Burks new starting PG. Walker out!

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
I never expected RJ to me a Morant or Mitchell.......The knicks mismanagement of not getting a star leader on the court is what RJ did not get. I bring up Randle because I love his hardworking but at this point he aint showing RJ leadership.
anyway it what it is and lets hope RJ is what we think he will be and not a bust as you think .Not getting Cousins was a Mistake. Brilliant move by the Bucks.

You keep wondering what in the world is the F.O. thinking about when it comes to players like Cousins. We could have had him for nothing. Talking about bargain basement price.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
You keep wondering what in the world is the F.O. thinking about when it comes to players like Cousins. We could have had him for nothing. Talking about bargain basement price.

Maybe they were afraid of Locker room chemistry,,,,,,,,,,,so lets just bench walker instead ........F.O. will never change. I love the Knicks but its hard to see a plan insight to be a Championship Team.

Kiyaman

Legend

The Knicks (Leon/Perry) FO, has to come out of their sleeping-room to do some NBA work on the Knicks Covid protocol players building-up. FA walking players (Dotson) are needed quickly to fill the roster for the sold out crowd at MSG.
The direction and 99% of all the decision-making the Knicks team make on the court and practice throughout the 2021-22 season (Lottery or Playoff) .. has been given to coach Thibs and allstar Randle at the start of the 2021-22 season.
1- Not playing the youngster in the preseason games.
2- Kemba and Randle not sharing the ball together to score.
3- Starter lineup look terrible.
4- Starter PG-Kemba is kicked out of Thibs rotation.
5- The Covid Protocol and injury to D.Rose forced coach Thibs & allstar Randle to put Kemba back into the starter lineup in the Knicks past three games. And Kemba has average 30 pts & 6 Dimes per game making Thibs & Randle decision making in 32 games the same worth as the Knicks 14-18 record as a 12th seeded team in the East.

And the 6.10 Cousins the past 3 seasons put more energy & effort into shooting the 3-ball than he did at grabbing a rebound, or defending the paint. The Bucks had to give Cousins a couple of tapes of season injured Lopez movements on court in coach Budenholzer offense/defense to practice before signing Cousins. Plus .. A lot of our losses this season were from Randle & Kemba not feeding the ball to any of our big men to score inside the paint. Obi played 13 minute to get 2 pts from the FT line last night. Now Obi in a lineup having D.Rose & Quickley we would see 1 or 2 highlights in 13 minutes.
The Knicks need a PG that can dumb the ball down low a few times in the game to make the young MitchRob perform like a beast again.

metrocard

Legend
In the last 4 games Kemba Walker has played 160 minutes and has committed 4 turnovers. He's also averaging over 8 rebounds per game at 5"11. Kinda crazy how efficient he's been on the boards and limiting mistakes, tight handles and ball security at it's highest level here. Helps the flow of the offense so much.

Don?t be afraid to be blunt. I'm metrocard, don't take it personal. But please be afraid to write a lot and say nothing, you could of summed up that post in two sentences.

Can you answer my following questions with dodging?

Who are "those"?

What is existent on the Knicks? (in your first paragraph, explain because you make no sense)

I justified why RJ is better than:

Frank Ntilikina
Eflriid Payton
Dennis Smith
Alonzo Trier
Reggie Bullock
Kevin Knox
Wayne Ellington
Damyean Dotson

with video proof, statistics, literal game evaulation.

You didn?t.
You didn?t say any reason why those following players were a ?challenge? for RJ to even need to fight for a starting sport. That?s just as ignorant as saying LeBron James needed to fight Ira Newbie for a starting spot in Cleveland. Your argument literally has no sense and it?s a reach for you to continue the narrative that RJ isn?t good.

You're a poster on Knicksonline.com, just like me and everyone else.
No one in any NBA training facility or training camp knows you. Stop acting like you're an insider or have experience working for the NBA. You can't just attack someone for "not knowing basketball" or assume their take is invalid because they're not up close in an NBA training facility. You don?t know me personally or anyone in here. Stop assuming people?s background based on your lack of knowledge. People who work in training camps and facilities don?t present takes like you. This is more of a take of the guy everyone ignores at the barber shop when they try to talk sports, not someone who works in training camps and if you did or do, please present your history since apparently you rather talk about that than RJ Barrett himself. Just seems like gas lighting and total cop-out to avoid basketball discussion and just do some lame measuring contest. I?m not here to compete with you so lay off the ish that has nothing to do with RJ being a bad defender. I know what I wrote. I listed 8 players that RJ was clearly better than, even before he entered the NBA and today in 2021, where are those players? You?re not answering questions. You?re avoiding them just to post, which kills your argument even further because you?re wasting a post and not answering anything.

