Game thread: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers 1:00 1/13/2019 [Game #43]

tiger0330

Legend
Nits being aggressive, tries to take it to the rim and dunk it after blowing by TJ but doesn't get up high enough and pins the ball in the rim and backboard. Definitely not an above the rim player better that he becomes a 3 pt sniper.

Broadway

All Star
Breen just mentioned Jimmy Butler, hes been like an afterthought this game with Embiid and Simmons starring. Sixers have to think hard about paying him $190M if he plays like this imo.

They're in a tough situation because if they don't pay him after giving up Saric and Covington they're a lock 6th seed for the seeable future. It's funny how people want to criticize Butler for showing too much personality and bravado but if he plays the lesser role then he's being a wasteful talent.

No wonder some of these athletes act like they do sometimes. Almost can't win!

What would Kawhi look like on their team? Wouldn't Simmons and Embiid have to make room for him? I doubt Fultz is coming back and supposedly Sixers are interested in trading their picks for vet help. They have only 1 way to go

tiger0330

Legend
Kornet again drove left, thought he was left handed after that but hes right handed after seeing him shoot FTs. Kornet a beast cutting the Sixers lead to 1 outplaying Jo.

Broadway

All Star
Knox really needs to tighten up his game. He's just not sharp and if he calls himself growing into a potential 2nd option he can't continue having games like this. It's obvious the team wants to develop him into a go to offensive threat but he's not good with volume.

Knox did I speak too soon. Way to go young fella, keep mixing the game up

tiger0330

Legend
They're in a tough situation because if they don't pay him after giving up Saric and Covington they're a lock 6th seed for the seeable future. It's funny how people want to criticize Butler for showing too much personality and bravado but if he plays the lesser role then he's being a wasteful talent.

No wonder some of these athletes act like they do sometimes. Almost can't win!

What would Kawhi look like on their team? Wouldn't Simmons and Embiid have to make room for him? I doubt Fultz is coming back and supposedly Sixers are interested in trading their picks for vet help. They have only 1 way to go
Thats a lot of dough for your 3rd best player, if they make it to the conference finals maybe.

Broadway

All Star
Thats a lot of dough for your 3rd best player, if they make it to the conference finals maybe.

I agree, although Butler is probably their 2nd best player if he was allowed to be. With that being said Sixers won't find a cheaper and better 3rd option and they don't have an alternative unless of course they trade him in about a month.

tiger0330

Legend
Nits has missed at least 4 shots in the paint after nice drives and putting up high pct shots, they'll fall eventually, he's playing well today.

tiger0330

Legend
Nits almost looks as big as Simmons on the floor. Mario makes a nice bounce pass to a cutting KK who dunks it but the boys are down 10 despite some moments of brilliant play. 94--85 after KK makes his FT. 6 mins left.

Broadway

All Star
Looks like Knox, Kornet and Mudiay putting on a show.

Can we now come to the realization Mudiay and Knits should play together? I think they are a wonderful mix of offense defense combo. Man Perry needs to make a trade in the worst way to force Fizdale to do this. I've been asking for this since day 1 of Mudiay trade.

mafra

Legend
Can we now come to the realization Mudiay and Knits should play together? I think they are a wonderful mix of offense defense combo. Man Perry needs to make a trade in the worst way to force Fizdale to do this. I've been asking for this since day 1 of Mudiay trade.

Yes. What?s wrong with molding Knits into a Gerald Wilkins / Bruce Bowen type SG?

tiger0330

Legend
They didn't win but a lot of positives from the game. Kornet, KK and Nits looked good. Dotson had 3 freebies with 10 secs left and the Sixers with a 5 pt lead. He made the first 2 and Fiz called for him to miss the 3rd from the sideline since they were out of TOs and he misses it so Mudiay gets the RB for an attempt at a tying 3 but he misses. KK with a career high 31, Kornet with 23. Nits looked good, Fiz a well coached game.

Broadway

All Star
5 assists for Knits. 8&5 feels like a triple double.

He was solid today, played with pace stayed aggressive on offense. Needs to find out how to get his shot off in the paint better but has found 1 thing I believe with using his length on extending to the rim on layups. Not sure why he gets his shot blocked as much as he does with his size and length.

tiger0330

Legend
5 assists for Knits. 8&5 feels like a triple double.
He missed a lot of bunnies. You have to think they go in eventually. B is right, why play THJ, if you're going to develop the young guys DEVELOP the young guys. I'd use the Hardaway hammy to keep him on the bench for as long as I can and play Knits as much as I could.

mafra

Legend
Mudiay struggled to finish first few years... tough for 19/20 yr old to get used to contact in the paint. We can only hope he improves this area....