Official Trade Rumors Thread

mafra

Legend
(Rotoworld)

The Spurs are planning to have coach Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan board a plane to pitch Kevin Durant to join the Spurs in July.

For the meetings with the Spurs and Warriors, Durant is expected to have his agent and family with him. Durant and Kawhi Leonard would make for quite the interesting pair, and perhaps the transformation of Kawhi is a great selling point. Of course, the Spurs have been a staple in the NBA playoffs for two decades.

The Warriors are planning to have Stephen Curry and Klay
Thompson board a plane in a effort to pitch Kevin Durant, according to ESPN's Marc Stein.
According to Stein's report, the Warriors "increasingly believe" they can persuade KD based on how the Warriors fell short in the NBA Finals. If the can bring on Durant, that would mean Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli would be gone while they might have to unload Andrew Bogut or Andre Iguodala. Giddy up.

-------------

If KD is seriously considering GSW or SA then he is a chump. He had GSW beat but HE choked Game 6 at home...

Spurs are old... And, again, he would be joining the enemy.

If he is doing this charade and plans on staying 1 more year in OKC anyway... He is worse than a prima donna...

I understand LAC & MIA (teams and location and both places he would be seen as "taking them over the top" as opposed to hitching a ride)...

BOS? Geez. Just don't see them having a second star... Just a bunch of good players.

Now... This is all speculation. We shall see how it plays out...

tiger0330

Legend
One thing that's consistent is the teams KD is meeting with are playoff teams and we've seen with all these big FA signings the attraction of going to a winning team so Phil has his work cut out despite the addition of DRose.

If KD's decision is a pure basketball decision, its hard to make a stronger case than the one GS can pitch, the thought of him going there though makes me puke but if he wants to win now and maybe be part of the GOAT team I would pick the Warriors.

tiger0330

Legend
Noah is fiery and plays hard but max money for a 4/9 guy I just don't see. Knicks can't afford him even if they wanted him with so many roster spots to fill. It's about to get crazy if Noah gets 4yrs/120M.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...29gn4m5?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The summer of crazy spending in the NBA is only days away and it is likely to start in Washington. But we’re not talking about the Wizards’ pursuit of Kevin Durant, which most observers regard as slightly delusional.

According to sources, the Wiz are locked in on making a major offer to Joakim Noah. The Wizards are said to be willing to offer Noah, coming off shoulder surgery that KO’d him in January, a full maximum contract. His deal would start at $26.6 million and reach nearly $120 million over four seasons.

Yeah, it’ll be that kind of crazy money for the soon-to-be former Chicago Bull.
The Wizards are prepared to go all out for the 2014 NBA Defensive Player of the Year because they have glaring holes up front and already are anticipating having to win an intense bidding war.
Three other teams — the Knicks, Timberwolves and Bucks — are also planning to make substantial offers to Noah, who played only 29 games last season before suffering a shoulder injury. If the Bulls come calling, he probably won’t even take their call. He has no intentions of re-signing in Chicago and is ready to move on, according to a source.
The Wizards’ main competition when free agency starts July 1 will be from the Knicks. Newly acquired Derrick Rose is close to Noah and some observers see that putting Phil Jackson in the lead. The Knicks can also offer Noah a starting job, having sent Robin Lopez as part of the package to the Bulls in the Rose trade and creating a vacancy at center.

Noah has ties to New York — he spent most of his high school days at Brooklyn’s Poly Prep — and is said to want to come to the Big Apple. He’d be an automatic Garden favorite with his relentless hustle and fiery demeanor.
Money-wise, the Knicks will have around $30 million to spend on free agents. They’ll first try to get Durant, as much as they look like long shots, with Oklahoma City the favorites to retain the summer’s top free agent. If Durant moves, Golden State has the wherewithal and interest to bring him in as a significant upgrade over restricted FA Harrison Barnes, who fizzled in the Finals. The way the Warriors collapsed at the end of Game 7 against Cleveland in the Finals, there’s a need for Durant’s scoring, even for a team that won a record 73 games.
As for Noah, Jackson might not be willing to match Washington’s max-deal offer for a player who also had knee surgery in the 2014 offseason. But the Wizards can’t reinvest in Nene, approaching his 34th birthday and missing 133 games since 2011.

So this will be an intense competition. Several NBA GMs think that Noah could be more heavily recruited than the other top bigs who will go on the open market. Dwight Howard will scare away some teams with his character issues. He is said to want the Knicks, but more than they want him. Pau Gasol is a Jackson favorite who turned down a chance in 2014 to be reunited with his former Lakers coach and headed to Chicago instead. If Noah takes Washington’s max money, Jackson might have to turn to Gasol, who turns 36 on July 6.
“If teams are convinced Noah is healthy, he will get a max deal, and Washington is panicking because Nene is done and they didn’t make the playoffs last season,’’ said one GM. “They’ll overpay for Noah — they always do.’’

