How many games do you think the Knicks will win next season?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Son, you bugging. This team has enough talent to be a 40 win team if they mesh how they should. Making this bet isn't the smartest thing to do if you like it around here..

Being a Steph fan isn't the smartest thing either. You can get in on this bet too you know. I am a prime like Optimus, fully prepared to take on all comers.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Barring any significant injuries, im in. No way this team wins under 35 games.

No games, no lame excuses, no "I was just kidding". Every team has injuries. You guys are all depending on "STAT" but he has been injured in the past as well. And you are expecting Amare to carry a team much worse than Phoenix sitting on a fat bankroll??? Oh I forgot you are a Steph fan, so eating VASALINE makes sense.

KBlack25

Starter
So Bosh camped out in the middle without benefit of a double because of Wade/LJ isn't beef????? And didn't LJ bring Big Z with him???

The Celts added Jermaine O'neal to an already stellar frontline of the Big Ticket, Perkins and Big Baby.

You have failed even respond about the Superman down in Orlando, a GLARING ommission at that.

The Bucks still have Bogut and Kurt Thomas.

ATL has Al Horford.

The Bulls have Boozer and Taj Gibson

Even the Nets have Lopez.

It must be my serious mental defect, but I fail to see the "big break" Amare is going to get coming to the East. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!!! Over 35 wins I leave, under 35 wins you leave.

Come on...Big Z was washed up a year ago...

I never said 35 over/under and would never agree to such an idiotic bet...so much can happen in the season that can change it, and I believe we are on that borderline personally.

I also never said Amar'e would get a huge break. The balance of power has shifted to the East, for sure. But if he had success in the past against Duncan, Dirk, Boozer, Shaq, Camby, Ming, Scola I am having a hard time seeing why he couldn't have success against anyone else...

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i can see this team winning about 45 games. maybe a little less maybe a little more. im hyped about this squad

No games, no lame excuses, no "I was just kidding". Every team has injuries. You guys are all depending on "STAT" but he has been injured in the past as well. And you are expecting Amare to carry a team much worse than Phoenix sitting on a fat bankroll??? Oh I forgot you are a Steph fan, so eating VASALINE makes sense.

Amare's health status is blown WAY out of proportion. The dude played all 82 games last season.. The eye injury was pure coincidence, could've happened to anyone. He now wheres the googles to prevent this from reoccuring. The only significant injury is his knee. But even then if he can give us atleast 70 games we are a playoff team. You say I'm "depending" on Amare when thats far from the truth. I'm counting on the OTHER guys like Gallo, Chandler, Randolph, etc to expand and get better do to the presence a GREAT player like Amare brings. I believe they will, and the end result is a Knick playoff berth.

BTW those Steph shots are lame and tired son.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Amare's health status is blown WAY out of proportion. The dude played all 82 games last season.. The eye injury was pure coincidence, could've happened to anyone. He now wheres the googles to prevent this from reoccuring. The only significant injury is his knee. But even then if he can give us atleast 70 games we are a playoff team. You say I'm "depending" on Amare when thats far from the truth. I'm counting on the OTHER guys like Gallo, Chandler, Randolph, etc to expand and get better do to the presence a GREAT player like Amare brings. I believe they will, and the end result is a Knick playoff berth.

BTW those Steph shots are lame and tired son.

This just in Amare NOT playing in the world games. The insurance company has doubts.... Insurance companies pay analysts alot of money to evaluate risk....

BTW if you are tired of the Steph shots, maybe you should change your handle, sig, avatar......

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Confusing

We all agree that the roster has improved from last season so why is difficult to see them winning over 40 games???

Is it the coach?

jimkcchief88

All Star
We all agree that the roster has improved from last season so why is difficult to see them winning over 40 games???

Is it the coach?

