Other NBA games and League

With Celtics up 2 - 0 in the 2nd round under Kemba, Kyrie getting killed in the sports press. Kyrie leaving did Boston a real favor.

mafra

Legend
With Celtics up 2 - 0 in the 2nd round under Kemba, Kyrie getting killed in the sports press. Kyrie leaving did Boston a real favor.

You said it.... if Kyrie stays in BOS, Kemba and KD are playing for Knicks right now.

tiger0330

Legend
Questionable call in an exciting game 2 where the Heat had the lead most of the game. With seconds left, refs call a foul on Dragic on a Middleton 3. I thought it was good D like Doris Burke said but they went to Steve Jaffe the ESPN ref for his opinion but he said it was a foul and a good call. Bucks then tie the game on 3 FTs.

Miami’s Butler though on the next play gets fouled by Giannis and makes his freebies for the game ending play with no time left and the Bucks players not even on the line.

Miami takes a surprising 2 game lead in the series which given the talent gap I see in the 2 teams would be an unbelievable upset if the Heat manage to beat the Bucks.

mafra

Legend
Modern NBA.... MIA definitely fouled. As SH said, while shooter was in air, Dragic was stepping forward, and planting in landing space. Foul.

Giannis was more questionable, IMO. But both were fouls. My issue with this play, if Steph Curry does that to Giannis... ref will consider it incidental contact. I bet if Butler does it to Giannis it?s not a foul. Little guys get away with more hand contact on shooters bc ref thinks smaller guy doesn?t alter shot.

Reminded me of BS when ref awarded PG3 3 FTs when he missed game winner at MSG bc Melo?s index finger swiped the forearm and touched 4 skin cells.

tiger0330

Legend
Another close one going down to the last few seconds between OKC HOU. Shouldn't have been this close if the HOU MVP JH earned his money, another terrible game 7 for him going 4-15 for 17 pts. Harden did make a nice defensive play in blocking Dort on OKC last shot but Harden said it he was S##tty. Russ had 20 but missed two layups late that would have made the win a little easier.

Lakers look like a nightmare matchup for Houston to me, Lakers in 5 or 6.

mafra

Legend
Gallinari misses a huge FT. SGA with series-ending turnover...

Harden shot poorly...but made the big play defensively that won the game.

PHI probably misses Covington?

Steve Nash hired as new head coach of the Brooklyn Nets. Literally the first I?ve heard of this.

Nash is an all-time great player, but zero coaching experience. Make no mistake, this hire has to be heavily connected to his existing relationship with Kevin Durant.

tiger0330

Legend
Steve Nash hired as new head coach of the Brooklyn Nets. Literally the first I’ve heard of this.

Nash is an all-time great player, but zero coaching experience. Make no mistake, this hire has to be heavily connected to his existing relationship with Kevin Durant.
Shocking news. Nash was on no ones radar, never ever heard he was interested in a coaching career. I guess not the worst opportunity for a first time coach to coach a Kyrie/KD team that even without them made it to the playoffs.

tiger0330

Legend
Interesting that despite the Nets losing Kenny in March they never interviewed anyone for the job. Sean Marks must have had Nash in mind the whole time, Vaughn will remain as an asst unlike our Mike Miller, Nash will need the ex-Orlando HC and interim Nets HC as a first time HC.

Happiest guy in the Nets hiring Nash is RJs dad Rowan saying his son plays for one NY team and his best friend coaches the other. Look for Rowan Barrett to be at every Knicks/Nets game next season.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Another game going to the final seconds in that BOS/TOR game. Vanvleet makes an acrobatic layup with his left hand to tie the game with 21 secs left.

Kemba gets trapped by the TOR defense on the other end but weaves through to keep his dribble live and finds Theiss cutting to the rim and makes a great bounce pass through the TOR defense for a dunk giving the Celts a 2 pt lead.

With .5 seconds left enough time for a catch and shoot bucket and TOR inbounding the ball on the right sideline. Stevens puts in the 7'5" Tacko Fall to bother the 6 Ft Kyle Lowry inbound pass. Lowry makes a fantastic pass to OG in the left corner the whole width of the court and OG catches and jumps to take the 3 pt game winner and makes it.