The Wiz are prepared to write some massive checks as the league’s salary cap explodes from $70 million this season to $94 million for 2016-17. They waited too long to get Bradley Beal at a reasonable price, so now they’ll have to overpay to retain their top free agent. Beal could command $22 million as a starting salary in a max deal, despite suffering from recurring stress injuries to his right fibula during his first four seasons.
If the Wiz do make an offer to Noah that more than doubles the five-year, $60 million that is about to expire, it could end Minnesota’s pursuit of one of Tom Thibodeau’s favorite players.
Thibodeau has Noah atop his free-agent board and hopes he can land the player who brought him leadership on and off the floor, along with his trademark high intensity. But even if a non-scoring threat like Noah finished fourth in the MVP in 2014 for Thibodeau, Minnesota probably isn’t willing to break the bank for a player who has missed 94 games in the last five seasons, including the final 43 last year.

Noah also has a big fan in Jason Kidd, who has soured on Greg Monroe, only one season into a deal that has two seasons to run. The Bucks tried to trade him in recent days, but the Celtics and other teams had no interest.
Kidd has told associates he thinks Noah’s toughness and experience will greatly help his young rising stars, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jabari Parker. He’ll have to convince Noah, though, that he can be happy relocating to a small market.
The Bucks are looking to bounce back from a disastrous season after they made the playoffs in 2015. As Kidd sees it, Noah’s addition would be perfect as the Bucks try to live up to their “Own the Future’’ marketing campaign.
With what Noah is about to get, he’ll own the future, too.

mafra

Legend
Updates from June 25...

2:30 pm: Durant has informed the Knicks he will meet with them, and the Knicks are very confident they'll be in Durant's top three teams this off season, Tommy Dee tweeted Saturday afternoon.

Kiyaman

Legend
Updates from June 25...

2:30 pm: Durant has informed the Knicks he will meet with them, and the Knicks are very confident they'll be in Durant's top three teams this off season, Tommy Dee tweeted Saturday afternoon.

The Knicks management are STUPID!
No star player in his right-mind want to play with shoot all the time Melo, ball hogger Rose, and a 7.1 project that dont know how to pass the ball on the perimeter.

The Durant meeting with the Knicks are only to increase his new contract above all the rest of the 2016 FA.
Durant has to many better option then Knicks .. like Spurs, GS Warriors, or resign with the best PG in the NBA Westbrook.

The past few years Noah n coach Thibs always made the playoff without Derek Rose in the rotation.
Im sure Noah is not interested in rekindling up with teammate Rose.

The Knicks best move before draft night shouldve been trading for Denver Faried n keeping Lopez/Grant to have at least 3 players on the roster that play consistent defense night after night

mafra

Legend
Not for nothing... but do you really believe Durant is using NY to get a better offer? Seriously? Durant, Lebron, and guys like that will get the max regardless. If it were simply about the money... he would stay in OKC.

One could say he is meeting with GSW & SA to get more money to play in NY or MIA...

Any team other who signs KD knows they're gonna have to pay the max.

Broadway

All Star
Not for nothing... but do you really believe Durant is using NY to get a better offer? Seriously? Durant, Lebron, and guys like that will get the max regardless. If it were simply about the money... he would stay in OKC.

One could say he is meeting with GSW & SA to get more money to play in NY or MIA...

Any team other who signs KD knows they're gonna have to pay the max.

Durant is doing due diligence the same way Melo did, meeting with teams he knew dam well he had no intentions of signing with. He's not signing here many analyst have stated they feel incredibly strong about it. It's a 3 team race in this order OKC/GSW/SA that's it.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Durant is doing due diligence the same way Melo did, meeting with teams he knew dam well he had no intentions of signing with. He's not signing here many analyst have stated they feel incredibly strong about it. It's a 3 team race in this order OKC/GSW/SA that's it.

Gotta believe we are part of that race...currently it's laughable to put us in the same category as SA OKC or GS...however, if we land a Noah or Gasol, we look as good as any team

Gasol said money won't be a factor, I say give up the cap hold on Williams thus giving us 37 million, sign Pau to 10 million deal next year and we now have a team of Rose,Melo,KP and Pau to pitch to KD

Or...release cap hold on Williams, sign and trade O'quinn and the 2017 2nd we just got from Chicago to The Bulls for Noah. Give Noah a 13.9 million salary year one (matches his last season contract) giving he played like 20 games last year that's plenty fair, give him an opt out after next season so he can re-up for big money then if he wants.

