The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
For the record isn't it possible that Billups might actually have no problem with playing in NY?

There were reports that he'd ask for a buyout from NJ because, well, they're the ****ing Nets, but why wouldn't he want to play in NYC with Amar'e and Carmelo? If you told me at the start of the off-season that we'd eventually have a Billups-Carmelo and Billups-Amar'e Pick and Roll I'd jizz in my pants.

Billups is a much better defender than Felton and he's a much better shooter than Felton is. Billups improves us from 3-point range by a long shot, he's probably the best 3-point shooter on this team.

Carmelo and Amar'e speak for themselves, Fields is improving from 3, start Turiaf at C and sign Earl Barron as a backup Center. We have sharpshooters in Bill Walker (who I now hope will see more playing time) and Shawne Williams, we have Shelden Williams who is an excellent defender, Renaldo Balkman who as we all remember is a good hustle player who rebounds and plays defense.

We've improved in the following areas roster-wise:

Rebounding (Melo, Balkman, Williams are far better rebounders than Mozgov/Gallo/Chandler/etc.)
Defense (Williams and Balkman are good defenders, Billups is a far better defender than Felton)
Leadership (Billups as a floor general is far superior to Felton, he's playoff-tested).

We've stayed constant in the following areas:

3-point shooting (we lost Gallinari and Chandler and Felton, but we picked up Billups who is far better at shooting the 3, so it's not TOTALLY lost).

We've definitely improved on offense even without as much 3-point shooting, though.

PG - IMPROVE (Billups > Felton)
SG - SAME (Fields = Fields)
SF - IMPROVE (Melo > Gallinari)
PF - SAME (Amar'e = Amar'e)
C - SAME (Turiaf = Turiaf)

Backup G - SAME (Toney Douglas)
Backup F - WORSE (Chandler >> Balkman)
Backup C - WORSE (Mozgov >>> Barron...but is he better than Shelden Williams? Williams is undersized but STRONG...)

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
For the record isn't it possible that Billups might actually have no problem with playing in NY?

There were reports that he'd ask for a buyout from NJ because, well, they're the ****ing Nets, but why wouldn't he want to play in NYC with Amar'e and Carmelo? If you told me at the start of the off-season that we'd eventually have a Billups-Carmelo and Billups-Amar'e Pick and Roll I'd jizz in my pants.

Billups is a much better defender than Felton and he's a much better shooter than Felton is. Billups improves us from 3-point range by a long shot, he's probably the best 3-point shooter on this team.

Carmelo and Amar'e speak for themselves, Fields is improving from 3, start Turiaf at C and sign Earl Barron as a backup Center. We have sharpshooters in Bill Walker (who I now hope will see more playing time) and Shawne Williams, we have Shelden Williams who is an excellent defender, Renaldo Balkman who as we all remember is a good hustle player who rebounds and plays defense.

We've improved in the following areas roster-wise:

Rebounding (Melo, Balkman, Williams are far better rebounders than Mozgov/Gallo/Chandler/etc.)
Defense (Williams and Balkman are good defenders, Billups is a far better defender than Felton)
Leadership (Billups as a floor general is far superior to Felton, he's playoff-tested).

We've stayed constant in the following areas:

3-point shooting (we lost Gallinari and Chandler and Felton, but we picked up Billups who is far better at shooting the 3, so it's not TOTALLY lost).

We've definitely improved on offense even without as much 3-point shooting, though.

PG - IMPROVE (Billups > Felton)
SG - SAME (Fields = Fields)
SF - IMPROVE (Melo > Gallinari)
PF - SAME (Amar'e = Amar'e)
C - SAME (Turiaf = Turiaf)

Backup G - SAME (Toney Douglas)
Backup F - WORSE (Chandler >> Balkman)
Backup C - WORSE (Mozgov >>> Barron...but is he better than Shelden Williams? Williams is undersized but STRONG...)

Good write up SSJ! I agree w everything.. :gony:

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
Most underrated player of the trade...Sheldon Williams. Big body, averaging close to 6 boards a game. Combined with him, barron and turiaf, i think thats a formidable front line with the STUDS we have at the other 4 positions

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah Brewer's not bad on defense.

We swapped out our starters for Carmelo and a bunch of solid roleplayers who are good at defense and rebounding.

I bet the secondary pieces of the trade will be underrated...

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
Yeah Brewer's not bad on defense.

We swapped out our starters for Carmelo and a bunch of solid roleplayers who are good at defense and rebounding.

I bet the secondary pieces of the trade will be underrated...
yeah but everyone is complaining lets just see how this trade plays out.. to be honest I dont think we are done though because the deadline is on Thursday and I think we will make small moves to fill in the blanks or sign someone to replace him the GOV

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Don't let the negativity get you down. Enjoy this la2ny..

I'm really lookin foward to Wednesday!!

Rona u a big Galo fan/supporter, atleast well see em on the Nets.
Glad to see you happy about the trade.
THIS SHYT IS BLOCKBUSTER. We got some nice additions man im happy.

LEGOOOOOO NY

la2ny

Starter
Throw in we are going to sign Earl Barron and we possibly can trade Walker, Rautins, Mason for someone hey by Thurs. this deal won't have anyone complaining no more lol.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

Seriously, I was kinda mad when I heard that they gave up so much but **** THAT SHIT!

We're the NEW YORK ****ING KNICKS, and NOBODY is going to **** WITH US ANY LONGER!

Now begins the era of the Knicks going to other arenas ans RUINING OTHER PEOPLE'S SHIT.

Gone are the days where the Garden is irrelevant. Gone are the days of the "lol marbs". Gone are the days where the Knicks have to look over at their rival city of Boston and just watch them dance happily to a championship.

The Knicks are BACK, boys, and we're gonna TEAR THAT SHIT UP