Your argument would make more sense if it was Eddie Jones vs Kobe. But it doesn?t. Reggie Bullock can play his heart out, but it doesn?t matter in the end of the day. RJ was and will be the superior talent. RJ wasn?t just some undrafted rookie. He was the #3 pick. Why do you assume RJ went to training camp and didn?t work for his? Were you at the Knicks training facility? Please answer this.

Were you at the Knicks training facility? Please answer this.

It?s safe to say you weren?t and your entire post is based on ASSUMPTION. Baseless.

?**Ever been in a training camp or any kind of sport competition where you compete for position. I Doubt IT!!?

Again you don?t know my history or anyone?s history here. Stop making ignorant statements because for what reason who knows. You?re not an athlete, you?re posting on a forum. I?m not here to brag. You shouldn?t neither. Athletes and competitive people don?t go on forums and bragging about their accolades. I?m secure and safe with mines. If you want to get to know me, send me a private message instead of make yourself look senile.

?You got RJ competing with PG and he can?t handle the ball or ever played that position.

Ok, it the start of the season and the first game. RJ is at PG, seriously!! Trier is at SG. Do you remember what happen doing that game? It was a disaster at PG!! I think he stayed at PG for a couple of series and Payton was put in.

Next game RJ is at SG. How?? Didn?t he win the PG?? Again do you know training camps? You don?t normal compete for but one position. So now you have to believe that RJ not only won the PG but the SG, too. Incredible!!?

RJ was 19 and you?re giving an overdramatic take. Theres tons of guys in the NBA today who never played PG at 19 but play it now. It?s called development. Patience. This is where you?re wrong. You can critique RJ all you want, but he was 19 and doing 100% better than 99% percentile of 19 year olds playing basketball on a professional level. He came in as a starter, struggled but evolved and got better. Had a great sophomore year, and had some good games this season.

?When was he already better than Bullock, Ellington, Trier and Dotson? ?

RJ Barrett was better than those guys already at 16. They?re all unemployed or struggling to get minutes, where as RJ is the cornerstone of the Knicks franchise and you gotta hold that.

?Watching videos of RJ playing defense is different than watching him play defense the whole game. ?

Yes, but you don?t do neither.
You don?t watch video footage of RJ so your opinion on him is baseless and when you watch games, you?re watching it from a hater?s lens perspective because you struggle to even describe what RJ?s game is like, because god forbid if you compliment his game, your entire take sinks.

No one on this forum cares if you coached a JV team. You could play ball and still give dumb takes. Charles Barkley and Paul Pierce do it all the time and you was never a professional at what you did. Dude, you somehow took a harmless post and made it about your entire life story. Get over the past, accept you?re old and not remembered and you?re posting on the forums just like me. You hit a game winning shot lol okay cool, but you?re still wrong about RJ.

You spent more time talking about yourself than RJ? Barrett. It?s kinda narcissistic and little diva-like.

You went from saying RJ plays no defense, to saying he plays good defense sometimes after I provided video evidence for you. Don?t you see how that?s swaying how you?re talking now? You?re very quiet now about RJ, which is why you?re talking more about yourself and less about RJ. Like I said don?t take it personal. This isn?t about our personal lives. Chill out because I came here on a promise there wouldn?t be any drama and you?re being dramatic. Literally 0 people on this forum care about your past and it shows. lol not even Kiyaman is agreeing or replying to the long paragraphs about your past. Dude is not even interested and I knew Kiyaman before he came to this forum, I was the guy who invited him. You?re better off just focusing on the topic at hand RJ. Grow up and move on from the past, it?s 2021 and you?re not doing anything in the NBA to act like you know what happens in a professional setting. It just doesn?t have to anything with this post anyway. You think I don?t know basketball? That?s cool. But just don?t have to throw out insecurities because it just kills the vibe of the this thread.

The only believable part of your post

For me, I'l pass on reading another sad tirade about ?well back in my day, blah blah blah?.

Nothing personal, I just rather drama die in this forum asap than it continued. Reply as you wish, I won?t read. I'm sure I'm not the first to put you on ignore. Happy Holidays however.

