Other NBA games and League

mafra

Legend
Trae Young drops 35... Day after Doncic goes bonkers.

De'Aaron Fox hit 7-of-12 shots, a 3-pointer and 7-of-9 free throws for 22 points, four rebounds, 10 assists, a steal and a block in 42 minutes as the Kings shocked the Thunder 131-120 on Sunday, ruining Russell Westbrook's season debut.

Fox came in averaging 19.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 6.5 assists after his first two games, and some of those numbers are going up after this one. He played 42 minutes and was motivated to face Westbrook, as the Kings got their first win of the season. Fox is primed for a breakout season, although we doubt the same will be true for the Kings. But this was a great win tonight.

Broadway

All Star
Trae Young drops 35... Day after Doncic goes bonkers.

De'Aaron Fox hit 7-of-12 shots, a 3-pointer and 7-of-9 free throws for 22 points, four rebounds, 10 assists, a steal and a block in 42 minutes as the Kings shocked the Thunder 131-120 on Sunday, ruining Russell Westbrook's season debut.

Fox came in averaging 19.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 6.5 assists after his first two games, and some of those numbers are going up after this one. He played 42 minutes and was motivated to face Westbrook, as the Kings got their first win of the season. Fox is primed for a breakout season, although we doubt the same will be true for the Kings. But this was a great win tonight.

I was high on him as well as Doncic...both are exceptional talents and Mavs nor Hawks will have to wait 2yrs or more to determine what position they are or what consistent major contributions they'll provide on a night-to-night basis. Crazy they were traded for each other. Probably the correct trade to make for each team considering team needs.

tiger0330

Legend
I was high on him as well as Doncic...both are exceptional talents and Mavs nor Hawks will have to wait 2yrs or more to determine what position they are or what consistent major contributions they'll provide on a night-to-night basis. Crazy they were traded for each other. Probably the correct trade to make for each team considering team needs.
Doncic my ROY candidate this season though I love watching Trae. Trae scored the most points for a rookie since his alter ego Steph scored 35 back in 2010. Have to put in kudos for DRose in that high scoring Mavs MN game, he looks like the MVP DRose scoring 28, playing with a high motor and energy. He was playing some off the ball with Teague so maybe Tibs can figure out how to use him when they trade Butler. Oh, the Mavs set a club record for most 3 pt attempts with 50 in the game.

DSJ no question to me the better player over Ntilikina despite how people overrate Nits. People will always have the hope that Nits is going to be a star because he's only 20 but most of his peers have shown flashes of brilliance while we wait for his breakout game.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Mentioned this in the Knicks pre-season thread about the rule changes this year esp the freedom of movement rule and that we may get a record scoring season in the NBA because of it. The rules change might not be the only reason for high scoring this season with most teams wanting to up the pace thus season, I'd expect to see more points from that as well. And add all these bigs now taking 3 pt shots, saw Drum make a 3 and he's taken 3 so far in the season when his career high is 11 in a season. I'm sure Kanter is going to take a record number of 3s for him this season under Coach Fiz.

Just saw the Mavs/TWolves game where DAL beat MN 140-136 in a regulation game where they mentioned that so far this season scoring is up by 6 pts over last season, 112 to 106 ppg and FTs have increased by 4 per game.

A week into the season so the stats represent a small sample size but we may set a record for points scored league wide along with setting records for 3 pt shooting, attempts and makes.
Just saw a post somewhere saying the 14 sec. reset on an OR is causing the high scoring, not sure that's the main reason but it sure contributes to extra possessions in a game and more points.

Broadway

All Star
Doncic my ROY candidate this season though I love watching Trae. Trae scored the most points for a rookie since his alter ego Steph scored 35 back in 2010. Have to put in kudos for DRose in that high scoring Mavs MN game, he looks like the MVP DRose scoring 28, playing with a high motor and energy. He was playing some off the ball with Teague so maybe Tibs can figure out how to use him when they trade Butler. Oh, the Mavs set a club record for most 3 pt attempts with 50 in the game.

DSJ no question to me the better player over Ntilikina despite how people overrate Nits. People will always have the hope that Nits is going to be a star because he's only 20 but most of his peers have shown flashes of brilliance while we wait for his breakout game.

Rose will have some good games but really Jimmy Butler's leadership is showing up and he's the real MVP of that team. Which is why I said we need to keep things close to the vest because we may covet him during the offseason if he isn't traded before and he may look back on some things we said and become lukewarm.

Doncic another solid performance and I saw people Tweeting during the summer his game won't translate and that he'd be too slow...laughable! He's the Mavs best player already

Kiyaman

Legend
Dirty Paul gets slugged by Rondo. Love it. Hope CP3 gets 10 game suspension

The NBA suspended Los Angeles Lakers forward Brandon Ingram (four games), guard Rajon Rondo (three games) and Houston Rockets guard Chris Paul (two games), all without pay, for their roles in a fourth-quarter fight on Saturday night in Los Angeles.

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Brandon Ingram was relieved to receive a four-game suspension after expecting a harsher punishment from the NBA for his role in Saturday night's brawl between the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets.

