The Knicks Problem RIght Now...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
This is just an extension of the I don't like Billups thread made by the same poster. Is someone trying to launch a campaign against Mr. Big Shot?

And all while ignoring the coaching issue. :gony:

This thread was made prior to my Billups thread so your troll fails. Kblack already put you in your place so I will leave it at that.

moneyg

Starter
@alanhahn Alan Hahn

No doubt they will meet for film sessions. RT @meanbarb: Knicks take day off practice today, so Amar'e will get some R&R.

im not just talking about today..im talkin about all the time.. u blind bat

Giving a team the day off has its benefits, although it is interesting that D'Antoni has routinely bemoaned the lack of practice time since the Anthony deal was consummated on Feb. 21. The fact is, the Knicks have had chances to hold plenty of practices and or film sessions but D'Antoni elects not to. For example, over the last six days the Knicks could have held five practices/film sessions and they had just one.
For the past two seasons, D'Antoni has decided not to hold morning shootarounds on game days. The vast majority of teams conduct home and road shootarounds, unless they are playing back-to-back days. A shootaround usually runs from 45 minutes to an hour, although Pat Riley and Phil Jackson are renowned for occasionally going two hours.
The Knicks' only schedule shootarounds on the road, which is one reason why D'Antoni is called a player's coach. But the Knicks' suspect home record the past two years, plus their struggles since adding Anthony and Billups, leave D'Antoni vulnerable to criticism. The Knicks are 19-16 at the Garden this season. They have a rabid fan base but hardly a home-court advantage.
There are 16 teams with better home records than the Knicks, including the Clippers, Jazz and Warriors. At some point, D'Antoni and Donnie Walsh have to address the team's preparation or lack thereof.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ired_knicks_cant_rest_easy.html#ixzz1He3wZ2z8

nyk_nyk

All Star
This thread was made prior to my Billups thread so your troll fails. Kblack already put you in your place so I will leave it at that.

Ok so i guess not enough people were sharing your hate for Billups so you had to go ahead and make another thread with a stronger title. LOL!

Why bring up Kblack? Is it that bad that you need to include your partner just to respond to me? hahaha loser.

Bottom line is that no matter what you come up with, there are probably one or two people who actually agree with you. Your Billups hate will never pick up steam! Get over it! Dantoni must go and Billups is just fine.

Your Billups hate campaign is about as successful as Jesse Jackson's presidential campaign.

nyk_nyk

All Star
im not just talking about today..im talkin about all the time.. u blind bat

Giving a team the day off has its benefits, although it is interesting that D'Antoni has routinely bemoaned the lack of practice time since the Anthony deal was consummated on Feb. 21. The fact is, the Knicks have had chances to hold plenty of practices and or film sessions but D'Antoni elects not to. For example, over the last six days the Knicks could have held five practices/film sessions and they had just one.
For the past two seasons, D'Antoni has decided not to hold morning shootarounds on game days. The vast majority of teams conduct home and road shootarounds, unless they are playing back-to-back days. A shootaround usually runs from 45 minutes to an hour, although Pat Riley and Phil Jackson are renowned for occasionally going two hours.
The Knicks' only schedule shootarounds on the road, which is one reason why D'Antoni is called a player's coach. But the Knicks' suspect home record the past two years, plus their struggles since adding Anthony and Billups, leave D'Antoni vulnerable to criticism. The Knicks are 19-16 at the Garden this season. They have a rabid fan base but hardly a home-court advantage.
There are 16 teams with better home records than the Knicks, including the Clippers, Jazz and Warriors. At some point, D'Antoni and Donnie Walsh have to address the team's preparation or lack thereof.

Funny, this is the info I thought he (kblack) would pay more attention to. Like I said before, dudes need to read more.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Ok so i guess not enough people were sharing your hate for Billups so you had to go ahead and make another thread with a stronger title. LOL!

Why bring up Kblack? Is it that bad that you need to include your partner just to respond to me? hahaha loser.

Bottom line is that no matter what you come up with, there are probably one or two people who actually agree with you. Your Billups hate will never pick up steam! Get over it! Dantoni must go and Billups is just fine.

