Official Trade Rumors Thread

and1

Rotation player
Let's forget the #kporzee trade for a moment.

well what did he have to work with? lee? i don't think anyone was waiting on hold to talk about a 1st rounder for lee.
o'quinn? i like the guy, but i don't think anyone's trying to trade a 1st rounder for him either.
baby-gasol? come on, would you really want phil to trade him?
baker and randle? i don't see anyone calling him up for them either.
i suppose he could've grouped some of those guys - other than baby-gasol - into a package for SOMETHING, but... idk, he probably wasn't hearing anything too tantalizing. that's just my guess.

mafra

Legend
George won't sign extension so that means BOS not dealing for him.... Why would GH turn down over 50 mil? I don't think he likes his college coach that much.

Phil said that teams called him asking about KP after KP voiced his displeasure with org... Phil listened to overtures and said he would move KP if he got what he wanted.

Nobody offered a reasonable package..... so Phil said No.

Personally, Jax, Smart and a mid 1st next year not enough.... that's just me tho.

Broadway

All Star
Why go about it this way though, it was totally unnecessary!

Once he talked to his brother and things weren't hashed out he's gotta move on or do something meaningful. Now #kporzee knows he can get under his skin and he still has the masses on his side. Phil how ridiculous!

Broadway

All Star
George won't sign extension so that means BOS not dealing for him.... Why would GH turn down over 50 mil? I don't think he likes his college coach that much.

Phil said that teams called him asking about KP after KP voiced his displeasure with org... Phil listened to overtures and said he would move KP if he got what he wanted.

Nobody offered a reasonable package..... so Phil said No.

Personally, Jax, Smart and a mid 1st next year not enough.... that's just me tho.

Sounds like Ainge could be angling what he did 10yrs ago...supposedly Hayward is a player bantered about who George would like to play with.

mafra

Legend
Sounds like Ainge could be angling what he did 10yrs ago...supposedly Hayward is a player bantered about who George would like to play with.

I think Ainge is saving his assets for Anthony Davis. And, yeah, he should try to grab 2/4 between Blake Griffin, PG, Melo, or Hayward.

Use PG to get GH and use GH to convince PG to stay there.

Still fascinating to see what BOS does.... and who NY gets next year in lottery. lol.

and1

Rotation player
How embarrassing...

but you know what? if this turns out to be true, this makes KP look bad too. he better have a damn good season this year and stay healthy lol, otherwise other execs might start to look at him a little differently. if this turns out to be true and KP is really being this petty, he's making himself look just as bad as phil. i'm still on the fence about this particular issue, because honestly all i'm getting is hearsay and such. but if KP continues to act up he will end up on my ****elist. he's not really doing himself any favors.

mafra

Legend
but you know what? if this turns out to be true, this makes KP look bad too. he better have a damn good season this year and stay healthy lol, otherwise other execs might start to look at him a little differently. if this turns out to be true and KP is really being this petty, he's making himself look just as bad as phil. i'm still on the fence about this particular issue, because honestly all i'm getting is hearsay and such. but if KP continues to act up he will end up on my ****elist. he's not really doing himself any favors.

I agree. Had KP performed Jan-Apr like he did Nov-Dec.... NYK a playoff team.

Saw an article that said Year 3, 2000-2001, was the big leap year for Dirk. Averages 21 & 9. It's time now for KP to be the man.

I think the rift between KP and Phil boils down to NY wanting KP to be more of a post offensive player.

tiger0330

Legend
I agree. Had KP performed Jan-Apr like he did Nov-Dec.... NYK a playoff team.

Saw an article that said Year 3, 2000-2001, was the big leap year for Dirk. Averages 21 & 9. It's time now for KP to be the man.

I think the rift between KP and Phil boils down to NY wanting KP to be more of a post offensive player.
I watched some of his Twitter training videos and he said that is a point of emphasis in his training to develop a better post-game. He's trying to get stronger to hold position better and develop some low post moves that will get him some easy buckets, still don't like him working without the supervision of the Knicks and freelancing his training. Pivotal year for him esp if PJ manages to trade Melo, has to show he can carry the team as the man if Melo isn't here. I would think he'll be unveiling whatever he's working on at the Euro games, should be interesting to see if his game has changed at all.

