Game thread: New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics 7:30 10/26/2019 [Game #3]

jimkcchief88

All Star
Heat won and I don't think Butler even played today.

Clyde saying that game against the Bulls is a must win. I don't think Clyde has seen the Bulls, they have a nice squad. Zach actually looks like he's trying to play defense along with his explosive ability to score, Coby White so far is the best PG out of the draft, even better than Ja but it's early. Expect another beat down on Monday for the boys.

Yup the Bullies look to be ahead of schedule. Helps when you draft a PG whose name you can pronounce that played for a blue blood NCAA program not French nonsensešŸ¤£šŸ¤£

RJ scores 26 on almost 50% shooting from the floor. MRob scores 17 on 7 for 7 shooting from the floor. Randle has another double double.

And...we lose by 23 points. This team is in trouble.

Hey htr,
Now think about what you just said and we lose by 23 pts!!! You fueling up the stat sheet but not producting anything. You should see some excitement about how they play. There is nothing their but RJ making a ugly face. Something to give hope. Change your starting lineup.

Broadway

All Star
Hey htr,
Now think about what you just said and we lose by 23 pts!!! You fueling up the stat sheet but not producting anything. You should see some excitement about how they play. There is nothing their but RJ making a ugly face. Something to give hope. Change your starting lineup.

RJ isn't our issue, matter of fact tonight I think he converted a couple plays going right. He's a rookie this is his 2nd game, let's be a little more reasonable is our assessments

Yup the Bullies look to be ahead of schedule. Helps when you draft a PG whose name you can pronounce that played for a blue blood NCAA program not French nonsenseļ¤£ļ¤£

Can't blame French nonsense because it only played 3 minutes in 3 games. Smith is a good name to pronounce. So is Barrett but of course he is Canadian born... so does that count.

tiger0330

Legend
We definitely need to pay attention to these two and LM, it could be a long night. Tonight they get waxed by the Raptors at home so they can be beat
Just saw the score, they got waxed by the Raps. Maybe they?re not as good as I thought, thought Otto, Sataransky and Thad would be the vets they needed to buttress that young squad of theirs.

Kiyaman

Legend
Zero points from our PG's again Payton DSJ and Nits. Didn't even see Nits sneak into the game but he's in the box score. I am not a fan of Nits but I'd like to see him get some more burn he can't be much worse than what DSJ has shown. Still hard to believe guys still believe in the kid that he's going to have a breakout year and should be the starting PG for us.

So u like and agree with Fizdale's lineups, substitution, rotation, and coaching system.
You do know the Knicks got BLOWN-OUT in MSG tonight, on their Home Opener Game.
Thanks to Fizdale's great coaching the Knicks are 0-3 to start the season as a consistent losing team.

I dont remember or recall DSJ having this type of sloppy performance under the Mavs coach Carlisle.
DSJ should go in the locker-room and start laughing at not being a part of the A .. whippin the Celtics put on the Knicks in MSG tonight.
Fizdale's a JOKE !!!

At the start of the 4th quarter, the sports announcer commented on the Knicks having 24 turnovers already .. And it look like Randle/RJ/and Morris are averaging 4 turnovers a game.
The only problem I notice out of the Knicks 3 game performance are how good or bad would the team be by adding a Pass-First PG and a pass-first SG (Frank & Dotson) to the rotation. Plus we can also add some Picknroll plays for Frank & Dotson pass-first performance with the BIGS .. Portis, Randle, and MitchRob. And why not add some simple screen plays for our jump-shooters and slashers Morris, Knox, and RJ.

The One on One performance the Knicks put out on the court the past three games were good to teach the Knick players how to score on broken plays, but the ISO-Zo and the ISO-RJ are not outscoring opponents in half the quarters they play. Look at tonight game against the Boston Celtics winning coach Brad Stevens putting a working offense/defense system in the 2nd half of the game that tore a ripping hole through every Knick jersey in MSG .. 36-25 3rd quarter, then 36-19 4th quarter for a 118-95 Celtricks win in MSG !!!
How many games will it take for Fizdale to get 20 wins as a Knick coach ???

In the past 20 years, how many Knicks head-coaches has blame their consistent LOSSES on the Knicks poor PG rotation ???
More than half of all the Knicks head-coaches hired & fired in the past decade aimed their Knick losing season on the Knicks PG.

Kiyaman

Legend
RJ isn't our issue, matter of fact tonight I think he converted a couple plays going right. He's a rookie this is his 2nd game, let's be a little more reasonable is our assessments

RJ is the BIG issue .. he does not belong in the starter lineup! No matter how high his B.ball IQ has risen in just 3 NBA games. We want to teach RJ how to win games not just play the games. Giving the rookie 37 minute playing time in every game are not a good sign !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Crowd chanting ?We Want Frank!?. DSJ is lucky Fizdale hates Ntilikina.
Pretty sure we see Frank as the first PG off the bench with the Bulls after yesterday otherwise the fans will be shouting Fire Fizdale along with We Want Frank after that stinker DSJ put up.

Watching that kid Coby White will be a treat for Knicks fans, he gets to anywhere he wants to get to on the floor, Frank may at least have a chance of covering him unlike DSJ.

jimkcchief88

All Star

Can't blame French nonsense because it only played 3 minutes in 3 games. Smith is a good name to pronounce. So is Barrett but of course he is Canadian born... so does that count.

You know what else is easy to pronounce? Donovan Mitchell. Who we could and should have drafted instead of Frank. You must not be old enough to remember the last time we over drafted a Frenchmen(Fredric Weiss).

jimkcchief88

All Star
RJ is the BIG issue .. he does not belong in the starter lineup! No matter how high his B.ball IQ has risen in just 3 NBA games. We want to teach RJ how to win games not just play the games. Giving the rookie 37 minute playing time in every game are not a good sign !!!

Gotta start RJ Kiya. Can you imagine RJ stuck on this bench watch Bobby Portis get minutes?

You know what else is easy to pronounce? Donovan Mitchell. Who we could and should have drafted instead of Frank. You must not be old enough to remember the last time we over drafted a Frenchmen(Fredric Weiss).

I hated DSJ and loved Ntilikina out of the draft. Other people thought DSJ was a guaranteed star. By year 2 of their careers, I think many of us came to the conclusion that both PJ and Cuban screwed up and drafted busts instead of the real star Donovan Mitchell.

In classic Knicks fashion, we actually found the one way to make the situation worse by trading for DSJ.

Time to clean house!

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
So u like and agree with Fizdale's lineups, substitution, rotation, and coaching system.
You do know the Knicks got BLOWN-OUT in MSG tonight, on their Home Opener Game.
Thanks to Fizdale's great coaching the Knicks are 0-3 to start the season as a consistent losing team.

I dont remember or recall DSJ having this type of sloppy performance under the Mavs coach Carlisle.
DSJ should go in the locker-room and start laughing at not being a part of the A .. whippin the Celtics put on the Knicks in MSG tonight.
Fizdale's a JOKE !!!

At the start of the 4th quarter, the sports announcer commented on the Knicks having 24 turnovers already .. And it look like Randle/RJ/and Morris are averaging 4 turnovers a game.
The only problem I notice out of the Knicks 3 game performance are how good or bad would the team be by adding a Pass-First PG and a pass-first SG (Frank & Dotson) to the rotation. Plus we can also add some Picknroll plays for Frank & Dotson pass-first performance with the BIGS .. Portis, Randle, and MitchRob. And why not add some simple screen plays for our jump-shooters and slashers Morris, Knox, and RJ.

The One on One performance the Knicks put out on the court the past three games were good to teach the Knick players how to score on broken plays, but the ISO-Zo and the ISO-RJ are not outscoring opponents in half the quarters they play. Look at tonight game against the Boston Celtics winning coach Brad Stevens putting a working offense/defense system in the 2nd half of the game that tore a ripping hole through every Knick jersey in MSG .. 36-25 3rd quarter, then 36-19 4th quarter for a 118-95 Celtricks win in MSG !!!
How many games will it take for Fizdale to get 20 wins as a Knick coach ???

In the past 20 years, how many Knicks head-coaches has blame their consistent LOSSES on the Knicks poor PG rotation ???
More than half of all the Knicks head-coaches hired & fired in the past decade aimed their Knick losing season on the Knicks PG.
Kiya where do I mention Fiz in my post. Go look at my past posts about him, said heā€™s 90% BS, should have gotten Bud but he probably wasnā€™t coming even if he was offered the Knicks job when the Bucks job opened up. Bud would have stiffed us like Kerr did and every top tier FA the Knicks were interested in.

