Other NBA games and League

mafra

Legend
Donovan Mitchell was sensational throughout Wednesday's road win in Sacramento, scoring 34 points on 14-of-19 shooting with three assists, three steals, one rebound and one 3-pointer.

Mitchell also hit 5-of-7 free throws, with three turnovers in 34 minutes. He's incredibly polished for a 21-year-old rookie and shows no signs of tiring despite averaging 31.4 minutes in a featured role. If you have any doubts, click on the link below for a high-flying dunk when he basically went 1-of-5 vs. the Kings' defense. Whether or not the No. 10 seed Jazz have playoff hopes, Mitchell is locked into a huge role over Utah's final 37 games.

(Rotoworld)

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA/status/953848149424173057

When you see this dunk, you?ll cry bc we took Knits over this guy.

tiger0330

Legend
I said Lauri Markkanen may be a better shooter than KP. Set the record for least amount of games taken to reach 100 3 pt shots made. Took him 41 games breaking Dame's record of 44. Watch this kid, not just a 3 pt shooter, he can handle the ball, never saw KP break a 2 man trap starting at his end and dribbled the ball to the other rim and laid it up for an and 1 3 pt play.

Kiyaman

Legend
Donovan Mitchell was sensational throughout Wednesday's road win in Sacramento, scoring 34 points on 14-of-19 shooting with three assists, three steals, one rebound and one 3-pointer.

Mitchell also hit 5-of-7 free throws, with three turnovers in 34 minutes. He's incredibly polished for a 21-year-old rookie and shows no signs of tiring despite averaging 31.4 minutes in a featured role. If you have any doubts, click on the link below for a high-flying dunk when he basically went 1-of-5 vs. the Kings' defense. Whether or not the No. 10 seed Jazz have playoff hopes, Mitchell is locked into a huge role over Utah's final 37 games.

(Rotoworld)

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA/status/953848149424173057

When you see this dunk, you?ll cry bc we took Knits over this guy.

Mitchell n Simmons are the (super star) rookies aka D.Wade n LeBron James NBA future.
Knick Fans .. Don't think for one second that the Knicks organization would have let rookie Mitchell grab the New York lime light from future KP n our over-paid THJ in the 2017-18 season .. the Knicks selecting Mitchell in the draft would have meant another Knick season without defensive-effort .. why?
I don't see coach Horn giving a rookie PG Mitchell the Green-Light to shoot above 10 shots per game .. plus Melo's NTC would have stayed a Knick this season once he witness rookie Mitchell speed athleticism n high B.ball IQ in practice .. Putting the Knicks into the same bracket of having another season without defensive effort. Take a real good look at the OKC performance having Westbrook Paul George n Melo.

The Knicks selecting a defensive mindset Frank Nitty to lead the point for the Knicks future .. puts the Knicks as a future playoff team.
To my surprise .. Beasley has made a big turn around in his performance this season to become a consistent 52% FG scorer averaging 12 points in 20 minute.

I'm disappointed in our ex-SG player headcoach Hornacek's poor usage of our over-paid SG THJ in the offense / defense.
Plus passing over Trey Burke n Dotson performance in preseason games

tiger0330

Legend
Nits is behind both guys and he disappointed after the good game he had in the Nets game after 3 sub par games before that. Scored zilch against Memphis, can't have a guy playing well 1-5 games and he's getting steady minutes but I'm not seeing the improvement you would expect. If he's playing like this in April, I'd worry about his bust potential.

Nits is behind both guys and he disappointed after the good game he had in the Nets game after 3 sub par games before that. Scored zilch against Memphis, can't have a guy playing well 1-5 games and he's getting steady minutes but I'm not seeing the improvement you would expect. If he's playing like this in April, I'd worry about his bust potential.

DSJ is the vastly superior scorer and ball handler. Ntilikina is the better defensive player. Passing is probably a push right now, but if Ntilikina can stop jumping in the air before he passes, he would be the better passer.

The difference between Mitchell and DSJ and the difference between Mitchell and Ntilikina is the same in my eyes if you are talking about both sides of the ball.

Broadway

All Star
Mitchell is averaging 19 points on 52% shooting from the floor. He’s averaging 1.5 steals per game. So much talk about the Knicks passing on DSJ for Ntilkina, why isn’t the talk all about how the Knicks, Mavs, and everyone else passed on Mitchell, who is far and away the best guard in the draft so far?

I mentioned this a couple times myself and I was okay selecting him in the crop of guards that were in the mix, had him #2. We worked him out or saw him workout a couple times before the draft...I'm pretty sure. Once again this is Phil we're talking about here. Maybe the reason we gave Mitchell multiple looks is because Phil slept on one of his previous workouts(rolling eyes).

Mitchell is also 6'3" not very tall but stoutly built and does have a great wingspan. Although His wingspan and height have nothing to do with his main strengths which are "physical/skill and bball IQ"

This is why I always say film eye test are the main things that should matter...not all the extra cute stuff

mafra

Legend
Perry and Mills spike anout searchng for players who want to be here... He says he wants to retire here.... hope both sides compromise and it happens.

Kanter?s brother playing in college this year.

Broadway

All Star
Markannen was dunking all over the Hawks today...sheesh this kid is gonna be a problem. Lavine said he wants to be the face of the Bulls but it very well may become Marky Mark's team soon

tiger0330

Legend
Everybody is taking a shot at the Cavs blowout by OKC even their old coach. Are the Cavs in trouble?

Blatt, the head coach of Darussafaka in the Turkish Super League, was interviewed before the Turkish all-star game. He was in charge of Team Europe. “I don’t think we are going to have any problem scoring,” he told NTV Sport, per Eurohoops.net. “I am just wondering, are we going to defend anybody. I hope we don’t give up as many points as the Cavaliers gave up last night.”

tiger0330

Legend
I'm not surprised, wasn't a lot of talk about it but I thought having that roster in the EC they should have more wins, they moved a lot players also with no improvement in the standings. Interesting one of their latest pickups Sean Kilpatrick tweeted this right after Kidd got from fired. Sounds like he didn't like Kidd for some reason even though the Bucks salvaged him after the Nets cut him.

Last edited:
Interesting move when it seems like Ante liked Kidd. Bucks have Ante locked up until 2021. Wonder if this leads to arguably the best all-around player in the game trying to pull a Melo circa 2011 and force his way out of town.

tiger0330

Legend
Interesting move when it seems like Ante liked Kidd. Bucks have Ante locked up until 2021. Wonder if this leads to arguably the best all-around player in the game trying to pull a Melo circa 2011 and force his way out of town.
I doubt he leaves MIL, he's going to get one of those mega contracts when his extension is up. MIL is the only team that can offer that to him. He's too good for the Bucks to blink about paying it to him like the Kings did with Cousins.

Kiyaman

Legend

Firing Kidd only means the Bucks don't have a chance at winning a first round series!
Wow! Bledsoe performance got 2 head coaches fired this season.
Will Giannis performance keep improving on the next level after the firing of coach Kidd?
I doubt it .. Anthony Davis were performing at a high level consistently until the Pelicans fired their head-coach (???) to hire head-coach Gentry whom has AD performing inconsistently the past 2 seasons