Chicago would get a cheap, but serviceable front court player in the event they do move Taj(latest rumor), a 10 million dollar trade exception and their 2nd rounder back,(making the Rose deal all the more easier to live with) all for a player who they weren't resigning anyways!

We still keep 27 million to sign Durant, and approach KD with the proposition of just as good a starting 5 as he would get in GS. And unlike GS a better PR move, coming to NYC does not look like the easy way to a title like it would with GS or even SA

Curry/Thompson/Durant/Green/Bogut
Rose/Durant/Melo/KP/Noah

Even if Rose is "only" a 17 6 ast player in 68 games, I gotta say we are just as good on paper with Durant as Golden State is...naturally coming off 73 wins instills more confidence than a team coming off 33 with a new coach! But again, leaving OKC for the team that knocked him out of the playoffs, is horrible PR.

Hey bring back David Lee for league min pay and our 2nd unit could be
Galloway/Holiday/Thomas/Lee/KP

Honestly, OKC are the head above faves, but you never know what happens when guys start meeting with teams

So yeah we can put ourselves in a nice position to have a chance.

Gotta believe we are part of that race...currently it's laughable to put us in the same category as SA OKC or GS...however, if we land a Noah or Gasol, we look as good as any team

Gasol said money won't be a factor, I say give up the cap hold on Williams thus giving us 37 million, sign Pau to 10 million deal next year and we now have a team of Rose,Melo,KP and Pau to pitch to KD

Or...release cap hold on Williams, sign and trade O'quinn and the 2017 2nd we just got from Chicago to The Bulls for Noah. Give Noah a 13.9 million salary year one (matches his last season contract) giving he played like 20 games last year that's plenty fair, give him an opt out after next season so he can re-up for big money then if he wants.

Chicago would get a cheap, but serviceable front court player in the event they do move Taj(latest rumor), a 10 million dollar trade exception and their 2nd rounder back,(making the Rose deal all the more easier to live with) all for a player who they weren't resigning anyways!

We still keep 27 million to sign Durant, and approach KD with the proposition of just as good a starting 5 as he would get in GS. And unlike GS a better PR move, coming to NYC does not look like the easy way to a title like it would with GS or even SA

Curry/Thompson/Durant/Green/Bogut
Rose/Durant/Melo/KP/Noah

Even if Rose is "only" a 17 6 ast player in 68 games, I gotta say we are just as good on paper with Durant as Golden State is...naturally coming off 73 wins instills more confidence than a team coming off 33 with a new coach! But again, leaving OKC for the team that knocked him out of the playoffs, is horrible PR.

Hey bring back David Lee for league min pay and our 2nd unit could be
Galloway/Holiday/Thomas/Lee/KP

Honestly, OKC are the head above faves, but you never know what happens when guys start meeting with teams

So yeah we can put ourselves in a nice position to have a chance.

I love this post in that you busted your butt to at least make it seem plausible to sign Durant. Honestly, I think we have a 0 percent chance, but very well thought out post.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I love this post in that you busted your butt to at least make it seem plausible to sign Durant. Honestly, I think we have a 0 percent chance, but very well thought out post.

Thanks, but it's not as far fetched as it may seem...Look I get it, being snubbed as much as we've been in recent years in Free Agency has made us pessimistic

Let's look at this in phases...

Is it realistic to think we can land Gasol or Noah... yes, and I will go as far as saying I'm pretty sure one of them will be a Knick next season.

Now, if we do land either Noah or Gasol, is our team respectable enough to land KD? Again look at the starting 5 I'm proposing!

What would be the hardest part for KD to leve OKC, familiarity/loyalty and public perception! Him coming to NYC would be viewed as a sympathy move! Amare got overpaid to be a Knick but that was overlooked because he came to a losing franchise with intense media scrutiny

Don't underestimate Roc Nation's influence here as well!

mafra

Legend
I don't believe it'll happen myself, but it's not like we don't have a shot.

Think back to Lebron... Wade & Riley convinced him to make that leap of faith... Lebron had a relationship with Wade, MIA had the resources to assemble a "big 3" and Mourning & Riley closed the deal.

NYK is in practically the same position, except for the fact that Melo is ringless.

We have Melo, KP, & Rose... We have enough cap space to sign KD plus another player (and with KD aboard vets would run for our MLE).

KD had dinner with Melo the other night. They've known each other since KD was in high school (maybe earlier)... Both BAL kids...

KD is an east coast guy...

Nike is losing money to under armor... His agent might be pushing for the big city...

