ESPN Top 25 players under 25: No RJ!!

ESPN disrespects New York Knicks star RJ Barrett in NBA 25 under 25 rankings (dailyknicks.com)

Well here is another bit of evident that say 'Drafting RJ was a mistake'. It no secret in this forum how I feel about RJ. There is no electricity or being Transformative or 'Moving the Needle of the Knicks'(He moves it down to be honest). Let me say this first. Some famous person said "I didn't draft RJ". Not sure who it was... it could have been someone in this forum.

It is obvious that most don't know the real value of a #3 lottery pick. Question - if you get just an average player(at best) in RJ at #3.... Where is the Transformative & Move the Needle player(s) coming from??

Now this is his third or fourth snub if I'm correct. Most in this forum see's RJ as a success and a player for the future(what future I would love to know). Those of you that continue to point to his growth as a player but never saying what he earned in practice. I have said many times "What has he earned" and I point to the his rookie preseason and practice.

ESPN have left RJ off the Top 25 players under 25. WHY?? Don't they see what most of you see in this forum? I guess not. Just did make the cut at #8 in the ROY voting. Didn't make any of the Three 3 All-Rookie teams.

Is this what you going to build a team around for next year? Seriously!! When is the championship coming?? What year?? or Years!!

As a team we have a lot of problems. But guess what RJ isn't at the top. Not to say he isn't a problem and he isn't helping the team in no way.

What this team has succumb to is all of the mistakes made putting this team together has manifested. For instance, the year that Obi was drafted. The F.O. had no idea that Randle would have a great year last year. They didn't believe in the paramount player they sign in F.A. the year before. So why draft Obi if you supposedly need a PG(with Frank sitting on the bench). What does this say about the F.O.? Do they know what they are doing? We all should know the answer to that question. So when do you equate their mistakes to not knowing the value of a #3 pick?

Ok, let wish for good news for RJ this summer and the future. Just don't look like his so-called success is fooling anybody.

mafra

Legend
ESPN is still around? Who cares what they have to say?

Bobby Marks, who spent 15 years with the Nets, doesn?t like RJ? Big deal? he leaves RJ off for click bait, perhaps?.

Here?s this year?s ESPN?s NBA 25 under 25:

Luka Doncic ? Mavericks
Jayson Tatum ? Celtics
Ja Morant ? Grizzlies
Trae Young ? Hawks
LaMelo Ball ? Hornets
Cade Cunningham ? Pistons
Zion Williamson ? Pelicans
Bam Adebayo ? Heat
Darius Garland ? Cavaliers
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander ? Thunder
Anthony Edwards ? Timberwolves
Brandon Ingram ? Pelicans
Scottie Barnes ? Raptors
Tyrese Haliburton ? Pacers
Evan Mobley ? Cavaliers
Miles Bridges ? Hornets
Desmond Bane ? Grizzlies
Jarrett Allen ? Cavaliers
Deandre Ayton ? Suns
Tyler Herro ? Heat
Jalen Green ? Rockets
De?Aaron Fox ? Kings
John Collins ? Hawks
Tyrese Maxey ? 76ers
Jaren Jackson Jr. ? Grizzlies

Isn?t Zion 300 pounds? Sat out more games than he?s played.

Kiyaman

Legend
The 20 yr old Anthony Edwards scored 30 pts, and became the Wolves Closer last night for a 109-104 Win over the Clippers.
Although, the young Anthony Edwards Wolves don't have a chance in winning a 7 game series over the 21 yr old Ja Morant's Dynamic Mephihis Grizzles .. You have to give the two young players props in lifting up their teams.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Hawks young 23 yr old super-star PG Trae Young winning experience in the playoff has showed-up in the Play-Ins over the Hornets 20 yr old star PG Lamelo Ball .... The Hawks took a 26 pt lead at the end of the 3rd qtr. to hold that lead throughout the 4th quarter for a Hawks 132-103 WIN.

Lebron & AD & Melo & Westbrook let the No Star roster Spurs team and Pelicans team beat them out of a PLAY-IN spot .. And then FIRED the Head coach !!!
It will sink in

mafra

Legend
LeBron should?ve said YES to DeRozan when he was about to sign with Lakers, and No to Westbrook when he called begging to come?.

DAL and MIN are the 2 spots I see obvious fits for Julius Randle. He would be good at home with Luka? and perfect with KAT, Edwards and Russell.

I bet if he?s moved, he?s going to DAL, MIN, or NO for Zion.

In the initial post I said there was 3 or 4 omissions but only name 3 of them.

The 4th omission is the top 125 players that there is no RJ. To be fair, he did place #8 on the ROY voting but struck out on the other 3.