Your Billups hate campaign is about as successful as Jesse Jackson's presidential campaign.

I'll try to explain so that even a simpleton as yourself can understand:

I recognized that one of our main problems was a lack of a true offensive facilitator so I made this thread. I then started digging a bit on Billups career and got frustrated with his play and came to the conclusion that I not only think we have a problem at PG but that I outright don't like his style of play. Hence the second thread.

I brought up Kblack because I did not want to reiterate his exact points because he said exactly what I would have said in an articulate way and made you look like an emo fool.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Oh please. Everyone forgets so quickly how yall were bitchin bout Felt chuckin shots instead of feeding Amar'e. Then it was he never looks for anyone other than Amar'e. At the beginning of the year Ray had the exact same problemss Chauncey is having is it really that shocking? You guys I really don't understand. They are pretty much an AAU team till you figure out tendencies.

My God I was hoping sombody besides me remembers how much complaining most were doing when Felton slumped for weeks all of the way until he was traded. When Felton's shots were falling no one was really complaining. When he was playing hurt & going 3-13 from the field most were saying he hit his ceiling & were thinking we needed to trade him. Funny how the tide has changed now with some.

nyk_nyk

All Star

I recognized that one of our main problems was a lack of a true offensive facilitator so I made this thread. I then started digging a bit on Billups career and got frustrated with his play and came to the conclusion that I not only think we have a problem at PG but that I outright don't like his style of play. Hence the second thread.

I brought up Kblack because I did not want to reiterate his exact points because he said exactly what I would have said in an articulate way and made you look like an emo fool.

lol... please tell me what exactly is Billup's style of play? Be careful how you answer this :lol:

moneyg

Starter
Funny, this is the info I thought he (kblack) would pay more attention to. Like I said before, dudes need to read more.

if he was objective he would.. but id lump kblack in with toons.. trill.. and isayugh...

they dont wanna read the truth.... just what they believe...

These pro MOA fans will try to spin anything. As long as their boy comes out of it unscathed.

CASE & POINT:

I wasnt on here but I'm sure when JJ was traded last year he was a bum. Now he's the missing piece defensively that we need, rely on.

AR was a bum with no BB IQ now he can get 30 & 11 with a bad team outside of NY.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
lol... please tell me what exactly is Billup's style of play? Be careful how you answer this :lol:

Combo scoring PG who prefers half court sets where he can shovel the ball to the post for an ISO. His style of play is scoring 18 points but only getting 5 assists with 3 turnovers.

I submit that with 2 of the top 5 scorer in the league the last thing you need out of the PG position is coring and desperately need someone who can get those two stars the ball. Especially Amare who is inefficient and turnover prone if he is not fed the ball in the right spot. BTW, thats not a diss on Amare that is recognizing his STYLE and what best suites his game. Even if you disagree do you understand my position? Oh and if you do disagree please articulate a counter argument that directly address my points. Thanks.

I honestly think the Knicks are missing Ray Felton and his loss is the biggest reason why we are struggling. Simply put, Billups may hit the occasional big shot but he is not running our offense with any type of consistency or fluidity. He turns the ball over at crucial times but the biggest problem is where he is getting Amare the ball. This leads to Amare being less effective and more turn over prone than he should be. I hope this changes as he acclimates to NYC since I noticed the same thing with Felton before he emerged as a competent floor general.

Trill say I agree with you. Felton is missed, Billups isnt playing the system correctly. Not only that other players appear not to be taking to this system. This is a bottom line league. Wins vs Losses. You're the coach. What would you do? Try to force feed the system? Or adjust to the players strengths?

nyk_nyk

All Star

A true offensive facilitator was never our MAIN problem. It has always been defense, size and rebounding. The only PG issue we had was finding a good backup to Felton at the time since TD is more of a SG.

How do you get frustrated with Billups play after less than 10 games and an injury? Funny because I can remember you glorifying Gallo when he was struggling and preaching patience to everyone. Billups must have snubbed you on an autograph or something.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
These pro MOA fans will try to spin anything. As long as their boy comes out of it unscathed.

