who should the knicks pick up?

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
hometheaterguy said:
What he doesn't do, whereas Stockton, Kidd, Price, Johnson and I will go as far to say Marc Jackson, when he was a Knick, did was run an offense proficiantly and elevate the play of their teammates. Stockton had Malone, Price had Nance, Jackson had Ewing, Johnson had Jabaar, Kidd has had variuos marginal to very good players surrounding him and Marbury has played with guys that will Hall of Famers. Marbury has not achieved what these other guys have. When Marbury was with Garnett he wanted out because he felt that he wasn't getting enough shots...
Was Brown the wrong fit for this team, yes it now appears to be so. Is that Brown's fault? No, it is Isiah's fault for bringing in a coach that has a system that conflicts with the type of players that he was getting. Marbury could have been the link between the coach and the rest of the team but instead, Marbury was Marbury. Worrying about himself and not the good of the team. The perfect example for this is what he did to KVH. If Marbury cared about the fate of the Knicks, he wouldn't have run KVH out of town when the Knicks were finally starting to gel and put together a string of wins and were really starting to look strong. No, instead he leaned on isiah and Isiah being the worm he is, caved in and got rid of KVH... Here we are today.

some people will never get it. mark jackson? he was nicknamed the turtle. its 2006 the tempo of the nba has picked up. were not in the 80's anymore guy. marbury wanted out of minny not because he wasnt gettin enough shots. they were personal reasons that were his desicion. he didnt like the fact of not being around his family. he hated all the snow. i think there may have been more to it. i dont think he liked the fact of kg having more say than he did. he thought him n garnett were equal which is understanding since kg needed marbury just to get into the playoffs. it may have also had to do with $$$. he knew since kg was the captain of the team he would be paid bundles to stay. maybe he thought that would effect his contract. so w/e he moved back to the east.

the whole larry brown thing, im gettin sick of discussing. ur gettin 50 million dollars to help utilize the talent we have into a winning squad. larry didnt even attempt to do that. he cared more about what the papers thought of him. he cared more about his reputation then the good of team. larry is gone and anyone who paid attention to last season knows thats a good thing. so we can stop with the pointing the fingers bullsh*t.

KVH. i cant believe u think we would be contenders if we still had that bum. the guy only gets 10 minutes a game in dallas (if hes lucky) for a reason. hes not that good. us getting rid of KVH eventually led to us getting eddy curry which in my eyes is a great thing.

we got a good 3 months b4 next season. and were all still bickering like little kids about whos to blaim. whats done is done. imma start another thread to see who has faith in isiah and marbury and who thinks we shoulda stuck with LB and his system. the only way we'll see whos right is @ the end of next season...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
again...you are comparing true point guards to starbury. Starbury is a combo guard. Please don't compare starbury to pure point guards because guess what....the pure point guards are going to be a better fit at the PG position than marbury. Lebron James, Gilbert Arenas, Allen Iverson, Stephon Marbury, and Steve Francis all belong in the same category because they score and pass. You can put them at the 1 or 2. Not only are they athletically superior than the avg guard but their court vision is exceptional. hometheaterguy, you compare starbury with all of these past great PG but starbury never had the chemistry nor the talent for a equal counterpart other than KG. No, starbury didn't leave minnesota because he didn't get enough shots. You are wrong. He left because he couldn't spread his wings and he was in the shadow of KG. Besides he was 19 years old when he made that misake. We have all made mistakes so don't put that on him. I'm sure he would take that back in a heartbeat. Another thing you have to realize was that KG was still leading that team hands down. Starbury was riding beside him at best...KG was still getting all the credit while starbury was the lower sidekick. In all the duos you named were looked to as equal talented counterparts. KG and starbury at the time was just a duo with KG in bright lights with starbury in little lights on the side. Starbury took a gamble at a young age and he's made alot of money and he's gotten his exposure. But the sucess isn't there but like I said a million times and somebody wasn't listening....winning is a team problem! You can't put all the blame on starbury on any of those situations. Jason kidd has a good team, Magic Johnson had a good team, and Mark Jackson had a good team. Somebody give me a team in which starbury played for and they were playoff ready? I'll answer this one for you cuz it's easy...none of the teams. And I agree with finesse, starbury destroys kidd everytime they matchup against each other...notice I use the word matchup because on defense starbury usually guards kidd but nope not the other way around. Kidd never guards marbury because they know it'll blow up in front of their face. As for Nash, Nash can afford to pass it to his better offensive players because he is not the best option on his team! One obvious mistake was that he didn't give tim thomas the ball enough when he was blowing up Dirk in the playoffs. Again you are comparing a pure PG to a combo guard...not much of an arguement there. But no...steve nash is not a better offensive player than starbury. Not only can nash penetrate and get his shot off at the sametime he's not strong enough nor quick enough to get past quicker or stronger defenders. The reason why devin harris gave him problems. You can't tell me one defender that has shut starbury down. Also hometheaterguy, you have a lot of consipiracy theories but no facts or proof...again how can we argue if you give us ur opinion without facts. This is when I say, GAME OVER

