Melo Trade Rumors

mafra

Legend
NYK motivated to make this happen; HOU GM is super aggressive and ultra creative.... I can't imagine this not happening....

Just a matter of what NYK will get in return or if CLE desperately swoops in at the last minute.

We're been hearing Melo to Houston is a done deal since Saturday night. I'll believe it when I see it. This is Mills and Dolan we're talking about. As far as we know, negotiations so far have just included a prolonged jazz sax solo.

and1

Rotation player
We're been hearing Melo to Houston is a done deal since Saturday night. I'll believe it when I see it. This is Mills and Dolan we're talking about. As far as we know, negotiations so far have just included a prolonged jazz sax solo.

jazz sax or kazoo?

mafra

Legend
Yahoo story:

Knicks star Carmelo Anthony is reportedly open to waiving his no-trade clause for the Rockets, and the teams are discussing a deal.

But will a New York-Houston trade actually happen?

Anthony apparently thinks so.

Ian Begley of ESPN:

I?m told that Carmelo feels pretty confident that a deal will get done at this point to Houston.

But the teams, to date, are nowhere near the finish line, because it?s so tough for the Knicks and Rockets to get a deal together one-to-one. So, it looks there?s going to have to be a third team involved. Probably Ryan Anderson is going to have moved off to that third team for this deal to happen.

I?m always skeptical of potential three-team trades held up by a mysterious third team taking a player nobody wants ? in this case, Ryan Anderson, who?s due $61,264,636 over the next three years. Anderson is an excellent long-range gunner for a power forward, but that?s a lot of money to pay the 29-year-old with extensive injury history and major defensive shortcomings.

Maybe the Rockets and Knicks will send sufficient sweeteners to get someone to take Anderson, but I sure don?t share Anthony?s optimism.

tiger0330

Legend
If a trade gets done I think it's going to be between the Rox and Knicks. Mills doesn't have the skill to pull off a 3 team trade esp when it's a bad contract like Ryno. Best deal the Knicks are going to get is Ryno and a 2020 first along with some filler contracts otherwise we keep Melo.

Kiyaman

Legend
My only problem with trading Melo are who will negotiate the trade?
Phil/Mills/Dolan are to dank silly n clueless to negotiate a trade that will send Melo to the Houston Rockets to enhance the Rockets to be the 2nd best winning team in the western conference.
The only thing the Knicks 3 fools (Phil/Mills/Dolan) has been good for are giving players ten times their talents worth in contracts, plus hiring puppet coaches to tank seasons.

Another thing bothers me bout the strong rumor of the Rockets wanting Melo in a trade ..
Rockets Head Coach Mike Dantoni resign from being the Knicks head coach because of Melo-Melo Iso-Melo!

mafra

Legend
I would prefer 1 more year of Melo vs 3 more years of Ryno. Not worth getting the 23rd pick in 2020.... now, if we get a young player or find a taker for Noah.... sure.

Guys, guys! We gave Ron Baker 8 times what he's worth! Imagine how bad this Melo trade is going to be! Imagine...how...bad!

Kiyaman

Legend
Guys, guys! We gave Ron Baker 8 times what he's worth! Imagine how bad this Melo trade is going to be! Imagine...how...bad!

Fools Gold! 2 yr $8.9M contract .. TANKING!
Fools Gold! 4 yr $71M contract .. TANKING!

With or without Melo ..
The Brooklyn Nets Russell / Lin / Carroll will get more wins then Baker / THJ / Melo /KP next season.

Carmelo 'confident' he will end up with Rockets ....

The Houston Rockets have reportedly turned their full attention toward finding a way to acquire Carmelo Anthony, and it sounds as if the New York Knicks star is willing to do what he can to make that happen.
ESPN’s Ian Begley said Monday that Anthony is “confident” he will be traded to the Rockets in the near future.
I really want to see Dantoni coach Melo next season

mafra

Legend
I think rumors abounding about Melo to HOU is more about the belief that NYK front office is clueless than hope that a third team gets involved.

The thinking nationally is that Mills is a clueless buffoon out of his league and thus HOU will swoop in and not only fleece NYK but also convince NYK to give HOU their best player AND take back HOU's worst contract as well.

This would be like NYK trading Noah to some team and get their best player back in return for that.

If you take desperation (wanting to get rid of Melo) and you toss in na?vet? (our brain trust) then you get the confidence that Melo is dealt to HOU.

Rockets believe NYK will hand them Melo for nothing and take back Ryno (a slightly better version of Novak).

I really hope this doesn't happen. I'm not sending Melo to HOU for Ryno and a 2020 1st.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Obviously the Tim Hardaway Jr. and Ron Baker deals are poison pill contracts, guys. A team is gonna be begging the Knicks to trade them to their team and we get a better and great deal in return.

mafra

Legend
Morey working the phones.... got to find a taker for Ryno, and probably Lee or Noah, then who has picks and where are they going. Who has a young player for NYK?

Keep an eye on PHO.... Bledsoe to NY and a Ryno and Lee to Suns? POR is an obvious option too.

tiger0330

Legend
Morey working the phones.... got to find a taker for Ryno, and probably Lee or Noah, then who has picks and where are they going. Who has a young player for NYK?

Keep an eye on PHO.... Bledsoe to NY and a Ryno and Lee to Suns? POR is an obvious option too.
Nice post, moving Anderson for the Rox is a must, Suns have cap space ~19M so I'm sure they're involved. Most teams would want a draft pick or players to facilitate this trade, Rockets don't have draft picks so maybe that 2020 pick has to go to the team that takes Ryno, so would the Knicks getting nothing besides cap space and perhaps a young player after trading Melo be worth it? I think a lot of people around here would say yes.

Involving 4 teams says other players are going to be moved, Houston has Ariza and Gordon, Knicks have Lee and Quinn. Maybe Bledsoe to the Knicks, that would address the vet PG need.

Last edited:

and1

Rotation player

bledsoe to ny would definitely solve our vet PG issue. if this happens... bye bye rondo.

Broadway

All Star
bledsoe to ny would definitely solve our vet PG issue. if this happens... bye bye rondo.

Rondo is not coming here, there is talk he'll settle on a team that has room exception to sign him. This trade is probably gonna end up ugly for us