Other NBA games and League

mafra

Legend
Zion Williamson is tall. But not that tall.

The No. 1 pick in this year?s NBA draft officially was listed at 6-foot-6, according to The Athletic, one inch less than what the Pelicans rookie was pegged his lone season at Duke.

The revelation comes as the league begins to crack down on misleading player information in response to 26-year-old Buddy Hield mysteriously being listed 27 on the Sacramento Kings? website last season.

?A consistent process has been created to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the data on team rosters,? NBA spokesman Mike Bass told the New York Times in September.

Part of that process includes players being measured without shoes by their team?s physicians.

In the past many teams reportedly would use the measurements listed on their players? college websites.

Zion Williamson is tall. But not that tall.

The No. 1 pick in this year?s NBA draft officially was listed at 6-foot-6, according to The Athletic, one inch less than what the Pelicans rookie was pegged his lone season at Duke.

The revelation comes as the league begins to crack down on misleading player information in response to 26-year-old Buddy Hield mysteriously being listed 27 on the Sacramento Kings? website last season.

?A consistent process has been created to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the data on team rosters,? NBA spokesman Mike Bass told the New York Times in September.

Part of that process includes players being measured without shoes by their team?s physicians.

In the past many teams reportedly would use the measurements listed on their players? college websites.

I saw this too. I guess it doesn?t matter since Zion can jump 8 feet in the air. He is a weird fit for a star basketball player. I could see him scoring 20+ ppg, leading the league in FG%, and being a top shot blocker for the next 10 years or spontaneously combusting in his 1st season never to be seen again

tiger0330

Legend
I think I said no way was he 6’7” when he was at Duke and then I saw some guy that reported he was 6’5” with a size 11 foot, the guy has small feet because I wear size 11 at less than 6 ft, also weighing in at 275 lbs a weight more fitting a football player rather than b-ball player.

Glad the NBA did this, guys claiming they’re 2 inches taller when they’re not. I hope the NBA corrects the players profiles this season with the correct stats this season.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
The Preseason games look like the NBA are gonna have a dynamic 2019-20 season .. The NBA having several top teams starting the 2019-20 season like .. Team-Lebron & AD, and Team-Kawhi/PG13/Lou, and Team-Giannis & Middleton, and Team-Embiid/ Simmons/ Harris & Horford .. All four teams performing at a championship level throughout the season. Even the NBA rookies got off to a great start in the preseason games.

The young-core teams Pelicans vs Hawks were a good game to watch, the final score 133-109 did not stop the excitement of rookie Zion vs rookie Hunter. The Hawks star PG Trae were double-team by the Pelicans two star PG Ball & Holiday for the win.

The Rockets vs the championship Raptors played a great uptempo game in Japan 134-129 Raptors win .. The Raptors backup PG-VanVleet has improved his play-making skiils at the point each of his 3 seasons to be a starter in his 4th season. Team-Harden & Westbrook tandem is automatically a 50 win team this season, the two star combo-guards has to many creative gimmicks to win.
wsup with all the political rupture ???

The Lakers 123-101 win over the GS Warriors preseason game gave us a good outlook of what will be expected from both teams in the regular season games.
The Pacers 130-106 win over the Kings in the preseason showed us two win-win underdog teams .. The Kings will miss their center WCS who sign with the Warriors in the offseason.
The Magics 125-89 win over the Spurs in the preseason games showed us the Magics will have some long depth in their rotation in the regular season.

mafra

Legend
All Zion did in his debut is score 29 (on 12-13 shooting).

???-

How stoked would we be if we had Zion/KP SF/PF duo?

tiger0330

Legend
All Zion did in his debut is score 29 (on 12-13 shooting).

———-

How stoked would we be if we had Zion/KP SF/PF duo?
Look at his shot chart, how can he miss. Lonzo and him are going to be Batman and Robin for the Pels. KP not quite the game Z had going 7-18 for 19 pts. yesterday.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Dude has hops. Remember prime Air Jordan and his hang time, the kid despite his massive frame gets up higher than the defender and literally hangs in the air like MJ did to make crazy layups and bank shots. Early indications are the bigger stronger NBA players are not going to be able to stop him even if he?s only a dunker and he never gets an outside shot.

mafra

Legend
Since the Knicks didn?t get him, I?m imaging he?ll go down as an all-time great, a mix of MJ-Barkley-DocJ...

We can only pray that RJ is just as good, NO burps out another young franchise stud... and a 25 yr-old Zion joins RJ to build a new brand at the MSG... Knicks rule 2025-2035 years... for that we pray.

