Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Toronto Raptors (2014/12/14)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

TOR.gif
AT.png
NYK.gif

(17-6) (5-20)

VenueTVTIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NYMSG7:30 PM EST

Possible starters:

terrence_ross.png
quincy_acy.png

amir_johnson.png
carmelo_anthony.png

jonas_valanciunas.png
amare_stoudemire.png

landry_fields.png
jose_calderon.png

kyle_lowry.png
iman_shumpert.png

Injury Report

New York Knicks
Toronto Raptors
Iman Shumpert -Dislocated Left Shoulder (OUT)DeMarr DeRozan - Torn left adductor longus tendon (OUT)
JR Smith - Sore Left Heel (QUEST)-
Cleanthony Early - Injured Right Knee (OUT)-
Andrea Bargnani - Strained Right Calf (OUT)-

Today in Knicks history
97284471.jpg

December 12, 2010Allan Houston tallies 39 points, including a go-ahead jumper with :18.1 left, leading the Knicks to a 89-87 win over Washington at the Garden. Houston passes Richie Guerin for fifth place on the Knicks? all-time scoring list (10,392).

Recent meetings
April 14, 2014In the last game of the season, New York ended on a winning note as the Knicks defeated the Toronto Raptors 95-92 at the Air Canada Centre. J.R. Smith led the way with 30 points on 13-19 shooting, four rebounds and five steals. Tim Hardaway Jr. posted 18 points, two rebounds, and two assists. Tour?e Murray added 15 points. Kyle Lowry led the Raptors with 22 points and five assists. Greivis Vasquez posted 13 points and five assists.
April 11, 2014In a must win game, New York came up big as Carmelo Anthony and Amar?e Stoudemire fueled the Knicks to a 108-100 victory over the Toronto Raptors at the Air Canada Centre. Anthony led the Knicks with 30 points and eight rebounds over 39 minutes. Stoudemire, in his best game of the season, posted a season high 24 points and 11 rebounds over a season best 40 minutes. J.R. Smith added 15 points. Toronto was paced by DeMar DeRozan?s 26 points, five rebounds and five assists over 43 minutes. Kyle Lowry recorded 25 points and two assists over 39 minutes.

Thanks for the great game thread. In our house, Raptors without DeRozan, no reason we can't win this game. Let's go Knicks!

Nevermind, JR is out tonight. THJ gets the start and has a huge 1st quarter with 9 points, but also picks up 2 fouls. Have to question THJ's basketball IQ letting himself get into early foul trouble on a night like this.

Toronto's ball movement is a joke, but they have endless shooters on their roster. Our ball movement is superb, but our guys don't knock down the shots. Our problem is not the system, our problem is our roster.

Repeatedly, their guys have gone JR Smithesque with isolation moves and fall away deep jumpers over outstretched hands, they just happen to hit their shots. Nothing about this Toronto team screams winner. Eastern conference is just trash right now.

jimkcchief88

All Star
One more league pass game for me so Go Knicks...JR. Didn't look to upset to not play um um um:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimkcchief88

All Star
The only thing whiter than our home uniforms is our unit on the floor....Smith, Ware, Prigs, Larkin.... Who's gonna score for us?????

Raptors defense has had no answers for our ball movement, we just continue to struggle in knocking down the open shots. Could easily be winning this game by a much bigger lead.

I don't care how good he is, I'm glad we didn't trade for Lowry. That flop he just pulled late here in the 2nd quarter is an embarrassment. Even Lebron would be shaking his head at that.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Nice end to the half....after THJ comes down and turns the ball over and prigs takes an ill advised 3...This team has low hoops IQ and that has nothing to do with Melo as he was on the bench...you can't fix stupid on Chief

mafra

Legend
I don't care how good he is, I'm glad we didn't trade for Lowry. That flop he just pulled late here in the 2nd quarter is an embarrassment. Even Lebron would be shaking his head at that.

If we deal for Lowry last season, instead of Bargnani, we might have made the Conf Finals... maybe even beat the HEAT. Anyway...

Did we just shoot 19 free throws in the 1st half! Woah... And a great play to end the half.

Watch Knicks win 15 of next 20 then turn around and lose 20 of final 30 after that.

If we deal for Lowry last season, instead of Bargnani, we might have made the Conf Finals... maybe even beat the HEAT. Anyway...

Did we just shoot 19 free throws in the 1st half! Woah... And a great play to end the half.

Watch Knicks win 15 of next 20 then turn around and lose 20 of final 30 after that.

I'm being tongue in cheek about Lowry. Although, I mean, don't get me wrong, trading for Bargnani has really just been great, really great, where we would be without that stellar move?

Can't explain all the free throws other than THJ got to the line like crazy in the 1st quarter.

mafra

Legend
I'm being tongue in cheek about Lowry. Although, I mean, don't get me wrong, trading for Bargnani has really just been great, really great, where we would be without that stellar move?

Can't explain all the free throws other than THJ got to the line like crazy in the 1st quarter.

Hornets are shopping Lance S. HIs deal only guaranteed this and next year. Would you swap Bargnani and Shumpert for Lance?

Hornets are shopping Lance S. HIs deal only guaranteed this and next year. Would you swap Bargnani and Shumpert for Lance?

Depends. If I still thought we had a chance at a big free agent this coming offseason, I'd stand pat, but since I no longer think that we do, Stephenson may be worth the gamble. Not sure I would take that deal if I was the Hornets though

Kiyaman

Legend

Lowry knew his career would drop below sea-level on Dolan Knicks.
Last season, Lowry started the season wanting to be traded out of Toronto Canada.
Lowry did a quick-fast change of performance when his name showed up in news papers sports rumors of being traded to the Knicks.
Young star players like getting the big $$$ .. but not when it comes to being a Dolan Knicks for the big $$$

The Knicks have to learn how to run, and speed up their slow temple game.
The Knicks should've ran the 3rd qtr., to start the 4th qtr with a 10 pt lead.
They slowed the ball down to be down by 5 entering the 4th qtr.