As for those of you that say I dislike or hate RJ. I have called RJ talent and performance according to what I have seen in his ability. It is obvious that I'm not along in those observations. Is it time for all of you to rethink your views and start looking objectively for the sake of the team. If you haven't notice the team isn't doing very good right now.

Overpaying for a player that isn't worth it at that position in most cases are called a 'Reach'. Shouldn't a #3 overall pick help bond us as Knick fans? There are some of us fans that still know how to evaluate and know talent honestly.

Got some questions.

Why would the N.O. trade Zion??
I myself would have tried to trade out of that #1 spot before the draft or draft night. N.O. had the perfect sucker in the Knicks because they had tank for him. The Pelican should have seen their current state with Zion coming.

Why or What benefit(s) would the Knicks get out of trading for Zion??

Would this be a deeper hole that they are digging??
A Duke team that couldn?t beat Florida International( I think) with T. Falls. How could they even look like an NBA team?
Does anyone see this as a bright future or just an attempt by L. Rose show he doesn?t know what he?s doing??

Don?t everybody answer at once? LOL

mafra

Legend
Why wouldn?t NO trade Zion?

They have CJ and BI now? if Zion takes the extension this summer?. Great. Roll
Dice and hope he stays healthy.

But, what do you do if you?re NO? If Zion won?t sign extension, then he?s walking as a free agent in 2 years. If you wait to trade him in 2024, your return won?t be as big? and what if he?s hurt again next year? Then you lose all leverage and will trade him for 25 cents on the dollar.

Think about it from their perspective. To me, their course of action is obvious. Extend or trade.

I?m not sure I would sell farm for Zion anyway, bc we have Obi and he?s a major risk?.

But, looking at the landscape? If Zion turns down extension and NO then looks to move Zion, to surround CJ/BI with talent?

Then NO is a possibility for Randle or Mitch?. Say, Pelicans ask for Robinson, Evan, Iq and Obi for Zion, plus our lottery pick.

LAK an option? Randle and Evan for Westbrook.

Most likely, PG is solved with Brunson, if DAL won?t pay him.

Would RJ-Zion get me excited? I would prefer Kyrie and Tatum, if I could pair Duke Players? but I see Zion as an upgrade over Obi? so if cost was what I mentioned, I would roll the rice?

Maybe they get Brunson for Randle, Zion for Obi-MRob-IQ than flip RJ for Mitchell?.

We shall see? lots of trades coming bc of their cap situation.

Brunson looked good today, his father Leon Rose?s first client and he plays excellent defense. Not sure adding Brunson and Malik Monk to our young roster makes us a playoff team, but if we go all youth? I would be on board for 1 season of all kids!

First of all, I don't see anyone with star power coming to the Knicks.

I don't see N.O. taking back Randle for Zion. We are the only suckers N.O. has if Zion doesn't sign an extention. The Knicks have nothing to offer N.O. unless we trade MRob for Jaxon Hayes, who I like. Ingram is who I would want along with Hayes. Can we get both I doubt it very seriously?

As for Brunson coming, I don't see that happening because Frank and Bullock are on the team with him. There no way the two of them haven't been in his ear about Knicks. Not to mention THJ. So I don't see it happening because of how the Knicks offense is run.

D.M. isn't coming either but let say he does. D.M. isn't a PG but more of a combo G. The Knicks offense must change to suit anyone that could make a different in the progress of this team.

If any of the above comes to the Knicks they would want the offense to run thru them. Well, guess what... that would be a problem because of the direction that most of you in this forum been wanting. You got a wannabe in RJ and someone new that is coming in and needs the ball. The 'Needle of this team' can't move unless RJ goes not Randle. Before any of you get mad think about it. The Knicks can change the offense and Randle could fit in(this was shown in N.O.). If the offense is change with RJ still on the team then he disappears. RJ needs the ball and a lot of minutes to be just average.

Please answer these questions -- Let say the Knicks get Zion, Brunson and D.M. 'What kind of team will this be'?? 'Where will the chemistry come from'?? Is this more of a 'Frankenstein Team' than the current Knicks team??
Can anyone say 'Championship'??

Ok, let me say this. I believe if the above happen there would be a chemistry problem that can't be solved. CAN'T!! In the past 3 years of this so-called experiment in foolishness that the F.O. gave us fans. No chemistry exist now or will there ever be. The F.O. destroyed the 2nd unit that exist a couple of years ago. That was the last time I seen anything that looks like chemistry.