If other teams can?t keep Zion from getting all his shots from less than 5 feet from the basket, he?s going to the Hall of Fame.

For what it?s worth, Pelicans were getting killed with their 1st unit including Zion on the court. Zion had a team worst plus/minus of -18 last night.

They made their huge comeback with their 2nd unit.

tiger0330

Legend
If other teams can’t keep Zion from getting all his shots from less than 5 feet from the basket, he’s going to the Hall of Fame.

For what it’s worth, Pelicans were getting killed with their 1st unit including Zion on the court. Zion had a team worst plus/minus of -18 last night.

I saw the game, quietest 29 pts in a super efficient 12-13 you ever saw, none of his baskets were that spectacular imo. I was impressed with that Bulls squad though, Young and Porter are going to buttress that young squad, Coby looks like the real deal. Zack speaks for himself and why did we give up on Kornet.

pat

Starter
I fear for his knees and hips. He has to adapt his game asap or his career will be spectacular but short-lived.

mafra

Legend
I love watching Zion and would gladly swap him for RJ... but a part of me always felt RJ would have the better career.

Time will tell.

Thankfully, we still got an RJ but one does wonder if a Hunter/Coby was the better option.

We shall see.

mafra

Legend
If other teams can?t keep Zion from getting all his shots from less than 5 feet from the basket, he?s going to the Hall of Fame.

For what it?s worth, Pelicans were getting killed with their 1st unit including Zion on the court. Zion had a team worst plus/minus of -18 last night.

Zion just scored 26 points (9-12 shooting) against Utah Jazz.

For all those who said, ?he can?t play like that in the NBA vs grown men....? well, all those folk should eat a can of worms.

He not only plays like it, but there?s more space for him to operate freely and he looks like he?s playing at a different speed.

Zion just ate Gobart for dinner. He made 2x DPOY look like he had the vertical of me.

Zion goes up and up and lands then goes up and up again.... he barrels into ?men? and those ?men? are the movable object.

It?s like, 30 years ago, 2 dumb deals in 1987 cost us Reggie Miller, Scottie Pippen, Ewing trio; 20 years ago, we almost had a young Artest and Michael Redd added to Houston and Spree team; 10 years ago we were a lottery bounce or 2 away from having Westbrook and Curry as our backcourt.... today, we just missed out on a Zion-KP front court.

Ah, life as a NYK fan.

Please!!!! Please!!! Give me something with DSJ/RJ/Knox and the rest.

Zion just scored 26 points (9-12 shooting) against Utah Jazz.

For all those who said, ?he can?t play like that in the NBA vs grown men....? well, all those folk should eat a can of worms.

He not only plays like it, but there?s more space for him to operate freely and he looks like he?s playing at a different speed.

Zion just ate Gobart for dinner. He made 2x DPOY look like he had the vertical of me.

Zion goes up and up and lands then goes up and up again.... he barrels into ?men? and those ?men? are the movable object.

It?s like, 30 years ago, 2 dumb deals in 1987 cost us Reggie Miller, Scottie Pippen, Ewing trio; 20 years ago, we almost had a young Artest and Michael Redd added to Houston and Spree team; 10 years ago we were a lottery bounce or 2 away from having Westbrook and Curry as our backcourt.... today, we just missed out on a Zion-KP front court.

Ah, life as a NYK fan.

Please!!!! Please!!! Give me something with DSJ/RJ/Knox and the rest.

Yeah, after the 1st preseason game I wasn?t impressed. Now, it kind of looks like Zion is just going to wreck people inside like he is a smaller version of Shaq.

mafra

Legend
Yeah, after the 1st preseason game I wasn?t impressed. Now, it kind of looks like Zion is just going to wreck people inside like he is a smaller version of Shaq.

Yeah, that first game wasn?t anything special. It?s still only 2 games.... but he does look like a bull in a china shop, even amongst NBA bodies.

Beal signs a 2 year 72 million extension with Washington. I?m surprised. Guess he?s okay with staying there with Wall (who seems like an intolerable ass). Beal would have been a big trade target for a bunch of teams.

Woj reporting that Zion will not play against us in tomorrow night?s preseason game. Zion went back to New Orleans to undergo testing on an injured knee.

Sigh. KP with 18 points and 13 boards in 23 minutes so far tonight. DSJ has gone from franchise player to upside starter to maybe not even good enough to be a backup PG. We?re a little less than 2 years away from being able to use the 1st of the 2 1st round picks we received. We used our cap space to sign role players.

Somewhere, Phil Jackson is laughing his ass off.