Game Thread: Phoenix Suns @ NY Knicks Friday Jan. 29 7:30PM

tiger0330

Legend
Chicago Bull triangle offense on that layup By Lopez, ball never touched the floor on those twp passes after the rebound on the other end.

Can't ask for a much better start than this. We're up 18 - 4 after the first 6 minutes of the game. What a difference having your best players back and the other team missing some of their guys instead can make.

tiger0330

Legend
The Suns have a guy in game now Jordan McRae that set a D-League record scoring 61 pts. I'm sure finestrg knows something about him.

Almost 10 minutes into the game and we lead 24 - 6. Not sure I have seen us dominate a game this much, this early in a very long time.

Wow, just pathetic last 2 minutes of the 1st quarter played by our 2nd unit to let the Suns get the lead built by our starters almost cut in half. It was so bad, it almost looked like our guys started to point shave.

Kiyaman

Legend
KP6 just hit a shot in the area where he should be scoring from a lot in the first half of the game .. inside 20 feet from basket

Kiyaman

Legend
Gallo should've been our starter 20 something games ago
I notice we need Sasha veteran experience and hustle energy for our younger players .. Afflalo is not a good role model for our younger players

Gallo should've been our starter 20 something games ago
I notice we need Sasha veteran experience and hustle energy for our younger players .. Afflalo is not a good role model for our younger players

The more I think about it, the more I can't understand how Galloway doesn't start for us. He is far and away our best backcourt defender, he doesn't turn the ball over, and he can knock down three pointers. Not much more he could do for us to earn that spot.

Nice 2nd quarter including a Vujacic buzzer beater 3 to end the half. Melo finishes the first half with 13 points, 6 boards, and 6 assists. Now, he just needs to keep that knee healthy.

Kiyaman

Legend
I hope Afflalo is watching Sasha on how to take the last shot of a quarter ..
Melo not taking the last shot show Melo is actually changing into a team player

mafra

Legend
Melo with 13-6-6 & 3 steals at half (4-9 shooting)... No wonder why we are winless w/out him in the lineup

tiger0330

Legend
Machine with a last second 3 pt. heave of about 28 ft makes it and the Knicks go into the locker room up 58-40. I'd like to know what happened to that 9-10 man rotation Fish was using in that good stretch of play a couple of weeks ago. He had one of hhose crazy lineups in a the end of the first and the Suns managed to cut the Knick lead in half.

tiger0330

Legend
The more I think about it, the more I can't understand how Galloway doesn't start for us. He is far and away our best backcourt defender, he doesn't turn the ball over, and he can knock down three pointers. Not much more he could do for us to earn that spot.
That's what I said in the Toronto game thread, I was hoping we won that game with him running the show, that may have opened Fish eyes about starting him. Still I think he's going to get his chance here, JC is not a fast healer.

Kiyaman

Legend
Put back by KP6 .. 3 ball by Gallo .. 3 ball by Melo .. 3 ball by Gallo again .. I like having TWIN TOWERS on the court