The 2015 NBA Draft

tiger0330

Legend
Kostas Papanicolau. We traded him to Houston.
Thanks htr10. He actually played for Houston this year, they gave him a 9.8M/2yr contract to come over but he got injured and missed the playoffs. Didn't think he was that good esp for what they were paying him.

tiger0330

Legend
Begley gets It!!!

Isola reporting that Melo is not happy with the pick and that they traded THJ. Isola quoted him saying "We have to wait 3 years for this guy to develop." I know Melo watched Zingis workout so that may be a realistic assessment of how long it takes Zingis to start contributing.

I wonder if those fans that booed the pick was because they associate this kid with Bargs, Weis and Darko or because they think this means another 3 years of losing bball because this kid is a project.

Another season of losing may make Melo revoke his no trade clause which many of us want to go full rebuild. A lot will depend on what PJ is able to do in FA but I don't think he's made NY an attractive place to play with Zingis and Grant.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Well guys P-Jax is a lot smarter than we have him credit for. He definitely reinforced the "tank" for next year by picking a skinny kid who is at best Pau Gasol in 3-5 years. And how long is Phil's contract???? 4 years. If this kid doesn't pan out, PJAx is gone anyway. Wonderful Phil. Just wonderful. Just too easy to draft the PG you needed and best available with the 4th pick in Mudiay. So now Phil is totally off the hook again. Get to know these words KNIcKs fans: "process" and "maturity":(

Kiyaman

Legend
Well guys P-Jax is a lot smarter than we have him credit for. He definitely reinforced the "tank" for next year by picking a skinny kid who is at best Pau Gasol in 3-5 years. And how long is Phil's contract???? 4 years. If this kid doesn't pan out, PJAx is gone anyway. Wonderful Phil. Just wonderful. Just too easy to draft the PG you needed and best available with the 4th pick in Mudiay. So now Phil is totally off the hook again. Get to know these words KNIcKs fans: "process" and "maturity":(

STOP Bull****ting Knicks Fans .. Phil Jackson is the Knicks number-one ENEMY.
Phil Jax threw our 4th pick into the Atlantic ocean

2014 draft Phil graded a C- .. Thanis were a good pick
2014 free agent Phil graded a F for FAILURE .. Giving mutiny-Melo a $124M contract
2014-15 season Phil graded a BIG F for super-Failure having a 17 win season.
2015 draft Phil graded a F by throwing the Knicks 4th pick into the Atlantic Ocean.

It's funny. This is literally the 1998 draft all over again, except with slightly different details. A talented, skinny European PF with amazing shooting touch goes to the Mavericks with a top 10 pick and Mavericks fans get angry. Dallas also makes a trade that gets them a young PG in that draft. Other teams' fans mock the Mavericks for not grabbing surer options like Robert Traylor or a plethora of other future nobodies from the NCAA ranks. The Dallas players are Dirk and Steve Nash, both future league MVPs. Believe in history repeating itself, Knicks fans!

Kiyaman

Legend
The Miami Heat 2014 pick "PG Shabazz Napier", and 2015 pick "SG/SF Justise Winslow" has two future NBA stars out of the draft.
Winslow colege performance n B.ball IQ were like Brandon Roy and D.Wade .. he will be a NBA ALL-Star within 4 years.

Zinga-Zing has no trade worth "$.00" until 2016-17 season .. Winslow has a trade worth of $2.5M the night after the draft.

Broadway

All Star
It's funny. This is literally the 1998 draft all over again, except with slightly different details. A talented, skinny European PF with amazing shooting touch goes to the Mavericks with a top 10 pick and Mavericks fans get angry. Dallas also makes a trade that gets them a young PG in that draft. Other teams' fans mock the Mavericks for not grabbing surer options like Robert Traylor or a plethora of other future nobodies from the NCAA ranks. The Dallas players are Dirk and Steve Nash, both future league MVPs. Believe in history repeating itself, Knicks fans!

Can't automatically place him in Dirk's shoes...Dirk is arguably a Top 15 GOAT. Doesn't mean the kid is going to be Bargnani or Darko either. There is justification for being disappointed in the pick

I think Allen Iverson said it best when asked if he's the next Jordan like star and his reply was as we're contemplating #kporzee's future....

