We Can Still Use the MLE!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Why are you so quick to have the Knicks go back over the cap? Lets slow it down a bit, make some moves and reassess at the deadline when Curry becomes trade bait. If we are to go over the cap it better be for really good players or short term deals. The worst thing would be signing mediocre, againg players like STAT and Johnson to long term deals and fuking our flexibility again for another 6 years.

Another thing people seem to forget. The free agents we sign will most likely have incremental annual salary increases. This will take away from next year's cap space. So, if we just let Curry's contract expire, we will not have cap space equal to Curry's contract. It will most likely be considerably less.

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
hey

2010: max contract- go for bosh (lebron and wade are staying put)
sign good supporting players (t. thomas,rudy gay,blake, outlaw, ect.)
accept s.rod and walkers extens.

players i could really see in 2010: bosh, thomas, gay, s. rod, walker, chandler, gallo, t. doug, outlaw and of course curry( whos not going anywhere until the trade deadline)
and add rudy fernandez even though the blazers wouldnt trade him hahaha

2011: with the money saved up go for melo

but one of the most important things of all...get a center!!!!!!! i would give gallo in a heartbeat for lopez

Last edited:
Question: Sergio has a $2.8mil qualifying offer this offseason. Does this mean we are obligated to pay him that $2.8mil if no other team signs him to an offer sheet? Or can we just let him go?

Kaizoku

Rookie
Question: Sergio has a $2.8mil qualifying offer this offseason. Does this mean we are obligated to pay him that $2.8mil if no other team signs him to an offer sheet? Or can we just let him go?
I'd assume you can withdraw the offer but i don't see Sergio leaving.