Porzingis blows off exit meeting

mafra

Legend
Like we talked about before, KP should be shopped before the draft to see what he would fetch....

I would seek a combination of assets -- a young player and 2 first rounders... If BOS offered the top pick and next year's Nets pick.... that might be enough for me.

However, I'm not selling him at 80-cents on the dollar. And, in a way, if his defiance is based on him trying to assume a leadership role and knowing Phil is gone in 2 years, then I can live with what he's doing.

Still, I'm considered about his ability to last a full season.

So, would Jaylon Brown and Fultz and next years BKLN pick be enough for KP, KOQ and LEE?

tiger0330

Legend
I read in that Daily News article that KP is still not answering Horn's text msgs. I wonder when Horn goes over there to watch the Euro games if KP gives him the cold shoulder, if he does I'd say the rumor mill and trade talks start for real.

Broadway

All Star
Like we talked about before, KP should be shopped before the draft to see what he would fetch....

So, would Jaylon Brown and Fultz and next years BKLN pick be enough for KP, KOQ and LEE?

We're not getting that from Boston...Tig confirmed this with what the Celtic owner recently said about moving the pick.

For the record I mentioned #kporzee's value is nowhere close to the likes of say someone like Butler or PG13...

Well I recently read a report the Hawks offered the Pacers 4 1st rnd draft picks(none at this point Top 5 lottery) for PG13 and they said no!

We're not getting 3 picks(2 top 5 lottery - Brown/Fultz) plus another 1st(could be lottery) for #kporzee

Broadway

All Star
I read in that Daily News article that KP is still not answering Horn's text msgs. I wonder when Horn goes over there to watch the Euro games if KP gives him the cold shoulder, if he does I'd say the rumor mill and trade talks start for real.

Hornacek is becoming less and less relevant...the article mentioned Phil is going to be more hands on which could result in less meaningful player relationships with the coach.

Not saying Hornacek is lame duck but he isn't a fortefied figure. This recent meeting with Phil had with #kporzee's brother is a stronger indication of where things are at which is about as bad as it could be.

mafra

Legend
We're not getting that from Boston...Tig confirmed this with what the Celtic owner recently said about moving the pick.

For the record I mentioned #kporzee's value is nowhere close to the likes of say someone like Butler or PG13...

Well I recently read a report the Hawks offered the Pacers 4 1st rnd draft picks(none at this point Top 5 lottery) for PG13 and they said no!

We're not getting 3 picks(2 top 5 lottery - Brown/Fultz) plus another 1st(could be lottery) for #kporzee

Maybe not.... but I tell you right now I wouldn't trade KP for Brown and Fultz.... that's probably going to be the main obstacle to dealing KP.... 2 assets not enough and 3 might be deemed too much.

But, like I said, I'm only dealing KP for a deal that really benefits me.... so, say you settle for Fultz and Brown....
Fultz turns out to be a bust, like Russell, and Brown is just a decent rotation player.... obviously, if KP continues to progress and turns into a star, then that deal doesn't work.

I look at what DEN got for Melo.... that's what I demand, or else O just hold on to him.

Broadway

All Star
Maybe not.... but I tell you right now I wouldn't trade KP for Brown and Fultz.... that's probably going to be the main obstacle to dealing KP.... 2 assets not enough and 3 might be deemed too much.

But, like I said, I'm only dealing KP for a deal that really benefits me.... so, say you settle for Fultz and Brown....
Fultz turns out to be a bust, like Russell, and Brown is just a decent rotation player.... obviously, if KP continues to progress and turns into a star, then that deal doesn't work.

I look at what DEN got for Melo.... that's what I demand, or else O just hold on to him.

It could be Fox and Brown...you think Fox is going to be a bust? It could be Monk and Brown you think Monk is going to be a bust? Anyway that's not where his value is currently. Had we ended our season say like the Heat or #kporzee had a Towns like season maybe. Once again I bet Ainge says no to Towns for the #1. #kporzee isn't really close to Towns at the moment, so banking on his progression while down playing getting something good/great at #1 is being a little disingenuous.

Here's what we know more than likely than any of the above scenarios, Knicks are going to be bad at least another yr if not 2. Unless #kporzee turns into Towns quickly you may not be able to get a Brown for #kporzee straight up.

The way his brother is talking....

"when my brother is free if not traded he can control his own destiny" <------ that's that Melo talk.

You do realize this could get worse right? The Melo situation never got better never forget that. There's always two sides to every coin! I'm not saying give him away but this could be a case of addition by subtraction in theory.

mafra

Legend
I'm not really concerned about what other teams think.... how that impacts KP's value. I'm simply stating what it would take for me, if I were in control, to move KP.