We could be looking at a 10 game losing streak if we don't get some PG play soon. I wonder if that's going to be enough for Perry to dump Fizdale and install Coach Smart as the interim.

jimkcchief88

All Star

I hated DSJ and loved Ntilikina out of the draft. Other people thought DSJ was a guaranteed star. By year 2 of their careers, I think many of us came to the conclusion that both PJ and Cuban screwed up and drafted busts instead of the real star Donovan Mitchell.

In classic Knicks fashion, we actually found the one way to make the situation worse by trading from DSJ.

Time to clean house!

Yea ain?t that something??? Mudiay played great down the stretch last year we could have resigned him. Nope. We could have stayed the course with Drose. Nope. Frank actually almost looked like a player in the FIBA championships with his French team. But you put Frank in a Knicks uni???? Yikes. That?s how you know the problem is bigger than the players.

Phil was in control and Gaines was doing the player evaluation. For what Phil wanted to do with the team Frank was the best fit. They didn't draft DSJ and that shows they had some like about who and who not to draft. Are you smarter than Clarence Gaines?? Do you remember 'Big House'?

The name Ntilikina is Rwandan not French:cool:. And your point nevertheless was being able to pronounce the name. If I recall Fredric Weiss never set foot on an NBA court. You are correct I'm old enough to remember and I have seen enough raw talent not after it had shown it can play the game.

pat

Starter
Frank actually almost looked like a player in the FIBA championships with his French team. But you put Frank in a Knicks uni???? Yikes. Thatā€™s how you know the problem is bigger than the players.

Not 'almost'. He played a great tournament. Things will only turn around if Dolan sells the team. Which he won't, because it is a cash cow the way it is now.

jimkcchief88

All Star

Phil was in control and Gaines was doing the player evaluation. For what Phil wanted to do with the team Frank was the best fit. They didn't draft DSJ and that shows they had some like about who and who not to draft. Are you smarter than Clarence Gaines?? Do you remember 'Big House'?

The name Ntilikina is Rwandan not French:cool:. And your point nevertheless was being able to pronounce the name. If I recall Fredric Weiss never set foot on an NBA court. You are correct I'm old enough to remember and I have seen enough raw talent not after it had shown it can play the game.

Uhhh yeah I think I am smarter than Clarence Gaines if he had anything to do with drafting Frank. And ?Fail-Jackson? as a GM/President???? Please. If I remember Frank was Phil?s last stand before he got fired. So we are stuck with a ?lottery pick? that plays under 10 minutes a game and does nothing in those minutes. You are newbie here but check my posts here for over a decade. I hate NBA GMs searching the four corners of the earth to avoid homegrown(Afro-American) talent. DM grew up in New York State and Kemba Walker who torched us last night is from the Bronx. But Fail-Jackson and Clarence Gaines go to Rawanda or France or wherever to over draft a benchwarmer in the lottery??? Even the crowd chanting for Frank like a college game cheering for the 12 man walk-on player and still no minutes? Please GTFO on ChiefšŸ˜”

mafra

Legend

In classic Knicks fashion, we actually found the one way to make the situation worse by trading for DSJ.

Time to clean house!

Mitchell was the local kid (Elmsford). Shame on our scouting department and brain trust for not doing their due diligence. How a professional could evaluate all 3 prospects - DM, Frank and DSJ ? and somehow still feel Frank or DSJ was the option....

Knowing DM was the local kid, thrived at UL, and still get cute and go another direction? Damn! Those guys are fools.

mafra

Legend
Frank owned Kemba this summer, so naturally Fiz opts to play DSJ over FN.

Folks... I hate to do this...

Time to fire Fiz before we squander a year of player development. This guy isn?t a HC.

Frank owned Kemba this summer, so naturally Fiz opts to play DSJ over FN.

Folks... I hate to do this...

Time to fire Fiz before we squander a year of player development. This guy isn?t a HC.

Anyone on here need to see more of Fizdale?

Anyone on here want to defend our front office?

I feel like as the season rolls on, KOL posters are going to be unanimous on a lot of issues, which is how you know when something has gone real bad.