1 title in NY would outweigh 3 in SA or GSW (public perception)... Think Linsanity... Think about how KP already has a top selling jersey...

In essence, NYK has the players in the roster and the cap space to match most suitors... It has the big city and history (NYC & MSG), it has cap space next year... A young future star... A current star... A star entering his golden years.

Basically, it's up to Melo & Jax to do what Wade & Riley did... Sell it.

Broadway

All Star

Tommy Dee is a dope and doesn't have any sources anymore solid than the fellas that post here. Begley is pretty locked in and Isola can surprise from time-to-time...as of now

I maintain my stance if we talk to him, it's simply due diligence window dressing. Durant already has everything at his disposal and the 6 teams on his list at the moment can sell winning far more than we can. So hrt10 I agree we have no shot

mafra

Legend
Durant won't come to NYC for the reasons most modern players don't want to come to NY:

The Media Scrutiny
The WX
The Taxes
The Inconvienence Factor
(Play games in Manhattan, practice in Westchester County)

Broadway

All Star
Durant won't come to NYC for the reasons most modern players don't want to come to NY:

The Media Scrutiny
The WX
The Taxes
The Inconvienence Factor

He has spoken with Melo and some Knick personnel already and hung out in the NYC/Canada area nearly the past week and no meeting scheduled and the last update is of him being in "we'll see" mode. Get real

Stop beggin(we look pathetic every offseason doing this) have some dignity once and for all. He doesn't want to come here it's quite obvious.

Kiyaman

Legend

The Media Scrutiny
The WX
The Taxes
The Inconvienence Factor

So True !!!
The HIGH-TAX bracket in NY kicked me out LMAO

Durant is a SUPER-STAR ...a super-star u do a sign n trade for Melo contract ..
sounds good to me !!!

Broadway

All Star

Historically Big Fish very rarely if ever leave their teams in free agency no matter how many teams they talk to. Only big names who have left recently were Howard(trash) and Aldridge, otherwise players stay put.

I believe D-Will opted out already and lol Noah is not taking a starting salary of $14mil for just a yr with his history of health. You can't sign and trade 2 separate free agents and I won't even begin to explain the obvious reasons teams can't do this...in a dream world he did a good job but in the real world not so much.

KD is not looking for a quick fix, quick run signing...he's looking for familiarity/comfortable vibes long-term with an extremely high chance of winning and winning and winning some more. If KD takes the 1yr deal, it's for OKC and it really signfies what he's most likely to do the following season as he hits his 10yr league tenure for maximum cap grab.

This takes me back to last season when we had discussions about the likelihood of signing Butler and/or Kawhi and a poster telling me we had a shot drumming up front loaded signing capabilities. Like hell we did!

I believe Durant will talk to us eventually because he's a well mannered easy going fellow who wants to show respect but we are not a priority of his whatsoever.

Broadway

All Star
Historically Big Fish very rarely if ever leave their teams in free agency no matter how many teams they talk to. Only big names who have left recently were Howard(trash) and Aldridge, otherwise players stay put.

KD is not looking for a quick fix, quick run signing...he's looking for familiarity/comfortable vibes long-term with an extremely high chance of winning and winning and winning some more. If KD takes the 1yr deal, it's for OKC and it really signfies what he's most likely to do the following season as he hits his 10yr league tenure for maximum cap grab.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/6/...t-contract-salary-money-nba-free-agent-rumors

Kiyaman

Legend
Larry Bird draft moves made the Pacers one of the TOP 3 teams in the Eastern Conference ...
Pacers newest additions will bring glory back to Indiana ...

TODAY Sports

The Indiana Pacers went into the 2016 NBA Draft with two draft picks on the evening, No. 20 and No. 50. They ended the night with just one, but it ended with some reward.
In a three-team deal with the Atlanta Hawks and Utah Jazz, the Indiana Pacers made a deal to bring former NBA all-star point guard Jeff Teague to Indianapolis. The trade sent Indiana native George Hill to Utah and Utah’s first round selection to Atlanta.
This was not the only move that the Pacers made on the evening. Indiana also dealt it’s No. 20 pick, which was Michigan guard Caris LeVert, to Brooklyn in exchange for power forward Thaddeus Young.
To top that off, the Pacers did steal a player in the second round. Former Iowa State Cyclone Georges Niang will now be a Pacer.
Pacer fans should be excited, as the team is already looking better after just one night. Both Teague and Young bring a lot of experience and a very high basketball IQ.
Teague, who was an all-star during the 2014-2015 season, has been a solid player throughout his entire seven-year NBA tenure.
In seven years, Teague has averaged totals of 12 points per game, nearly six assists and has shot nearly 45 percent from the floor.