You being Metro means nothing to me so I was being nice.
Who are ?Those?? Why don?t you read the whole sentence? it was short. It said ?You and those that drafted RJ?. Who drafted RJ, Metro?? I not that hard just say it real slow?. PPPPPPPPeeerrrry & MMMMIILLLSSS. Correct!
Existent on the Knicks? is really to deep for you. Why is he a Knicks? Could we have done better? Did he earn a spot on the roster?

You didn?t justify nothing!! All you did was said he was better. You have to have training camp video and that you don?t have. Do you think the F.O. will let any of that out to the public?
?You didn?t say any reason why those following players were a challenge for RJ to even need to fight for a starting sport(spot)? First of all did it get to be RJ starting spot? Win did he win that before training camp? Second, I say it again, do really think that any Vet is going to let a no-talent rookie like RJ beat them out of a starting spot? When you were in high school do you remember going out to for the football team or BB team. You didn?t make the team simply because you got a good grade in a class. You had to have talent? it just that simple.

?were you at the Knicks training facility?? No!! Never said I was at the Knicks training facility? Being at training would answer a lot of question but since I wasn?t there I have to use my experience and common sense. My experience said I know what it should be, my common sense about the outcome.

?Again you don?t know my history or anyone?s history here. Stop making ignorant statements because for what reason who knows. You?re not an athlete, you?re posting on a forum. I?m not here to brag. You shouldn?t neither. Athletes and competitive people don?t go on forums and bragging about their accolades. I?m secure and safe with mines. If you want to get to know me, send me a private message instead of make yourself look senile?.

If you had been in any training camp or any kind of sport completion where you compete for a position. It would be ?stat?s? and videos and graphs to prove you participated. Instead it he above quote. I do know you. All of your writing say who you are and what you know. I?m not an athlete today or in the near future. Telling something about myself wasn?t bragging? would never do that. But as John Wayne said once ?No Brag? Just Fact?! ?Want to get to know you?. I ALREADY KNOW WHO YOU ARE? YOU TOLD ME!!

?RJ was 19 and you?re giving an overdramatic take. Theres tons of guys in the NBA today who never played PG at 19 but play it now. It?s called development. Patience. This is where you?re wrong. You can critique RJ all you want, but he was 19 and doing 100% better than 99% percentile of 19 year olds playing basketball on a professional level. He came in as a starter, struggled but evolved and got better. Had a great sophomore year, and had some good games this season.

Overdramatic?? It just what happen. I stated as it happen. We aren?t talking about ton of guys, just RJ. If it development why did he stay at PG? But that not the case he was move to SG. So if it was development then where is it because he haven?t play it since to my knowledge? You use 19 as a crutch and excuse for every failure. A starter and that the problem. Don?t you think that coaches should have saw those struggles before the season started? So a horrible rookie season, You say great sophomore year(that debatable), And a so-so this season. That no starting material.
I have watch RJ more than I watch other Knick players because I always want to be fair. I have seen RJ play good defense in one game, just one? no more. The ones on TV and at State Farm arena when I past thru ATL. No ?Rose Color Glasses? the Naked eye.

?No one on this forum cares if you coached a JV team. You could play ball and still give dumb takes. Charles Barkley and Paul Pierce do it all the time and you was never a professional at what you did. Dude, you somehow took a harmless post and made it about your entire life story. Get over the past, accept you?re old and not remembered and you?re posting on the forums just like me. You hit a game winning shot lol okay cool, but you?re still wrong about RJ".
No one has said they didn?t care if I coached a JV in this forum. That info about me wasn?t bragging or anything else. It was just to let you know I do know a little some about this game. NO MORE.. Charles and Paul get paid to miss lead the viewer. I state an opinion base on my BB knowledge. My life story, sorry someone else must have post that. Past, Old and not remembered? OK!! ?Wrong about RJ?? Sorry, NO!!

Quiet about RJ, if you think so, Ok. His play is speaking volume to the type of player. What I said about myself was very little but it bother you? doesn?t It?? I write 2 sentence to let those that might question what I say or know about BB. Just a little background no more. To understand things sometimes you may have to get a little personal. You aren?t doing very well with keeping promises. It?s you that making the drama. I states what has happen with Knicks. You say, No you don?t see that, let me show what to see. I haven?t take it personal. Not one derogatory remark to you. It fun how you can speak for everyone in this forum. I speak for myself. It up to the other member in this forum to decide how they react. Why don?t you let Kiya speak for himself? You have a bad habit of speaking for someone. As you spoke for him one before in another post. How can you say that someone meant this or that. It ain?t you call, sir!! As always you are good at cooking the books to prove a point. I call you out about that before in another post. As for you knowing Kiya, isn?t that you telling about your personal life? Its sound like you want to know that Kiya is your friend and try to be friend with him. I know you have few friends!! I decide what I?m ?better off? focusing on and if that letting those have an insight into why I take those opinions then I?ll post it. ?Grow Up?, I did long time ago. I stop acting like I no something and cooking to the books to prove ?I Know Something?!! I stop lying to myself because I painted myself into a corner because it impossible for any rookie to win 2 starting position. Lying to myself that a rookie can beat out 7 season Vet?s but can?t finish no high than #8 among his rookie?s counterpart in the polling for ROY. Lying to myself that the same rookie can?t make any of the 3 All-Rookie teams. But he can beat out 7 Vet?s with experience but not those on his same level. Who said I was doing anything in the NBA??

