Which SG can we trade Wilson Chandler for?

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't buy a guy who can't handle the ball at all and who settles for jumpshots 90% of the time ever becoming an allstar unless he actually decides to make changes...

How many 6.8 or 6.9 players handle the ball well?
Chandler came into the league as a SF.....it was coach Dantoni who got u and others thinking that Chandler is a SG. b/c the best Walsh could do at getting us a SG was Roberson, Mobley, and Hughes.

If Dantoni get a brain he would use rookie Toney D. at the SG position the guy's defense is an offense.

I personally Think that Mike D recognizes that Chandler is not a 2 guard.

But the man is smart enough to realize at chandlers age, by playing him at the 2 guard, makes him a mismatch waiting to happen against the rest of the leagues 3s and 4s.

Imagine this

Chandler a 6 8 225 3 slash 4. improving his handle at the 2 guard position.

Then in a few yrs moving back to his natural position.

He would be shotting all over the 3s and 4s who try to keep up on him.

I get the method that is Mike D's madness and

truth b told

I like it

......45-37......

Toons

is the Bo$$
we cant keep trading youth.

look at channing frye in phx. he would have been the perfect backup center /pf for us.
look what la did with ariza....
now u want to trade away chandler??

Kiyaman

Legend

look at channing frye in phx. he would have been the perfect backup center /pf for us.

Confirmed!
I could'nt have said it better.....than an outlook at Portland and Orlando the past 5 years.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I think the point is more about a logjam at certain positions. Chandler can't play SG and Gallo can't play PF. We have a desperate need for PG, SG and C. Players are going to have to be moved in order to acquire those needs.

You could also say Lee is expendable if our intentions are to get Lebron. Lebron would likely play PF in D'Antoni's system. Lee should not play C. So what do we do with Lee?

We can't have a team filled with SFs and PFs with no PG, SG or C. Regardless if they are young talent or not. We are rebuilding and sometimes giving up youth to fill other needs is neccessary.

why cant we have a team filled with sf's and pfs.
MOst winning teams are filled with those positions.

I really dont get that.

We have allllll on this website been digging way to deep to find our faults, meanwhile our only fault is that we are

ONE

superstar player away from being a 50 win team with the players we have now.

U add any top ten player in the league

Roy
Dirk
Parker
Paul
Wade
Lebron
Kobe
Howard
Duncan
Healthy Yao
D Will

I promise you we are in the easter conference finals every year no matter who we have at the 2 guard

Take all the best teams for instance

you eliminate their star and then you say

Ohhh we need to improve at the PF position Anderson verajo sucks
Ohhh we need more youth in the back court, Derek Fisher is like 35
Ohhh we need more low post rebounding, Rashard lewis is weak at the power forward spot
Ohhh We have way too many players in the same position, marion and howard cant play the same spot and share the ball
Ohhh we need a legit 2 guard, martell webster and fernandez are good but how do we expect to get past the lakers with these guys
Ohh we need a point guard, Ronnie price r u kidding me ?
Ohhh In the west we cant win with Landry and Luis scola at center for us, they get killed down low all game.

I think you get my point

Superstars are paid big bucks for a reason

WE really dont have that many flaws on our team

I think our defense has already vastly and i mean VASTTTLY improved
we have scores and guys who make plays all over the floor

We just dont have that ONE guy like every other winning team in the league.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We are talking about a kid that put in 32 mpg in 82 games averaging 14 pts, 5 rbd, and 2 ast, in (practically) his first season in the NBA.
The topper of it all is.....this preseason he looks fit to improve in every area from last season stats plus add some steals and blocks this season.

I would like a trade for Rudy with Gallo

Just curious, what part of Chandler's game stands out to you the most that makes you believe he is a future all-star?

I just don't see anything that stands out. Defense is his best attribute but I wouldn't call him a lock down defender. He's also very athletic but he doesn't use that much to his advantage. Everything else is just mediocre.