Ingram, who apologized to the team but said he had to protect his Lakers teammates, started the confrontation when he shoved James Harden and began arguing with referee Jason Phillips. Ingram drew the longest suspension of all the parties involved for returning to and escalating a scuffle between Rajon Rondo and Rockets guard Chris Paul, and throwing a punch that the league deemed "extremely aggressive."
Rondo received a three-game suspension for throwing punches and spitting at Paul, who drew a two-game suspension for poking at Rondo's face and throwing punches at him.

Broadway

All Star
The Spurs/Lakers game was whoa whew wow :fire::fire::fire:

Interesting point to note refs are typically a sore subject and it usually comes from those who lose, rarely hear winners complain about refs and already just 3gms into a season

Jimmy Butler
Paul George
Luke Walton(who will be fined)

Complaining about the refs, it's a universal thing. Each one of them lost btw

mafra

Legend
Refs are atrocious. Good teams win despite the officiating, bc they have talent. Teams with little margin for error really struggle to overcome poor officiating.

I get missing calls here and there but this constant flipping back and forth, half to half, quarter to quarter, even possession to possession is what irks me. Sometimes they allow contact and other times they call it close to the vest....

It?s like in mlb.... I don?t mind bad strike/balls calls as long as it?s consistent and players adjust accordingly during the game. But when a strike in the third is called a ball in the 8th, that gets under people?s skins.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Spurs/Lakers game was whoa whew wow :fire::fire::fire:

The 0-3 Lakers look dangerous .. I see a healthy (unsuspended) Lakers team going on a couple of long winning streaks before the season over .. I keep imagining what if the Lakers would have kept Randle this season to have a front line Trio of Mcgee/Randle/Kuzma on the court when Lebron rest on the bench.

tiger0330

Legend
Don't sleep on TOR. Kawhi and DGreen are upgrades to last years TOR team. A deep team as well, like last year. Greg Monroe hasn't even got a whiff of the floor in 3 games shows how deep they are.

Pistons are 3-0... Pelicans 3-0... Nuggrts 4-0.... great games tonight.

Denver and NO are legit!
TOR 4-0 is legit as well. These 3 are the top 3 teams in point differential so far this season. TOR is so deep, they got Valencunas coming off the bench and the guy PJ was chasing in FA Greg Monroe, finally got 2 minutes of PT in garbage time after a DNP in TOR first 3.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Curry pours in 51... 11-16 from downtown... hard to get over that draft night disappointment, all these years later... Flynn and Rubio to Minny... we are 1 pick away from Steph... a decade of misery bc we won 4 meaningless games that season.

KL showing why he is one of the best. Our only hope to win with KP is if KL comes to NYK... we can pray for miracles?

tiger0330

Legend
Curry pours in 51... 11-16 from downtown... hard to get over that draft night disappointment, all these years later... Flynn and Rubio to Minny... we are 1 pick away from Steph... a decade of misery bc we won 4 meaningless games that season.

KL showing why he is one of the best. Our only hope to win with KP is if KL comes to NYK... we can pray for miracles?
TOR great town, great fans, winning team, more money than he can get from anyone else. KL crazy if he doesn't re-sign with them. Btw, Lowry my early favorite for starting ASG PG, he looks sensational.

Broadway

All Star
TOR great town, great fans, winning team, more money than he can get from anyone else. KL crazy if he doesn't re-sign with them. Btw, Lowry my early favorite for starting ASG PG, he looks sensational.

Lowry looks great as does Kemba(this is probably who our most likely free agent will be) not necessarily the target but who we have the best chance of signing. If Kyrie was our top target one has to figure Kemba fits the next best scenario. We still don't have a point guard. Kawhi is not signing here, you sir are correct. Dark horse still could be Jimmy Butler

tiger0330

Legend
Lowry looks great as does Kemba(this is probably who our most likely free agent will be) not necessarily the target but who we have the best chance of signing. If Kyrie was our top target one has to figure Kemba fits the next best scenario. We still don't have a point guard. Kawhi is not signing here, you sir are correct. Dark horse still could be Jimmy Butler
I suggested Terry Rozier, he's restricted but is asking for 20M/yr. Unless Ainge goes in a different direction then signing Kyrie I doubt Ainge is matching for Rozier. 20M is more than I'd offer but signing him to a Myles Turner contract I'd do.

I suggested Terry Rozier, he's restricted but is asking for 20M/yr. Unless Ainge goes in a different direction then signing Kyrie I doubt Ainge is matching for Rozier. 20M is more than I'd offer but signing him to a Myles Turner contract I'd do.

Rozier wants 20 million per season? Ridiculous. Isn?t Myles Turner?s deal a little over 10 million total for 4 years (2 to 3 million per year)? Rozier would definitely be an upgrade at our PG position.

mafra

Legend
The Houston Rockets are making a renewed bid to acquire Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler, including four future first-round draft picks in their most recent offer, league sources told ESPN

The Houston Rockets are making a renewed bid to acquire Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler, including four future first-round draft picks in their most recent offer, league sources told ESPN

This is the kind of move a GM makes when he doesn?t expect to be around a year or two down the road.

tiger0330

Legend
Cavs fire Ty Lue after Cavs start 0-6. Story is Altman wanted to play his young players and bench guys like Korver, Hill. Lue defied Altman in playing his vets and now gets a vacation if he wants on the 20M he's owed on the remainder of his contract.

Last edited: