starters in Knicks History) and throw away the team's two leading scorers who helped the team start off with a 6-5 record.

TunerAddict

Starter
I won't give Donnie Walsh or Mike D'Antoni credit, until the team actually starts winning. A 32-50 record does not impressive me. As for trading away Randolph and Crawford, I think both of those trades were stupid. I do not see how a GM could keep Eddy Curry and Quentin Richardson(some of the worst starters in Knicks History) and throw away the team's two leading scorers who helped the team start off with a 6-5 record.

You're an idiot...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You're an idiot...

Says the faqqot who has had the same Anthony Roberson signature, for almost 8 months, and who has had a Mardy Collins signature for 6 months.

You truly are pathetic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look, b!tc#.

Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni are not doing the best possible job.

They traded for bumass Larry Hughes, and they traded Jamal Crawford for the small forward version of him
(Albert Harrington). Meanwhile, the team already had 5 small forwards, prior to the trade. Some smart move.

They also kept Eddy Curry, and the 31 million dollars owed to him, and they kept Jared Jeffries and his 20 million dollars that is owed to him.

They traded Zach Randolph for Cuttino Mobley's 18 million dollar retirement fund and Tim Thomas' role as the 6th small forward on the team.

Seriously, go hang yourself.

You truly are stupid, if you believe that Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries did not deserve to be traded, last season.

You are also stupid, if you like the Larry Hughes trade.

You are even more stupid, if you think a 32-50 record is impressive.

I am willing to give Walsh and D'Antoni credit, if the team starts winning. But until they win, I am not going to jump on the bandwagon.

And I most certainly am not going to slobber all over Mike D'Antoni's, Donnie Walsh's, Mardy Collins, and Anthony Roberson's dicks, like you have for your entire life.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's not that Curry and Jeffries didn't deserve to be traded, it's that it's rather hard for Walsh to trade them when no GM in his right mind except for Isiah would get those guys in the first place

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It's beyond me how anyone can say trading Crawful & randolph was not a good move.

If we could have traded Eddy Curry we would have. Same with J Jeffries (excluding the Kings trade, cos @ the time losing N8 seemed too costly)

Z Bo= over payed by $8m/year
Crawful= Feces + eats @ 2010

We dropped Rose, James & Richardson and now have a better/much cheaper team than last year.

What the **** is wrong with that?

2 more trades and it's all good. Only 2. Shit left over from Thomas' reign as MSG's jester. Can't blame the new wave for shit washed up by the old one.

smokes

Huge Member

Yeah man! And why didn't they trade for Wade, Lebron, CP3 and Dwight all last season as well I mean what the hell are Donnie and Mike thinking?!?!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Giving Walsh credit for trading away our two best scorers is like giving a retard credit for jacking off in class. We all understand what went down, we just don't agree that if was the right decision. And none of us can be proven right or wrong until 2010. If Walsh ends up throwing away two seasons to get Michael Redd he's going to look like an ass. Redd is a slight upgrade of Jamal Crawford.

The vast majority of the free agents of 2010 play for better teams then the Knicks. Many play for Playoff and Championship contenders. There is virtually no incentive for them to play for a loosing Knicks team. As specially when their teams can match any Knicks offer. The best way to draw in good players is to get under the cap and start winning f*cking games. Do you see anyone breaking their neck to play for the Grizzlies?

smokes

Huge Member
Hm, donchris, you make it sound like we traded away those guys for nothing by saying "throwing 2 seasons away". We got Harrington for Crawford who puts up similar scoring numbers, no less there imo. We got a couple of pieces for Zach who hopefully will be used to secure another trade this season, and hell Zach just got traded for our good old pal Qrich for gods sake its not like he's valuable as hell. Neither of them was that good and we dumped them.