The Knicks Problem RIght Now...

nyk_nyk

All Star
1. I already showed with Wiki that bringing up Gallo is a logical fallacy called a tu quoque but here you are a day later repeating the exact same thing!

Still don't want to touch the Gallo comment huh? lol

That's becuase you know what it will lead to. I'm tying Gallo to our Billups convo yet you keep ducking it. lol

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I figured you would say something like that.

Well in case you didn't know, CB can score 25-30 on any given night and also dish out 8+ assists. You taking his season averages and hard coding it to what he will do every single game. Billups is a smart player and if the opportunity presents itself yes he will shoot the ball and score big. He's also capable of controlling the offense (when acclimated) and making sure guys stay poised down the stretch

And some people can smoke their whole life and not get cancer but no one would claim that smoking is safe.

His averages for both this year and his career are what you judge a player on...not the players ability to go off on any given night. Scrubs go off all the time on any given night...see Mozgov.

Someone brought up Tony Paker as an example. He isn't a pass first PG but guess what, he gets the job done his way and he's a smart basketball player. I'd trust Billups right now over Felton in a game 7 because Billups still has game, the experience and saavy.

Dude, no one is saying that every team must have a pass first PG to win. This is another example of you failing to understand the basic concept that what player X does with team Y has no bearing on what player A does with team B. Duncan and Amare are completely different players and Paker broke down defenses and scored in the paint which is very different from Billups.

I hate to say it but Amare could benefit to develop a post game with or without Billups. Also, Amare seems to prefer the jumpshots these days so he doesn't move as well without the ball. Watch the game tonight and you may notice this. I just don't understand why you call out Billups and not Dantoni for at least trying some different offensive schemes besides the PnR. He's supposed to be the O genius right?

Amare takes jumpshots yes but I am sure he would be most effective cutting to the basket while receiving an assist from a savvy pass first PG. Asking Amare who is in his prime and is an absolute beast to change his game to that of a post up player is not a very good idea. Why not maximize his talents instead of him bending to the whim of a 34 year old rental? Would it be great for Amare to be dominant post up player? Sure but it's highly unlikely from what we have seen from him throughout his career.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Still don't want to touch the Gallo comment huh? lol

That's becuase you know what it will lead to. I'm tying Gallo to our Billups convo yet you keep ducking it. lol

I actually indulged you even though you are guilty of a flagrant illegal debate tactic that would be called out on in any structured debate. Believe me, I debated throughout college.

Again, since you obviously need me to type everything twice:

Gallo was factually injured half his rookie year. Gallo factually was a 21 year old European who needed time to adjust to the NBA. That is very different from me judging Billups, a 34 year old vet on his ENTIRE CAREER and determining he is not suited for our roster. Gallo was an unknown quantity with upside...there is no upside with Billups, he has already developed into who he is and we know what to expect! UNDERSTAND????????? :barf:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Amare takes jumpshots yes but I am sure he would be most effective cutting to the basket while receiving an assist from a savvy pass first PG. Asking Amare who is in his prime and is an absolute beast to change his game to that of a post up player is not a very good idea. Why not maximize his talents instead of him bending to the whim of a 34 year old rental? Would it be great for Amare to be dominant post up player? Sure but it's highly unlikely from what we have seen from him throughout his career.

So what do you expect Billups to do??? He's effective at what he does as well. You have no solution, just complaints.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
will do...

why has billups played so well before comin over to the knicks???? im just curious... when you bring up a PG.. which is an extension of the coach.. if he is suddenly playing bad..isnt it the coaches responsibilty to put him ina position to suceed... not to try to teach and old dog new tricks... becuz billups aint changing... and neither is melo...

Suddenly bad? Playing so well prior to the Knicks?? Uhm, no! He averaged 5 assists and 3 turnovers in Denver this year. Look it up! Case closed.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
So what do you expect Billups to do??? He's effective at what he does as well. You have no solution, just complaints.

Selective quoting for the loss. I am an internet poster who cannot implement any solution but if you want my opinion on a solution I will be happy to give it. Trade or cut Billups after this year, draft a true PG and hope you can find someone to replace him.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
stop stat stuffin.. aight.. was he better on denver ...YES or NO??

Stat stuffing huh? Thats funny, okay he was about the same but you must factor in being on a new team with new players and a new system. My crtique has less to do with how he has played so far but rather what his style brings to our roster even if firing on all cylinders. So we can look forward to an amazing 5 assists and 3 turnovers once he gets acclimated. I get it though, you are hellbent on turning this into an anti-dant discussion. The other 900000000 threads dedicated to that subject just aren't enough for you...

moneyg

Starter
Stat stuffing huh? Thats funny, okay he was about the same but you must factor in being on a new team with new players and a new system. My crtique has less to do with how he has played so far but rather what his style brings to our roster even if firing on all cylinders. So we can look forward to an amazing 5 assists and 3 turnovers once he gets acclimated. I get it though, you are hellbent on turning this into an anti-dant discussion. The other 900000000 threads dedicated to that subject just aren't enough for you...

no..... im addressing the PG position.. is felton still playing well in denver? yes or no??... and bullups was playing better in denver.. thats a fact.. not just stat wise..