Broadway

All Star
Wait, isn't this basically true of every star player in the NBA? What good player needs their team more than their team needs them.

Well that wasn't the narrative back in 2010 or say when Free Agency hits from the land of New York. It was always spewed that athletes needed the city, the endorsements, the stage, the ability to brand, the exposure, the love, the chance to win?

Okay so which yr did all of the above change?

For the record I agree with you to an extent the way the sports model/structure is setup between teams and players. But let me ask you...

Was any Spur player greater than their organization?
Was any Yankee player better than their organization?
Was any Dallas Cowboy player greater than their organization?
Was any Celtic player greater than their organization?
Was any Laker player greater than their organization?
Was any Patriot player greater than their organization?
Was any Boston Red Sox player greater than their organization?

New York Knicks should be in the conversation with the above organizations but they're not, because it's been run for so long under Dolan's leadership(until Phil's arrival...may be too late to change course considering the times) as one of desperation, lust, desire, covetousness. It should be the other way around. At some point this franchise has to stop caving into athletes, their demands, threats, agendas, divisive ways.

Case in point how come the Knicks of all their drafts the past decade or so haven't had a Lakers/Ball D-Rose/Chicago...where the player wanted nothing else but to play here? Like showcased it or romanticized it into existence. I get it we haven't had a #1 overall pick but still why wouldn't players want nothing more than to play where many regard as the best city maybe not in only the US but quite possibly the world?

Malik Monk was on record saying he thought he was coming here and he would've loved playing here as did DSJ and Jackson, but fell short of doing whatever it took to be here, even if it meant some sabotaging on their end?

You know why, the organization hasn't had/presented a hospitable spirit for raising it's own...it's always wanted to adopt someone else's stray/rebel from a pride. Always grass greener perspective from within.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Okay maybe Wolves have a different plan(Rose not included?) but needless to say their team has become a more attractive destination

mafra

Legend
MIN a great place to live but no player is going to go there, unless as a last resort. Too cold and far away, with little nightlife, for the modern NBA player.

I think Knicks have a better chance signing Paul this year and Lebron next year, then Lowry or Holiday signing with Wolves.

Kiyaman

Legend
well what did he have to work with? lee? i don't think anyone was waiting on hold to talk about a 1st rounder for lee.
o'quinn? i like the guy, but i don't think anyone's trying to trade a 1st rounder for him either.
baby-gasol? come on, would you really want phil to trade him?
baker and randle? i don't see anyone calling him up for them either.
i suppose he could've grouped some of those guys - other than baby-gasol - into a package for SOMETHING, but... idk, he probably wasn't hearing anything too tantalizing. that's just my guess.

How do u rebuild ....
Noah is a starter/keeper .. C
Quinn is a starter/keeper .. PF
Lee is a starter/keeper .. SG
N'Dour is a bench/keeper .. SF
Holiday is a bench/keeper .. SG
WHG is a bench/keeper .. PF
Lance Thomas is not needed on the Knicks.
Randle/Baker/Kuz/Plumlee are all undeveloped projects .. the15th man on a roster.

KP is a undeveloped bench player that fears bumping-bodies in the paint.
Melo is a regular season player u dont want to have in a rotation for a playoff series ..
Melo's playoff career at being a first round exit is enough proof to prove isolation players dont win in playoffs.

Well that wasn't the narrative back in 2010 or say when Free Agency hits from the land of New York. It was always spewed that athletes needed the city, the endorsements, the stage, the ability to brand, the exposure, the love, the chance to win?

Okay so which yr did all of the above change?

For the record I agree with you to an extent the way the sports model/structure is setup between teams and players. But let me ask you...

Was any Spur player greater than their organization?
Was any Yankee player better than their organization?
Was any Dallas Cowboy player greater than their organization?
Was any Celtic player greater than their organization?
Was any Laker player greater than their organization?
Was any Patriot player greater than their organization?
Was any Boston Red Sox player greater than their organization?

New York Knicks should be in the conversation with the above organizations but they're not, because it's been run for so long under Dolan's leadership(until Phil's arrival...may be too late to change course considering the times) as one of desperation, lust, desire, covetousness. It should be the other way around. At some point this franchise has to stop caving into athletes, their demands, threats, agendas, divisive ways.