We all don't agree the roster has improved. We traded one superstar for another, got a bunch of cast-offs, and lost another 18 ppg with Al gone. In an improved East, that means we got worse and will struggle in my book. And the coach doesn't help because D'ant hasn't shown he can win games without Steve Nash being his floor general.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
We all don't agree the roster has improved. We traded one superstar for another, got a bunch of cast-offs, and lost another 18 ppg with Al gone. In an improved East, that means we got worse and will struggle in my book. And the coach doesn't help because D'ant hasn't shown he can win games without Steve Nash being his floor general.

How isn't Azubuike, Felton, Randolph, Turiaf, STAT better than Duhon, Harrington, Jeffries, Lee, Rodriguez? Harrington might have averaged 17-18 ppg, and he has helped when the Knicks needed a scorer, but I STILL don't see how the roster isn't improved. First, we are much younger, WHICH MATTERS! Second, Felton is a HUGE upgrade from Duhon. There isn't anything Duhon does better than Felton. D'Antoni never had a decent roster outside of the team he had with the Suns. SO, you can say, he hasn't shown he can win games without the Suns. Randolph has never played starter or 6-man minutes, and Azubuike is a solid perimeter defender. It will take him 2-3 months worth of games at the most to get to game speed shape.

Another key reason, we had no defensive players AT ALL. Chandler was actually decent. Harrington and Lee are horrid defensive players. STAT is a much better defensive player than Lee. He is still a below average defensive. Offensively, STAT is still an upgrade over Lee, although the upgrade is marginal. Randolph, Azubuike are defensive upgrades. I don't know what to expect from the rookies.

The Eastern Conference did improve overall, but in retrospect, how many East teams improved? Definitely Miami, Milwaukee and Chicago, but these teams were better than the Knicks to begin with. The Bobcats added more depth, but they lost Chandler, who will be missed. I don't think they got better and I believe the Knicks are better now, or at the very least, the Knicks are at the same level. Washington improved, but let's not kid ourselves, they are not better than the Knicks. Philly should make a playoff run.

The teams that are below the Knicks:

Cleveland
Toronto
Indiana
Detroit
Philly
Washington
NJ - even with their first round draft picks

I do have concerns about Amar'e's injury problems. If he is healthy all year, then I believe the Knicks make the playoffs, and should get one of the two final spots.

Last edited:

Bunta

Benchwarmer
So Bosh camped out in the middle without benefit of a double because of Wade/LJ isn't beef????? And didn't LJ bring Big Z with him???

The Celts added Jermaine O'neal to an already stellar frontline of the Big Ticket, Perkins and Big Baby.

You have failed even respond about the Superman down in Orlando, a GLARING ommission at that.

The Bucks still have Bogut and Kurt Thomas.

ATL has Al Horford.

The Bulls have Boozer and Taj Gibson

Even the Nets have Lopez.

It must be my serious mental defect, but I fail to see the "big break" Amare is going to get coming to the East. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!!! Over 35 wins I leave, under 35 wins you leave.

I will respond to the Dwight part

last season in thier 2 meetings Amar'e managed to shoot 22/42 grab 12rpg and score 26.5 ppg
I would say he isnt overly worried by Dwight at all based on last year.<O:p</O:p
<O:p
Dwight may be a great defender but Amar'e is almost as big and atletic as he is so the advantage that he has over most other people he comes up againt (bigger not as athletic or smaller and as athletic or more so) is largely negated against Amar'e.<O:p</O:p

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
I will respond to the Dwight part

last season in thier 2 meetings Amar'e managed to shoot 22/42 grab 12rpg and score 26.5 ppg
I would say he isnt overly worried by Dwight at all based on last year.<O:p</O:p
<O:p
Dwight may be a great defender but Amar'e is almost as big and atletic as he is so the advantage that he has over most other people he comes up againt (bigger not as athletic or smaller and as athletic or more so) is largely negated against Amar'e.<O:p</O:p

Again Amare had an all-star feeding him the ball, not a Larry Brown cast-off, and did Phoenix win or lose in those two meetings????

