Other NBA games and League

Kiyaman

Legend
Westbrook to Washington for John Wall and a 1st round pick.

HOF Westbrook plus Beal makes the Wizards a playoff team the next 3 seasons.

John Walls 3 yr. $133M contract is a JOKE LMAO

Westbrook a Knick for the next 3 yrs would've been a Knicks fans winning dreams.

tiger0330

Legend
James Harden is holding out? If true, that’s not a good look.
Not sure holdout is the right term. He’s under contract and he’s missed a couple of practices but you knew this might happen when he turned down a 2 year 100M extension and wanting the Rockets to trade him to the Nets. It’s on The Beard, if I were him I’d give that Wall/Harden duo a chance to see if it works.

Paul George gets massive extension to stay with Clippers. Could make almost 50 million in 2024-25 season. Keep in mind that Paul George is already 30 years old.

jaysolo88

Rookie
Paul George gets massive extension to stay with Clippers. Could make almost 50 million in 2024-25 season. Keep in mind that Paul George is already 30 years old.

I am assuming their season will not end the same.

Just check on *advertising removed* and Clips are still ranked 4th fave!?

I guess losing Houston helps but how can anyone predict anything?

Last edited by a moderator:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks reach five-year, $228M supermax extension

Back-to-back NBA MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo has committed to the Milwaukee Bucks long-term.

Antetokounmpo's agent, Alex Saratsis, told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski that it will be for the full five-year, $228 million supermax, including an opt-out after the fourth year.

"This is my home, this is my city," Antetokounmpo posted on Twitter and Instagram on Tuesday. "I'm blessed to be able to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...bucks-reach-five-year-228m-supermax-extension

Broadway

All Star
What happened to the Knicks Preseason Game Thread?

Anyways supposedly Thibs recently made a statement that the Knicks need to be aggressive in finding a star

Maybe I saw the quick excerpt from Stefan Bondy...can?t remember

Needless to say Thibs is already making it clear Knicks need to get serious about winning and cap space may not necessarily be our friend right now

Kiyaman

Legend
What happened to the Knicks Preseason Game Thread?

Anyways supposedly Thibs recently made a statement that the Knicks need to be aggressive in finding a star

Maybe I saw the quick excerpt from Stefan Bondy...can’t remember

Needless to say Thibs is already making it clear Knicks need to get serious about winning and cap space may not necessarily be our friend right now

Dum Dum Thibs are late for dinner again, the majority of the food is gone and what's left has been put-up and cold.
Thibs should've been making demands before he signed a 5 yr 21.5M contract.
Greed$ Greed$ Greed$ .. at the age of 62 Tom Thibs showed all his GREED when he signed on to the Knicks. Several months after Thibs signed his big contract with the Knicks he wants to make demand on changing the Knicks team, after the draft and FA market. When all Thibs had to do was watch 2 or 3 of the Knicks games last season, before he signed on as a Knick head coach .. GREED !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
I am assuming their season will not end the same.

Just check on *advertising removed* and Clips are still ranked 4th fave!?

I guess losing Houston helps but how can anyone predict anything?

Wow! Paul George getting paid in LA, after the Bubble. Good for him.
I recall both of the teams (Pacers/OKC) that traded Paul George did better with the player they traded for him.
Paul George is a NBA top scorer in the regular season games however, don't bet $$$ on him in the postseason games lol
In the upcoming season Kawhi has to do extra-overtime in every practice working-out with Paul George to make him a weapon in a post season series. Why?

It's very easy to defend a player (Melo/Paul) who doesn't have a quick-step dribble move, plus keep using the same first step fake jumper on either side of the court in a series having 3 or 4 games in a week.

mafra

Legend
The Clippers will use "a few sets" in the triangle offense this season, because Kawhi Leonard "expressed a desire to perform in the triangle."

?We have put in two or three sets of the triangle and let Kawhi play in those spaces where Kobe and Jordan played,? said coach Tyronn Lue. It sounds like these sets will be used sporadically, perhaps when the halfcourt offense stagnates, but it's still a great indication that Lue is steering the offense toward his stars, Kawhi and Paul George.

Rotoworld

Kiyaman

Legend
The Brooklyn Nets are owning the House of NY by having a 26 pt WIN over GSW 125-99 in the first game of the season.
The Durant Brooklyn Nets high performance are looking to be the King of the Atlantic Division.

The LA Clippers beat the LA Lakers in their first meeting in the regular season again 116-109 .. however, the game looked kinda lop-sided having Harrell rebounding and scoring a double-double for the Lakers.

mafra

Legend
Rotoworld

Ja Morant looked like a superstar in Wednesday's 131-119 season-opening loss to the Spurs, dropping a career-high 44 points with nine assists, two rebounds, two steals, one block, one triple and one turnover.
So yeah, the Ja we saw in the bubble took yet another leap. The only other player in history to record a higher scoring total in the first game of his second season is Elgin Baylor with 52 points, foreshadowing what could be a truly epic season for Morant. If he develops a reliable jumper, the league is going to be in serious trouble because they are already having a tough enough time keeping him out of the paint -- he was fifth overall in drives per game last season, shooting 56% inside of five feet. Fantasy managers paid a premium for a reason with Morant having an ADP of 26 this season.

Kiyaman

Legend
In their first game of the season the Atlanta Hawks took a 24 pt lead over the Chicago Bulls at half-time, and boost their lead to a 36 pt lead at the end of the 3rd quarter.
Mr. Trae Young is the real-Deal scoring 37 pts, 6 rbs, 7ast, and 5-6 from the 3-ball line in 25 minutes tonight, plus the Hawks dynamic winning performance haven't played this well since the Doc Rivers & Dominique Wilkins show in the 1990's

This is the 3rd season after the famous draft night trade of Doncic for Trae Young, and still the trade is even over the two all-star players.

mafra

Legend
Maybe we should?ve signed GH.... He has monster game and leads CHA to victory over Nets.

KD missed shot at end. Nets down by as many as 16 in the 4th.

mafra

Legend
Tyrese Haliburton shot 5-of-7 from the field in Tuesday?s win over the Nuggets, scoring 13 points with three rebounds, six assists, three steals and three 3-pointers in 25 minutes.

Haliburton was excellent Tuesday night, even knocking down a 3-pointers from a range rarely visited by players not named Curry, Lillard or Young. The rookie guard played well enough down the stretch that Luke Walton left him on the court to close things out, with Marvin Bagley (23 minutes) losing out on playing time as a result. Will there a come a point this season when Walton decides to move Haliburton into the starting lineup? That?s a tough question to answer, especially when it comes to figuring out who would sit. But at the very least, Haliburton is playing well enough to be trusted to finish games.

Toppin, the kid from Israel, Okoro, and Halliburton are gonna be compared to one another thru the early part of their careers.

Oppin apparently not as NBA ready as this kid...

mafra

Legend
Ball had it going on, as the rook beats Doncic and the Mavs.

Suddenly, Mavs are 1-3. Imagine if...?

Imagine things just work out well for the Knicks, finally. Mavs finish 27-45, hit lottery gold. NYK find themselves with 2 top 15 picks in this epic draft coming up in 2021!

Thibbs has the ship sailing in the right direction...

Imagine if...

tiger0330

Legend
John Wall made his debut in Rox uni and scored 22 pts with 9 dimes giving the Rox their first win of the season. The newly acquired CWood had 21_pts. This team maybe better than the Russ team of last year, Boogie in a reserve role but if they can integrate him into a larger role this team may surprise and convince Harden he should take that 100M extension to stay in Houston.