?I think you don?t know basketball?? First it not a question!! Secondly, I never said it. To answer it? It a Fact!! You are just like RJ. Both of you want to be something you aren?t cut out to be. It shows in his play and you shows in your posts.

You read my post because you want too. You have read quite a few so they couldn?t have been to sad. You replied back.

You started this so-called drama as you put it.

Ever played BB?? If you have do you know what the term ?Putting someone on your hip?? Maybe you don?t. It?s a low post term for posting another player down on the block. That player is on a swirl, scoring with drop step moves, with spin to basket, with fall aways.
Well, I have you on my hip in this forum. It nothing you can do about it.

Ignore!! You said ?Grow Up?!! Why don?t you use your on advice. You think ignoring me bother me? Seriously!!

Yeah HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Maybe they were afraid of Locker room chemistry,,,,,,,,,,,so lets just bench walker instead ........F.O. will never change. I love the Knicks but its hard to see a plan insight to be a Championship Team.

Never knew Cousins to be a problem in the locker room. Benching Walker doesn't solve the problem at center. When you don't have a center with a jumper then you need one.
Getting some production from a Center like Cousins would certainly help if you trying to win games. Winning changes chemistry in the locker room.

Got another question for you. Did you see Frank play against the Bucks the other night? What did you think? He didn't shoot that good but had 14 pt. He was tried for the most attempts FG.

The Knicks (Leon/Perry) FO, has to come out of their sleeping-room to do some NBA work on the Knicks Covid protocol players building-up. FA walking players (Dotson) are needed quickly to fill the roster for the sold out crowd at MSG.
The direction and 99% of all the decision-making the Knicks team make on the court and practice throughout the 2021-22 season (Lottery or Playoff) .. has been given to coach Thibs and allstar Randle at the start of the 2021-22 season.
1- Not playing the youngster in the preseason games.
2- Kemba and Randle not sharing the ball together to score.
3- Starter lineup look terrible.
4- Starter PG-Kemba is kicked out of Thibs rotation.
5- The Covid Protocol and injury to D.Rose forced coach Thibs & allstar Randle to put Kemba back into the starter lineup in the Knicks past three games. And Kemba has average 30 pts & 6 Dimes per game making Thibs & Randle decision making in 32 games the same worth as the Knicks 14-18 record as a 12th seeded team in the East.

And the 6.10 Cousins the past 3 seasons put more energy & effort into shooting the 3-ball than he did at grabbing a rebound, or defending the paint. The Bucks had to give Cousins a couple of tapes of season injured Lopez movements on court in coach Budenholzer offense/defense to practice before signing Cousins. Plus .. A lot of our losses this season were from Randle & Kemba not feeding the ball to any of our big men to score inside the paint. Obi played 13 minute to get 2 pts from the FT line last night. Now Obi in a lineup having D.Rose & Quickley we would see 1 or 2 highlights in 13 minutes.
The Knicks need a PG that can dumb the ball down low a few times in the game to make the young MitchRob perform like a beast again.

Dotson signing was good new for Knicks not for him. I know nobody force him to sign but coming back to this organization is a problem. They didn't treat me right but I can always use the money and that what it about, huh.

Over in the 'Dallas Knicks' thread I offer a trade with Mav's.
Dallas Get:
MRob
Knox
Walker

Knicks Get:
Brunson
Smith
Powell

What you think??

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Never knew Cousins to be a problem in the locker room. Benching Walker doesn't solve the problem at center. When you don't have a center with a jumper then you need one.
Getting some production from a Center like Cousins would certainly help if you trying to win games. Winning changes chemistry in the locker room.

Got another question for you. Did you see Frank play against the Bucks the other night? What did you think? He didn't shoot that good but had 14 pt. He was tried for the most attempts FG.

