2008 Draft Fantasy Game

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I got an idea. I don't know if it'll work, but here it goes. After we're done with the draft, we can do free agent signings like this:

If a player averaged 5 or fewer points per game, in the 07-08 season, thier salary must be at least between: $330,000- $2,400,000 per year, for up to 5 years.

If a player averaged between 6 and 10 points per game, in the 07-08 season, their salary must be at least between: $2,500,000-$5,000,000 per year, up to 10 years.

If a player averaged between 11 points and 15 points per game, in the 07-08 season, their salary must be at least between: $5,100,000-$9,000,000 per year, for up to 10 years.

If a player averaged between 16 points and 20 points per game, in the 07-08 season, their salary must be at least between: $9,100,000-$13,000,000 per year, for up to 10 years.

If a player averaged 21+ points, in the 07-08 season, their salary must be at least between: $13,100,000-$30,000,000 per year, for up to 10 years.

Reminder: Free agents can always be waived, if you don't want to keep them on your roster, or if you can't find a team to send a player you don't want to keep.

Here's a system for the Rookie Salaries, too:
All GM's must pay their first round picks(1-14) between 2.5 million and 5 million dollars a year, for at least 3 years.

All GM's (15-30) must pay their player between 2.5 million and 5 million dollars a year, for at least 2 years.

All GM's must pay their second round picks(31-60) between $330,000 and 2.4 million dollars, for at least 1 year.

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter
Cool, but one thing on the rookie cap.. This is the official rules of it for NBA in case you want to know: <TABLE class=multicol style="BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="50%">1st-round draft choices are assigned salaries according to their draft position. The first overall pick receives more than the second pick, the second more than the third, and so on. Each contract is for two years, with a team option for the third and fourth seasons (the previous CBA provided for three year contracts with an option for the fourth season), with built-in raises every year to compensate for increases in the average salary.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
We should just use my system. It makes it less confusing. Cause if we use the NBA's system, we're gonna have to make salaries for 60 players. Unless you know a website that already has the rookie salaries set up.

jpz17

Starter
no I mean all rookie salerys should be picked by you guys.. not the gms. 2 years and a team opt for the 3rd. And we should go by the 2007 draft salarys, that way its less work

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
no I mean all rookie salerys should be picked by you guys.. not the gms. 2 years and a team opt for the 3rd. And we should go by the 2007 draft salarys, that way its less work
We are the GM's. This is a fantasy game. Do you know the website that has the 2007 draft salaries?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Cool, once we're done with the draft, we could finish signing the rookies and the free agents. I sent a private message to lanceroy(GM of the Celtics). If he doesn't make his pick by Monday, at 6 PM, I'm going to CPU his pick.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Happy Birthday,
photo_metrocard.jpg

jpz17

Starter
Trade..

haha mine was last Wednesday... but anyway I'm here to inform everyone about a...
Blockbustser Deal

Arter a while of talking, the Suns, Wizards, and Hornets agreed to a deal involving.. Peja, Amare, Butler, West, and Jamison.

NOH gets:
Amare (PHX)
Jamison (WA) He will be signed to 3 years 11 mil each

WA gets:
Peja
Barbosa
Rasual Butler
2009 first rounder (PHX)

PHX gets:
West
Butler

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I feel bad for the Wizards. They lost Jamison and Butler. But at least they got a pick out of it. The trade was aiight.

:alert::alert::alert:THE BULLS AND CLIPPERS HAVE AGREED IN PRINCIPALTO A HUGE DEAL!!!:alert::alert::alert:

BULLS RECIEVE:
  • SHAUN LIVINGSTON (SIGNED TO 7 YEAR-36.2 MILLION DOLLAR DEAL BY LAC) (5 mill a year)
  • BREVIN KNIGHT
  • FUTURE LAC 2ND ROUND DRAFT PICK
  • FUTURE CHA 2ND ROUND DRAFT PICK
CLIPPERS RECIEVE:
  • KIRK HINRICH

GetRealistic

Starter
The Suns are extremly happy with theplayes we added in the recent trade. We hope adding the great talents of the pair of 2008 all stars will help lift us to an NBA Championship.

David West age 28
2008 stats
20.6 ppg
8.09 rpg

Caron Butler Age 28
2008 stats
20.3 ppg
6.7 rpg
4.9 apg

These two players both add scoring, rebouding, and increased defensive ability. Caron Butler and David West are two of the most underappreciated talents in the league, and would have no problem beng role players for the betterment of the team.

Since the team is stuck with Shaq for the next two seasons we decided it would be better to change our team philosophy to more of defensive minded team.

Projected Lineup as of right now.

PG Steve Nash
SG Raja Bell
SF Caron Butler
PF David West
C Shaquille O'Neal

6th man-- Grant Hill, Diaw, Giricek, Strawberry, Tucker, and Donte Greene.

Looking for a solid backup PG and big man.

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter
I tought it was great for me, and the Wiz are a re-building team sort of.. So they should be right on their way

TunerAddict

Starter
We're in clipper mode. Dump all the high salary guys and stay a lottery team year after year while raking in the dough without caring about the fans, lol.

I mean, we're kinda building a run and gun type team since we have shooting forwards and athletic players.