Stephon Marbury is now the best point guard to ever play for the Celtics

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4996

whistle.gif

johnstarky

Rotation player
Stephon Marbury is going to make Celtics team the best NBA team ever.With Starbury they will probably be the first NBA team to have a 16-0 record in the playoffs.Imagine when he goes up against Kobe in the finals, he will put that arrogant Kobe Bryant in his place.I wonder if he's going to wear his Starbury sneakers during the Celtics championship parade.But who cares right now, if you're a Celtic fan this has to be the happiest day of your life.

Starks

Starter
lol. Come on man, let it go.

This stuff has no place on a Knicks site anymore.

Bob Cousy, Nate Archibil would roll in their graves, along with the city of Boston if this thread was ever heard outside this site

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lol. Come on man, let it go.

This stuff has no place on a Knicks site anymore.

Bob Cousy, Nate Archibil would roll in their graves, along with the city of Boston if this thread was ever heard outside this site

Marbury would break their ankles...but thats not what this thread is about. Check the link that i posted...looks like i gotta leave the site for 2 weeks :(

quiggle

Starter
Marbury would break their ankles...but thats not what this thread is about. Check the link that i posted...looks like i gotta leave the site for 2 weeks :(

take your leave in July or August, that way since it's slow you really won't miss much.

TunerAddict

Starter
Stephon Marbury is going to make Celtics team the best NBA team ever.With Starbury they will probably be the first NBA team to have a 16-0 record in the playoffs.Imagine when he goes up against Kobe in the finals, he will put that arrogant Kobe Bryant in his place.I wonder if he's going to wear his Starbury sneakers during the Celtics championship parade.But who cares right now, if you're a Celtic fan this has to be the happiest day of your life.

The 76ers with Moses Malone and Dr. J went 15-0 I believe...Same shit...They were undefeated in the playoffs.

And lol at this thread.

Bob Cousy > Stephon

Easily.

what is the matter with you guys, is this thread serious. so the celtics will sweep the magic, and the cavs ????? i would rather have delonte west or mo williams than marbury. who ever started this thread needs to come to columbia U and get their head examined by our mental health staff. I am sorry, but that notion is ridiculous. HE wont change anything for the celtics, honestly not a damn thing, he is just another addative to an already elite team, the celtics wont be better, nor worse, just dominant as they always have been. But they are not going to sweep the magic and the cavs, its just not practical.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Starbury will be missed, but I will definitely tune in to see him play as a Celtic. I don't like the Celtics, but Marbury is still one of my favorite players in the NBA.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Knicks are playin better now then they ever did w Marbury. All in all he didn't do much for us since he's been here..good to have that situation fully out the way now.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Knicks are playin better now then they ever did w Marbury. All in all he didn't do much for us since he's been here..good to have that situation fully out the way now.

Really?

The Knicks are currently in eleventh place in the Eastern Conference.

How is that better than any season of Marbury, when Marbury made the playoffs on the Knicks, with the 7th best record in the east?

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
only an idiot and someone who has no knowledge of this leagues would make a statement like that knowing bob cousey and tiny played in boston

the marbury stans on here are ridiculous

Kiyaman

Legend
The Best outstanding Combo-Guard that played for the Celtics at both positions PG and SG were 1979 MVP Championship Dennis Johnson.
Jojo White, Nate, and Cousy were great guards....but Dennis Johnson was just outstanding.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Stephon Marbury is an All Star. All Stars make teams better. Marbury will make the Celtics better. He could have made the Knicks better this year. The Knicks are only 3 wins out of the playoffs. Marbury could have given the Knicks the extra 3 wins.

quiggle

Starter
from Post's Vecsey

"The first time Stephon Marbury handled the ball as a Celtic demonstrated why D'Antoni made a massive mistake by erasing him from his rotation at the season's outset without giving him a chance; he dribbled left off a pick drawing an extra defender and found a cutter with a slick no-look bounce pass for a layup.
"Stephon ran the pick-and-roll with Keith Van Horn, who wouldn't role," e-mails column contributor Sam Lefkowtiz. "He ran it with Channing Frye, who knew very little about rolling. And he ran it with Michael Doleac, who could barely roll. Imagine what he would've done with David Lee in D'Antoni's system!"
Say what we want about Marbury, but D'Antoni and Donnie Walsh blew a flaxen opportunity to transform the certified contrarian (and his $20.8M expiring contract) into moderately desirable goods . . . rather than settling for a penny ante buyout following the trade deadline."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0301200...ors_leading_league_in_takin_157451.htm?page=2

jimkcchief88

All Star
The Best outstanding Combo-Guard that played for the Celtics at both positions PG and SG were 1979 MVP Championship Dennis Johnson.
Jojo White, Nate, and Cousy were great guards....but Dennis Johnson was just outstanding.

DJ was the best guard I ever saw play for the Celts. To compare Steph in a backup role to any of the Celtic great point guards is laughable. It shows a lack of knowing about the NBA and its history. So again the question begs to be asked: Are you Starbury fans or KNICK fans???