The 2015 NBA Draft

tiger0330

Legend
I love that Knicks fans hated the Porzingis pick and Porzingis responded to it. He will show up with a chip on his shoulder. He is not like other European players. He is ready for NYC. Just listen to this kid. PJ got us the best freak athletic big man in the draft and then got us a freak athletic PG. This is a great draft for us and so many Knicks fans are crying. Just amazing.
We will see how this works out but I'm not expecting that 25 win improvement this season if you have to rely on these kids to give it to you. PJ is still going to have to rely on FA to get those 25 wins so he has to hit a home in free agency, DFish is going to have to start from almost square one implementing PJ's triangle esp if no one from last years team is brought back which will be another hurdle the Knicks have to overcome.

Broadway

All Star
I love that Knicks fans hated the Porzingis pick and Porzingis responded to it. He will show up with a chip on his shoulder. He is not like other European players. He is ready for NYC. Just listen to this kid. PJ got us the best freak athletic big man in the draft and then got us a freak athletic PG. This is a great draft for us and so many Knicks fans are crying. Just amazing.

I would love the Porz pick so much more had we traded Melo and not traded for Bargain. Phil is considering brining Jason Smith back next yr. Unless Phil lands a pretty significant fish in free agency we head into next yr pretty much like last yr....expect lots of losses except this next summer Denver and Toronto party on our Tab.

We will see how this works out but I'm not expecting that 25 win improvement this season if you have to rely on these kids to give it to you. PJ is still going to have to rely on FA to get those 25 wins so he has to hit a home in free agency, DFish is going to have to start from almost square one implementing PJ's triangle esp if no one from last years team is brought back which will be another hurdle the Knicks have to overcome.

I understand that Knicks fans want us to win ASAP, but there is no way we are doing anything significant next season regardless of who we drafted, barring some crazy unexpected free agency signings. We needed a big man and we needed a PG out of this draft and PJ got both. You can't be upset that we didn't get Towns/Russell/Okafor because they weren't there when we picked. Porzingis is the only guy outside of those 3 that anyone was predicting to be a possible future star (other than Mudiay and he slipped to 7).

People are going to judge PJ heavily on wanting to win next year, but people are going to need to forget about the 2015-16 season being what this is all about.

I would love the Porz pick so much more had we traded Melo and not traded for Bargain. Phil is considering brining Jason Smith back next yr. Unless Phil lands a pretty significant fish in free agency we head into next yr pretty much like last yr....expect lots of losses except this next summer Denver and Toronto party on our Tab.

Yeah, that Bargnani trade is pretty much the worst thing ever. Still, we're probably going to have to suck it up and watch another season of losing basketball this coming season. Who knows, maybe it will make Melo waive his no trade clause.

Broadway

All Star
Real talk I think Brooklyn may have had a good draft night considering draft position but what's up with this from Plumlee

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
That Andrea Bargnani trade was one of the worst in recent NBA memory. I was pissed when they fired Glen Grunwald, but now I think getting rid of him was the right move.

It doesn't help that his replacement Phil Jackson has been pretty bad as well though

mafra

Legend
Who the hell is Guillermo Hernangomez????

At least the Knicks were one of the most active teams in this draft without much to work with.

The Knicks made a trade with the 76ers late Thursday for the rights to No. 35 overall pick Guillermo Hernangomez, a 6-foot-11 center from Spain.

Hernangomez, 20, who goes by ?Willy?, averaged 10.1 points and 5.7 rebounds last season for Sevilla in the Spanish league, where he was on loan from Real Madrid. He is not expected to be coming to the NBA anytime soon.

Hernangomez played the last five years on Spanish Junior National Teams, averaging 26.3 points and 13.2 rebounds in the 2013 FIBA under-19 world championships.

From NBA Draft Express:

Hernangomez has made the most of his opportunity to grow into a reliable center competing against quality competition. Turning 21 later this year, the last two seasons have been formative ones for the young center, who to that point, was largely untested at the senior level. Ranking as one of Sevilla?s top scorers in ACB play, functioning as their primary post up weapon, and being the main big man stepping out to set screens in their pick and roll heavy offense, the young center has matured considerably in a fairly short span, part of the reason the Madrid native opted to take a serious run at the 2015 NBA Draft instead of waiting until he would be automatically eligible next summer.

Who the hell is Guillermo Hernangomez????

At least the Knicks were one of the most active teams in this draft without much to work with.

Just looked him up. Sounds like Spain's version of Jahlil Okafor, except with like one-tenth the athletic ability. There's actually an article from a little while ago about him being a top draft and stash candidate for the Nets of all teams.

Broadway

All Star
Just looked him up. Sounds like Spain's version of Jahlil Okafor, except with like one-tenth the athletic ability. There's actually an article from a little while ago about him being a top draft and stash candidate for the Nets of all teams.

Porz=Latvian

Guillermo=Spain

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks made a trade with the 76ers late Thursday for the rights to No. 35 overall pick Guillermo Hernangomez, a 6-foot-11 center from Spain.

Hernangomez, 20, who goes by ‘Willy’, averaged 10.1 points and 5.7 rebounds last season for Sevilla in the Spanish league, where he was on loan from Real Madrid. He is not expected to be coming to the NBA anytime soon.

Hernangomez played the last five years on Spanish Junior National Teams, averaging 26.3 points and 13.2 rebounds in the 2013 FIBA under-19 world championships.

From NBA Draft Express:

Hernangomez has made the most of his opportunity to grow into a reliable center competing against quality competition. Turning 21 later this year, the last two seasons have been formative ones for the young center, who to that point, was largely untested at the senior level. Ranking as one of Sevilla’s top scorers in ACB play, functioning as their primary post up weapon, and being the main big man stepping out to set screens in their pick and roll heavy offense, the young center has matured considerably in a fairly short span, part of the reason the Madrid native opted to take a serious run at the 2015 NBA Draft instead of waiting until he would be automatically eligible next summer.
Thanks Mafra. Didn't we draft a late second rounder a few seasons ago that we stashed away in Europe, what ever became of him? I think he was a Greek player.