Knicks Pre-season

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Some rookies will play well right away and we will call for them to start or get playing time, some will need time and will not be good during their playing time and hurt the team while developing but they will get there. and some will not be good and will stay like that..... it is the coach and management job to bet on the right people, if they are good managers and coaches, they will be able to know after some time who is worth developing and who needs to do..... till then i guess the rotation will be a mess.

Kiyaman

Legend
First preseason game tonight .. Knicks vs Wizards

Predicting tonite starter lineup ?

PG Mudiay
SG Timmy
SFKnox
PF Mario
C Kanter
?????????????

My Finisher lineup to beat the Wiz .. Trey Frank Knox Robinson Kanter !!!

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks coach David Fizdale announced his starting lineup for the preseason opener against the Wizards on Monday, and the lone surprise was last year?s captain, Lance Thomas, securing the power-forward position over newly signed Mario Hezonja.
A bulkier Thomas has wowed Fizdale with his defense and leadership. Trey Burke will start at point guard alongside Tim Hardaway Jr. in the backcourt. As expected, rookie Kevin Knox will begin the game at small forward and Enes Kanter at center.

And I thought Mario Hezonja skills n hustle fit best at the SF position .. I guess we got another small-minded small-ball head coach in fizdale too !!!

I read we may see a starting lineup of:

Trey
THJ
Hezonja
Lance
Kanter

in the game Monday. That's a lineup that doesn't even get you 30 wins in the NBA if that's the starting lineup in the regular season.

This is spot on except for Knox instead of Hezonja.

tiger0330

Legend
Trey
THJ
Knox
LT
Kanter

Starting lineup. LT scores the first points of the new season, with a 3.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Lot of hype surrounding KK, he talks the talk but not in a boastful, overbearing way but in measured tones recognizing his lack of experience but having a plan for him developing.

tiger0330

Legend
Mudiay 1-5, most of his misses at the rim with his 1 bucket a layup, much like last season. He has to get better otherwise he'll be playing in China again.

tiger0330

Legend
Perry is at the game, taking a business trip even if it's only a pre-season game. Most people would say so what but he's doing his job unlike PJ who would only make a trip if it took him home to LA. Front office is moving in the right direction after the 60M man.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 29

tiger0330

Legend
Very entertaining first game of the season. Knicks get a 124-121 OT win, their work playing in Westchester all summer paid some dividends. KK with a double double and MRob looked good and so did Trier with a 13 pt game. I would be surprised if KK doesn't get the starting 3 spot on opening night. It was supposed to be a 3 man fight for that PG spot, none of Mudiay, Trey or Nits impressed me enough to think their NBA PG's. I don't even think Fiz is considering Nits as the starting PG. If Nit's is in the rotation maybe he's backing up THJ at the 2, and he better watch out because Trier might win that spot.

Lots of excitement at other positions, but this team needs a PG. Kyrie is not coming here in 2019. Ntilikina, Mudiay, and Burke are definitely possible rotation players, but none of them look like starting NBA PGs.

tiger0330

Legend
Lots of excitement at other positions, but this team needs a PG. Kyrie is not coming here in 2019. Ntilikina, Mudiay, and Burke are definitely possible rotation players, but none of them look like starting NBA PGs.
I wonder if Trier could play the point, not much time left to get this sorted out but Fiz has had all summer to see if Trier has what it takes at PG. Mudiay looked like the Mudiay from last season albeit slimmer. Same with Frank, all the hype about his body development and his game hasn't changed from what I saw last night, still slow with the ball, didn't see the handle needed from an NBA PG as opposed to Trier who on one play froze his defender with the threat of a crossover ala Kyrie and blew by him for a layup. Frank was +7 and hit a 3 but no FTs still shows the inability to break down a defense.

Kiyaman

Legend
I wonder if Trier could play the point, not much time left to get this sorted out but Fiz has had all summer to see if Trier has what it takes at PG. Mudiay looked like the Mudiay from last season albeit slimmer. Same with Frank, all the hype about his body development and his game hasn't changed from what I saw last night, still slow with the ball, didn't see the handle needed from an NBA PG as opposed to Trier who on one play froze his defender with the threat of a crossover ala Kyrie and blew by him for a layup. Frank was +7 and hit a 3 but no FTs still shows the inability to break down a defense.

The Knicks has practically a full roster of young-core RAW players, and no vet mentor players to prepare any of the young-core players for a 82 game season. The Knicks has been in dire need the past four off-season to sign an experience PG to a long term contract from the FA market to lead the point, plus mentor the young-core guards.

The best game i seen Lance Thomas have as a Knick were last night in a preseason game vs the Wizards.
Fort Knox played a decent game, but it shows he need a veteran mentor so Knox could be more creative.
I want a Mitchell Robinson Jersey Now !!!

What i got out of the Knicks first preseason game was the Knicks are not gonna do so well in the upcoming season playing SMALL BALL .. We are a 20 win team this season !!!
The Knicks still dont have 1 reliable PF on our roster .. last night i watched the Wizards PF Morris try to punk our rookie Mitchell Robinson .. The Wizards front court lineup this regular season will be C-Dwight Howard, PF-Morris, and Porter or Oubre .. The Knicks will lose practically every regular season game to the Wizards/Philly/Boston/Raptors/Cavs/Pacers/and Pistons this season, and it will not be because of the Knicks Point guards .. It will be because the Knicks are still without a decent PF to give us a defensive presence inside the paint plus a double-double stat every other game (7.3 KP position the past 3 yrs has been at the SF/SG spot SMH) !!!

Preseason game 2 against the Nets tonight. Halfway through the 2nd quarter we look bad and are down by 38 - 24. This seems like a more realistic prediction of how this season is going to go than the game against the Wizards. Too many players on our roster who are simply trying to figure out whether they can be NBA players or not. Absolutely no significant team chemistry on the court.

One bright spot so far is Trier with 7 points in 10 minutes off the bench. As Tig suggested, maybe Trier can run the point for us if no one else pans out.

Another nice drive by Trier, absorbs the contact, and gets the and-1. Couple possessions later he scores again off the dribble penetration and now has 12 points in 12 minutes. 5 of 6 from the floor. Definitely has the skills to score off the dribble. Not sure he has the facilitator skills to be an NBA PG though. At least he hasn't shown them yet.

tiger0330

Legend
Impressive performance by Trier, he's 6-7 along with 3 FTs. Don't forget Fiz praised him for his chase down blocks so he can come up with some defensive plays also. Breen talking about he's on a 2 way that they can convert to a regular contract but they have to cut a guaranteed contract, I guess that would be Noah but if they need another name, let me toss in Mudiay who has been a zero despite working on his game all summer along with this being a contract year where you would expect him to be playing out of his mind for his next deal.