CASE & POINT:

I wasnt on here but I'm sure when JJ was traded last year he was a bum. Now he's the missing piece defensively that we need, rely on.

AR was a bum with no BB IQ now he can get 30 & 11 with a bad team outside of NY.

Jeeez! Pro MDA? This thread has nothing to do with MDA and only the pathological MDA parrots bring him up.

BTW, I am not pro MDA I have said now countless times that a coaching change is in order so please stop with the trolling and debate the PG position if you wish to post in my thread.

Jeeez! Pro MDA? This thread has nothing to do with MDA and only the pathological MDA parrots bring him up.

BTW, I am not pro MDA I have said now countless times that a coaching change is in order so please stop with the trolling and debate the PG position if you wish to post in my thread.

That response was directed at someone that mentioned all the moaning & groaning that was done about Felt during the weeks leading up to the trade.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
A true offensive facilitator was never our MAIN problem. It has always been defense, size and rebounding. The only PG issue we had was finding a good backup to Felton at the time since TD is more of a SG.

How do you get frustrated with Billups play after less than 10 games and an injury? Funny because I can remember you glorifying Gallo when he was struggling and preaching patience to everyone. Billups must have snubbed you on an autograph or something.

Why do you keep repeating the same shit even after I specifically address your assertions?

1. I already showed with Wiki that bringing up Gallo is a logical fallacy called a tu quoque but here you are a day later repeating the exact same thing!

2.I already stated multiple times that I am not judging Billups on just 8-10 games but rather judging his style based on his career and even went so far as to post his stats for you yet here you are repeating the same exact thing!

Yes, defense and rebounding are huge problems too and I dont deny that but they were constants pre-trade and post trade. What's new is our lack of fluidity on the offensive end that makes it near impossible to mitigate those weaknesses you just cited. Do you get that?

If my posts infer that I must have been snubbed by Billups then your posts infer that you were hog tied and raped by MDA while he used hot sauce for lube...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Trill say I agree with you. Felton is missed, Billups isnt playing the system correctly. Not only that other players appear not to be taking to this system. This is a bottom line league. Wins vs Losses. You're the coach. What would you do? Try to force feed the system? Or adjust to the players strengths?

I think it's both. Billups must adapt to Amare and MDA must adapt to having Melo. No one should be adapting to a 34 year old rental though especially since we don't have a realistic chance at winning a chip this year.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Combo scoring PG who prefers half court sets where he can shovel the ball to the post for an ISO. His style of play is scoring 18 points but only getting 5 assists with 3 turnovers.

I submit that with 2 of the top 5 scorer in the league the last thing you need out of the PG position is coring and desperately need someone who can get those two stars the ball. Especially Amare who is inefficient and turnover prone if he is not fed the ball in the right spot. BTW, thats not a diss on Amare that is recognizing his STYLE and what best suites his game. Even if you disagree do you understand my position? Oh and if you do disagree please articulate a counter argument that directly address my points. Thanks.

I figured you would say something like that.

Well in case you didn't know, CB can score 25-30 on any given night and also dish out 8+ assists. You taking his season averages and hard coding it to what he will do every single game. Billups is a smart player and if the opportunity presents itself yes he will shoot the ball and score big. He's also capable of controlling the offense (when acclimated) and making sure guys stay poised down the stretch. Someone brought up Tony Paker as an example. He isn't a pass first PG but guess what, he gets the job done his way and he's a smart basketball player. I'd trust Billups right now over Felton in a game 7 because Billups still has game, the experience and saavy.

I hate to say it but Amare could benefit to develop a post game with or without Billups. Also, Amare seems to prefer the jumpshots these days so he doesn't move as well without the ball. Watch the game tonight and you may notice this. I just don't understand why you call out Billups and not Dantoni for at least trying some different offensive schemes besides the PnR. He's supposed to be the O genius right?

moneyg

Starter

will do...

why has billups played so well before comin over to the knicks???? im just curious... when you bring up a PG.. which is an extension of the coach.. if he is suddenly playing bad..isnt it the coaches responsibilty to put him ina position to suceed... not to try to teach and old dog new tricks... becuz billups aint changing... and neither is melo...