I was being sarcastic///////// signing cousins to me was a no brainer..........
Frank will either do or die this season........I was always a fan but who knows,,,,,,

Back tp RJ....do you think in the next 5 years if not on the Knicks he will be an NBA STARTER ?

I was being sarcastic///////// signing cousins to me was a no brainer..........
Frank will either do or die this season........I was always a fan but who knows,,,,,,

Back tp RJ....do you think in the next 5 years if not on the Knicks he will be an NBA STARTER ?

Frank played pretty good last night against the Jazz. Over 30 some minutes a game the last 2 or 3. Don't think it do or die for Frank. Frank looks to have a good PG coach in Kidd. He score in double figure again. But if Kidd saw what I saw last night... his defense was very good. At times Frank was jump from one open player to another. Covering his man then going over to cove someone else man. That 'D'!!

Will RJ be a NBA STARTER on another team outside of the Knicks. NO!! No one else will have a vested interest in RJ. That is the only reason he is starting for Knicks. Perry and Mills now L. Rose have to start him to get any kind of decent number. They have to look good because if he fails then they look like failure... Which they are. If he does have the ball he is invisible. He doesn't effect the game in any other way that isn't much. The amount of minutes do not support the team. Those minutes should be cut by a large amount.

You said, you didn't see a championship in the future for this team. When JAX walk out the door that went all the hopes of a championship. Whether you like JAX or not... He was a Knick and the only person that is a Knick is going to look and do what BEST for a Knick or Knicks organization is another KNICK. So we got shot in the foot by those that don't mean US(Knicks fan or Organization) any good.
Cleaning out top to bottom... Everybody F.O. to Ball Boy(do they have them anymore, lol).

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Frank played pretty good last night against the Jazz. Over 30 some minutes a game the last 2 or 3. Don't think it do or die for Frank. Frank looks to have a good PG coach in Kidd. He score in double figure again. But if Kidd saw what I saw last night... his defense was very good. At times Frank was jump from one open player to another. Covering his man then going over to cove someone else man. That 'D'!!

Will RJ be a NBA STARTER on another team outside of the Knicks. NO!! No one else will have a vested interest in RJ. That is the only reason he is starting for Knicks. Perry and Mills now L. Rose have to start him to get any kind of decent number. They have to look good because if he fails then they look like failure... Which they are. If he does have the ball he is invisible. He doesn't effect the game in any other way that isn't much. The amount of minutes do not support the team. Those minutes should be cut by a large amount.

You said, you didn't see a championship in the future for this team. When JAX walk out the door that went all the hopes of a championship. Whether you like JAX or not... He was a Knick and the only person that is a Knick is going to look and do what BEST for a Knick or Knicks organization is another KNICK. So we got shot in the foot by those that don't mean US(Knicks fan or Organization) any good.
Cleaning out top to bottom... Everybody F.O. to Ball Boy(do they have them anymore, lol).

1. We do not need to debate RJ anymore. One of us will be right. I disagree with you,
2. Jax picked Frank....hmmmmm
3 Dolan calls the shots and as long as he is there that never changes......Melo got a no trade clause.....dont think that was Jax idea. Dolan did not want to lose Melo.
4. I rode down the elevator with Uriji when the all star game was at MSG. I asked about a trade we did but cannot remember and said : " how did you get us to throw in a draft pick " he just laughed......
SADLY this is the Knicks.........We love um but is what it is

1. We do not need to debate RJ anymore. One of us will be right. I disagree with you,
2. Jax picked Frank....hmmmmm
3 Dolan calls the shots and as long as he is there that never changes......Melo got a no trade clause.....dont think that was Jax idea. Dolan did not want to lose Melo.
4. I rode down the elevator with Uriji when the all star game was at MSG. I asked about a trade we did but cannot remember and said : " how did you get us to throw in a draft pick " he just laughed......
SADLY this is the Knicks.........We love um but is what it is
There no debate?correct one of us will be right.

Correct about Dolan, Melo and Jax.

I know you wish that elevator ride was a long one. With just you and him. If he could fell comfortable talking to you. Especially if he didn?t think you were a reporter.
Had a chance to talk with Mills and Perry before a game in the ATL. Mills had a nice personality and answer many questions. Perry is a different story. I wouldn?t truth him no farther than I could see him. Got very bad vibes from him. Asked him about the draft night trade with Clippers for the 12 & 13 picks. He say hear about it. Asked him about MPJ and he looked at me like I was crazy. Saw and talk to him again the next year.