WHY CAN'T I BE THE NEXT ALLEN IVERSON(Kristaps Porzingis)

jimkcchief88

All Star
STOP Bull****ting Knicks Fans .. Phil Jackson is the Knicks number-one ENEMY.
Phil Jax threw our 4th pick into the Atlantic ocean

2014 draft Phil graded a C- .. Thanis were a good pick
2014 free agent Phil graded a F for FAILURE .. Giving mutiny-Melo a $124M contract
2014-15 season Phil graded a BIG F for super-Failure having a 17 win season.
2015 draft Phil graded a F by throwing the Knicks 4th pick into the Atlantic Ocean.

Yep next season is going to be an absolute mess. Just a mess. A pissed off Superstar left on and island with a bunch of young players and second tier free agents. What decent F/A would want to deal with this mess. Only the ones intending to steal $$$$ like P-jax:(

tiger0330

Legend
Yep next season is going to be an absolute mess. Just a mess. A pissed off Superstar left on and island with a bunch of young players and second tier free agents. What decent F/A would want to deal with this mess. Only the ones intending to steal $$$$ like P-jax:(
Or the ones that want to come to NY because it's the media capital of the world and think that it's the best place to "Build their Brand" something Phil Jackson will love.

Maybe this was PJ's plan all along. Force the Knicks into full blown rebuilding mode because he knows even with a different 1st round pick, no elite free agent is coming to the Knicks this offseason. Make Melo waive his no trade clause and trade him mid season for as many assets as possible. Leave the Knicks with some great young assets for the future and walk off into the sunset saying 'you're welcome, Knicks fans, I did the thing that your franchise should have done over a decade ago. You'll be thanking me in 3 years.'

tiger0330

Legend
Maybe this was PJ's plan all along. Force the Knicks into full blown rebuilding mode because he knows even with a different 1st round pick, no elite free agent is coming to the Knicks this offseason. Make Melo waive his no trade clause and trade him mid season for as many assets as possible. Leave the Knicks with some great young assets for the future and walk off into the sunset saying 'you're welcome, Knicks fans, I did the thing that your franchise should have done over a decade ago. You'll be thanking me in 3 years.'
That would have more credibility before Melo signed his deal and I believe Knick fans would have endorsed it and tolerated the losing seasons while the team was being rebuilt.

The way he's going about rebuilding right now seems haphazard and reactive, Begley echoed what fans think, why draft a guy that MAY be good 3-5 years from now when you just signed your marquee guy who is over 30 whose best years are now, not 3-5 years from now.

I said PJ hasn't a clue, you can't run the Knicks on pure luck, you have to have a plan and I haven't seen one up to now.

That would have more credibility before Melo signed his deal and I believe Knick fans would have endorsed it and tolerated the losing seasons while the team was being rebuilt.

The way he's going about rebuilding right now seems haphazard and reactive, Begley echoed what fans think, why draft a guy that MAY be good 3-5 years from now when you just signed your marquee guy who is over 30 whose best years are now, not 3-5 years from now.

I said PJ hasn't a clue, you can't run the Knicks on pure luck, you have to have a plan and I haven't seen one up to now.

I still argue that if we let Melo get signed by another team last offseason we basically would have just let an asset walk away for nothing. I don't care about Dolan's pocket book. By re-signing Melo, we are one bad day away from him waiving his no-trade clause and sending him to a contending team mid season for a king's ransom. That plan only falls apart if he doesn't come back healthy this year or never waives his no-trade clause. I have never gotten the argument that we should not have resigned Melo. All that would have let us with is a lot more salary cap room and still no elite players who want to come him here.

For what's it worth, the thing I'm talking about with pissing Melo off so much he waives his no-trade clause may literally be happening while we speak. Wasn't the big concern on these forums that Melo was getting too much input into picking our future players? Well, guess what? PJ got our backs. Melo apparently has less than zero input into building our roster. Didn't people on these forums say we'd never win a championship with Melo? Well, guess what? PJ may be executing a plan to either show Melo's who is really in charge or turn him into future assets with which we can actually build something.

mafra

Legend
Teenager. 7"2. Wingspan of 7"6'.38-inch vertical. Height of Dirk, with Perimeter shooting of Durant, with defensive potential of Gobert. People are upset b/c we passed o Winslow? Who fell to ten? OK, maybe Mudiay... you have a point...BUt we opted, and got, our PG in Grant, so that point is mute, no?

