Here we go AGAIN: Reality Check

mafra

Legend
Its gonna hurt real bad if we suck dreadfully again without a draft pick this year..

We get a draft pick.... we'll just end up with HOU's pick. Let's hope it's still a top-12 pick. If we end up with K-Irving (Duke) or Fredette (BYU) or even Henson (UNC) maybe we should be fine.

ANYWAY....

Just simply amazing how Douglas is 11-39 the last 4 games (including 4-19 from three-point range), with 6 assists to 5 turnovers... In other words, doing nothing on the court to help NY whatsoever... yet he takes almost as many shots as STAT (despite fact STAT scored like 12 points in the first 5 minutes of the game).

HOw Douglas is running around out there in the 4th last night was beyond me.

YET, Randolph takes an ill-advised shot or two, and he vanishes from the floor never to be heard from again (even though we need his size)?

Why is it we demanded N8 to be a facillitator, and put him in the doghouse for poor decisions, but yet Douglas isn't held to the same standard?

iSaYughh

Starter
I am sorry guys, but I'm not feeling it. Knicks fans were sold a bill of goods and I am not buying it. This 2010 KNICKS team is NOT a GOOD team and will struggle to win as many games as last years team. Enough of the hype ok. I don't want to hear about "ohhh we got STAT(where did that acronym come from anyway???). All we did is trade one HARDWORKING 20/10 guy for one questionable 20/10 guy. Amare has never had to experience in Phoenix what he is about to go through in New York: the constant losing, the media, the fans, the scrutiny. You say overpaying for Amare was a good move to try to lure LJ. Well it didn't work now we are stuck with a potential problem. Amare shined last year on a good team in a contract year. Let's see how Amare competes on a bad team with with a fat bankroll in his pocket.

We were promised LJ and and another MAX player, we got Amare and a bunch of castoffs. How can you be excited about players the Warriors threw away??? Ronny Turiaf is a donut which is why the Lakeshow dumped him and the others were throw-ins to make the money work. Thats it. Now we got Felton Spencer(WHO????) and some big clown from Russia and I'm supposed to be excited about the upcoming season???

Let's call a spade a spade guys. This is ANOTHER THROW AWAY SEASON BECAUSE WE MISSED ON LEBRON. It is what it is. What do you think Knicks brass is going to admit their entire plan crumbled when Lebron spurned them??? Hell naw, their job is to sell tickets. Did you hear what Lebron said?? No matter what you think about Lebron going to the HEAT, he told it in his statement: Pat Riley and the Heat give him a better chance to win than New York. Trading away every piece of the team for pipe dreams, the Starbury debacle, the horrible draft picks, and general team mismanagement have made New York a place to stay away from and the joke of the league.

Mark it down this team will struggle to win 30 games this year. The rest of the East got way better while we are overpaying backup point guards and Russian castoffs just to save face. Its pitiful really. We are sounding like Cub fans and its pitiful:" Just wait till next year...." Just pray the MELO wants to get the hell out of the mountains and will come home and play for the KNICKS next year and we can grab a real PG like Parker or Paul, not the backup that will be starting next year. If both those thing don't happen, we need to: FIRE WALSH, FIRE DANT, START OVER!!!!

Spades.

iSaYughh

Starter
On paper, this team looks guaranteed to make the playoffs. Especially considering the fact that the Eastern Conference is a weak conference.

However, D'Antoni is a crappy coach.

He likes to play favorites with his starting lineups and rotations, and he likes putting people in "doghouses."

I'm going to agree with Jimkchief and say that I don't see the Knicks making the playoffs.

However, it's not for the same reasons as Jimkchief.

I think the Knicks have the talent to guarantee themselves a playoff spot, but I don't think D'Antoni will utilize his talent properly.

I expect D'Antoni to not give Randolph or Turiaf much playing time, because all he seems to care about is 3 point shooters and people who can get steals and assists in transition.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he puts Felton in his "doghouse."

This is a 41-46 win team, but because D'Antoni is a crappy decision maker, I expect the Knicks to win 30-36 games.

P.S.- The Knicks don't have 4 All Stars like the Phoenix Suns had in each season D'Antoni coached the Suns. That should be taken into consideration, because D'Antoni has not proven he could get a team with just 1 All Star to make the playoffs or be successful.

Spades.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I am sorry guys, but I'm not feeling it. Knicks fans were sold a bill of goods and I am not buying it. This 2010 KNICKS team is NOT a GOOD team and will struggle to win as many games as last years team. Enough of the hype ok. I don't want to hear about "ohhh we got STAT(where did that acronym come from anyway???). All we did is trade one HARDWORKING 20/10 guy for one questionable 20/10 guy. Amare has never had to experience in Phoenix what he is about to go through in New York: the constant losing, the media, the fans, the scrutiny. You say overpaying for Amare was a good move to try to lure LJ. Well it didn't work now we are stuck with a potential problem. Amare shined last year on a good team in a contract year. Let's see how Amare competes on a bad team with with a fat bankroll in his pocket.

We were promised LJ and and another MAX player, we got Amare and a bunch of castoffs. How can you be excited about players the Warriors threw away??? Ronny Turiaf is a donut which is why the Lakeshow dumped him and the others were throw-ins to make the money work. Thats it. Now we got Felton Spencer(WHO????) and some big clown from Russia and I'm supposed to be excited about the upcoming season???

Let's call a spade a spade guys. This is ANOTHER THROW AWAY SEASON BECAUSE WE MISSED ON LEBRON. It is what it is. What do you think Knicks brass is going to admit their entire plan crumbled when Lebron spurned them??? Hell naw, their job is to sell tickets. Did you hear what Lebron said?? No matter what you think about Lebron going to the HEAT, he told it in his statement: Pat Riley and the Heat give him a better chance to win than New York. Trading away every piece of the team for pipe dreams, the Starbury debacle, the horrible draft picks, and general team mismanagement have made New York a place to stay away from and the joke of the league.

Mark it down this team will struggle to win 30 games this year. The rest of the East got way better while we are overpaying backup point guards and Russian castoffs just to save face. Its pitiful really. We are sounding like Cub fans and its pitiful:" Just wait till next year...." Just pray the MELO wants to get the hell out of the mountains and will come home and play for the KNICKS next year and we can grab a real PG like Parker or Paul, not the backup that will be starting next year. If both those thing don't happen, we need to: FIRE WALSH, FIRE DANT, START OVER!!!!

u look crazy retarted now. im never reading your posts again

MusketeerX

Rotation player
  • Knicks should win 40-45 games, depending on injuries and the such.
  • The team is obviously better than it was last year.
  • We are pushing elite status as it is now and with another superstar will push us to 50-55 wins.
  • Then at that point is is plugging in the holes to make us a championship team.
All I have to say: "In Donnie I trust." (Hopefully he will still be here)

This league is a league of patterns.

You push yourself as close to elite as you can with a superstar. Then you shoot for another, pushing you towards the cap. When you're close, then you have to take on some contracts that will put you well over the cap for a few years, but hopefully make you a championship team, filling in the roles necessary to support your offense and superstars.

The key decision making comes when you hit the cap. Do you make the right trades? Look at Orlando. They did everything they could, but got the wrong role players and it looks to have cost them a championship -- time after time.

Once you are a contender, then you have to use your mid-level and vet exceptions to keep up with the other championship level teams. Maybe get a worthy trade here or there too.

Just patterns.

Knicks are in the beginning of this process. Melo will get them to the cap (provide Dolan doesn't mess it up). That will push them to elite team. Then you hope Galli develops and pray that you can throw in the right mix of role players.

jimkcchief88

All Star
u look crazy retarted now. im never reading your posts again

Every NBA analyst i've heard has already apologized for saying the same thing I did, except they get BIG MONEY to be wrong. I'll take a little grief from a newbie that joined the board about the same time I posted this. Still a Melo away...

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Every NBA analyst i've heard has already apologized for saying the same thing I did, except they get BIG MONEY to be wrong. I'll take a little grief from a newbie that joined the board about the same time I posted this. Still a Melo away...

ur wack.
30 win season? Wrong.

Are you even a knicks fan? I highly doubt it.
You basically say everyone on the team is trash.

im done talkin to u go counting something HERB

jimkcchief88

All Star
ur wack.
30 win season? Wrong.

Are you even a knicks fan? I highly doubt it.
You basically say everyone on the team is trash.

im done talkin to u go counting something HERB

Here is the difference between me and you:

I remember game 7 with Houston with Starks(still a fav) laying a brick house

I remember the Charles Smith's missed layup

I remember Pat's missed layup(still a fav)

I remember the fight and subsequent game six and seven

I remember Chris Dudley starting at center because Pat was hurt

So excuse me if I don't jump on the bandwagon when this team has been in the playoffs once this decade. I go thru this with all you know it all newbies even though I joined this board a FULL FOUR YEARS before you did. That's the real difference between me and you.

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
Here is the difference between me and you:

I remember game 7 with Houston with Starks(still a fav) laying a brick house

I remember the Charles Smith's missed layup

I remember Pat's missed layup(still a fav)

I remember the fight and subsequent game six and seven

I remember Chris Dudley starting at center because Pat was hurt

So excuse me if I don't jump on the bandwagon when this team has been in the playoffs once this decade. I go thru this with all you know it all newbies even though I joined this board a FULL FOUR YEARS before you did. That's the real difference between me and you.
No disrespect so because you joined this board before some of us makes you a more dedicated fan or more of a fan than the people who joined after you?

drpapi23

Rookie
after reading this p.o.s of a post ive came to the conclusion that you're a net & REAL LIFE CLOWN. have a nice pathetic existence.

la2ny

Starter
After reading these posts im not going 2 bash him 4 this thread. He's just trying 2 keep his expectations down so if disapointment insues he won't be as hurt. I can respect that as a realist myself, though I still and always did see us in the playoffs and loosing in the 1st round in 5 games.

jimkcchief88

All Star
After reading these posts im not going 2 bash him 4 this thread. He's just trying 2 keep his expectations down so if disapointment insues he won't be as hurt. I can respect that as a realist myself, though I still and always did see us in the playoffs and loosing in the 1st round in 5 games.

Ding, ding, ding, and we have a winner!!!