Game thread: New York Knicks @ Denver Nuggets 8:00 12/15/2019 [Game #27]

tiger0330

Legend
DEN missing a lot of floaters and shots in the paint. Barton misses a bunny but Knicks have missed 11 straight and can't close the deal.

This game was lost by the coach... Frank and company had the hot hand and the lead. RJ is a defensive liability and I don't understand why he is on the floor in the 4th quarter. He loses his man and everybody is covering for him.

mafra

Legend
Murray with the dagger 3 107-100 Nugs 1:31 left.

For those that say our DAL first rounders are worthless... DEN got Murray with the last 1st we sent them... Walsh was adamant not to send that extra pick and Mozgov... with everything else we sent for Melo... Dolan stepped in...

Would be nice if 1 of our lottery picks could break 20 every now and then. Geez! Teenagers take time to develop... I keep saying it... develop into what tho?

Miller was paying attention to the game. He became a creature of habit with staying with the same 4th quarter lineup in the past 3 games. That may not be the case in every game. You have to who making the team move. Frank and company had gotten the lead so he should have stay with them.

tiger0330

Legend
For those that say our DAL first rounders are worthless... DEN got Murray with the last 1st we sent them... Walsh was adamant not to send that extra pick and Mozgov... with everything else we sent for Melo... Dolan stepped in...

Would be nice if 1 of our lottery picks could break 20 every now and then. Geez! Teenagers take time to develop... I keep saying it... develop into what tho?
Jamal was the 7th pick. DAL picks will be 23 to 30, big difference, Dark wants Porter for RJ or DSJ and those DAL picks but DEN thinks he's going to be good.

Kiyaman

Legend
WOW! Coach Miller got my big PROPS tonight .. Watchable Knicks loss.
We played a B+ DEFENSIVE game tonight .. the rotation-lineups played well in the 20 pt come-back to take the lead.
I'm watching Coach Miller build a well rounded NBA B.Ball-team in tonight game .. Lets GO Knicks !!!

Frank had the hot hand and they didn't take advantage of it. Nobody sit any pick for him and gave him the ball back. Payton was getting beat badly on defense tonight.

tiger0330

Legend
This game was lost by the coach... Frank and company had the hot hand and the lead. RJ is a defensive liability and I don't understand why he is on the floor in the 4th quarter. He loses his man and everybody is covering for him.
RJ D was not why we lost. They couldn't make a shot down the stretch, RJ was the only guy to hit a 3 and it was too late when he hit his.

Jamal was the 7th pick. DAL picks will be 23 to 30, big difference, Dark wants Porter for RJ or DSJ and those DAL picks but DEN thinks he's going to be good.

Never said for RJ or DSJ and those Dal picks..... What I said was RJ for Porter Jr. straight up and if they want DSJ then I would throw him in for good measure. Maybe they believe in that RJ hype and we could get a player that can play the SG with a good 1st step and explosive to the basket. None of that is RJ.

Kiyaman

Legend

I still say it's worthless .. Doncic and Coach Carlisle has the Mavs as a 3rd seed team plus a 17-8 record

RJ D was not why we lost. They couldn't make a shot down the stretch, RJ was the only guy to hit a 3 and it was too late when he hit his.

You watch the game!!! When Murray hit the 3 in those final minutes in the 4th. Four Knicks were on the left side of the defending 5 Nuggets. RJ was the only one on the right side of the court.... WHY???
Never said RJ was the reason for the lost. Miller deserve that honor. He didn't pay attention to the game and stay with the same players he played in the last 3 games. It doesn't work like that. He got out coach and that very simple. He didn't stay with momentum players that got the lead.

Kiyaman

Legend
Frank had the hot hand and they didn't take advantage of it. Nobody sit any pick for him and gave him the ball back. Payton was getting beat badly on defense tonight.

I agree 100% .. I'm waiting patiently to count how many losses we pick-up taking Frank, or another hot player out the game so we could give Randle & RJ their usual 36 or more minutes?
I would like to see 4 to 6 minute in a game to see how well a Frank & Payton lineup would do against some of the NBA top tandem guard opponents .. Nets Kyrie & Din, or Celt Walker & Brown, or Raps Lowry & Van

Kiyaman

Legend

I believe Dark did not like another repeat 6 minute ending of the ISO-Randle dribble-dribble turn-over show, and the ISO RJ ball-hogging show

Kiyaman

Legend
My biggest criticism for Mike Miller tonight .. are why Barrett over frank ???
Frank was hot tonight and can easily play combo-guard on both side of court.
And when u look at the first half of the game, the minute Frank left the game, Denver went up by twenty.
When Payton started playing well, Miller did leave him on the court. Why not Frank when his performance has the team winning?
Tonight, Morris played like a super-star in the 3rd quarter.
Our rookie RJ Barrett were terrible tonight .. not bringing anything offense or defense .. receiving 36 minute SMH

We closed the game like losers on offense by shooting 3-balls on our last 7 offensive possession, and we didn't have any 3-ball shooters in tonight rotation SMH
And the wide one on one ISO-Randle/Morris/RJ play in crunchtime don't work, ask Fizdale?
And the MitchRob, Randle, and Morris offense need more than a quick fix.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
why aren't we playing more pick and roll with MRob and Payton? it looks like a good option, differently better than ISO Randle dribble dribble...

Starting to get back on the Ntilikina train. In about equal minutes last night, Ntilikina was +10 and Payton, despite putting up numbers approaching a triple double, was -14.

We missed Ntilikina?s defense out there at times. Might have been a reasonable move to give Ntilikina some of RJ?s big minutes, as Kiya said, if Miller was afraid of losing Payton?s ability to drive the offense.