Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Milwaukee Bucks 8:30pm 12/05/2015

Kiyaman

Legend
There is a FRESH leg Quinn on our bench that could have turned things around ..
Fisher forgot how Quinn took Monroe out his game for the win over the Bucks our first game into season.

tiger0330

Legend
Back below .500, sorry the boys didn't give chief a better show. I know it pisses me off when I spend money to go to a game and we don't get a win,

Kiyaman

Legend
Afflalo added another game without a dime .. he need to work on the triangle in the worst way.
Its not so bad .. Melo shot 6-17 .. rather than 7-23

Broadway

All Star
Back below .500, sorry the boys didn't give chief a better show. I know it pisses me off when I spend money to go to a game and we don't get a win,

You in Milwaukee Tig? Anyway how bad has Lopez been, good grief what an awful signing. Our record is clouding matters but he's been dreadful in about 65% of his games played this yr.

Broadway

All Star
Afflalo added another game without a dime .. he need to work on the triangle in the worst way.

He's not that kind of player and never has been. He's self contained, meaning only good for Afflalo. The game Melo was out his outburst looked way better than it was. Don't get me wrong a nice player for what he does, but honestly he's better suited as a 6th man role and not a starter. IMMA GET MINE will not work in the long run.

tiger0330

Legend
.500 is OK esp after last season but Melo is going to have to play a lot better for the Knicks to make some noise this season. AA looks solid and KP is way ahead of schedule. Some of the other signings like Quinn, rolo and dwill are looking like role players and not playoff impact types. Not sure .500 is going to be enough to get the 8th spot this year.

tiger0330

Legend
You in Milwaukee Tig? Anyway how bad has Lopez been, good grief what an awful signing. Our record is clouding matters but he's been dreadful in about 65% of his games played this yr.
No watched it on MSG. Chief drove out there to see the game. They didn't put on a good show for him, Melo was meh and the game seemed to get out of hand when he bricked that 3 early in the 3rd.

mafra

Legend
Game looks like it boiled down to the 3-point shot: MIL 2-4 & NYK 6-25... Our starters were raining 3s vs BKN but tonight was Brick city...

Milwaukee attempted 13 more FGs than NY (and made 12 more shots)...

All the other stats seem equal (except that MIL had double the off rebounds)...

I followed some on box score during the game... But saw we pretty much trailed wire to wire... We fall to 1-2 against MIL...

Melo was 6-17... PORZ only had 8 shots... Lance Thomas had 11 shots (yikes) but made 6.

Melo has to drop a thirty spot for us to beat an athletic team like MIL (on a night nobody else is really doing something extraordinary)... Melo is pretty much turning into a 3-point shooter.... This team
Doesn't get many fast break points... And we rely too much on the lowest % shot in the NBA... And when we miss almost 20... We lose...

10-11. On pace for a 35-45 type won campaign... I doubt we make playoffs unless a trade deadline deal brings is a legit guard who can help this offense.

Kiyaman

Legend
OK have a good laugh .. We lost the game at tip-off .. we never had the lead, we started shooting n missing 3 ball shots at tip-off hitting 6 for 25 in the game .. our 2nd unit pressure defense wasnt enough to stop the Bucks from scoring 60 pts inside the paint compared to our 30 pts in the paint .... we are a jump shooting team!!!

The first few minutes of the 3rd quarter basically decided the game. Our starters let a 4 point lead balloon to more than 20 before our 2nd unit stopped the bleeding. Lance Thomas getting a lot of praise for his 17 points tonight, but he had zero rebounds and one assist. Another scorer is always a good thing, but not if that player is only going to be a shooter out there.

mafra

Legend
Ah, what might have been if we dealt for this guy instead of Bargnani (and we was definitely on the block):

Kyle Lowry erupted for a career-high 41 points vs. the Warriors on Saturday, hitting 14-of-26 shots with six 3-pointers in the Raptors' tough defeat.
He's one of two players to score at least 30 points vs. Golden State this season, joining Chris Paul, though he missed a critical free throw down the stretch which would have tied the game. Lowry left the court dejected after the 109-112 loss, but his fantasy owners have to be elated -- in addition to his scoring binge, he added three rebounds, seven assists, four steals, one block and only one turnover. He's returning top-six value in 8-cat and 9-cat leagues, with no signs of slowing down.
Source: GSW Stats on Twitter Dec 5 - 8:13 PM

(Rotoworld)

tiger0330

Legend
The first few minutes of the 3rd quarter basically decided the game. Our starters let a 4 point lead balloon to more than 20 before our 2nd unit stopped the bleeding. Lance Thomas getting a lot of praise for his 17 points tonight, but he had zero rebounds and one assist. Another scorer is always a good thing, but not if that player is only going to be a shooter out there.
I saw the same comment about Lance in some morning after reporting about his 17pts and doing nothing else. How about Rolo and his 1 RB and team worst -25 along with those 60 Bucks pts in the paint. Dude is making 14M for 4 more years, Lance barely over the min for a year yet I never hear any criticism of Rolo.

jimkcchief88

All Star

Thanks Tig but it was way cool:) "Milltown" is only about 45 minutes from my crib with light traffic. Parking was only $10 a couple blocks from the arena and it was warm for a December night here. Bradley Center is really a nice arena easily as nice as the United Center and Star Wars night was hyped up. Our seats were in front of the Bucks cheering section which made it like a true college atmosphere and we stood the whole game with them. We were within shouting distance of the KNIcKs bench and I got to see Melo run in and out of the tunnel right next to us before tipoff. The worst part was the officials. Bad officiating looks even worse in person and that crew was as bad as NBA officials get last night.

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks Tig but it was way cool:) "Milltown" is only about 45 minutes from my crib with light traffic. Parking was only $10 a couple blocks from the arena and it was warm for a December night here. Bradley Center is really a nice arena easily as nice as the United Center and Star Wars night was hyped up. Our seats were in front of the Bucks cheering section which made it like a true college atmosphere and we stood the whole game with them. We were within shouting distance of the KNIcKs bench and I got to see Melo run in and out of the tunnel right next to us before tipoff. The worst part was the officials. Bad officiating looks even worse in person and that crew was as bad as NBA officials get last night.
Surprised to hear Bradley is as nice as United Center since the NBA threatened to move the Bucks if they didn't get a new arena. I thought it was a dump. That referee crew with Tony Brothers was god awful, Brothers is blind, not sure how he got to be a crew chief. I remember he was standing 5-10 ft from a play last season and he blew the call, clear view of the play and he blew the call.

Kiyaman

Legend

Jim .. Great seats on Star Wars night .. iiiight !!!

The Bucks coach Jason Kidd has always been a up-tempo running-system player/coach, especially on opponents on the end of back to back games .. the Bucks running system could take them to the playoff again, once Monroe, MCW, and Parker get their legs condition to run run run

Last night game the Bucks open the game by running a SSOL on every offensive play, we started the game shooting 3-balls and not running back in time for defense .. none of our starters were able to keep pace with the Bucks up-tempo speed from tip-off to the end of the game. Our 2nd unit of all bench players were able to chop the Bucks lead to 2 points by gaining the tempo here n there.
Lance Thomas 17 points to give the bench 39 pts were well earned for keeping up with the Bucks Tempo.

The officiating in a AWAY game are expected to go in favor of

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
What is wrong with our shooting, is that normal? Gallway can't hit the ocean!!! i know Grant is better now, but still, he should be shooting a lot better, Melo too of course. and is it true we are in the bottom of the shooting percentages?
why we have periods were we can't hit anything even good shots??!! any explanation to that?