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I never said KVH was the savior of the Knicks. I was saying that there was a winning combo that was working and Marbury didn't care that the team was actually wining. I know Marbury is a combo guard, and that is the problem. Marbury can not carry a team like Gilbert or Wade can. Marbury is just not that talented. Also, I know the game has changed since the 80's I saw it change from the 70's and the 90's as well. That being said, Marbury still is not the super star that you guys think he is, that most NBA experts agree that he is not.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
dwyane wade could NOT carry an nba team on his own. he needed shaq, walker, white chocolate, payton, and zo to win that ring. if u take one of them out of the lineup i doubt it would have been possible to come back against dallas.

KVH we all know is no savior. i remember watching him when him and stephon were on the nets. he wasnt that good. yet when marbury played in nj KVH was the 2nd best player on the team. and that was the only team out of the 4 franchises hes played for that he never made the playoffs on.

and i think ur confusing an nba expert for a sports writer in the post. there's a big difference. nba experts like shaq, cylde frazier, kg, amare, and other superstars who have played with him know just how talented the guy is. its people like newspaper reporters who use him as a scape goat and give him a bad name thru the media. shaq has said he is the best offensive pg in the league. walt frazier has said numerous times during games that it is time for steph to take over the game he cant just lay back and be a role player. thats not what hes getting paid for.

watch some games this season and then tell me what u think...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Every superstar needs a supporting cast to win a ring. Like what sxmarbury516 said, Wade would not have won a championship without shaq specifically and the other role players. It's just a fact. I don't care if you watched basketball for 200 years...age and the duration of watching the game is not synonymous with the knowledge of the game. I really can't argue from what you say because unless you played with starbury or you're in the locker room with him...you can't say that he didn't care for keith van horn. You have no facts or reason. And if he didn't care for his team winning then why did he say that he would do anything to make this team win?? He sacrifced his whole season for this team! Do you really think he averages 16 points a game and 6 assists because he thinks it's great? Marbury is better and smarter than you think. You can't average 20+ points and 8+ assts a game and not be a superstar. Come on now...let's keep this thing reasonable and not biased. If you don't like the guy then that's not my problem but if your opinion is tainted cuz you don't like him then that's a different story

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
and as much as dwyane wade couldnt carry a team the same goes for gilbert arenas. if it wasnt for players like jamison, butler, or antonio daniels then arenas would stuggle to get his team to the post season.

Finesse

Benchwarmer
Hometheaterguy
I got to go to work, so i don't have a lot of time. Let me just say this: marbury is NOT Stockton, Magic or the others you mentioned. I don't want him to be. I want him to be who he is: Marbury. He is still a stone killer. He still cannot be stopped. Nobody expected Vinnie Johnson to make his team better, he was there to Microwave you! That is the role Marbury is best suited for: setting you on fire! I t is not his fault he is expected to make his teammates better. We all know expectations come from other people and are hard to live up to.
Jay Kidd gets preferential treatment by the refs, so I expect him to have good games against a hated guy like Marbury. I am a Knick fan, Marbury is a Knick, period.

Allen

Benchwarmer
The problem is the Knicks are like the NBA's garbage dump.

We collect players with huge contracts no other team wants.

No wonder we can't get under the salary cap.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Fellas Fellas Fellas....Marbury is going to be a knick for a while so get over your crying. HE IS A KNICK. And if you're a true knick fan you support your team through the thick and thin...not bash them while they're down. So quit the crying, get over hating marbury, and support the man while he's here because believe it or not, love him or not, support him or not....he is one of the best offensive PG in the league if not THE best. Let's all overcome differences and be the knick fans (although some are not) that we are and support our team....

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
The 1 and Only said:
Every superstar needs a supporting cast to win a ring. Like what sxmarbury516 said, Wade would not have won a championship without shaq specifically and the other role players. It's just a fact. I don't care if you watched basketball for 200 years...age and the duration of watching the game is not synonymous with the knowledge of the game. I really can't argue from what you say because unless you played with starbury or you're in the locker room with him...you can't say that he didn't care for keith van horn. You have no facts or reason. And if he didn't care for his team winning then why did he say that he would do anything to make this team win?? He sacrifced his whole season for this team! Do you really think he averages 16 points a game and 6 assists because he thinks it's great? Marbury is better and smarter than you think. You can't average 20+ points and 8+ assts a game and not be a superstar. Come on now...let's keep this thing reasonable and not biased. If you don't like the guy then that's not my problem but if your opinion is tainted cuz you don't like him then that's a different story

Marbury has had talent surrounding him on every team he has played for. The problem is HE wants to be the guy taking all the shots and controlling the game despite what coaches want! If he was on the same team with MJ at his prime, Marbury would still kepp the ball and take all the shots. He does not care about anyone but himself and that is why NO team will win with him on it. That being said, yes he is talented but if he was 6 inches taller, he would be evey teams desire. WHat makes a team win is when you have that works together as a team. The Knicks have all guys that want to pad their stats. I also agree that the Knicks problems go beyond Marbury. That is where Isiah is to blame! He needs to asseble a more cohesive team.

Finesse

Benchwarmer
Ok, so there are some Knick fans in here, that's good to see. And remeber, the draft pick we gave up this year will turn into-who? There's no clear-cut #1, and 2 through 29 look shady. I like who we got for that pick. And all this talk about having too many guys at one position, I remember the Mavericks had that same problem and they some parlayed that into a Finals appearance. We've got Jalen Rose, Steve Francis, Marbury, and Crawford. Somebody some where needs one of those guys to complement their other players. If Dallas can do it, so can we. If you have too many quarters and I have too many singles and need some quarters, I think we can work something out, yeah?
Bottom line, guys, we have a young, talented team, let's try to support them instead of tearing them down.

Finesse

Benchwarmer
Now, if Marbury isn't the go to guy on the Knicks, who is? Eddy Curry could be, but a rebound every now and then would be nice. Stevie Franchise passes like everybody in the stands has on Knick jerseys. If Jamal Crawford pulls up at the foul line on another fast break, I'm gonna hang myself! Nobody on this team can do it night in and night out like Steph, give it up for him!

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
in 10 years hes avg'd 16.5 shots a game. what game r u watchin where he "shoots all the shots". hometheatreguy be a lil more orignal with ur posts because the same thing is being said over and over. and its even worse when its not true.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
eddy curry i think was well worth the draft pick. we needed a center in the worst way. he will develop into a great big man. i have faith too that next year chicago wont wanna exchange draft picks.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
sxmarbury516 said:
in 10 years hes avg'd 16.5 shots a game. what game r u watchin where he "shoots all the shots". hometheatreguy be a lil more orignal with ur posts because the same thing is being said over and over. and its even worse when its not true.

You know, numbers aren't an exact reflection of someone's game. If I am repetative about how much a team suffers with Marbury, you guys are just as repetative about how great he is. Don't preach to me about this game! I have watched the Knicks probably since you were crapping you diapers, and by the look of your picture, that was like a year or two ago. Also, I happen to know someone who works within the NBA executive offices and he told me that NO GM would touch Marbury these days unless they gave back garbage contracts Every coach that he played for in the NBA has had the same complaint about Marbury. It's not his fault that he was given such a large contract, but it is on him that he can NOT carry the load, despite what he thinks of his own game! You guys say that he is used wrong, what the hell are you supposed to do with a 6'3" shooter? Other players with his size and game I would take over him in a heart beat are:
Gilber Arenas
Dwane Wade
Hindrich
Tony Parker

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
It's ok do like one player or not like a player but the bottom line is Marbury ant going any where. It's a pointless argument. If you wanted to talk reasonable trades then cool but odds are because of his contract and right now he's not playing like a franchise player, he most likely will not be traded. Or at least not for "Equal Value". Back to on topic, Now's the time for Thomas to show and prove. He will pick up Al Harrington. I think we're are all sure of that. But who else will the Knicks trade for. I've been hoping for Rashard Lewis. But that probably ant going to happen. What do you guys think?

NYKnicks15

Starter
Honestly Chris, its one or the other. He wont go for both Harrington and Lewis. So pick your poison.. bad reference haha cause both players are great. BUT I think we should worry about securing Harrington ASAP. Especially if Isiah is trying to keep his job.

and now is the time to strike. Atlanta wants a PG so do it QUICK. With the rumors of Iverson busy goin to Boston. KG gettin talk about by Chicago the teams that look like they mite prevent us from getting Harrington are busy. so lets strike.. and lets do it NOW Isiah

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
donchris said:
It's ok do like one player or not like a player but the bottom line is Marbury ant going any where. It's a pointless argument. If you wanted to talk reasonable trades then cool but odds are because of his contract and right now he's not playing like a franchise player, he most likely will not be traded. Or at least not for "Equal Value". Back to on topic, Now's the time for Thomas to show and prove. He will pick up Al Harrington. I think we're are all sure of that. But who else will the Knicks trade for. I've been hoping for Rashard Lewis. But that probably ant going to happen. What do you guys think?

When Brown was the coach and Lewis was brought up I said it would not be a good match but now that Isiah is going to coach, Lewis would fit and be a nice player to add. Just not sure who Seattle would want in the trade.