Knicks get Hughes and Wilcox

Good move?

• Total voters

StreetDreams21

I got Soul

That was a talented kid on a talented team (Sonics 03-06ish), and i think he can still be as impactful like he was right there. If he plays like that, we would be definitely make the playoffs. After all, we need a solid center. If he averages 1bpg for the rest of the season, that would really be freakin sweet.
Hey, he'd get more boards than curry/jeffries/rose anyway...

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
We got 2 more active bodies and a free roster spot. It's good to have Wilcox, a pre-set big man, playing. He's obviously nothing to get excited about considering he was 2nd choice behind Nick Collison. I'd like to see Q Rich totally ousted from the line up and have a core of:

Lee
Wilcox
N8
Chandler
Duhon
Harrington
Gallo
Hughes (who'll tussle with Q for those "you used to be good" minutes)

I'd also still like to see N8 traded for Fernandez.
Lee for Stat (though it looks bleak)
Jeffries & Q for a bag of horse shit & a roast lamb?
LMAOOOOOO!! I think Hughes will be a great player in our system. I think around 16-17ppg. FG% Won't be impressive. But i bet we're all happy cause we got rid of our benchwarmers! Smh at the 4 people that don't care in the poll:no:

petescud

Starter
I fell off my chair looking at your pics....Well done

Jerome "where's my seat" James
imagemoneyintoiletlc7.jpg

+

Anthony "I change teams like I change my underwear" Roberson
anthonyrobersonknicksncci4.jpg

+

and Tim "Maybe next time" Thomas
timthomas1be8.jpg

=

gtfonower9.jpg

Larry Hughes is a decent player, no doubt he's streaky and injury prone but the highlight was getting rid of Jerome James, they even took useless Roberson. It's all about 2010-

Up Next:

Eddy Curry + Jared Jefferies

clumsy

Rotation player
Whoa whoa whoa....Let's not overrate Chris Wilcox. His offensive game is very similar to Renaldo Balkman...All that cat can do is dunk. He's pretty garb on d

However he is an effective pick and roll player...He's good enough and better than Rome. He gives Duhon another option for that play. My hope is that he will dip Lee's point total (because Lee's rebounds probably won't diminish, if anything they will go up as we get another chucker). We can sign lee for 7 or 8....which is perfect

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Whoa whoa whoa....Let's not overrate Chris Wilcox. His offensive game is very similar to Renaldo Balkman...All that cat can do is dunk. He's pretty garb on d

However he is an effective pick and roll player...He's good enough and better than Rome. He gives Duhon another option for that play. My hope is that he will dip Lee's point total (because Lee's rebounds probably won't diminish, if anything they will go up as we get another chucker). We can sign lee for 7 or 8....which is perfect

I agree with Clumsy,I have always liked Chris Wilcox as a player.I wanted the Knicks to draft him when he came into the league.Wilcox is better than what people on here think.He is a big body that we need under the rim and imo he is faster than a ordinary big man so that is also a big plus for us in this ofense.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I was going to Maryland when we won it all. I talked to him a couple of times, a pretty cool guy. I always thought Wilcox should have stayed another year, but he left for the draft because he barely had the grades to play. He loves basketball and hated going to school. Basketball was always on his mind and rather then go to school and play basketball, he figured he'd just play basketball.

Gary was able to make Wilcox a great player because Gary is a very intense coach. He even made a slob like Lonny Baxter do something productive on the court.

D'antoni needs to be just as intense with Wilcox.

Wilcox also needs to start in the near future to be the best he can be. He is that kind of player. Doesn't play so hot off the bench.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Not sure how much this trade helps the Knicks except for cap space. Never been a big Larry Hughes fan and when I check out Bulls games, I never see him playing defnse so I don't know where that rumor came from. As for Wilcox his best days where in college. This is a lateral move at best though Hughes can throw up some points at times, but this is a cap move, not a talent move.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I like the fact that they want to clear space towards 2010, but have not quit on the fans for the next season and a half. These players are definitely an upgrade from what we have and they fill much needed voids. Jerome 0 production, malik great personality but not much production, TT was ok.
Now we have a much needed SG and some much needed help @ Center. Who knows if Curry will play another minute this season.

