Here we go AGAIN: Reality Check

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
A team doesn't consist of 2 people or one person its a collective. You idiots refuse to see whats right in front of your faces... My arguement can't be a losing one if the proof is in the pudding... COACHING doesn't depend on who your players are... coaching is implementing a strategy and going with it. In two years that has never happened with this dude... there is no difference between this dude and some1 like Don Nelson during this golden state run. You guys can continue to be blind bats loving this dude I'll continue to be the reality smacking sense in you

You're not really smacking anything into anybody. Actually it's more like senseless flailing at this point. Dude, I've noticed how most of the people on these boards tend to disagree with your point of view. And seeing as I'm fairly new here, I'm sure you must atleast be partially aware. It seems to me that it is the multitude of posters on this forum that keep trying to smack some sense into YOU!

Last edited:

shaolin

Benchwarmer
A team doesn't consist of 2 people or one person its a collective. You idiots refuse to see whats right in front of your faces... My arguement can't be a losing one if the proof is in the pudding... COACHING doesn't depend on who your players are... coaching is implementing a strategy and going with it. In two years that has never happened with this dude... there is no difference between this dude and some1 like Don Nelson during this golden state run. You guys can continue to be blind bats loving this dude I'll continue to be the reality smacking sense in you

Coaching does not "depend" on the players, but the results definitely do.

DieHardPassion

Benchwarmer
Why don't you just wait till it happens?

Obviously everybody is ramping and going against you but you may be right. We'll just have to see but we'll definitely get more than thirty wins...
How do you come up with the things you say, and I'm wondering how you got those 5 reputations lol

jimkcchief88

All Star
Again I will point out that the past EVERYBODY thought the WORLD was flat. So was the one person that knew the world was round an idiot???? Noooooo.

We have the same coach, same owner, and the same president who wants to bring back Isiah. We lost 40% of our offense between All-Star David Lee and Harrington and only got cast-offs in return for Lee, and gave away our 1st rounder AGAIN ( protect ur picks isiah prob. became a Celts fan). I agree with Lil Balk that David lo Pan(Walsh) lied to KNICKS nation. He sold us on the fact Lebron was coming so the last 2 pathetic years didn't matter and then gave away our 1st rounder in hopes to get Lebron. What Amare will do without the benefit of an All-Star pg and fan friendly Phoenix with a fat contract under his belt is the million dollar question. And quite frankly, I'm concerned. The last "superstar" we overpaid to save us didn't work out to well. This is another rebuilding year guys. 30-35 wins if we are fortunate in a much improved Eastern Conference. Pray for Melo/Parker/CP3 next year.

jimkcchief88

All Star
It is still only preseason and the team still had to "gel" and learn to play "together," but to this point 30-35 wins looks to be about right. Unless D'ant does some "coach of the year" impersonation and gets these young guys believing.....

jimkcchief88

All Star
It is still only preseason and the team still had to "gel" and learn to play "together," but to this point 30-35 wins looks to be about right. Unless D'ant does some "coach of the year" impersonation and gets these young guys believing.....

Red

TYPE-A
WOW... Jimkcchief & Lil'man Bklyn... you guys are some fickle bitches!

By your standards... a team that goes undefeated in the pre-season is destined to win it all huh? STFU... you sound f*cking EMO!

Here are my concerns:
1. With an OBVIOUSLY improved roster, can D'Antoni manage? He's running out of excuses and is already playing the "I need to find the right combo" card. No good. I would like a set 5, and a set rotation by the start of the season... no merry-go-round sh*t.

2. I know how homers feel but... seriously please admit Gallo is a complimentary player. That's it. He will never be athletic, savvy, and gifted enough to be a the go to guy nightly. Never. I don't know about you guy's but I still don't know who our go to guy is. You know.. Close game, 4th qtr., 2mins on the clock... Gallo still & never will be that dude. Being that we still don't have "that dude"- I label him (and Chandler) expendable when considering our lack of a closer.

3. Some positives... We are actually playing/preaching defense. Thank the Lord!

We actually have size.
We have depth (although mediocre)
We have cap room & options (tradeable/flexible contracts)
Curry will be gone in 4 months

So to those who don't believe we have at least improved i'd say...

"its fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"...

that's what u should be saying after you get out the shower scrubbing your crotch and looking in the mirror. How dumb are you for falling for the same sh*t twice? And now you want the Knicks to fire everyone, and sell the team? Smh.

but you're still a fan. A fan who swears they were "promised" Lebron... pathetic.