With an offense scheme that isn't good for team success but only individual player success. The Knicks problems are deep and the only thing that will or can help is a complete overhaul of the organization top to bottom. Get rid of everybody and take penny's on the dollar in order to build a good team. 'Q' is not a PG... He is a streetballer. 'Obi' isn't a replacement for Randle. Grimes wants to shoot to much and is horrible on defense. Those are the youngster and neither are worth keeping especially 'Q' and Grimes. Start with finding good fundamental players for the second unit. Target players that are 6'9" or better in the draft that runs the floor well. I would target MPJ and J. Issac. Two coaches I would target is K.G. and A. Dantley. My F.O. targets would be M.J. and J. West. They are both mad with the Lakers and would be ease to convince to come to NY. With the way things are now a days they could stay in L.A. and come to N.Y. periodically. As for coach, H. Davis is a Knick and nobody is going to look out for a Knick but another Knick. There might not be a 'Transformative player' unless we get lucky with a trade and it bring a #1 that would produce that player. So coaches will have to coach to there talent and having good fundamental players that can hit a mid-range jumper will be key. Become the team that shoot less 3's like Cleveland(I think).

If all of the above doesn't happen. Then good luck for the next 2 to 3 years that is when change will come. Look at how far behind this team is a that point.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
First of all, I don't see anyone with star power coming to the Knicks.

I don't see N.O. taking back Randle for Zion. We are the only suckers N.O. has if Zion doesn't sign an extention. The Knicks have nothing to offer N.O. unless we trade MRob for Jaxon Hayes, who I like. Ingram is who I would want along with Hayes. Can we get both I doubt it very seriously?

As for Brunson coming, I don't see that happening because Frank and Bullock are on the team with him. There no way the two of them haven't been in his ear about Knicks. Not to mention THJ. So I don't see it happening because of how the Knicks offense is run.

D.M. isn't coming either but let say he does. D.M. isn't a PG but more of a combo G. The Knicks offense must change to suit anyone that could make a different in the progress of this team.

If any of the above comes to the Knicks they would want the offense to run thru them. Well, guess what... that would be a problem because of the direction that most of you in this forum been wanting. You got a wannabe in RJ and someone new that is coming in and needs the ball. The 'Needle of this team' can't move unless RJ goes not Randle. Before any of you get mad think about it. The Knicks can change the offense and Randle could fit in(this was shown in N.O.). If the offense is change with RJ still on the team then he disappears. RJ needs the ball and a lot of minutes to be just average.

Please answer these questions -- Let say the Knicks get Zion, Brunson and D.M. 'What kind of team will this be'?? 'Where will the chemistry come from'?? Is this more of a 'Frankenstein Team' than the current Knicks team??
Can anyone say 'Championship'??

Ok, let me say this. I believe if the above happen there would be a chemistry problem that can't be solved. CAN'T!! In the past 3 years of this so-called experiment in foolishness that the F.O. gave us fans. No chemistry exist now or will there ever be. The F.O. destroyed the 2nd unit that exist a couple of years ago. That was the last time I seen anything that looks like chemistry.

With an offense scheme that isn't good for team success but only individual player success. The Knicks problems are deep and the only thing that will or can help is a complete overhaul of the organization top to bottom. Get rid of everybody and take penny's on the dollar in order to build a good team. 'Q' is not a PG... He is a streetballer. 'Obi' isn't a replacement for Randle. Grimes wants to shoot to much and is horrible on defense. Those are the youngster and neither are worth keeping especially 'Q' and Grimes. Start with finding good fundamental players for the second unit. Target players that are 6'9" or better in the draft that runs the floor well. I would target MPJ and J. Issac. Two coaches I would target is K.G. and A. Dantley. My F.O. targets would be M.J. and J. West. They are both mad with the Lakers and would be ease to convince to come to NY. With the way things are now a days they could stay in L.A. and come to N.Y. periodically. As for coach, H. Davis is a Knick and nobody is going to look out for a Knick but another Knick. There might not be a 'Transformative player' unless we get lucky with a trade and it bring a #1 that would produce that player. So coaches will have to coach to there talent and having good fundamental players that can hit a mid-range jumper will be key. Become the team that shoot less 3's like Cleveland(I think).

If all of the above doesn't happen. Then good luck for the next 2 to 3 years that is when change will come. Look at how far behind this team is a that point.

You could have just stopped your post with "
First of all, I don't see anyone with star power coming to the Knicks."

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Julius Randle has a 15% trade bonus in his contract. The bonus is valued at $11.5 million (the Knicks are responsible to pay). If Randle is traded prior to June 30, $2.88 million is added to his salary in the next four years, including his current $19.8 million salary for the current season. However, if Randle is traded after July 6, $3.8 million is applied but now over three years. For example, a Randle trade in July now has the acquiring team taking on a $27.6, $29.4, $31.4 and $29.5 million cap hit.
5 hours ago ? via Bobby Marks @ ESPN

jimkcchief88

All Star
Dumb Raider had taken over the board with his dumb ass opinions. Only an idiot could piss on the one bright spot on our squad. Someone PM me when this idiot stops posting on chief?