Cousins recently fetched pretty much what would be comparable to what I would demand: a recent lottery pick plus a top draft pick.

Cousins is a year from free agency and has some locker room and attitude red flags.

KP's bro might be Mr. Ball for all I know.... still, this doesn't lower KP's value to me.

KP has stood up nicely to the media scrutiny that is the cauldron of NY. He's answered the tough questions and his attitude has been both refreshing and professional.

He dealt with the nonsense that is this franchise and endures its worst year ever.... I won't hold it against that he's honest and wants to see and stand up for Melo, or he flipped Phil off or won't call back his HC.

A drunk tweet? Who knows, but still....

His health would be a little red flag, but I don't think KP standing up to Phil and Dolan and Horn will be held against him by other execs. His potential and toughness has been evident in his first 2 seasons.

So, comparing apples to Oldsmobiles here when we evaluate a draft pick or when I weigh that pick's value when I'm considering trading my top commodity. A bird in the hand always worth 2 in the bush.

But, if that's the question, would I take the #1 pick plus Brown for KP? No, I wouldn't. I may relent and take another player or another first rounder (not Nets pick). Would I take the top pick this season and the Nets pick next year? I would consider that... sure... but would still try to get something else too.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
I'm not really concerned about what other teams think.... how that impacts KP's value. I'm simply stating what it would take for me, if I were in control, to move KP.

Cousins recently fetched pretty much what would be comparable to what I would demand: a recent lottery pick plus a top draft pick.

Cousins is a year from free agency and has some locker room and attitude red flags.

KP's bro might be Mr. Ball for all I know.... still, this doesn't lower KP's value to me.

KP has stood up nicely to the media scrutiny that is the cauldron of NY. He's answered the tough questions and his attitude has been both refreshing and professional.

He dealt with the nonsense that is this franchise and endures its worst year ever.... I won't hold it against that he's honest and wants to see and stand up for Melo, or he flipped Phil off or won't call back his HC.

A drunk tweet? Who knows, but still....

His health would be a little red flag, but I don't think KP standing up to Phil and Dolan and Horn will be held against him by other execs. His potential and toughness has been evident in his first 2 seasons.

So, comparing apples to Oldsmobiles here when we evaluate a draft pick or when I weigh that pick's value when I'm considering trading my top commodity. A bird in the hand always worth 2 in the bush.

But, if that's the question, would I take the #1 pick plus Brown for KP? No, I wouldn't. I may relent and take another player or another first rounder (not Nets pick). Would I take the top pick this season and the Nets pick next year? I would consider that... sure... but would still try to get something else too.
I guess you had a change of heart about the Brown + #1 for KP. Probably can't happen because Boston hangs onto it based on what Wyc Grousebeck said, thinking like you they want PG or KLove for it or heaven and earth to give it up.

After that meeting KP bro had with Phil which I thought was outrageous, having a young player try to dictate team policy, yes the Knicks are a disaster but do you see the vets like CLee, LT etc bitching about it. I'm not sure what his demands are either, he wants the team to construct a team to win, fire the coach, keep Melo, ditch the triangle? I can't remember any young player bitching about how the club is managed, PHI, ORL all whom have young players on losing teams, are they making waves about they want their clubs to be run differently.

If I'm PJ I'm indignant and I'm on the phone trying to see what kind of a deal I can work out and a Jaylen + #1 is looking good to me because KP was a 4th pick and you get back a 3 and 1 pick for him. And if PJ is accurate about We're good at our jobs they should be able to get the best player in this draft. I like KP but he showed me cracks in his armor and there's a chance he'll never be a franchise type player. This BS with him not returning text MSGs to his coach, blowing off his exit interview says he wants to be traded and PJ should accomodate him.

A telltale sign to me is how much work is he doing in the off-season. If he's just traveling around Europe basking in being an NBA celebrity and partying it would really make me consider trading him, the draft will be here pretty soon so PJ needs to do his diligence quickly.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I guess you had a change of heart about the Brown + #1 for KP. Probably can't happen because Boston hangs onto it based on what Wyc Grousebeck said, thinking like you they want PG or KLove for it or heaven and earth to give it up.

After that meeting KP bro had with Phil which I thought was outrageous, having a young player try to dictate team policy, yes the Knicks are a disaster but do you see the vets like CLee, LT etc bitching about it. I'm not sure what his demands are either, he wants the team to construct a team to win, fire the coach, keep Melo, ditch the triangle? I can't remember any young player bitching about how the club is managed, PHI, ORL all whom have young players on losing teams, are they making waves about they want their clubs to be run differently.

