Game-Thread Brooklyn in the House !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Plus 17 advantage at the line for the Nets was the difference but if the Knicks could shoot better than 50 pct it would help.

mafra

Legend
Yes! FT disparity not the killer, it was us missing 7/16 we attempted.

Missed goaltending and BS offensive foul on Portis were huge momentum swings too, for I believe Nets hit 3s going the other way in both possessions.

Kiyaman

Legend
In the final 3 minute of the game Nets lead (88-96) .. Fizdale's thoughts are if we hit 2 or 3 in a row 3-ball shots on the next 3 offensive possession it would put the Knicks and the MSG crowd back into the game, and what happen Morris & Ellington gives Fizdale the threee 3-ball shots in a row .. and greedy Fidale wants one more 3-ball shot, instead of a quick 2, but Frank missed the 3-ball shot that could have given our PUPPET coach Fizdale his 22nd win as a Knick in 2 seasons !!!

mafra

Legend
Another campaign we 10 games under .500 before the 20 game mark.

Fiz talking about how Ellington?s Heat started 11-30 then went 30-11.
Lol! That ain?t happening here coach.

mafra

Legend
I read this:

? Fizdale courted controversy early when he started Kevin Knox at shooting guard in place of a sick RJ Barrett. The experiment failed, as it was destined to do. Brooklyn jumped out to a quick lead before New York?s bench rallied. Knox started the second half, picked up his fourth foul, and never returned. Fascinating coaching decision.?

It sounds like this is where the rift is between Fiz and Perry. Perry wants Fiz to play his pick but coach has him in the dog house.

Sounds like some internal stuff going on... why else would he go from dog house to starter? Obviously, Dotson should?ve started... Knox is lost right now.

So, another game Fiz throws away for stupid rotations....

mafra

Legend
Imagine if Richard Jefferson played for the Knicks?

The former Net from 2001-08 joked that he knew his time in the NBA would be over if New York were to express interest.

Jefferson retired after the 2017-18 season with the Denver Nuggets, but sarcastically said on the YES Network broadcast of Sunday's game at Madison Square Garden in New York between the Knicks and Brooklyn Nets that the former gave him a call before he decided to end his 17-year career.

"I refused to play for the Knicks," Jefferson said with fewer than 12 minutes left in the second quarter as the Nets led the Knicks 29-25. "Like, Jason Kidd and Kenyon Martin -- they don't really care. Me, I was the one person that said, 'Knicks? No, I'll retire.' That's why I retired. They were the one team that offered me a job. I decided to retire."

Kidd (2001-08) and Martin (2000-04) were known for their successes with the New Jersey Nets and later played for the Knicks, but Jefferson would not do the same.

"It's true," Jefferson said. "I decided to retire instead of play for the Knicks. It was true."

tiger0330

Legend
Another campaign we 10 games under .500 before the 20 game mark.

Fiz talking about how Ellington’s Heat started 11-30 then went 30-11.
Lol! That ain’t happening here coach.
I wonder if the front office is still going to fire him after that hatchet job they did on him after the CLE game? Perry and Mills have to see its the roster more than Fizdale, maybe they wait to see what Bullock brings to the table before making a decision on Fizdale.

mafra

Legend
Well, it appears the state of union after 20 will be same as after 10 games... 2-8 and 2-8 equals 4-16.

Somebody posted this:

? Knicks had more FGs than the Nets, shot better FG%, had more 3pt makes than the Nets, had better 3pt%, had more rebounds than the Nets, more blocks? but we were outscored by 18 at the FT line. Nets shot 34 FT, Knicks shot 16. Knicks had 29 fouls called on them, Nets had 16 fouls called on them. It?s not the full story, but it?s a big part of it.?

Fiz is getting less out of more talent... On pace for another 17 win season.

Problem isn?t necessarily Fiz tho. He was hired bc they thought he would attract star players.... He took job bc he thought star players would be signed. Stars aren?t here... ergo, Fiz won?t be here when next season starts... but, if there?s justice, neither will Mills or Perry.

Broadway

All Star
I read this:

“ Fizdale courted controversy early when he started Kevin Knox at shooting guard in place of a sick RJ Barrett. The experiment failed, as it was destined to do. Brooklyn jumped out to a quick lead before New York’s bench rallied. Knox started the second half, picked up his fourth foul, and never returned. Fascinating coaching decision.”

It sounds like this is where the rift is between Fiz and Perry. Perry wants Fiz to play his pick but coach has him in the dog house.

Sounds like some internal stuff going on... why else would he go from dog house to starter? Obviously, Dotson should’ve started... Knox is lost right now.

Remember how I said this pick never made any real sense as to why we drafted him? It came down to Knox being more competitive during a workout and I was like why did they use the workout as the final decision maker vs what they saw overall as a talent?