Another thing. Is there anything about Hill's game that makes anybody think he was worth the 8th pick in the draft? He looks like a late 1st rounder or 2nd rounder and career bench player to me. Waste of a pick. At least Gallo's potential and high IQ was evident. Hill has a low IQ, poor shooting and looks lost most of the time. We essentially drafted a taller and less energetic Balkman with the 8th pick.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
why cant we have a team filled with sf's and pfs.
MOst winning teams are filled with those positions.

I really dont get that.

Because those winning teams also have a PG, SG and C. We barely have serviceable players for those positions right now and won't have any of them filled next offseason.

New New York

Quiet Storm

1. We cant link any Isiah trade to our current regime.

2. I am suggesting trading youth for youth.

jpz17

Starter
I'm all for dealing Nate but Chandler not really. This team is solid. I wouldn't mess too much with it.

clumsy

Rotation player
I would give our whole Team for Anthony Randolph and Anthony Morrow. Chandler + Hill + a PG/SG

WHY this work.

GS Can get rid of Stephen Jax, and has a replacement for Anthony Randolph (albeit a huge step down from him). They have tons of depth at G, so they will probably ask for Toney Douglas cuz none of them really play D That well.

How this makes us a MUCH MUCH MUCH Better Team. Gallo now starts at SF this maybe a down grade with Gallo's injury proness. Anthony Randolph is the Shot Blocker we have been missing. His offensive game is raw tho despite his potential. Morrow can really shoot the lights out...I would also take Azubuike instead also czu he plays better D.

Either way we have a Set SG for years to come, and Set Defensive Presence with Randolph. If David Lee still tries to ask for too much money, anthony randolph is simply a better player than him. Defensive PG's are pretty easy to find....3/5 positions would be set. SG, SF, PF.

Last edited:

clumsy

Rotation player
I would also give David Lee. Or anyone else they wanted and take back a bad contract for Anthony Randolph. Dude has superstar potential...Golden State is just retardedly not giving him the minutes.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
Dumb thread. Why would we trade Wilson Chandler? The guy is playing great and Dantoni and Walsh likes him. Gallo and Chandler the same?! Hahahahaha. Since when does Gallo attack the basket like Wilson? When does Gallo play defense like Wilson? I have no idea what some people here are thinking. They just come up w/ stupid ideas of trade this, trade that, rumor this, rumor that, we should get him blah blah blah. Stick to what we have now and stop fantasizing about dumb trades that won't happen. This aint NBA 2k10.

http://www.seattlepi.com/scorecard/nbanews.asp?articleID=266623

Gallo and Wilson = Knicks for a looooong time.

Kiyaman

Legend
Brook Lopez and Terrence Williams are the real deal

Duhon was a great pickup last season.....but when u add C-Brook & SG-Terrence with him to go alongside of Nate, Chandler, and Lee, silly threads like this would not be put up on the board.

Those were two obvious draft picks (Brook Lopez & Terrence Williams) we were supposed to have for a 2010 plan. The 2010 plan relied on trading Zach's $17M, Curry's $11M, and Crawful's $9M, for shorter contracts. So if your number one plan is to trade those players contracts for the 2010 plan. And some how luck was on your side to be able to replace those players with just two rookie contracts in "Lopez & Terrence", outstanding would be considered an understatement.

And for all the Gallo-Fans......the same way we spent money to steal Toney Douglas out of the draft we could've spent cheaper in buying coach Dantoni's nephew b/c late picks were being sold for $1M in that draft, and not one NBA team was going to take a chance on drafting a 18 year old product from Italy that refuse to go to any pre draft camp. Plus Gallo refusal or back injury would have ahd the next team begging us to take him off their hands.

JayJ44

Starter
And for all the Gallo-Fans......the same way we spent money to steal Toney Douglas out of the draft we could've spent cheaper in buying coach Dantoni's nephew b/c late picks were being sold for $1M in that draft, and not one NBA team was going to take a chance on drafting a 18 year old product from Italy that refuse to go to any pre draft camp. Plus Gallo refusal or back injury would have ahd the next team begging us to take him off their hands.