Kiyaman

Legend
Julius Randle has a 15% trade bonus in his contract. The bonus is valued at $11.5 million (the Knicks are responsible to pay). If Randle is traded prior to June 30, $2.88 million is added to his salary in the next four years, including his current $19.8 million salary for the current season. However, if Randle is traded after July 6, $3.8 million is applied but now over three years. For example, a Randle trade in July now has the acquiring team taking on a $27.6, $29.4, $31.4 and $29.5 million cap hit.
5 hours ago ? via Bobby Marks @ ESPN

Wow! Who would've thought, after Randle's 4 yr performance as a Lakers would ever receive more than a two year contract from a NBA team.
The New NBA really went down levels below the old NBA.
And the past 20 yr Knicks organization haven't change from giving out several contract$$$ ten times worth it's players performance.
I recall Randle being just a defensive-rebounder, everything else was difficult for Randle on offense/defense for 4 straight seasons on the Lakers !!!
Randle's performance in lineups has made so many PG performance look terrible where the team got rid of the PG asap. Here are a list of PG Randle got rid of ....
PG-Lou Williams, or PG D'Russell (DLo), or PG Alonzo Ball, and PG Payton
Today, all the above PG mention their teams are in the playoff !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Dumb Raider had taken over the board with his dumb ass opinions. Only an idiot could piss on the one bright spot on our squad. Someone PM me when this idiot stops posting on chief?

Randle nor RJ Barrett are the bright-spot of the Knicks 48 min performance ..
The only bright-spot on the 37-45 Knicks 2021-22 season are it's over!

RJ Barrett's performance after 3 seasons in the NBA showed he's still not at the level to be a NBA starter at SG or SF, plus Barrett's talent/skills/and court vision are a 20 minute bench role-player.
The truth was in Barrett's inconsistent performance in his 3rd season.

metrocard

Legend
Only two people on this forum pretend to be against RJ, one is Kiyaman a legend but stubborn whenever RJ has a good game he gives little to no appreciation and the other is basically on everyone's ignore list.

RJ is a very good player. On both ends. An ideal scoring option.

RJ isnt Ant, Luka, Trae, Ja. Etc.

But on a good team RJ would fit right in. Get rid of Randle, who isnt a valid 1st option, give Toppin 28 minutes. RJ numbers will improve. Hes proven he can shoot 40% he's proven he can play defender and drop 40 points at a very young age. Hes far from a finished product so who's ever trying to rank him now is just stupid and unrealistic. We could of had a worst pick at 3. We did good.

metrocard

Legend

Chief my bro I remember back in the days there would be debate battles but they were interesting because both parties would drop facts stats and a little meme and a little fun. Remember the Starbury Isiah wars ? Even with that we just had a fun time. I knew I was hella wrong for the fights I had back in the day and I own all the bans I got. I just keep dude on the ignore list because it kinda unmotivated to post here but notice its pushing away other legend posters like you which blows! nba draft coming up soon brother ! Big day for us.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Chief my bro I remember back in the days there would be debate battles but they were interesting because both parties would drop facts stats and a little meme and a little fun. Remember the Starbury Isiah wars ? Even with that we just had a fun time. I knew I was hella wrong for the fights I had back in the day and I own all the bans I got. I just keep dude on the ignore list because it kinda unmotivated to post here but notice its pushing away other legend posters like you which blows! nba draft coming up soon brother ! Big day for us.

You right Metro you have always been the snake to my mongoose! The Starbury wars were legendary! I miss those days and you right I?ll keep the idiot on my ignore list and keep posting! I can?t hide how disappointed I am with this team this year. RJ was the only bright spot seriously. Looking forward to the draft like always but we gotta get a point guard for real I don?t care if it?s Ricky Rubio.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Randle nor RJ Barrett are the bright-spot of the Knicks 48 min performance ..
The only bright-spot on the 37-45 Knicks 2021-22 season are it's over!

RJ Barrett's performance after 3 seasons in the NBA showed he's still not at the level to be a NBA starter at SG or SF, plus Barrett's talent/skills/and court vision are a 20 minute bench role-player.
The truth was in Barrett's inconsistent performance in his 3rd season.

Give the kid some time Kiya he?s barely drinking age! Year 4 is the key can?t give up too soon. Case in point: Brandon Ingram!