I figured Bridges(Miles) was better based on film(so far he is) by what they accomplished in college. Knox was knocked for a having a "low motor" and disappearing during the action(he does). Now is Knox better than what we've seen so far...probably so but not at the expense of the team in order to find out, he isn't.

I said the same of Trier and Robinson, although in Trier's case he was undrafted. Robinson is a project and we wouldn't know what we have until 3yrs later and Trier was really just a side show player.

Stank Frank got schooled by Dinwiddie tonight(he's not even that good) and he absolutely sucks as our starting point guard. Imagine if Stank was good as Dinwiddie(I believe he was undrafted too, I could be wrong)?

We have the worst offense in the league(offense efficiency) and we usually start games slow. We have to dumb down the system in order for certain players to play and he's one of them. I thought maybe he'd be Rondo...not really even close

Marcus Morris is our best player when he should be our 3rd or 4th...Randle is a huge disappointment, he should be our best player

Hopefully Fizdale gets whacked during Thanksgiving break(maybe before the Celtic game)...This team is AWFUL!

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
S.Bondy (NY DN)

Frank Ntilikina has been drawing big praise for his play lately, but his glaring deficiency ? his sporadic jumper ? cost the Knicks in a big spot.

The Frenchman clanked a wide-open trey that would?ve tied the game with 44 seconds remaining, leaving the Knicks to absorb another defeat Sunday night, 103-101, to the Nets.

?Great, great look. Great possession. Great pass from Taj (Gibson). Wide open. Missed it,? Ntilikina said. ?Now next shot I got to go back in the gym and be ready to take that shot the next time.

Ntilikina missed four of his five 3-point attempts against the Nets, dropping his season percentage to 32%. His big attempt would?ve capped an inspired run and given the Knicks their first tie since early in the third quarter. The Garden was itching to explode when the 21-year-old lined up from the corner.

?In my head it was in,? he said. ?Even if I missed a couple shots before I was ready for this one. I missed it. It?s part of the game.?

Ntilikina, who finished with eight points in 32 minutes on 3-of-11 shooting, was also responsible for guarding Brooklyn?s leading scorer, Spencer Dinwiddie.

The Nets? plan was to switch Ntilikina off Dinwiddie via screens, and the Nets guard, who finished with 30 points, ate at the foul line with 13 made from the charity stripe. Ntilikina said Dinwiddie was good at working the officials.

?He?s just a really talented player offensively who knows how to create contact and play with the referees,? Ntilikina said. ?He?s really smart getting to his arms and he?s really good on touches going to the basket so another talented guard we had to face. So it was a challenge.?

Both Dinwiddie and Nets coach Kenny Atkinson gushed about the opposing point guard.

?Frank is a phenomenal defender,? Dinwiddie said. ?He makes it as tough as the elite guys in the league: He?s in that class. I was able to shoot a lot of free throws, attack in transition. It?s not like I had 30 just on Frank. Frank did a great job, made me work all night. It was tough. He is a great defender.?

Broadway

All Star
I wonder if the front office is still going to fire him after that hatchet job they did on him after the CLE game? Perry and Mills have to see its the roster more than Fizdale, maybe they wait to see what Bullock brings to the table before making a decision on Fizdale.

If this is their line of reasoning they should be fire immediately with no opportunity to ever work in the NBA again. Our roster is an issue but we shouldn't be dead last to near last in many main statistical categories

Broadway

All Star
S.Bondy (NY DN)

Frank Ntilikina has been drawing big praise for his play lately, but his glaring deficiency — his sporadic jumper — cost the Knicks in a big spot.

The Frenchman clanked a wide-open trey that would’ve tied the game with 44 seconds remaining, leaving the Knicks to absorb another defeat Sunday night, 103-101, to the Nets.

“Great, great look. Great possession. Great pass from Taj (Gibson). Wide open. Missed it,” Ntilikina said. “Now next shot I got to go back in the gym and be ready to take that shot the next time.

Ntilikina missed four of his five 3-point attempts against the Nets, dropping his season percentage to 32%. His big attempt would’ve capped an inspired run and given the Knicks their first tie since early in the third quarter. The Garden was itching to explode when the 21-year-old lined up from the corner.

“In my head it was in,” he said. “Even if I missed a couple shots before I was ready for this one. I missed it. It’s part of the game.”

Ntilikina, who finished with eight points in 32 minutes on 3-of-11 shooting, was also responsible for guarding Brooklyn’s leading scorer, Spencer Dinwiddie.

The Nets’ plan was to switch Ntilikina off Dinwiddie via screens, and the Nets guard, who finished with 30 points, ate at the foul line with 13 made from the charity stripe. Ntilikina said Dinwiddie was good at working the officials.

“He’s just a really talented player offensively who knows how to create contact and play with the referees,” Ntilikina said. “He’s really smart getting to his arms and he’s really good on touches going to the basket so another talented guard we had to face. So it was a challenge.”

Both Dinwiddie and Nets coach Kenny Atkinson gushed about the opposing point guard.

