Game thread: New York Knicks @ New Orleans Pelicans 8:00 11/16/2018 [Game #16]

mafra

Legend
I agree with all your posts... Good to upper tier teams ?preserve? energy on nights they play bad teams.... they go through the motions, letting their role players step up and just want to keep game within striking distance... knowing they?ll make enough plays down stretch to pull out the victory.

In other words, there are no moral victories for ?competing? b/c teams are toying with us.

Personally, I love games like tonight. We lead all game and still walk away with our loss. June can?t come here quick enough.
Only about 50-60 more games where we root for the loss.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 14

tiger0330

Legend
I agree with all your posts... Good to upper tier teams “preserve” energy on nights they play bad teams.... they go through the motions, letting their role players step up and just want to keep game within striking distance... knowing they’ll make enough plays down stretch to pull out the victory.

In other words, there are no moral victories for “competing” b/c teams are toying with us.

Personally, I love games like tonight. We lead all game and still walk away with our loss. June can’t come here quick enough.

I always like to see W's but they competed tonight but their inexperience cost them the which I can live with. These kids are going to get better which is a given also, Trier is going to cost someone a roster spot.

Kiyaman

Legend
I agree with all your posts... Good to upper tier teams “preserve” energy on nights they play bad teams.... they go through the motions, letting their role players step up and just want to keep game within striking distance... knowing they’ll make enough plays down stretch to pull out the victory.

In other words, there are no moral victories for “competing” b/c teams are toying with us.

Personally, I love games like tonight. We lead all game and still walk away with our loss. June can’t come here quick enough.

So True .. i liked tonight games too .. But Damn! We let the Pels score 41 pts in the 4th quarter .. where's the 4th qtr. defense ???
When are we gonna hire Rasheed Wallace & Chauncey Billups full-time for our 3 rookie developing-season ??????

mafra

Legend
?I think when guys put their heads down and when a team goes on a run, we see that a lot on our team,?? Burke said after the Knicks fell to 4-12. ?A team hits a shot or two shots, we put our heads down. It?s not time to put our heads down. We got to get the ball out and go back at them while they?re celebrating.?

Burke was dusted off after not playing for three of the past four games and struck for 24 points on 10 of 13 shooting, but he was removed down the stretch when the Knicks collapsed. The end also spoiled a 30-point night by Tim Hardaway Jr. and a solid outing for new starting point guard Emmanuel Mudiay, who notched 16 of his 19 points in the first half.

Burke revealed John Starks was at their Tarrytown campus giving a speech to the club about not fading late in games. Starks was referring to the fact the Knicks were tied in the fourth quarter in eight of their first nine losses. Burke said he would address the club on the issues in Orlando, where they play Sunday.

?We can?t keep saying the young-team thing because we?re in all of these games,?? Burke said. ?That?s not the goal ? to be in the game. The goal is to have more points than the opponent when the buzzer sounds. John Starks talked about it. He came in the locker room and said when that five-minute mark hits the clock in the fourth quarter, there?s a whole level of focus we have to have.?

NY Post

tiger0330

Legend
“I think when guys put their heads down and when a team goes on a run, we see that a lot on our team,’’ Burke said after the Knicks fell to 4-12. “A team hits a shot or two shots, we put our heads down. It’s not time to put our heads down. We got to get the ball out and go back at them while they’re celebrating.”

Burke was dusted off after not playing for three of the past four games and struck for 24 points on 10 of 13 shooting, but he was removed down the stretch when the Knicks collapsed. The end also spoiled a 30-point night by Tim Hardaway Jr. and a solid outing for new starting point guard Emmanuel Mudiay, who notched 16 of his 19 points in the first half.

Burke revealed John Starks was at their Tarrytown campus giving a speech to the club about not fading late in games. Starks was referring to the fact the Knicks were tied in the fourth quarter in eight of their first nine losses. Burke said he would address the club on the issues in Orlando, where they play Sunday.

“We can’t keep saying the young-team thing because we’re in all of these games,’’ Burke said. “That’s not the goal — to be in the game. The goal is to have more points than the opponent when the buzzer sounds. John Starks talked about it. He came in the locker room and said when that five-minute mark hits the clock in the fourth quarter, there’s a whole level of focus we have to have.”

NY Post
We've had veteran teams that didn't know how to play for 48 minutes. These young guns can be excused for not making the right play in the closing minutes. Just learn from their rookie mistakes and keep getting better. I still don't think Mudiay is the answer after 3 yrs in the league, way too inconsistent, his game today doesn't prove anything. He had great games in Denver followed by awful ones. MCW of the Rox is like that, he had a good pre-season and looked to be a solid rotation player for them but he reverted to that poor shooter he's always been and is riding the bench again.

mafra

Legend
That?s what makes this year a mulligan for me. As long as we see development and depth of talent, we can enjoy this season b/c, hopefully, we are witnessing the birth of what could be an exciting 8 year run...

KP, Knits, Knox, Robinson, Trier, Timmy, Burke, Mudiay, Mario, Kanter, Dotson... all young and potentially most of these names form the foundation of what this team can grow into...

Sprinkle in a major hit in the upcoming draft... A solid free agent signing... a healthy KP.

This is our hope and it all kicks off in a little over ten months. We enjoy the holidays, watch some playoff football, survive winter and enjoy March Madness and Opening Day. Baseball then final season of Game of Thrones... NBA playoffs, draft, free agency... summer... end of summer... Fall arrives and Halloween returns and we have tip off for 2019-2020... playoff run time!

jimkcchief88

All Star
That’s what I hate about this tank crap. You just throw away years of basketball....Some of us are getting older...can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel...8-9 teams tossing their seasons in the garbage all for one player? My math says somebody’s coming up short and usually it’s us:(