How many games do you think the Knicks will win next season?

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Wait since when did I post in this thread lol

Lol sorry JPZ I couldn't resist, believe me I share your usual optimism and want the best, and actually could see 45 wins this year, but I was rolling with your repeated prediction last year of 45 wins

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
How are we the same as last year

-Felton is better than Duhon and Rodriguez
-Amare is better than Lee
-Azubuike is better than House
-Randolph and Turiaf are better than Giddens and Bender.
Plus add the fact that Chandler and Gallinari are going to improve. How are we the same team ????

Hear, hear!

Who's gone and has been replaced:

Lee is gone, replaced by Amar'e who's BETTER
Duhon and Sergio Rodriguez are gone - replaced by Felton who's MILES better
Sky Walker is way better than Larry Hughes and even T-Mac (outside of a couple of games, T-Mac was pretty awful).
Let's not forget the biggest one - NO MORE AL CHUCKINGTON and JARED JEFFRIES

And you STILL think that the teams are comparable in talent? If our team underperforms, that's one thing - they're young, after all - but to say that the talent level is close...no, it's not. Not even remotely.

miked1958

Rotation player
We'll start the season looking games cause the team is young and not used to each other. But i think after the all star break we would make our run into the 7 or 8th spot.
before all star break 15 wins
after all star break 25? guess that's around 40 wins

some teams got better like the bulls, but some got worse cavs, toronto etc. so we have a great chance of making to the playoffs... my prediction

Orlando
Miami
Boston
Chicago
Atlanta
Milwaukee
are locked for the 1-6 spots
Knicks, 6ers, Wizards, maybe cavs fighting for the last 2 spots
maybe knicks 6ers as 7 and 8
That puts us against miami =D

I will say we put up 44 wins good for 6th or 7th seed.. GO KNICKS

jzero29

Rotation player
I like 35-38 wins. We still don't have a superstar to take the last shot. We need a nash for amare. But I'd go with 37w-45l. Unless we get a prolific scorer besides amare. Everyone else is just okay. Either someone steps up huge and shocks me, or we only improved marginally.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Amar'e isn't a superstar to take the last shot?

Amar'e can create his own shot too...and he was dominant in the West so in the East he's going to SMOKE everyone

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
I still believe the Knicks are going to go after another big timer...by the trade deadline...many teams that got shut out during this FA offseason will be desperate to move people. I still think the wheels are turnin in Doniie's head...just licking his chops about getting that second BIG Time scorer...He may already have it with Gallo? we'll see.
It'll happen. This is just phase (1), the next phase happens in Feb...
:thumbsup:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Ok you have to recall last year to realize the 45 I posted was a joke, and I'm not waving the championship banner yet by any stretch, but to say our talent is the same as last year is a bit shocking... Randolph, Turiaf, randon Russian dude, whoever, is already an improvement on the center position, I love David but I can't imagine arguing Lee as a better player than Amare, Gallo should hopefully have taken another step forward whether small or large and will have Wilson and Bill pushing him for pt at the 3 and potentially randolph minutes there too, Azubuike when healthy is a pretty good 2, Felton vs Duhon I better not have to explain... so what, we lost Lee for a slight upgrade, we ditched the worst starting pg in the league for a top 12 pg, we added size and we lost what? Chuckington's scoring prowess? I'm not labelling us as a threat but to set the bar as low as 30-35 wins is pretty awful, you have to also consider Cavs for example were a solid 4 losses for us that should become 4 wins, don't be such a debby downer man

I don't even know who debbie downer is. I do know that Al "Chuckington" averaged almost 18 points a game last year and 6 boards. You couple that with David Lee's 20/11 and that is almost 40% of the 102 points the Knicks averaged last year. Last I hear Gallo is chillin in Italy not here in the states working out, so I will be pleasantly surprised if he improves signifigantly, but not counting on it. Felton is a slight upgrade at pg, but he is far from elite and now I question his coachabity if Larry Brown wanted no part of this guy. Amare had alot more help in Phoenix including legit All-star and an elite PG in Steve Nash to help take the pressure off him. Is he ready for the constant double-teams and beating he will take in a more physical Eastern conference?? He had better be because otherwise this move has Antonio Mcdyess written all over it. If I am a coach scheming against the Knicks I would throw the kitchen sink at Amare because NOBODY else on this team is scaring me. We don't even have a CONSISTENT outside shooter to free Amare up in the middle. I will stick by my initial prediction of 30-35 games if D'ant doesn't lose Amare and the rest of the team as the losses pile up.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Amar'e isn't a superstar to take the last shot?

Amar'e can create his own shot too...and he was dominant in the West so in the East he's going to SMOKE everyone

No Amare isn't a superstar that can create or take the last shot. Amare was hand fed by Steve Nash who sliced up the defense for Amare to finish. Amare will get no such help in NY. And outside of LA the best NBA frontlines are in the East. Amare will now be facing the likes Bosh, Boozer, Bogut and Howard night in and night out in the East.

jpz17

Starter
No Amare isn't a superstar that can create or take the last shot. Amare was hand fed by Steve Nash who sliced up the defense for Amare to finish. Amare will get no such help in NY. And outside of LA the best NBA frontlines are in the East. Amare will now be facing the likes Bosh, Boozer, Bogut and Howard night in and night out in the East.

man get off the boards if you are going to talk like that. seriously. you are not helping anything

KBlack25

Starter

Right...

I'm guessing Tim Duncan, Luis Scola/Yao Ming, Boozer when he was in Utah, Nene/Camby when they were both in Denver, Biedrins (a rebounding machine) in G-State, Nowitzki, Al Jeff/Kevin Love when they were in Minnesota together all just don't count?

