Knicks Pre-season

Trier never stopped attacking in that 2nd quarter. He ends up with 20 points on 6 of 9 shooting from the field and 7 for 7 from the line at the end of the 1st half. Fizdale already figuring out what Hornack never seemed to get. Mix and match players aggressive on offense with your strong defensive players. Using Ntilikina to slow down the Nets point of attack and then letting Trier and THJ run the show on offense.

tiger0330

Legend
Trier the rook with his first half time interview, an honor given to the best player in the first half. Fast talker, articulate, full of confidence about his game. I like him.

Impressive performance by Trier, he's 6-7 along with 3 FTs. Don't forget Fiz praised him for his chase down blocks so he can come up with some defensive plays also. Breen talking about he's on a 2 way that they can convert to a regular contract but they have to cut a guaranteed contract, I guess that would be Noah but if they need another name, let me toss in Mudiay who has been a zero despite working on his game all summer along with this being a contract year where you would expect him to be playing out of his mind for his next deal.

I think the writing is on the wall for Mudiay. Fizdale only gave him 6 minutes in the 1st half. In that 6 minutes, he shot 0 for 4 with 1 turnover and 0 assists. It's only one preseason game, but if Mudiay doesn't get it going, he's going to need an injury to open up minutes for him once the season starts.

Trier the rook with his first half time interview, an honor given to the best player in the first half. Fast talker, articulate, full of confidence about his game. I like him.

I had forgotten until the announcers mentioned it that Trier is already 22. He "played" 3 seasons in college, although he lost the bulk of that time because of testing positive twice for a banned substance. Definitely has a maturity advantage over a lot of other rookies.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks were down as much 14 pts in the 2nd but came back to take 50-46 lead at yhe half. 20 pts in 16 mins for Trier, credit to Nits for his D to help get them back in it.

tiger0330

Legend
I think the writing is on the wall for Mudiay. Fizdale only gave him 6 minutes in the 1st half. In that 6 minutes, he shot 0 for 4 with 1 turnover and 0 assists. It's only one preseason game, but if Mudiay doesn't get it going, he's going to need an injury to open up minutes for him once the season starts.
Mudiay was awful on Monday also, one alley oop play to MRob is the only play he's made in the pre-season. Can't blame it on rust or lack of motivation, he just can't play.

Well, Walt just said it. When asked if Ntilikina is better suited to be a PG or a 2 guard, Walt said unequivocally that Ntilikina should be a 2 guard. Walt said that Ntilikina does not have the instinct to break down a defense and that is essential for a PG.

Kanter already in mid season stat sheet stuffing form. 16 points and 17 rebounds halfway through the 3rd quarter. If he gets paid next offseason based on his stats alone, he is going to get a big contract.

mafra

Legend
Knits isn?t a PG. At best, he develops into a Rivers, Cheeks, Ron Harper type PG. most likely, Charlie Ward is his ceiling.

Trier is 10 times the offensive player right now....

Hezonja quiet tonight. Just checks back into the game for Knox with less than 4 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

Knits isn’t a PG. At best, he develops into a Rivers, Cheeks, Ron Harper type PG. most likely, Charlie Ward is his ceiling.

Trier is 10 times the offensive player right now....

I'm starting to like the early returns from that Trier and Ntilikina backcourt. Trier and Knox can create their own shot. Doesn't take Chris Paul to dump the ball down into the low post to Kanter. It can work maybe. Would be nice if we had one player on this team who can help other players create their shot though.

I'm glad Kanter missed that 3 maybe he'll stop taking them. Enes stick to what got you those 18 pts and 18 rbs.

I just looked it up. Kanter had 0 attempts from 3 point range last season in 71 games. I really hope that trend continues this next season.

This is fun. Fizdale has Ntilikina, Mudiay, Trier, Hezonja, and Robinson out there. Mudiay knocks down a jumper. Ntilikina with the great block that sparks the Trier fast break for the and-1.

mafra

Legend
I'm starting to like the early returns from that Trier and Ntilikina backcourt. Trier and Knox can create their own shot. Doesn't take Chris Paul to dump the ball down into the low post to Kanter. It can work maybe. Would be nice if we had one player on this team who can help other players create their shot though.

First 2 months of the season should be a grand experiment to see what backcourt works best.

Knits, THjr, Mudiay, Burke, Trier and Dotson. 6 guys to mix and match and see what works and who is worth keeping.

tiger0330

Legend
MRob just sprained his ankle, pretty sure it's serious enough to miss some practices and a couple of preseason games. I hope hes able to come back by Oct. 17.

Vonleh comes on after Robinson turns his ankle. Vonleh gets the block which leads to Hezonja drawing the foul in transition. This team is loaded with young guys looking to make/save their NBA careers. Effort shouldn?t be an issue this season.

Great hustle play by Baker diving to the floor to get the steal and getting the ball to Hicks for the dunk. I just wish Baker brought a little more to the table than just hustle, but he is certainly in the mix for minutes too.