The Fire Fizdale Watch Thread

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
I am fed up with Fiz and all and i wish we change him, but my question is, is it the job of the head coach to develop the new talents in our team or we have specialized people for that who are supposed to be working night and day on training them individually to maximize each ones talent? If so, changing the coach will not do much as our biggest problem is that our very good raw talents are not hitting their potential!

tiger0330

Legend
First time in team history they lose 2 consecutive games by more than 30 pts.

Worst start in team history.

Tied for the worst record in team history last season but for 2 late games we played against a GLeague Bulls team Fizdale would have set the record.

On pace to break the record from last season, which we certainly will if Mills decides to blow it up and trade these vets for draft picks.

Hasn't won anything whether with the youngest team in the NBA last season or with a with a team of vets and high lottery picks this season.

DSJ the key piece in the KP trade playing like crap. No other young player playing like a potential star like Tatum, DM, Luka, Trae etc.

If coaches get fired for losing and under achieving Fizdale deserves to go more than any coach in team history.

Fizdale 21 - 83 as Knicks head coach. Fizdale said the effort last night was ?sickening?, suggestive that he knows the players aren?t playing for him anymore.

After Fizdale is gone, does Dolan really leave Mills and Perry to make midseason trades, something they have shown is beyond their capabilities?

paris401

Starter
i'm telling u that mills MUST have compromising photo's of dolan... if its loyalty, then dolan takes that word to another level ....

First time in team history they lose 2 consecutive games by more than 30 pts.

Worst start in team history.

Tied for the worst record in team history last season but for 2 late games we played against a GLeague Bulls team Fizdale would have set the record.

On pace to break the record from last season, which we certainly will if Mills decides to blow it up and trade these vets for draft picks.

Hasn't won anything whether with the youngest team in the NBA last season or with a with a team of vets and high lottery picks this season.

DSJ the key piece in the KP trade playing like crap. No other young player playing like a potential star like Tatum, DM, Luka, Trae etc.

If coaches get fired for losing and under achieving Fizdale deserves to go more than any coach in team history.

Apparently, we are only the 7th team in the history of the NBA to lose back to back games by 35+ points. Oof.

tiger0330

Legend
Smart got the Heave-Ho too, Good Riddance

Former head coach so I thought he was slated to be the interim but he was tight with Fizdale. I guess Miller is the guy they tap for the interim but Mills may have someone waiting in the wings Mark Jackson and I'd even entertain bringing back Hornacek.

tiger0330

Legend
They're saying Miller and a Pat Sullivan are under consideration for interim. Sullivan seems a little more dynamic than Miller to me, media pressure cooker that NYC is, you need a guy that has a little personality.

Broadway

All Star
Former head coach so I thought he was slated to be the interim but he was tight with Fizdale. I guess Miller is the guy they tap for the interim but Mills may have someone waiting in the wings Mark Jackson and I'd even entertain bringing back Hornacek.

I think there are plenty coaches who could fill voids as to not look at retreads who never faired well. Horny would be at the bottom of my list before at least considering any of the below

Jackson
Thibs
SVG
JVG
Mchale
Johnson
Clifford
Cassell
Hollins
Triano
Mitchell
VDN
Blatt
Ollie
Mullin
Insert College Coach looking to make jump

Fizdale deserved to be fired, but he never stopped being a good guy, so I respect that. Hope he lands on his feet with another franchise.

We have a team that is basically G League quality. We have Mike Miller who was G League coach of the year last year. Time to give Miller a shot is what I think.

Broadway

All Star
Fizdale deserved to be fired, but he never stopped being a good guy, so I respect that. Hope he lands on his feet with another franchise.

We have a team that is basically G League quality. We have Mike Miller who was G League coach of the year last year. Time to give Miller a shot is what I think.

I'm okay with Miller for now too

Should they decide to go in a different direction he should be afforded an opportunity to stay on in some coaching capacity with our team if it's his desire

tiger0330

Legend

Read somewhere that he may get a job as an asst somewhere but after dismal results with the Knicks and a less than ideal stay with Griz his opportunities for another HC job are nil. The guy I think is too well liked because he's a cheer leader never saying a bad thing about anyone, I think sometimes you need to get into the face of players.

That 3 pt D against Denver was on him, Will Barton was asked about the hot shooting and he said we were open and we took advantage, we need a coach that gets on his players during the game and not say I got to look at the film when you got beat and the game is over.

mafra

Legend

Wasn?t his fault, really. Nobody forced Mills and Perry to hire Fiz over Buddy or JFG. He was brought here bc he?s a players manager.... was supposed to helps recruit stars...

Obviously, he wasn?t a star magnet and proved to be just an asst... not HC material.

Kiyaman

Legend
Bout Time !!!
I guess I was to early preaching for Fizdale to be FIRED last year this time having a 9-25 record before Christmas .. and 25 different starter lineup changes !!!