You've been corrected on this so many times, it's not even funny anymore. Seriously, stop spewing the same nonsensical ignorance when it's been proven what you say has no basis in fact. Gallo was projected to go in the TOP 5. The Grizzlies wanted him, but was scared he would go to Memphis. The Nets were reported to have promised to take him at #10 if fell that far. We were lucky to be able to get him at 6. I'm not even sure why I'm even bothering writing this, because you'll probably continue to write the same crap.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer

I'm not a Gallinari fan, although I liked the pick, because I'm primarily a NEW YORK KNICKS fan, but your hate towards Dangtoni and Walsh makes you say crazy things. Like we could have paid 1mill for a pick and pick Gallinari with it. LLLLOOOOLLLL. ARE YOU SERIOUS. Second round picks cost 1mill and first round(not lottery)3mill but either way Gallinari was going to be taken in the lottery if not by us by someone else(nets?).

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2008-NBA-Draft-Report-Card-2956/

''New York Knicks

Picks: Danilo Gallinari (#6)

B

This is just a very subjective opinion on how we feel about Gallinari more than anything really. He’s a great talent with terrific intangibles and should prove to be a very solid building block in the very long rebuilding process that New York needs to go through. This is a guy no team is ever going to be disappointed to have on their roster, and there is very little question that he is going to find a way to be successful, in some capacity at least. We thought they should give a stronger look at Jerryd Bayless than they did, but they obviously disagreed. The Knicks did not guarantee they would draft him at 6th by the way—but the Nets did according to members of Gallinari’s camp.''

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
Wilson Chandler + Nate Robinson for Anthony Morrow + Kelenna Azubuike?

Lineup-
PG- Duhon/Douglas
SG- Azubuike/Morrow
SF- Harrington/Gallo
PF- Lee/Hill
C- Jeffries/Darko

I think that if we were to trade Nate his salary becomes his Base Year Compensation which is around 2M so salaries would work. Azubuike can defend 3 positions and is a great 3pt shooter (44%). Morrow is possibly the best shooter in the league from deep (47% led the league last year). Both are hard workers and fit our system perfectly.

Kiyaman

Legend
You've been corrected on this so many times, it's not even funny anymore. Seriously, stop spewing the same nonsensical ignorance when it's been proven what you say has no basis in fact. Gallo was projected to go in the TOP 5. The Grizzlies wanted him, but was scared he would go to Memphis. The Nets were reported to have promised to take him at #10 if fell that far. We were lucky to be able to get him at 6. I'm not even sure why I'm even bothering writing this, because you'll probably continue to write the same crap.

Who cares when Gallo would've been selected we had the oportunity to select Brook Lopez.....remember the 2010 plan dont work if we cant get rid of either Zach or Curry contracts.
Gallo is not a low post threat like Curry or a 20-10 threat like Zach.
But Brook Lopez is a double-double threat plus a shot-blocker...

JayJ44

Starter
Who cares when Gallo would've been selected we had the oportunity to select Brook Lopez.....remember the 2010 plan dont work if we cant get rid of either Zach or Curry contracts.
Gallo is not a low post threat like Curry or a 20-10 threat like Zach.
But Brook Lopez is a double-double threat plus a shot-blocker...

Dude, wtf are you talking about? You were just saying we could have bought a late 1st round pick to get Gallo when that's obviously not true. Why are you comparing Gallo to Curry and Zach? Wtf does that have to do with anything? Just for shits and giggles, let's compare them. Curry and Zach both play no defense and are blackholes on offense. They are detriment to team chemistry don't help any team they are on. Gallo on the other hand is a solid defender, a good passer, and helps team chemistry. Ask any GM in the league, they would MUCH rather have Gallo on their team than either of them. Still not sure why we're comparing them though.

As for Brook Lopez, I don't see why so many people wanted him. He's a good player, solid center. But he doesn't fit in this system, he's a half court kind of player. Besides, Gallo's skill set and combination of size, shooting, slashing, passing, and playmaking are a lot more intriguing. A player like Gallo doesn't come around very often, but there will be plenty of players like Lopez around the league.

But seriously, why do you feel the need to start going off on weird tangents that have nothing to do with anything? I honestly have no idea what you're talking about most of the time.