Official Trade Rumors Thread

mafra

Legend
Just b/c nothing has gone down yet.... still a chance KP gets traded.... I wouldn't hold my breath tho....

and1

Rotation player
good post. Teams are going to do their due dilligence and porzingis can be a nice asset on a good team. The knicks are not a good team, and porzingis isn't Towns or Anthony Davis. so where do you go knicks? gather as many assets as you can. I argued with a friend last night who thinks trading a proven young player for another young player with potential is wrong, He wonders when do you stop? I told him you stop when you get the proper assets to build a team together or you get "That guy"... knicks have neither so they really need to do whatever it takes to get one of the two... enough assets to group together immediately or "that guy"..

Knicks need not overvalue porzingis.

idk man, i think i'd have to agree with your friend on this one lol.

and1

Rotation player
well looking at the offer they turned down from the celtics, do you still feel that way?

about trading a proven player for another unproven player with potential? yeah, i do. but the offer from the celtics is different from that, because now we're talking about an unproven player PLUS other guys who are proven. that was a deal that i might've pulled the trigger on. i haven't been keeping track on much of what the other teams have done by way of trades. did the celtics make that trade with anyone else? did they move those assets for anyone else?

mafra

Legend
Ainge is a tightwad when it comes to these trades. Look at what little MIN gave up for Butler? BOS wasn't even willing to give up that much- say Brown, Smart and next year's nets pick.

If BOS has Butler, that's probably enough to convince Heyward to come. But no.... Ainge never trade his assets. So, now.... BOS has nada.

and1

Rotation player
Ainge is a tightwad when it comes to these trades. Look at what little MIN gave up for Butler? BOS wasn't even willing to give up that much- say Brown, Smart and next year's nets pick.

If BOS has Butler, that's probably enough to convince Heyward to come. But no.... Ainge never trade his assets. So, now.... BOS has nada.

if i was hayward i would still consider going to boston. butler of course would've sealed the deal, but i'd still consider it at this point. there's no guarantee the jazz will be able to repeat what they did this past season, although gobert looks like he's only going to get even better. but nevertheless, i don't think the cavs are going to be getting much better. i mean they're already really good, obviously, but i don't see them getting much better. there's a really good chance hayward could make it to a conference championship series if he goes to the celtics. and at that point, who knows what happens?

Broadway

All Star

Hayward-Butler might be overkill...not sure you need both

Minny may have given up slightly more but we're talking The Bulls here...

You know the same team who traded Jusef Nurkic(16) and Gary Harris(19) for McDermott(11)...the same team who traded Taj Gibson and McDermott, 2nd rd pick for Anthony Morrow and Cameron Payne who can't start, can't back up, can't 3rd string, can only sit at the end of a bench and get lost in the stands. Bulls are a nightmare franchise right now and Paxson/Farmar are running it into the ground.

There was a deal to be made with the Celtics but Phil wasn't being reasonable nor does it appear he was serious in dealing #kporzee at present. I think Phil may have been going the route of trying to teach baby boy a lesson

and1

Rotation player
Hayward-Butler might be overkill...not sure you need both

Minny may have given up slightly more but we're talking The Bulls here...

You know the same team who traded Jusef Nurkic(16) and Gary Harris(19) for McDermott(11)...the same team who traded Taj Gibson and McDermott, 2nd rd pick for Anthony Morrow and Cameron Payne who can't start, can't back up, can't 3rd string, can only sit at the end of a bench and get lost in the stands. Bulls are a nightmare franchise right now and Paxson/Farmar are running it into the ground.

There was a deal to be made with the Celtics but Phil wasn't being reasonable nor does it appear he was serious in dealing #kporzee at present. I think Phil may have been going the route of trying to teach baby boy a lesson

i pretty much have to agree with this. he kills two birds. shows KP that phil isn't going to let the inmates run the asylum - although phil is obviously pretty crazy himself, but he is the boss - and does his job by taking calls for possible trade situations. that is part of his job, after all. i mean, come on. you know media heads would've been going crazy if they'd found out that other teams were making offers to phil for a trade and he refused to at least hear them out.

Broadway

All Star
Let's forget the #kporzee trade for a moment.

Why couldn't Phil execute any trades the past couple weeks when... Rob Pelinka former NBA agent turned NBA GM and Magic Johnson former NBA player turned movie theater mogul/starbucks investor/baseball minority owner turned NBA executive made like 2 trades in this span of time?

Broadway

All Star
Ainge's thoughts

If Markannen can become Dirkish and Dunn a sure fire starter then they did well, at present it's sketchy. Keep in mind all 3(Dunn/Markannen/Lavine) are lottery picks 7(17')/5(16')/13(14') respectively and Lavine was a 20/4/4 guy pre ACL injury. I probably wouldn't have included the pick #16 if I were the Bulls or asked for compensation for Lavine's time to reach full recovery if he ever does