Thanks Walsh

clumsy

Rotation player
Ummm not better than any other coach. Please inform me of a team that won a chip without a superstar last 20 years. I really believe that you need a good coach to win a chip but good players to get into the playoffs.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
At this stage, I'd say Dwayne Wade is the most likely to sign of the 2 super stars.

Bosh the more likely of the 2 All Stars.

Wade most likely over all because:

-Miami has been so up and down with Wade wearing the badge the last 3 years.

-Though not as much as Bosh or Amare, he's voiced his frustrations with his club.

-With an NBA championship ring and Finals MVP trophy he's the only one who can say out of the new wave of super stars (Melo, Bosh, LBJ etc.) that he's reached the top of the mountain.

So IMO he has a reason/excuse to migrate to the apple and make the world notice him even more.

In the hoop mecca, anything he achieves will be amplified by the sound of the city. Comparatively, a championship in Miami is half as enormous as it would/could be in NY.

That said, I'm leaning toward wanting a more versatile unit in 2010 and pursuing a big name in 2011. Not leaning all the way, but what's better for NY?

2 Leaders or one Super Star?

Red

TYPE-A
I thought it was appropriate to re-open this thread.
Thanks Walsh... again.
Putting things into perspective, these moves are only preliminary to our overall goals.
We got through the bottom of the eighth... This July 1st- it will be "The bottom of the Ninth" aka Crunch Time. C'mon show Donnie from the Bronx some love!!!!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
If Lopez is such an all-star caliber center, why did the Nets miss the playoffs? The Big Three in The Meadowland's. Vince Carter, Devin Harris and Brook Lopez didn't make it..

Knicks would never have made the playoffs with Marbury on their team. We could have had Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Lebron but we would have failed if the biggest tard in pro sport history had been at the point...

Dwight Howard, Lebron James, and Patrick Ewing missed the playoff on their rookie seasons.
Patrick Ewing only won 23 games in his rookie season and 24 games in his sophomore season. What's your point?
You cannot blame one player for why an entire team is failing.
Look at all of the bums that have played on the Knicks' starting front court, in the last 5 years. Jared Jeffries, Eddy Curry, Channing Frye, Quentin Richardson, Malik Rose. Not even Kobe could make it passed the first round of the playoffs, with those type of scrubs in the front court.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
I woke up the last 2 mornings so excited for what is yet to come....THANK YOU DONNIE.

I am almost glad we still have Curry so next year when his contract is gone we get a taste of what these last 2 days have been like....

Red

TYPE-A
Thanks to him...

We have a wining record for the 1st time since 2000-2001

We have a chance to compete

We have better days ahead.

He's the architect, the brains behind the plan.

He deserves the credit. Resign him!

Thanks Walsh!

KBlack25

Starter
Thanks to him...

We have a wining record for the 1st time since 2000-2001

We have a chance to compete

We have better days ahead.

He's the architect, the brains behind the plan.

He deserves the credit. Resign him!

Thanks Walsh!

Apparently it's up to Walsh whether he wants to come back. I heard or read somewhere he was not happy about the Isiah/Dolan involvement in the Melo deal and he wanted to wait it out.

I do hope we get Donnie back though. He got us under the cap, I thought that was impossible. Either way he deserves MAD props.

Thanks to Carmelo Anthony!

He's one of the best players on the planet. To be honest, in April he's been the best of them all!

And yeah I admit it, I'm a Melo fan boy...but guess what this guy is legit and lethal. Much better than Amar'e imo.

Melo is a beast and our franchise player. He's been killing teams on his own lately.

Red

TYPE-A
Thanks to Carmelo Anthony!

He's one of the best players on the planet. To be honest, in April he's been the best of them all!

And yeah I admit it, I'm a Melo fan boy...but guess what this guy is legit and lethal. Much better than Amar'e imo.

Melo is a beast and our franchise player. He's been killing teams on his own lately.

Aww... see why you had to do that? Much better than Amare? Let's not forget...

Without Donnie (from da Bronx)

We wouldn't have Amare. Who is a year removed from carrying a PHX team in the playoffs. A man who dropped 50 on the greatest power forward EVER in Duncan, who might I add plays on a team with great defense.

And without Amare

There's no Melo.

Imagine, two great players actually WANTED to come and play in New York. They didn't d!ck us around or waiver, they chose us...

And that's because of Donnie!

Who would've thought that realistically speaking? Remember, it wasn't long ago we were practically begging for ANYONE to join us, the Jason Kidds and Grant Hills?
Sh!t we went bucknutty for Tracey Mac!

Let's not forget where we came from, and more importantly what got us here.

The Patient, league-wide respected, Donnie Walsh.

Blumatic

Rotation player
It's nice we are led by native New Yorkers, Walsh - Bronx, Melo - BK, STAT - born in Florida but lived in Newburgh, NY so its ok.

Walsh needs a chant especially with tomorrow being the last regular season game. Somebody on the team needs to endorse Walsh.

He is patient, he has his principles, he probably wanted to wait for the deadline to make the deal. But the best part is that he is not resting on his laurels. We're in the playoffs and if this team stays as is we would probably contend for the 4th and 5th seed next year. The guy does his job. He is quiet and the only reason we here from him is because he is always at practice. He did what New York fans have been saying since our first losing season. Blow up this team and start over. And he did that.

Thank You Donnie.

petescud

Starter
Donnie's a professor GM. He was holding out cause he felt we could get Melo for less. Say Curry, Felton and Chandler...Dolan panic and gave them Gallo and the pick as well

jpz17

Starter
GREAT ASSET, and I think you guys would feel a ton more comfortable with D'Antoni as our coach if Walsh remained with NY.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I will do my damnedest to start a "thank you Donnie" chant tonight. I tried to get one going at the end of Melo's debut but the place was still buzzing over the Beast on the Block working the Bucks into submission.

Red

TYPE-A
Yeah, we'll be listening. I wanna hear...

Don-nie Walsh, Don-nie Walsh

So loud Breen and Clyde broadcast what the building is chanting.

I had to bump tis thread, he deserves credit for a job well done.