If I'm PJ I'm indignant and I'm on the phone trying to see what kind of a deal I can work out and a Jaylen + #1 is looking good to me because KP was a 4th pick and you get back a 3 and 1 pick for him. And if PJ is accurate about We're good at our jobs they should be able to get the best player in this draft. I like KP but he showed me cracks in his armor and there's a chance he'll never be a franchise type player. This BS with him not returning text MSGs to his coach, blowing off his exit interview says he wants to be traded and PJ should accomodate him.

A telltale sign to me is how much work is he doing in the off-season. If he's just traveling around Europe basking in being an NBA celebrity and partying it would really make me consider trading him, the draft will be here pretty soon so PJ needs to do his diligence quickly.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: TIG

If 2-3 mos later after the season ended one feels no different and in all honesty becoming more distant, that's a major problem. I totally agree with you Tig in where was #kporzee's professionalism to close out the season? Exactly how he feels via brother's mouthpiece he could have and should have told Phil right to his face LIKE A MAN...Man the eff up Son!

Instead #kporzee took the Melo route where word has to get back through another source about his displeasure, passive aggressive behavior which is trash. At least Phil although tacky in execution tells these guys in many of different ways what he's thinking.

Phil can ask for heaven and earth for #kporzee but it will only position him more as the laughingstock Exec he is at present. He better treat this situation with some smarts and wherewithal. Be proactive and send a message to everyone coming in next 2yrs, cut it out. If that means changing current player's zip codes so be it. #kprozee is becoming extremely high maintenance and a diva all in just his 2nd yr. I mean this franchise has been dysfunctional for quite some time but even past rookies didn't do things like this, with maybe exception to Larry Brown's short tenure(but they told Isaiah to his face what they felt about Brown) at season's end.

Boston will hold on to the 2017 1st if for the simple fact they do decide to make a play for Butler or George or other big name target

We can get Brooklyn's swap 2018 1st, Crowder, Rozier or 2nd rndrs from Boston for KP/Filler.

There's no time to waste!

Broadway

All Star
The wheels are coming off...

So who's overseas monitoring his progress now, such as keeping him off Twitter...OH WAIT!

Kiyaman

Legend
Tiger .. im surprise u mention trade KP .. I only want KP out of the starter/finisher lineups because KP has no skills what so ever as a NBA starter, nor do KP has any skills as a finisher. KP has talent but he lacks the skills of a professional basketball player in the NBA to be given the position the Knicks president n owner gave KP. The blame could be put on Phil Jackson for the lack of development KP receive from the three head coaches in 2 seasons.
The input KP receive from 3 different head coaches lead KP to have a retrogressive season for his agent plus Melo should have spoke-out not his brother .. recall the Lakers 2006-7 season when Kobe spoke out about Andrew Bynum poor performance, the Lakers went out and hired Kareem Jabbar as Andrew Bynum trainer/coach for the season and offseason.

Broadway

All Star
Tiger .. im surprise u mention trade KP .. I only want KP out of the starter/finisher lineups because KP has no skills what so ever as a NBA starter, nor do KP has any skills as a finisher. KP has talent but he lacks the skills of a professional basketball player in the NBA to be given the position the Knicks president n owner gave KP. The blame could be put on Phil Jackson for the lack of development KP receive from the three head coaches in 2 seasons.
The input KP receive from 3 different head coaches lead KP to have a retrogressive season for his agent plus Melo should have spoke-out not his brother .. recall the Lakers 2006-7 season when Kobe spoke out about Andrew Bynum poor performance, the Lakers went out and hired Kareem Jabbar as Andrew Bynum trainer/coach for the season and offseason.

Why would you want the player you want traded(Melo) to speak out? In theory that sounds nice but not in reality at this stage of organizational reset. #kporzee should've have went to Phil like a man and no one else.

Melo is nothing more than a footnote at this point

tiger0330

Legend
The wheels are coming off...

So who's overseas monitoring his progress now, such as keeping him off Twitter...OH WAIT!
Didn't think Longstaff was the right coach to develop your possible franchise big man, he supposedly worked hard and was well liked so something doesn't add up here. All this has the feel of some kind of move going down.

Broadway

All Star
Didn't think Longstaff was the right coach to develop your possible franchise big man, he supposedly worked hard and was well liked so something doesn't add up here. All this has the feel of some kind of move going down.

Yeah if he was bad(which maybe he was by way of results) he could've been fired well before now. This is a message sent by Phil don't threaten me or berate through the media #kporzee(brother in crime)...I run this show! Wouldn't be surprised if his brother didn't ask for a trade in their last meeting

I'll applaud Phil if he can execute something worthwhile, especially if he gets ROI in this coming draft. Orlando is probably game

Kiyaman

Legend
Why would you want the player you want traded(Melo) to speak out? In theory that sounds nice but not in reality at this stage of organizational reset. #kporzee should've have went to Phil like a man and no one else.