PS.. why would I (a real Knick fan) want a player who's scared and doesn't want to be here? You wouldn't understand.

jimkcchief88

All Star

By your standards... a team that goes undefeated in the pre-season is destined to win it all huh? STFU... you sound f*cking EMO!

Here are my concerns:
1. With an OBVIOUSLY improved roster, can D'Antoni manage? He's running out of excuses and is already playing the "I need to find the right combo" card. No good. I would like a set 5, and a set rotation by the start of the season... no merry-go-round sh*t.

2. I know how homers feel but... seriously please admit Gallo is a complimentary player. That's it. He will never be athletic, savvy, and gifted enough to be a the go to guy nightly. Never. I don't know about you guy's but I still don't know who our go to guy is. You know.. Close game, 4th qtr., 2mins on the clock... Gallo still & never will be that dude. Being that we still don't have "that dude"- I label him (and Chandler) expendable when considering our lack of a closer.

We actually have size.

that's what u should be saying after you get out the shower scrubbing your crotch and looking in the mirror. How dumb are you for falling for the same sh*t twice? And now you want the Knicks to fire everyone, and sell the team? Smh.

but you're still a fan. A fan who swears they were "promised" Lebron... pathetic.

PS.. why would I (a real Knick fan) want a player who's scared and doesn't want to be here? You wouldn't understand.

You are excused for the bitches shyte.... Homie don't play dat.... I wrote this thread 2 months ago and you see the response, now the rest of the board is like "maybe this team won't be very good"..... So who's fickle?????

As for the rest, I have been saying that Gallo will be a poor mans Tony Krukoc and got jumped on for that

As far as "improved roster", I agree we got younger and more athletic, dunno if that will translate into more wins in a much deeper Eastern Conf.

As far as Lebron..... Disapointed ... nuff said

As far as real fan crap.... been rooting for the Knicks since 91' does that qualify???? Tough to take a DECADE of LOSING.....

Back to sipping CHIEFS kool-aid.... rebuilding can happen......

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

Here are my concerns:

We actually have size.

Ummmmmm...you see that guy in your signature and my avatar?

Red

TYPE-A
Ummmmmm...you see that guy in your signature and my avatar?

Who Trill? Your sig says it exceeds the limits.

I guess it's STAT, but in your opinion is he a go to guy?

Ok I just took a moment and... I'm thinking usually a SG, or SF is a go to guy. Then I thought, well Duncan is one too as well as guards like Billups etc... so I guess he is "The One" and Gallo is the compliment?

Ok i'll go with that. I guess I was looking for that all-around, knock down shooter who can hit the outside shot, take his man off the dribble, and draw fouls and command double teams during crunch time. I guess STAT is that.

If that's him in your sig... I stand corrected.

BTW, I disagreed with your concern over him in the 1st pre-season game. I know it was just an opinion but to me your (our) focus and subsequent blame should be put on....

Coach D'Antoni. but that's a thread for another day. So STATS the man, and everyone else needs to follow his lead and fall in line. Btw weren't you concerned and not very supportive of his talents (if memory serves me correct)?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Who Trill? Your sig says it exceeds the limits.

I guess it's STAT, but in your opinion is he a go to guy?

Ok I just took a moment and... I'm thinking usually a SG, or SF is a go to guy. Then I thought, well Duncan is one too as well as guards like Billups etc... so I guess he is "The One" and Gallo is the compliment?

Ok i'll go with that. I guess I was looking for that all-around, knock down shooter who can hit the outside shot, take his man off the dribble, and draw fouls and command double teams during crunch time. I guess STAT is that.

If that's him in your sig... I stand corrected.

BTW, I disagreed with your concern over him in the 1st pre-season game. I know it was just an opinion but to me your (our) focus and subsequent blame should be put on....

Coach D'Antoni. but that's a thread for another day. So STATS the man, and everyone else needs to follow his lead and fall in line. Btw weren't you concerned and not very supportive of his talents (if memory serves me correct)?

Your signature and MY AVATAR. Yes, STAT.

Red

TYPE-A
And Jimkcchief...

all i'm saying is that "sky is falling" sh*t after 2 pre-season games is corny.

It shows hopelessness and an inability to move on from the past. That's exactly what we don't need.

but I respect your opinion.. even though your gonna get it (no homo) once we dominate and make the playoffs! Good luck.

jimkcchief88

All Star
And Jimkcchief...

all i'm saying is that "sky is falling" sh*t after 2 pre-season games is corny.

It shows hopelessness and an inability to move on from the past. That's exactly what we don't need.

but I respect your opinion.. even though your gonna get it (no homo) once we dominate and make the playoffs! Good luck.