Bosh is good on offensive...he is horrid defensively. Boozer, one of your examples of the stiff competition Amar'e will face, was JUST in the West (when Amar'e was).

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I thought I'd check Amar'e v Boozer head to head over the past 2 years and, amazingly, since 2009 they've only played each other once! The rest were DNPs for either or.

In March this year, Stat, leading all scorers, dropped 30 (to Boozer's 15) on Boozer's shiny head. Boozer out-rebounded him 15 > 7 in a Jazz victory.

Both had 2 blocks.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Right...

I'm guessing Tim Duncan, Luis Scola/Yao Ming, Boozer when he was in Utah, Nene/Camby when they were both in Denver, Biedrins (a rebounding machine) in G-State, Nowitzki, Al Jeff/Kevin Love when they were in Minnesota together all just don't count?

Bosh is good on offensive...he is horrid defensively. Boozer, one of your examples of the stiff competition Amar'e will face, was JUST in the West (when Amar'e was).

Yep you are right: outside of Duncan and Boozer, the rest of your examples don't count.

KBlack25

Starter
Yep you are right: outside of Duncan and Boozer, the rest of your examples don't count.

Camby/Nene was probably one of the tougher defensive front lines in the league...

And how Nowitzki doesn't count is totally beyond me...

Plus, he's already gone up against Boozer in the same conference.

And Bosh sucks on defense.

So really the only guy who is "new" and strong defensively to Amar'e is D12, who is the best defender in the league and is a difficult task for anyone. Camby is also a DPOY, and Amar'e regularly went up against him...

So basically...you list 2 defenders: Bosh (who sucks), D12 (who is the best in the league)...

And in the West, Amar'e went against: Duncan, Dirk, Camby, Boozer (who is now in the East), Bynum, Gasol, Jefferson

jimkcchief88

All Star
man get off the boards if you are going to talk like that. seriously. you are not helping anything

You guys living in some fantasy world is not helping anything either. Put your money where your mouth is. The over/under is 35 games. If the Knicks win over 35 games, I will take your advice and get off the board. But if the Knicks win under 35 games, then you get off the board. Deal????

jimkcchief88

All Star
Camby/Nene was probably one of the tougher defensive front lines in the league...

And how Nowitzki doesn't count is totally beyond me...

Plus, he's already gone up against Boozer in the same conference.

And Bosh sucks on defense.

So really the only guy who is "new" and strong defensively to Amar'e is D12, who is the best defender in the league and is a difficult task for anyone. Camby is also a DPOY, and Amar'e regularly went up against him...

So basically...you list 2 defenders: Bosh (who sucks), D12 (who is the best in the league)...

And in the West, Amar'e went against: Duncan, Dirk, Camby, Boozer (who is now in the East), Bynum, Gasol, Jefferson

Because Dirk is not a post defender. Duh. Boozer is going to have more help in Chicago then he did in Utah. And my first statement was " outside of LA..."
If you can't figure for yourself out the frontline beef is in the East, I can't help you....

You guys living in some fantasy world is not helping anything either. Put your money where your mouth is. The over/under is 35 games. If the Knicks win over 35 games, I will take your advice and get off the board. But if the Knicks win under 35 games, then you get off the board. Deal????

Son, you bugging. This team has enough talent to be a 40 win team if they mesh how they should. Making this bet isn't the smartest thing to do if you like it around here..

KBlack25

Starter
Because Dirk is not a post defender. Duh. Boozer is going to have more help in Chicago then he did in Utah. And my first statement was " outside of LA..."
If you can't figure for yourself out the frontline beef is in the East, I can't help you....

Maybe now the frontline beef is in the East with Boozer...but the frontline beef WAS in the West when AMARE WAS THERE! If you want to discount Dirk, fine...but still you had Duncan, Camby, Boozer and that's not counting LA...so Amar'e is moving from a conference where he was successful against Duncan, Camby, Boozer, Gasol, Bynum, Jefferson, Nene, Dirk, Scola to a conference where he is against D12, Boozer (again), Lopez and Perkins. Why he could be successful against the former and not the latter is something you have failed to explain

If you think Chris Bosh is "frontline beef" then you have serious, serious mental defects that I can't help you with.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Maybe now the frontline beef is in the East with Boozer...but the frontline beef WAS in the West when AMARE WAS THERE! If you want to discount Dirk, fine...but still you had Duncan, Camby, Boozer and that's not counting LA...so Amar'e is moving from a conference where he was successful against Duncan, Camby, Boozer, Gasol, Bynum, Jefferson, Nene, Dirk, Scola to a conference where he is against D12, Boozer (again), Lopez and Perkins. Why he could be successful against the former and not the latter is something you have failed to explain

If you think Chris Bosh is "frontline beef" then you have serious, serious mental defects that I can't help you with.

So Bosh camped out in the middle without benefit of a double because of Wade/LJ isn't beef????? And didn't LJ bring Big Z with him???

The Celts added Jermaine O'neal to an already stellar frontline of the Big Ticket, Perkins and Big Baby.

You have failed even respond about the Superman down in Orlando, a GLARING ommission at that.

The Bucks still have Bogut and Kurt Thomas.

ATL has Al Horford.

The Bulls have Boozer and Taj Gibson

Even the Nets have Lopez.

It must be my serious mental defect, but I fail to see the "big break" Amare is going to get coming to the East. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!!! Over 35 wins I leave, under 35 wins you leave.