Melo is nothing more than a footnote at this point

Cant stand Melo being in a Knicks uniform, but Melo is Dolan's Golden Boy having a NTC
If its up to Dolan .. we keep Melo, trade KP for a 1 to 10 draft pick on draft night.
Rambis n Hornacek need to be released too

Kiyaman

Legend
KP is getting plenty news before the 2017 draft night ......

The Knicks are trying their best to run Porzingis out of town

The New York Knicks and Kristaps Porzingis are having a rocky offseason and things likely just got a whole lot worse. On Sunday the Knicks announced they would not be renewing the contract of Josh Longstaff, who happens to be Porzingis' favorite assistant coach on the team. Something tells me this isn't going to end well.
The offseason started with Porzingis skipping exit meetings with the team's front office, and continued down a dark path when Porzingis ignored a text from head coach Jeff Hornacek. Now the franchise has extended president Phil Jackson's contract and fired Longstaff, who is tight with the budding Latvian star.
Porzingis and Longstaff are so close, that New York's young stud reportedly requested for him to serve as an assistant on the Latvian national team this summer at the European Championships. The 34-year-old Longstaff was mostly involved with player development, which is how he got close to Porzingis and the team's other young players.
This is just moronic. Porzingis is a 21-year-old who has guard skills despite being 7'3″ and 240 pounds. While he regressed a bit in advanced metrics during his second season, the former lottery pick did set career highs in points (18.1), assists (1.5), blocks (2.0) and minutes (32.8) per game. He also upped his field goal percentage from 42.1 to 45.0 and his 3-point percentage from 33.3 to 35.7. The Knicks should be doing everything they can to appease him right now, not messing with his head.
None of this is good for Knicks fans, who clearly want the team to dump Carmelo Anthony as quickly as possible and build around Porzingis.
As it stands right now, the Knicks and Porzingis have a really damaged relationship. Something has to change if they want their young start to get back into the fold and fully buy-in to the franchise.

and1

Rotation player
i don't know if i'd want to trade him. unless the doctors strongly suspect that the achilles is going to end up being a serious problem, i don't quite see the point in it.
draft picks are like a crap shoot. if you get something that looks like it's going to be decent (which i think KP is), trading that away for another crap shoot that may end up being a bust is kind of foolish.
even if that pick turns out to be decent... you just traded away something decent for something decent. and then what? you still have other roles to fill.
we've already got a 1st round pick. it's 8, but this is a PG heavy draft.
on the other hand (and there usually is almost always another hand), it's starting to look like KP is going to bounce to another team as soon as he becomes a free agent and his phone starts ringing (and honestly i wouldn't blame him one bit). if there's any truth at all to these stories, it might be worth getting something for him now rather than letting him walk for nothing.
i just hope that no matter what we end up doing, we don't get ball. if we do get him, all the media drama and day to day circus crap that's going to follow him might be enough for me to walk away from the nba for the next 10 or so years LMAO, or until he leaves the knicks. i want nothing to do with that dude ('if you can't afford my shoes, then you're not a big baller') or his whack dad.

Broadway

All Star
i don't know if i'd want to trade him. unless the doctors strongly suspect that the achilles is going to end up being a serious problem, i don't quite see the point in it.
draft picks are like a crap shoot. if you get something that looks like it's going to be decent (which i think KP is), trading that away for another crap shoot that may end up being a bust is kind of foolish.
even if that pick turns out to be decent... you just traded away something decent for something decent. and then what?

Then why have fans been so bent out of shape for trading picks all these yrs of assumed unknowns? That sounds foolish! Knick fans have had the hardest time dealing with present while trying to look at the future. Seems very much like a stay in the moment fan base no matter how bad the moments are. No one is looking to trade #kporzee for a straight up prospect, we can get a little more but why wouldn't we use this opportunity during this draft to exhaust all avenues of doing so?

We owe it to this franchise to conduct business in this fashion and disregard any player or fan feelings at this point,

i just hope that no matter what we end up doing, we don't get ball. if we do get him, all the media drama and day to day circus crap that's going to follow him might be enough for me to walk away from the nba for the next 10 or so years LMAO, or until he leaves the knicks. i want nothing to do with that dude ('if you can't afford my shoes, then you're not a big baller') or his whack dad.

His dad doesn't bother me but I get the concerns at the end of the day it's going to come down to basketball...Lebron and Iverson came with quite the baggage themselves and turned out more than alright!