jimkcchief88

All Star
How isn't Azubuike, Felton, Randolph, Turiaf, STAT better than Duhon, Harrington, Jeffries, Lee, Rodriguez? Harrington might have averaged 17-18 ppg, and he has helped when the Knicks needed a scorer, but I STILL don't see how the roster isn't improved. First, we are much younger, WHICH MATTERS! Second, Felton is a HUGE upgrade from Duhon. There isn't anything Duhon does better than Felton. D'Antoni never had a decent roster outside of the team he had with the Suns. SO, you can say, he hasn't shown he can win games without the Suns. Randolph has never played starter or 6-man minutes, and Azubuike is a solid perimeter defender. It will take him 2-3 months worth of games at the most to get to game speed shape.

Another key reason, we had no defensive players AT ALL. Chandler was actually decent. Harrington and Lee are horrid defensive players. STAT is a much better defensive player than Lee. He is still a below average defensive. Offensively, STAT is still an upgrade over Lee, although the upgrade is marginal. Randolph, Azubuike are defensive upgrades. I don't know what to expect from the rookies.

The Eastern Conference did improve overall, but in retrospect, how many East teams improved? Definitely Miami, Milwaukee and Chicago, but these teams were better than the Knicks to begin with. The Bobcats added more depth, but they lost Chandler, who will be missed. I don't think they got better and I believe the Knicks are better now, or at the very least, the Knicks are at the same level. Washington improved, but let's not kid ourselves, they are not better than the Knicks. Philly should make a playoff run.

The teams that are below the Knicks:

Cleveland
Toronto
Indiana
Detroit
Philly
Washington
NJ - even with their first round draft picks

I do have concerns about Amar'e's injury problems. If he is healthy all year, then I believe the Knicks make the playoffs, and should get one of the two final spots.

How are a bunch of player who were on the BENCH of a team that was as bad as the Knicks last year help improve our team???

jimkcchief88

All Star
This just in Amare NOT playing in the world games. The insurance company has doubts.... Insurance companies pay analysts alot of money to evaluate risk....

BTW if you are tired of the Steph shots, maybe you should change your handle, sig, avatar......

But keep the NBA Jam with Starks and Ewing, that's CLASSIC!!!

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Again Amare had an all-star feeding him the ball, not a Larry Brown cast-off, and did Phoenix win or lose in those two meetings????

How did Amar'e do the season before Nash played for the Suns?

And he shoots just under 50% when creating his own offense. Yes Amar'e will "suffer" without Nash, but he is capable of getting his

nyk_nyk

All Star
How are a bunch of player who were on the BENCH of a team that was as bad as the Knicks last year help improve our team???

Seriously man, your kidding right????

Amare
Felton
Azibuke
Turiaf
Randolph

ARE A BETTER GROUP OF PLAYERS COLLECTIVELY THAN

Duhon
Jeffries
Bender
Lee
Harrington

Seriously man, your kidding right????

Amare
Felton
Azibuke
Turiaf
Randolph

ARE A BETTER GROUP OF PLAYERS COLLECTIVELY THAN

Duhon
Jeffries
Bender
Lee
Harrington

yea for real we won 29 games last year no reason we can't win 42 with the new roster just think about all those games we lost while duhon scored less than 10 while shooting 0-6from 3 and then insert felton that alone wins us 10games

shaolin

Benchwarmer

I don?t agree at all. Kevin Johnson was a BENCH player before he played 35+ minutes per game and won MIP. TMAC was a BENCH player that averaged 20 minutes per contest and less than 10 ppg before he turned into a superstar caliber player. Randolph has the potential to be a solid player. It isn?t his fault that Nelson did not want to give him minutes to develop him faster. He is FAR BETTER than Jeffries or Bender.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The Knicks will win at least 34 games, and that is being conservative. I think their potential is around .500. But, as expected, there will be some growing pains, and that is why I predict 34-37 wins, which might be enough for 8<SUP>th</SUP> spot. I think 41 guarantees a spot in the East still. While the East improved overall, the bottom dwellers are still crap.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Either way, they will win more than 29 games.<o:p></o:p>