Toronto not dead yet but a near must win for them in game 4.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
WOW! Anunoby makes 23-foot three point jumper with 0.5 seconds left in game to give the Toronto Raptors a 104-103 WIN in Game 3 over the Boston Celtrics .. Remarkable !!!
Throughout tonight game the Celtrics looked to have-had full control of the game to get their 3rd win of the series, until the final 0.5 seconds left in the game when Lowry threw a in-bound pass straight to a wide open Anunoby, who hit the 3-ball last-shot of the game to give the Toronto Raptors a win to make the series a 2-1 Boston lead. Remarkable shot, watching the 2nd half of game looked like 3-0 Boston sweep was bout to happen.
In the past 3 seasons Boston has average an above .600 record each season from their dynamic chemistry Trio of (Smart/Brown/Tatum) leadership on the court. The Boston Trio best quality lies in their complimentary performance of improving their teammates consistency performance on both sides of the court.

In the Eastern Conference .. Boston and the Miami Heats has won their first 6 postseason games.
Tonight, Boston had a 104-103 loss in their 7th postseason game.
The Miami Heat will play their 7th postseason game (Fri) tomorrow Sept. 4th vs the Bucks.

Kiyaman

Legend
Crazy shot... Meanwhile, Gallinari chokes and missed a key FT last night.

I dont see OKC resigning FA Gallo for next season, after the miss FT.
And NO the Knicks dont need Gallo or Melo on the roster next season, we already have a bench-player Randle in the Knicks starter lineup.

tiger0330

Legend
Crazy shot... Meanwhile, Gallinari chokes and missed a key FT last night.

I dont see OKC resigning FA Gallo for next season, after the miss FT.
And NO the Knicks dont need Gallo or Melo on the roster next season, we already have a bench-player Randle in the Knicks starter lineup.
What are you guys talking about? Saw the game and IIRC HOU had a 2 pt lead when Gallo missed that inbounds foul FT. Not like even if he made it the score would have been tied, so they still needed a score to win it or tie it, OKC didn't even get to run a play when the Rox broke up the inbounds pass.

mafra

Legend
That?s a big FT, b/c of the scenario...

What more needs to be said?

If he swishes it, OKC is down 1, with the ball, and plenty of time to score. A bucket wins it, and that by its very critical nature places more pressure on the opposing defense. It doesn?t have the luxury of playing for OT, don?t surrender a 3 type defense.

Or satins its historic or iconic, just a subtle jab to a NYK fan, to remind us of the awful b-ball we?ve been forced to watch for 20 years.

BTW... you see that sweet dish Kemba had that nearly sealed the series! Wow! What an indictment on Kyrie... where BOS is today... Same with Towns and Minny... look at where Butler is today.

This makes me feel better about Thibs. Butler couldn?t do this in Minny bc Wiggins and Towns were at fault...

tiger0330

Legend
That’s a big FT, b/c of the scenario...

What more needs to be said?

If he swishes it, OKC is down 1, with the ball, and plenty of time to score. A bucket wins it, and that by its very critical nature places more pressure on the opposing defense. It doesn’t have the luxury of playing for OT, don’t surrender a 3 type defense.

Or satins its historic or iconic, just a subtle jab to a NYK fan, to remind us of the awful b-ball we’ve been forced to watch for 20 years.

BTW... you see that sweet dish Kemba had that nearly sealed the series! Wow! What an indictment on Kyrie... where BOS is today... Same with Towns and Minny... look at where Butler is today.

This makes me feel better about Thibs. Butler couldn’t do this in Minny bc Wiggins and Towns were at fault...
Wrote about Kemba's pass in the final minute if that's the one your referring to.

OKC had 1.5 seconds to make a shot from the Rox side of the court, would have taken a miracle and the difference would have been a tie to go to OT and not a loss if Gallo made his FT. As it turns out OKC last play was a bust making Gallo's FT miss irrelevant.

tiger0330

Legend
Bucks about to go down 0-3 to MIA. Unbelievable, The Freak as MVP my ass, playoffs don't count but they should. You can stop him, build a wall, force him to take 3s and use all your fouls to make him beat you from the charity stripe which he won't. Changes are coming in MIL with Bud looking like he'll be collecting unemployment soon.