“Frank is a phenomenal defender,” Dinwiddie said. “He makes it as tough as the elite guys in the league: He’s in that class. I was able to shoot a lot of free throws, attack in transition. It’s not like I had 30 just on Frank. Frank did a great job, made me work all night. It was tough. He is a great defender.”

Sexton/White/Dinwiddie/Graham/Mills/Murray/Snell

Tell me which one of these players are All-Star/ALL-NBA caliber? We are falling for the ole banana in the tailpipe. We were told if we played Stank our defensive woes would rapidly disappear and looks like we're trying to have it both ways as it's being sold every which way

I've watched too much basketball for too long to fall for any of this crap. Wait until he gets to the "really talented guards"

tiger0330

Legend
If this is their line of reasoning they should be fire immediately with no opportunity to ever work in the NBA again. Our roster is an issue but we shouldn't be dead last to near last in many main statistical categories
Now I'm reading they may make the decision to tank by Dec 15 and start trading the guys they picked up in the off season. In which case Fizdale is making a pitch for his job saying the Nets took 4 years to develop their young players and build a roster.

Kiyaman

Legend
I read this:

? Fizdale courted controversy early when he started Kevin Knox at shooting guard in place of a sick RJ Barrett. The experiment failed, as it was destined to do. Brooklyn jumped out to a quick lead before New York?s bench rallied. Knox started the second half, picked up his fourth foul, and never returned. Fascinating coaching decision.?

Sounds like some internal stuff going on... why else would he go from dog house to starter? Obviously, Dotson should?ve started... Knox is lost right now.

Fizdale is the Knicks front-office PUPPET on a string .. everybody and their mama knows Dotson should've been the starter SG from day one of the season, except the Phil HATING Knicks Front-Office !!!
This act of putting POOR performing Knox in the starter lineup (for Injured RJ) confirm the conspiracy of the front-office jealousy of Phil's players .. in two season Fizdale has never put Frank & Dotson in a lineup to get the chance to become the Knicks tandem back-court guards.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
It is as if Fiz is trying to find the lottery ticket in playing people out of their natural position to eventually say that he created something special, why all our players looks out of place on the court, are we the only team who have the Power forwards dribbling the ball and directing the offence? do you feel that Knox is very raw and needs to be coached in his natural position to flourish rather than playing as a guard?!
if we can't beat a team like the Nets with their star player on the bench, who can we beat, will we keep experimenting with players outside their position till we end with 16 wins season?

mafra

Legend
Sexton/White/Dinwiddie/Graham/Mills/Murray/Snell

Tell me which one of these players are All-Star/ALL-NBA caliber? We are falling for the ole banana in the tailpipe. We were told if we played Stank our defensive woes would rapidly disappear and looks like we're trying to have it both ways as it's being sold every which way

I've watched too much basketball for too long to fall for any of this crap. Wait until he gets to the "really talented guards"

Dimwitty was a second rounder (DET).

?Dinwiddie might have ended up a very interesting Knick if they?d (Phil) drafted him early in the 2014 second round instead of Cleanthony Early, currently hooping for Atomerőmű SE in the Hungarian Nemzeti Bajnoks?g I/A.?

Yeah, average to good guards destroy us... To defend Frank, we switch in everything... so they sent a pick, we switch, then G takes our big for a ride.

Not like it was straight up Mano y Mano.

Sad state of affairs when the only thing you have to root for is MAYBE a guy like Frank us a bench role player down the road when we get better...

Maybe MItch and RJ are starters.... maybe....

That?s about it.

As a Broncos fan, too, man... some terrible offense lately between these two clubs.

As for Fiz, it?s hard to rag on the dude bc look at the roster he was given. Mills and Perry promised a big free agency this Summer.... to go with KP. He didn?t sign up for this.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
The last time the Knicks were good, they were 13-4 after 17 games. On December 5, 2012 they rode a not-fake comeback to a 100-98 win over the Charlotte Hornets. Carmelo Anthony led the way with 23. Tyson Chandler had 18 and 17. Ronnie Brewer started that night. So did Kurt Thomas.

Since then, the Knicks have not been good. Their records after 17 games from 2013 through this season: 4-13, 4-13, 8-9, 8-9, 10-7, 4-13, and 4-13 yet again after a 103-101 loss to a Brooklyn Nets team missing Kyrie Irving and Caris LaVert.

mafra

Legend
Fizdale lamented the amount of ?touch fouls?? he?s seeing and said the difference in the game was the ?foul discrepancy.? On Sunday, the Nets shot 34 free throws to the Knicks? 16. The Knicks were called for 29 fouls to the Nets? 16.

Homecourt advantage isn?t what it was once.

?You?re going to touch a guy,?? said Robinson, who scored six points and had three rebounds. ?Did I aggressively touch him or did I tap? I just think it?s because we have New York across our chest.??