Case in point how come the Knicks of all their drafts the past decade or so haven't had a Lakers/Ball D-Rose/Chicago...where the player wanted nothing else but to play here? Like showcased it or romanticized it into existence. I get it we haven't had a #1 overall pick but still why wouldn't players want nothing more than to play where many regard as the best city maybe not in only the US but quite possibly the world?

Malik Monk was on record saying he thought he was coming here and he would've loved playing here as did DSJ and Jackson, but fell short of doing whatever it took to be here, even if it meant some sabotaging on their end?

You know why, the organization hasn't had/presented a hospitable spirit for raising it's own...it's always wanted to adopt someone else's stray/rebel from a pride. Always grass greener perspective from within.

We're a cesspool franchise with the worst owner in the NBA and a bottom 5 front office. You give the Knicks and NYC an owner like Mark Cuban or Peter Holt in San Antonio and a front office with a real plan, players would come here. Star players would come here. If you can win in NYC, this city will make you the biggest star in the world. If you can win at MSG, every home game will have the energy of a playoff game 7. But, it's all a moot point, we have the owner that we have and the front office that we have and the rest of the country gets to laugh at us. No one player is going to decide to take on the challenge of trying to win here. It's too hard.

mafra

Legend
We're a cesspool franchise with the worst owner in the NBA and a bottom 5 front office. You give the Knicks and NYC an owner like Mark Cuban or Peter Holt in San Antonio and a front office with a real plan, players would come here. Star players would come here. If you can win in NYC, this city will make you the biggest star in the world. If you can win at MSG, every home game will have the energy of a playoff game 7. But, it's all a moot point, we have the owner that we have and the front office that we have and the rest of the country gets to laugh at us. No one player is going to decide to take on the challenge of trying to win here. It's too hard.

Exactly!!!!

paris401

Starter
exactly what has dolan done/said since hiring pax??? I remember only 1 interview where he stated jax is running the club...

and1

Rotation player
exactly what has dolan done/said since hiring pax??? I remember only 1 interview where he stated jax is running the club...

and that's probably why he won't fire phil, because phil will take all the blame for him. he'll probably even offer phil another contract (i just threw up a little as i typed that) when this one is completed in 2 years. then again, maybe not. he could always hire another President and play it the same way. about the only thing he's done, if my memory is correct, is get into that ridiculous situation with oakley that has yet to be resolved apparently. on a lighter and more promising note, i was hearing some theories not too long ago on scenarios where dolan might actually want to sell the team. and the scenarios actually made a bit of sense. but i'm not going to get into that because i know it's just a dream.

in other news, it' sounding like noah was in fact an asset that phil was including in the trade talks for KP, if indeed it turns out that phil was even very serious about trading KP in the first place. maybe phil was serious, but absolutely no one wanted that noah contract? there's a whole bunch of different ways you can see that playing out so i'm not going to try and list them all. but once again i'm brought back to a memory from last summer after the noah signing. rebecca harlow is interviewing noah for msg networks and she asks noah about his initial meeting with phil before they worked out the contract. apparently, according to phil, noah had offered to let phil do a pull up on one of his biceps. when rebecca is telling noah this, he's looking at her like 'what the hell are you talking about?' and i believe his exact words were 'what's this now?' dude had no clue what she was talking about. apparently, or seemingly, phil had made up that story completely. for some reason, this one moment seems to encapsulate almost perfectly the current state of the knicks.

but i'm still not going to trash him for his draft picks lol.

mafra

Legend
Joakim Noah - F/C - Knicks
According to ESPN's Ian Begley, the Knicks have been shopping Joakim Noah.

He's owed $55.6 million over the next three years and is entering his age-33 season, making this one of the worst contracts in the league. It's no secret that the Knicks have been listening to offers for Kristaps Porzingis this week, but one roadblock in trade talks is that the team tried to include Noah in the talks. The big man had surgery to repair his rotator cuff in his right shoulder back in April and is suspended for the first 12 games of the season for failing a drug test. In case it needs to be said, fantasy owners should look the other way on draft day.
Source: ESPN Jun 24 - 10:29 AM

----------

Makes you wonder if a KP to PHO deal might still happen?

Josh Jax, Bledsoe, Chris for KP and Noah?