Trade Lee and Nate

LeFlume

All Star
I'd prefer if he wasn't part of the master plan unless he's really willing to play an appointed role and not be such a black hole.

For the meantime I'm happy for him to keep chucking up shots and inflate his ppg in the hope he'll be wanted by a team with something good to offer or be incorporated in a Jeffries trade.

I agree. He was a solid 6th man for Indiana. Even won the 6th man award one year if I'm not mistaken. He knew his place and had strong leaders around him and he did well.

He is having a career year as far as offensive numbers but his FG% is one of his worst. What does that tell us? That he is selfish? maybe so, he knows he won't be around come 2010. He is fighting for his survival as an NBA player, putting up numbers and make enough noise that someone would hire him. He's been around for 10 years and his next contract might be his last. Better do what he can to make sure his numbers get noticed.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I think that bottom line, We can really get ****ed over with the Lee trade if we're not careful.

This off-season is as critical to us as the next one.

Honestly, I can't think of who we'd pick up at the 5 spot unless we get someone via the draft.

I don't mind the idea of McGee from the Wiz. Promising & athletic 7 footer.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
it's pretty sad when there's only 2 or 3 (if that) players on the team that i think could/should be brought back next yr...we literally playin with a bunch of dudes that i see having no future / don't want back to this Knicks organization....I think if we can keep Harrington he'd be nice to have... seems like holding onto Chandler growing him would be smart...but other then that, i'm not crazy bout anyone....I think we can get a lot, though i'm not sure who, by trading players like Nate and Dlee this off season, but i just don't know who we'd want...we obviously right now don't have a winning team, no matter what coach we get..too many scrubs like Jefferies and Q...hopefully we can get a semi star this off season who we plan on keepin in exchange for a few players...clear them alll out is what i thik we should do...if we want to keep a Nate or Chandler or Gallo fine, but these guys just can't cut it the way they are...everything should be done keepin in mind next yr

Kiyaman

Legend
How good is the trade-value on Donnie Walsh ending-contract players Harrington, Mobley, Hughes, Duhon, and rookie Gallo this offseason to trade for other ending-contract players whom team dont want their services next season?
Yes, we will see alot of trades this offseason to the 2010 February deadline of ending-contract players. But....
Are any of Donnie Walsh players trade-value higher than Lee or Nate?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

paris401

Starter
it's pretty sad when there's only 2 or 3 (if that) players on the team that i think could/should be brought back next yr...we literally playin with a bunch of dudes that i see having no future / don't want back to this Knicks organization

true..true.true... does not bode well for 2010 when lebron/wade/etc are free.. without a solid core, i doubt any free agent will want to come to ny.. after-all $$$$ is not the reason anyone is coming to ny..

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Nate and DLee don't work / haven't worked as far as making us a winning team...cant just keep sittin around yr after yr hoping something is going to click and we'll win 35 game.. they ain't star or semi stars that can have teams formed around them..even if we do get a LeBron, i still at this point wouldnt mind seeing DLee and Nate both be traded...for who idk..but it just seems like they aren't worth what they'll likely be askin for, and while each have their pros when playin well, don't seem to cut it...if we could get a LeBron and another semi all star that's better then Dlee and Nate, then fine we keep em, but i think we need something new...if i had to guess at this point, i'd say either they both are goin, or Nate is going...i just don't think Dlee is good enough even with his 10 pts 10 rbs right now though

TunerAddict

Starter
Nate and DLee don't work / haven't worked as far as making us a winning team...cant just keep sittin around yr after yr hoping something is going to click and we'll win 35 game.. they ain't star or semi stars that can have teams formed around them..even if we do get a LeBron, i still at this point wouldnt mind seeing DLee and Nate both be traded...for who idk..but it just seems like they aren't worth what they'll likely be askin for, and while each have their pros when playin well, don't seem to cut it...if we could get a LeBron and another semi all star that's better then Dlee and Nate, then fine we keep em, but i think we need something new...if i had to guess at this point, i'd say either they both are goin, or Nate is going...i just don't think Dlee is good enough even with his 16 pts 12 rbs right now though

Fixed........

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I have bashed DLee all season long for his lack of defense intensity. He seems more worried about his double-doubles than a team win. But my concern is, if we let him go as as restricted free agent, how many games will we win next season? This guy hustles (on the offensive end like no other) but on the defense he's embarrassing to watch.