I gotcha I already did my "sky is falling" after the decision.... I dunno about that dominate and make playoffs stuff, but this should be a fun team to watch. We might be a GOOD PG away from making a run(maybe Douglas)..... Wil the Thril so far is looking like a poor man's Melo.... Hopefully we don't give up on him too soon like some of our other draft picks.....

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I read a sentence of your message and stopped. As a knicks fan, I know its hard to think positive. But Its a new year. We got new players, good players too. It will be a good year, trust me.

It is starting to become a theme with some of these posters on here. I mean all some people do on here is bash till no end. I can't understand it. I didn't set the bar so high that missing the playoffs would make me want to off myself.

This team is still in need of some more time to grow and develop. There is too much impatience here. Let's just get this team to gel and develop with Stat and hopefully we can make the playoffs. If not then free agency next year is something to look forward too.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
The Skys not falling, our players trade values are...

If you ask me, I think the Knicks just have so many new players that it will take some time for them to gel. With that said I was underwhelmed by Gallonari and Randolph. Until Gallo can show some consistency on offense and improves defensively I fear he is leaning more toward the Radmonivic, Bargnani end of the spectrum. Randolph looks lost out there, and I fear D'antoni will lose patience with him much like Nate Robinson. Ray-Felt hasn't wowed me at all and neither has SSOL which flipped around = LOSS for what thats worth.

Pleasant Surprises

The Gov looks like a serviceable Big Man whom I think should start over Turiaf. This allows for Turiaf to be backup PF/C on our All Hustle 2nd unit (Douglas Randolph, Turiaf. Wilson Chandler has looked solid so far and considering his return from groin and ankle surgery this is a good sign. While SG may not be his natural position I feel he is the best option at that slot. Add in Landry Fields who I think will be a player in this league who can play backup minutes at SF and I am excited for our depth, which brings me to my next point.

Donnie Needs to Pull the Trigger and Trade Gallo, Randolph 1st Rounder for Melo. This team has way to many role players and only 1 Star. Like it or Not, STAT is a number 2 who needs A guy like Melo handle the scoring load and 4th quarter closing duties. While Gallo and Randolph will be starters on most teams in their careers I think they are expendable especially to get back top 10 Talent.

The Knicks were horribly out of sync and I just don't see how chucking up shots and turning the ball over is gonna win you games. If Donnie does not get Melo here I can see us just missing the playoffs in a loaded Eastern Conference. If Amare gets hurt we are a lottery team.

1. Felton
2. Melo
3. Chandler
4. STAT
5. Mozgov

Bench

Mason/Rautins
Azuibuike
Fields
Turiaf

If you ask me, I think the Knicks just have so many new players that it will take some time for them to gel. With that said I was underwhelmed by Gallonari and Randolph. Until Gallo can show some consistency on offense and improves defensively I fear he is leaning more toward the Radmonivic, Bargnani end of the spectrum. Randolph looks lost out there, and I fear D'antoni will lose patience with him much like Nate Robinson. Ray-Felt hasn't wowed me at all and neither has SSOL which flipped around = LOSS for what thats worth.

Pleasant Surprises

The Gov looks like a serviceable Big Man whom I think should start over Turiaf. This allows for Turiaf to be backup PF/C on our All Hustle 2nd unit (Douglas Randolph, Turiaf. Wilson Chandler has looked solid so far and considering his return from groin and ankle surgery this is a good sign. While SG may not be his natural position I feel he is the best option at that slot. Add in Landry Fields who I think will be a player in this league who can play backup minutes at SF and I am excited for our depth, which brings me to my next point.

Donnie Needs to Pull the Trigger and Trade Gallo, Randolph 1st Rounder for Melo. This team has way to many role players and only 1 Star. Like it or Not, STAT is a number 2 who needs A guy like Melo handle the scoring load and 4th quarter closing duties. While Gallo and Randolph will be starters on most teams in their careers I think they are expendable especially to get back top 10 Talent.

The Knicks were horribly out of sync and I just don't see how chucking up shots and turning the ball over is gonna win you games. If Donnie does not get Melo here I can see us just missing the playoffs in a loaded Eastern Conference. If Amare gets hurt we are a lottery team.

1. Felton
2. Melo
3. Chandler
4. STAT
5. Mozgov

Bench

Mason/Rautins
Azuibuike
Fields
Turiaf

Thank you for a lineup and trade that has us keeping Chandler and at his natural position

jimkcchief88

All Star
So another nightmare begins.... Hoping I was wrong but now it starts to come to pass.... Pacers spank the Nuggets last night.... Help us Melo or CP3, you are our only hope!!!!