Girl rips Jared Jeffries---CLASSIC

I believe we're having a miscommunication.Only reason why I ever said anything to you in the other thread was because I'm sick of this Brooklyn talk especially since it's not even finalized.

So whenever you get sick of someone discussing the possible future of the team that they're a fan of, you call yourself a fan of their team? That makes sense!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I could understand a person rooting for another team, but for a person to be a fan of more than one NBA team doesn't make a lot of sense.

How so?

Knicks - My dad was Knicks fan since the beginning so I grew up a fan.

Nets - I was born in New Jersey and lived here all my life.

Hornets - Was a fan since I was kid and my favorite player is Muggsy Bogues.

Here's an example.I'm a wrestling fan.Forget that it's scripted, are you saying it doesn't make sense that I'm a fan of a lot of wrestlers?It's not like I'm a fan of almost every team in the NBA.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
So whenever you get sick of someone discussing the possible future of the team that they're a fan of, you call yourself a fan of their team? That makes sense!

The real fans show support no matter what.Personally moving to Newark is a big plus as it had more fans in attendance in the pre-season than some games in the regular season.Listen, maybe you are a real Nets fan, you seem to be, but New York belongs to the Knicks.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
You're still a child...lol @ how you value virginity like a little girl.
You make me laugh.

Hows queens chico?
Lol I try,
Only shit you come at me with what do you want me to do? Lol
As much as I would love to believe you I'm growing but should be getting a car soon :afro: so manhood cant be that bad right?

Queens, BEST borough bro what do you think? Hows the Bronx? Right?

How so?

Knicks - My dad was Knicks fan since the beginning so I grew up a fan.

Nets - I was born in New Jersey and lived here all my life.

Hornets - Was a fan since I was kid and my favorite player is Muggsy Bogues.

Here's an example.I'm a wrestling fan.Forget that it's scripted, are you saying it doesn't make sense that I'm a fan of a lot of wrestlers?It's not like I'm a fan of almost every team in the NBA.

Being polyamorous when it comes to NBA teams is impossible.A person cannot be a die hard fan of one team and another one at the same time.Either your heart bleeds for one team or you're just a casual fan of multiple teams.

You can't even compare rooting for individual wrestlers with rooting for NBA teams.In wrestling, the outcome of the matches are already written down on paper before the matches begin while in basketball the outcome of the games come right after the games are played.In wrestling, you root for the personalities of the characters, while in the NBA you root for the laundry worn by the players.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Being polyamorous when it comes to NBA teams is impossible.A person cannot be a die hard fan of one team and another one at the same time.Either your heart bleeds for one team or you're just a casual fan of multiple teams.

You can't even compare rooting for individual wrestlers with rooting for NBA teams.In wrestling, the outcome of the matches are already written down on paper before the matches begin while in basketball the outcome of the games come right after the games are played.In wrestling, you root for the personalities of the characters, while in the NBA you root for the laundry worn by the players to win.

It's not impossible since I am.I'm a bigger fan of the Knicks though.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
So you're basically saying that you are a die hard fan of the Knicks but root for other teams when they're not playing the Knicks?

What's wrong with liking other teams?Some people like teams for one player, some teams because of their cities, I just like other teams.Who is anyone to say that I can't?You're not as bad as the Raptors fan, but what you're saying makes no sense.

What's wrong with liking other teams?Some people like teams for one player, some teams because of their cities, I just like other teams.Who is anyone to say that I can't?You're not as bad as the Raptors fan, but what you're saying makes no sense.

Liking a team and hoping that the team wins is one thing but wholeheartedly rooting for a team is a completely different thing.Being a die hard fan of a team is like being in a serious relationship with a person, when you really love that team there just isn't any room in your heart to love another team equally.That's why, you're either very passionate about one team or you aren't that passionate about any team.I'm not saying that a person can't desire for other teams to have success while being a passionate fan of one team, but it seems impossible for a person to love 2 or more teams at the same time.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Liking a team and hoping that the team wins is one thing but wholeheartedly rooting for a team is completely different thing.Being a die hard fan of a team is like being in a serious relationship with a person, when you really love that team there just isn't any room in your heart to love another team equally.That's why, you're either very passionate about one team or you aren't that passionate about any team.I'm not saying that a person can't desire for other teams to have success while being a passionate fan of one team, but it seems impossible for a person to love 2 or more teams at the same time.

Well, then that makes it more clear.I'm more passionate about the Knicks.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Well, since Duhon is way below average at his position, I wouldn't have minded starting Douglas in his place...or starting Nate and giving TD some pt off the bench. It's all over now that we have Serg and House, but I'm just sayin...he should've benched duhon a long time ago and developed the young kid.

People might call me a D'antoni defender, but if he got canned I would understand why. But I feel that Mike is in a difficult position. The team sucked ass when he got it. They want to develop young players, yet they wantto make the playoffs, the team changes everyday, and no trades were made to compete, just to get cap space.

That is no place to coach right now. Now D'antoni is not upfront with his players, but i could care less about the players he had trouble communicating with......Nate? Hughes? Curry?

The main problem for the Knicks is consistency. A steady approach and a sound plan. Rome was not built in a day but for the past 6 years they were trying to do it in 5 minutes.

This is why I felt that firing Mike might be a bit premature right now. His defense is questionable.

But Doc Rivers had bad teams in Orlando and in Boston. Then KG comes through and Danny Ainge adds and defensive guru as an assitant coach and they dominated the NBA in 2008.

Sports is a delicate process. A little bit of success means a lot has to be going good for you. Right now nothing is going good for this franchise except that we are set up to finally have a consistent and steady direction.

The main problem for the Knicks is consistency. A steady approach and a sound plan. Rome was not built in a day but for the past 6 years they were trying to do it in 5 minutes.
quote]

I agree with that 100,000% and I've been saying it for YEARS. We NEVER let our team gel and give them time to build a chemistry. A lot of people don't agree with me, but I think that Jamal Crawford was the last guy to take on any sort of leadership role in NY. I hated that trade. We should've kept him and settled for enough cap space for 1 big name this summer.

Anyway, what's done is done.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
If this girl leaves because you guys are acting immature i'm going to hurt someone.

Hi, I'm Streetdreams. -face gets red- Nice to meet you. Are you a Yankees fan too?

And DUhon is quite possibly the worst starter in the NBA. IF Mike D fails at developing Sergio he needs to get his ass fired.

If this girl leaves because you guys are acting immature i'm going to hurt someone.

Hi, I'm Streetdreams. -face gets red- Nice to meet you. Are you a Yankees fan too?

And DUhon is quite possibly the worst starter in the NBA. IF Mike D fails at developing Sergio he needs to get his ass fired.

LOL. Nice to meet you but no, no, no...I'm Queens-bred...METS fan = )

johnstarky

Rotation player
maybe its so they can wear mets hats with Knicks shirts...not trying to be a wise ass, but just sayin thats a possibility since we got the same colors

That could be a possible reason, but aren't the colors of the Mets based on the colors of the Brooklyn Dodgers and NY baseball Giants? The Knicks came into existence 16 years before the Mets did.