Red

TYPE-A
Simply put: We needed a SG and a C. We got a SG and C and gave up GARBAGE period. And we kept Lee and N8. If this disappoints you...you were looking 4 a quick blockbuster fix and should still be rooting for Isaiah! Good moves Donnie from Da Bronx, keep it up. BTW Kiyamann you keep saying 2010 is a "pipe dream"- you are not accustomed to real management so you don't know what planning ahead is. I want to see you on this site then (hopefully) and see what you have to say after we sign 2 Max Contracts! We will not be detered. Doubt if you will but so far EVERYTHING Donnie is doing is fitting the plan. Roll with us or get rolled over!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
The way I look at the 2 moves that Walsh made is like this: We traded Thomas, JJ and Roberson who all had 1 year left on their contract and except for Thomas, didn't even play, for Hughes who's salary equals all 3 and only has 1 year left as well; so the salary was a wash.... Hughes brings back-court D that the Knicks were badly lacking. Yes, he has had injury problems so if it turns out that Hughes is a bust, what did we actually loose? We still shed the same amount of salary for the 2011 free agency. But, if he excels in Mike D's system, then the Knicks could resign him after they have sign 1 or 2 of the free agents that they are targeting. The same deal for the Rose for Wilcox deal; rose who rode the bench and didn't really contribute is being replaced by a player that adds size and some D. He also lets Mike D put Lee back at the 4 spot. Yes, Wilcox has basically underachieved since coming to the NBA but his underachieving game still adds more than Malik ever did for this team. His contract expires at the end of this year and I doubt that the Knicks will resign him unless he becomes superman these last few months. These 2 moves did not add any salary that would derail the plans for 2011, or made the Knicks trade Lee and they could actually improve this team and make the Knicks more enjoyable to watch while we sit around waiting to see if the Knicks sign LaBron and Bosh....

CoolClyde

Simply put: We needed a SG and a C. We got a SG and C and gave up GARBAGE period. And we kept Lee and N8. If this disappoints you...you were looking 4 a quick blockbuster fix and should still be rooting for Isaiah! Good moves Donnie from Da Bronx, keep it up. BTW Kiyamann you keep saying 2010 is a "pipe dream"- you are not accustomed to real management so you don't know what planning ahead is. I want to see you on this site then (hopefully) and see what you have to say after we sign 2 Max Contracts! We will not be detered. Doubt if you will but so far EVERYTHING Donnie is doing is fitting the plan. Roll with us or get rolled over!

CO-FUKKINGSIGN :beer:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

co-sign 100% :beer::cool:

33EWING6

Rookie
So with the new spots open, is there an NBA rule for minimum players. Just wondering if they HAVE to add players?

jpz17

Starter

Never question Don, hes a very smart man. Although its NYC so he WILL be questioned... But when we win 50 games in a few years... he will be loved, for now donnie is remembered as the "cap cutter"

Knicks fans are blaming D'Antoni just as much though, D'Antoni Is doing everything he can with this roster. To face the truth this isn't his perfect team so I'm actually impressed with him lately.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i think the larry hughes haters should quit there job...the fact that we got rid of Jerome James in the deal makes Hughes look like a decent player. Hes shooting better then he did with the Cavs.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea Jerme is an extra 6.5mil coming off the books so we could put that into resigning Lee and Nate, Thomas is coming off too, no significant money but we could get them back and sign 1 superstar, then next year at the deadline worry about shedding cap to add a second superstar.

JayJ44

Starter
i think the larry hughes haters should quit there job...the fact that we got rid of Jerome James in the deal makes Hughes look like a decent player. Hes shooting better then he did with the Cavs.

co-sign. Hughes will excel here in this system. The Cavs and Bulls are both half-court teams, doesn't fit him. In his prime in Washington, they were also playing at a fast pace. Plus, he is a former all-nba defensive team member. I think the last time we had one of those was Dikembe.