Stephon Marbury is now the best point guard to ever play for the Celtics

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
C'mon now fellas, lets chill with the old school bias's

None of them oldtimers would be what they were back then in todays game

magic johnson = boris diaw
larry bird = kapono
Wilt Chamberlain = Greg Oden
Michael Jordan = Vince Carter (current Vince, prime Vince >>)
Oscar Robertson = Jason Kidd (current Kidd, prime Kidd >>)
Charles Barkely = luc mbah a moute

Players like Havlicek and Cousy wouldnt even play in the D league.

Marbury is easily the best point guard to ever play for the Celtics.

I hope for your sake you are just trying to get attention with this because if you believe any of that you must be smoking dust...

MJ in his prime would easily be the best player in the NBA now and it would not be close. He was the best at everything, scoring, defense, passing, good rebounder and more clutch than any player in any sport. As much as I hated how he killed the Knicks I got nuff respect for MJ.

lol Carter in prime >>>>than MJ!!.....Cousy in the D League and Magic= Diaw!!! Wow! Just wow!

Can somebody revoke his account please...lol

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Stephon Marbury is an All Star. All Stars make teams better. Marbury will make the Celtics better. He could have made the Knicks better this year. The Knicks are only 3 wins out of the playoffs. Marbury could have given the Knicks the extra 3 wins.

Yes he is a all star but I have a hard time believing that he could make teams better when we all know he has yet to do that.He played decent with Minn but did'nt improve them then he went to the Nets and did'nt improve them.Well he then went on to the Suns and was a dissapointment then he came here and did'nt do a thing.I'll say it again yes he may be a all star but I have to disagree with you about him making other teams better b/c that is simply not true.

The Knicks have played alot better since he has left and that tells me that Marbury was half the problem on this team and why they was'nt working as a team.A point guard is suppose to lead his team on the court but all Marbury done cast a blacker cloud over the Knicks and that did'nt help this team at all.

TunerAddict

Starter
Marbury was a two time allstar....You can name A LOT of "garbage players," as you'd all call them, that somehow made the allstar team twice....

Shit, Marbury is one of the worst 2 time allstars on the list.....

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Marbury was a two time allstar....You can name A LOT of "garbage players," as you'd all call them, that somehow made the allstar team twice....

Shit, Marbury is one of the worst 2 time allstars on the list.....
Rik Smits, Big Z, Chris Gatling to name but 3 of probably 30 vegetable All Stars (vegetable's a bit harsh. Smits was pretty good but no All Star). Marbury was good when he was good. But, if you play in New Jersey with a pack of downers and inflate your stats, you get called a champ? It's ****ing sad. There's 20 pg's in the league I'd take before Mebury. The vast majority of every starter on each team. And yes, that is void of pregedous. He's just not that ****ing good.

And, to quote Charles Barkley, "He just doesn't get it". At all.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
There's a difference between staying in shape, and being in basketball shape. Besides his timing and his shot is off, from not playing for so long. It's not healthy to be so happy about another person's troubles...
Yeah that's true. Point heard. You've always been the center of neutrality on this site JayJ & I've always respected that because your posts are all really good. I'm not so much enjoying Marbury's continued failure so much as NOT enjoying peoples deluded b.s.

You can't seriously be in agreement that Marbury is "the best pg to ever play for the celts" can you? You're a bit too sharp for that I can easily assume.

It's so clear that a small group of people on this site have manifested themselves into what they consider to be the "elite" here by vicariously using Marbury as a pawn to emphasize their short-comings. Ask any of them, they'll outrightly state they're the best here, with only eachother to lean on for support & reference. I have actually said before that YOU are the best poster on this site. Which still stands. Along with that Smokes kid. He's got a lot of game. When he ripped up Metro & had him on all fours it was classic.

That's what I don't like, the fact that they outrightly lick eachothers nethers & never surrender or admit to even a pinch of humility, even when they get sorely beaten.

The fact that they use Marbury as a statuette for it all really shits me as well. I honestly don't think any of them were ever great fans. It just turned into a shit fight on here when some people got picked on & they formed a band of back rubbers. Something no others even bothered to do btw.

This was an attempt to keep their banter alive. One last little stab in the dark with a blunt knife.

Pathetic.

Starks

Starter
Yeah that's true. Point heard. You've always been the center of neutrality on this site JayJ & I've always respected that because your posts are all really good. I'm not so much enjoying Marbury's continued failure so much as NOT enjoying peoples deluded b.s.

You can't seriously be in agreement that Marbury is "the best pg to ever play for the celts" can you? You're a bit too sharp for that I can easily assume.

It's so clear that a small group of people on this site have manifested themselves into what they consider to be the "elite" here by vicariously using Marbury as a pawn to emphasize their short-comings. Ask any of them, they'll outrightly state they're the best here, with only eachother to lean on for support & reference. I have actually said before that YOU are the best poster on this site. Which still stands. Along with that Smokes kid. He's got a lot of game. When he ripped up Metro & had him on all fours it was classic.

That's what I don't like, the fact that they outrightly lick eachothers nethers & never surrender or admit to even a pinch of humility, even when they get sorely beaten.

The fact that they use Marbury as a statuette for it all really shits me as well. I honestly don't think any of them were ever great fans. It just turned into a shit fight on here when some people got picked on & they formed a band of back rubbers. Something no others even bothered to do btw.

This was an attempt to keep their banter alive. One last little stab in the dark with a blunt knife.

Pathetic.

It's basic Pagan Idolatry. He's become the golden calf to some people

JayJ44

Starter

Pathetic.

Well, firstly, thank you very much for the compliments.

And I personally don't think Marbury is the best pg to play for the Celtics, and I don't think MSG does either. I think he just made that the title of this thread to show how people would get so pissed and overreact. It kinda worked...