Nate is a head case! He just acts so unprofessional on the court that it rubs on opponents skin I belief. All the dancing and showboating reminds me of Jose Reyes of the Mets. Reason why teams play us so freaking hard.

Trade both of them, even the freaking draft pick! We need two superstars and a bunch of minor leaguers. This is NY after all, we need wins.

BTW, please trade Harrington asap. This guy is the most selfish player I have seen in a while. He shoots every time he touches the ball, thus reason he got shipped to us from GS. Harrington, YOU ARE NOT AN ALL STAR.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
As much as I love Nate and how NY he is, and fun to watch when he playin well, i don't think he's going to be stickin around after this season...certainly if we don't trade both Dlee and Nate i think Nate will be the one to go..as people have mentioned, between Nate and Dlee, Nate just isn't going to be the starting point we need on our team, as everyone knows...he's got a lot to grow on if he wants to be a starter, and i don't think the Knicks have time to hope that he grows into that position, especially with the money he'll be asking for...with luck hopefully we can trade him for a point guard who is capable of scoring and starting for us..As for Dlee, between him and Nate id say our team needs him more..obviosuly we need to get a new center, but i think Dlee can be a nice power forw. to have clean up boards and play next to a big center...i'm still leaning towards them both goin but we'll see...what ever we do, best scenario would be using them to both get rid of a contract like Curry/Jefferies, while getting someone we can use for long term and get used to as a Knick

ANU

Starter
so d lee told memphis he would never resign with the grizz, and the mayo to the knicks deal was off.**** him.

Blas

Benchwarmer
so d lee told memphis he would never resign with the grizz, and the mayo to the knicks deal was off.**** him.

That is not a good reason to hate on D Lee. If Memphis asked him if he would resign and he says no, he was being honest and I do not see the problem. Heck who wants to play for memphis anyway?

It isn't DLee's job to make himself marketable to be traded for a chance at a kobe/wade potential player. Last time I checked his job is just to play ball. It is Walsh's job to try and get Mayo, and who knows if he tried his best or did not.

ANU

Starter
That is not a good reason to hate on D Lee. If Memphis asked him if he would resign and he says no, he was being honest and I do not see the problem. Heck who wants to play for memphis anyway?

It isn't DLee's job to make himself marketable to be traded for a chance at a kobe/wade potential player. Last time I checked his job is just to play ball. It is Walsh's job to try and get Mayo, and who knows if he tried his best or did not.
i didn't say i hate him.i said **** him.two different things.

Bernard_King

Benchwarmer
I think both Lee & Robinson are products of the D'Antoni system. I think both are not worth a big contract and the Knicks brass should look to trade both to free up as much cap room as possible in 2010 and beyond.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I think both Lee & Robinson are products of the D'Antoni system. I think both are not worth a big contract and the Knicks brass should look to trade both to free up as much cap room as possible in 2010 and beyond.

We can't trade both players away unless you know for sure that you are getting some great talent back.I just think it would be a stupid move on our part to trade both when we don't even know if we will make a big splash in 2010.I don't thing James is coming and I don't think Wade is either!! Sure they're more talent out there but would they even consider coming to NY?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We can't trade both players away unless you know for sure that you are getting some great talent back.I just think it would be a stupid move on our part to trade both when we don't even know if we will make a big splash in 2010.I don't thing James is coming and I don't think Wade is either!! Sure they're more talent out there but would they even consider coming to NY?
They would consider it, but only if we have something to show for them on the rest of the roster. You're right, it has to be worth it. Particularly in Lee's case. You obviously don't want him to go, but as one of the league leaders in doubles, he's gone for good at the end of the season. Someone's gonna be wavin' Johnny Ca$h at his ass without question.

The good thing is that because it's a sign & trade, we may well get a good defensive, hopefully young, big man with a jump shot.

Harrington & Lee for Bosh...... Ohhhhh yeah.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
You obviously don't want him to go,

Yes im a Lee fan and yes I would like to see him stay here But that does'nt mean I would'nt trade him for a big time center that would help us become that contender that we wanted but he has to be able score,block and rebound.If that means helping us win then hell yeah I would trade him off.I think alot of posters on here think that im just a Lee fan and thats it well im not.I want nothing but the best for the Knicks b/c thats my team.Yes im a huge Dlee fan but if we could get a bigtime center then I would trade him in a heart beat just like I would every single player on the roster.