Teenager. 7"2. Wingspan of 7"6'.38-inch vertical. Height of Dirk, with Perimeter shooting of Durant, with defensive potential of Gobert. People are upset b/c we passed o Winslow? Who fell to ten? OK, maybe Mudiay... you have a point...BUt we opted, and got, our PG in Grant, so that point is mute, no?

I could not agree with you more, but the two of us are definitely in the minority here.

tiger0330

Legend
I could not agree with you more, but the two of us are definitely in the minority here.
My complaint is not with the kid but with Phil Jackson. He constantly contradicts himself, and it's not just KOL that are scratching their heads about what is he doing, SAS, Melo, Begley are all examples of the WTF crowd.

I'm hoping Zingis makes us eat our words about not being ready for 3-5 years but even Dirk took a season to become a starter and finishing with a crap record like this year does us no good because we don't have a first rounder next year. I'm not sure you want to force feed him either but maybe trial by fire is the best way to bring him along. Just prep him as well as you can, bring in a big man coach, get him a personal trainer, dietitian whatever the Knicks need to do to give him a head start for next season. There is a positive about Zingis, I don't question his desire and work ethic.

My complaint is not with the kid but with Phil Jackson. He constantly contradicts himself, and it's not just KOL that are scratching their heads about what is he doing, SAS, Melo, Begley are all examples of the WTF crowd.

I'm hoping Zingis makes us eat our words about not being ready for 3-5 years but even Dirk took a season to become a starter and finishing with a crap record like this year does us no good because we don't have a first rounder next year. I'm not sure you want to force feed him either but maybe trial by fire is the best way to bring him along. Just prep him as well as you can, bring in a big man coach, get him a personal trainer, dietitian whatever the Knicks need to do to give him a head start for next season. There is a positive about Zingis, I don't question his desire and work ethic.

I get what you're saying, but we are bad next year with Mudiay, Winslow, WCS, or Kaminsky also, because best case scenario is we get a guy like Monroe (who is not a good fit at all with Melo) in free agency. The prior front office killed us with that Bargnani for a 1st round pick trade. I do believe it is fully PJ's plan to get us back into the 1st round next year for what it's worth. He managed to get us a 2nd top 20 pick this year, which I'm guessing most people would have thought was unlikely given our assets.

As far as Melo and Stephen A. Smith, the fact that they are upset actually makes me more convinced that we did the right thing. I respect their opinions about how to build a basketball team exactly zero.

It's funny, I'm listening to NBA Today right now on satellite radio and one of the co-hosts is killing Philly for taking Okafor instead of Porzingis. In fact, Okafor going to Philly seems to be getting trashed today by national media more than our pick of Porzingis. If you forget who Okafor is, the idea of taking a college center who doesn't play defense and is actually only 6'9" without shoes seems way more suspect than rolling the dice on a legit 7-footer with a perimeter game and the ability to defend the pick and roll. CBSSports gave our pick of Porzingis an A and the Okafor pick an A-. Wojnarowski loved our pick and said multiple elite GMs with whom he spoke loved the pick too.

Not saying I wouldn't have wanted Okafor, just saying it's all a matter of perspective right now.

Broadway

All Star
For what's it worth, the thing I'm talking about with pissing Melo off so much he waives his no-trade clause may literally be happening while we speak. Wasn't the big concern on these forums that Melo was getting too much input into picking our future players? Well, guess what? PJ got our backs. Melo apparently has less than zero input into building our roster. Didn't people on these forums say we'd never win a championship with Melo? Well, guess what? PJ may be executing a plan to either show Melo's who is really in charge or turn him into future assets with which we can actually build something.

Agreed and I debunked that #Myth right away in the thread started about the subject. Melo is a Know Nothing Slime Bucket Sleazeball Dummy

Phil still hasn't executed a definitive plan as Tig brought up. I will give Phil credit for coming out with something extra in drafts going in with very little or nothing.