Knicks get Cam Redish

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
According to SNY's Ian Begley, who reported the Knicks' interest in Reddish earlier this week, the Knicks and Hawks had talked about a deal for Reddish that sent Quentin Grimes to Atlanta. However, some Knicks decision-makers opposed including Grimes, who is not in the deal.

Begley reported on Jan. 11 that If the Knicks traded for Reddish, the club would presumably plan to sign him to another contract. Per Begley, teams interested in trading for Reddish pegged a potential extension at around $18-to-$20 million per year.

3/54?

I guess this is the most positive sign we have seen.....giving up Grimes would have had us all totally pissed off.

Lets hope This plays him....

Ok,.,..
Who is moving the needle of this ball club??

Not everybody at once? one at a time. Because I know that all of you see the Knicks move, correct.

No Transformative player is coming!! Not Now!! Or in the near future as long as Rose and Perry and Thib?s are in power.

Again, exactly what did this trade do??

Thank God ? Knox is Gone!!
He suffered enough from these incompetent people that running the Knicks.
I hope that MRob got sense enough to get hell out as soon as he can.
Once that happens the the ship can sank.

mafra

Legend
We understand Cam isn?t Dotson. If we could?ve been so luckY? And P-Jax didn?t make the move? so we get why it irks you?.

His floor is high and ceiling sky hi?. Let?s see if we develop him. But we got something for nothing? how is that a bad thing?

mafra

Legend
Dark Raider said:
Jan 29, 2020 21:22
How can Dotson not be getting more minutes?

This always cheers me up?

mafra

Legend
Now it?s time to get Thibbs another time protector? Turner?

Maybe flip Randle and replace with J-Ajax Jr or Sabonis or Grant?

Start IQ or trade for Simmons / Sexton?

Flip Mitch and RJ for something? Build around them?

What?s the next move?

Towns and Fox would be nice? but are their teams sellers?

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
To me, I keep coming back to Randle for Simmons swap?.

Maybe we take TH contract, and flip them Evan and Kemba? or AB.

Yes just don?t see what team will dangle a better player than Randle? Would they really go entire season and not trade Ben until draft?

Randle and whatever for Ben or Fox!

Is this part of Morey?a process? Sacrifice entire season of Embiid? MVP caliber year? for what?

Philly could have Sabonis and Turner probably!

Last edited:

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Ok,.,..

Not everybody at once? one at a time. Because I know that all of you see the Knicks move, correct.

No Transformative player is coming!! Not Now!! Or in the near future as long as Rose and Perry and Thib?s are in power.

so Dark how about this ............forget about the coaching and management.....

would you not have done this trade ?

Kiyaman

Legend
BIG Thumbs Down !!!

Ok,.,..

Great Point .. DR ....
Is Cam reddish much better than knox?
Both lower lottery picks both same size both stats close
It?s a wait and see?
I?d rather had held the one-pick for a Knicks Priority a PG !!!

Myself, I never liked any Duke products they all have inconsistent NBA career, or have Grant Hill injury-prone career.
Plus Hawks have the Duke player that quit on Duke during Covid, the SF player the Knicks pose to have drafted at 19 in the offseason (Jalen Johnson) has skills/talents and a very high b.ball IQ that's much better than Cam & Knox combine.

The only Priority player the Knicks should be looking to add to their roster are Philly's Ben Simmons leadership to team up with D.Rose leadership .. to get pass the first round of the playoffs !!!

mafra

Legend
Cam scored 21 in a big playoff game vs MIL. Shot 7-12. Pinch me whenever Knox does that.

Cam is twice the player Knox is, not that this says a lot.

Swapping Cam for Knox is universally applauded.

As for Duke players? Kyrie one of best on the planet? with a ring.

I think Ben for Randle might be best that Philly can do? if we can pull that off, while snagging a Grant or Sabonis or Turner? a grand slam HR trade deadline feat.

Simmons
Cam
RJ
Grant/Turner/Sabonis
Robinson

Tell me what Star free agent wouldn?t be wanting to come join that group?

Or, Julius re-discovers his three point shot!

Last edited:
so Dark how about this ............forget about the coaching and management.....

would you not have done this trade ?

Thank you for asking for my opinion.
I would love to ask you a question first but that isn't proper.

NO... I would not have done this trade. The only one to benefit from this is poor Knox. I'm so glad he is gone and I wish MRob is next to go. They have suffered enough under stupidity and incompetent.

Ask yourself how does this help Cam? He will be in the same boat as Knox, huh. That isn't the first question you should ask.
There are a lot of clowns and don't be one of them.
First question - Does it 'Move the Needle of the Knicks'?? You know the answer... NO!!
Second question - Is Cam a Transformative Player?? Again you know the answer NO!! From what I have seen of him on TV and in person. I think he can be much better than that #3 overall pick. Not sure why ATL made this move. Getting a #1 pick for him and Knox is a steal for the Hawk's.
Third question - What has been the #1 need for the Knicks since the class of RJ and Cam?? Supposely PG, huh. Remember the F.O. didn't address this problem in that draft but try to but that sorry RJ at PG..... Most in this forum want to forget that disaster. So why not address PG?? These are the people that are running our team and there are those that are jumping up and down in this forum. Seriously!!

I was hoping that Knox and MRob be sent to the MAV's.

BTW, the Knicks will not draft nor will another Kentucky player sign with them. The Knicks want to win with Duke players then their relationship with Coach Cal is done.

There is some definite logic to moving that 1st round pick now. Charlotte currently has 11th best record in NBA, so that pick has a very good chance of passing top 18 protection this season and cashing in for the 2022 draft. Knicks don?t need to keep adding more and more late 1st round picks.

If Charlotte was worse this year, then maybe you sit on that pick because it will be a 1st round pick that carries forward to a future season because of the protection and could have been used in a 2023 or 2024 deal, but no such luck.

Let?s let Cam play some games in a Knicks jersey before we go too crazy one way or another.

I will say this, Cam is shooting 90% from the free throw line this season. Between him and Quickley, we?re going to be lethal in the closing seconds of the 4th with the ball and the lead :)

mafra

Legend
Bryant and Thibbs need to get in the lab? turn Cam into a Jimmy Butler type player. He?s only 22?

ATL dealt Doncic for Young and a lick, which turned out to be Cam.

Some felt we should?ve dealt RJ for Hunter and Redish?

Great Point .. DR ....
Is Cam reddish much better than knox?
Both lower lottery picks both same size both stats close
It?s a wait and see?
I?d rather had held the one-pick for a Knicks Priority a PG !!!

Myself, I never liked any Duke products they all have inconsistent NBA career, or have Grant Hill injury-prone career.
Plus Hawks have the Duke player that quit on Duke during Covid, the SF player the Knicks pose to have drafted at 19 in the offseason (Jalen Johnson) has skills/talents and a very high b.ball IQ that's much better than Cam & Knox combine.

The only Priority player the Knicks should be looking to add to their roster are Philly's Ben Simmons leadership to team up with D.Rose leadership .. to get pass the first round of the playoffs !!!

Don't know if you notice it but we seen to have a few people upset with our criticism of #3 overall pick.

It looks like the Knicks have seal their fate with Coach Cal. They will never get another Kentucky player if he got anything to say about it. Knicks are done!! They will have to draft Coach K players from Duke now. See how many Championships they win with them.

You are spot on with the comment about PG. Told the 'Skisloper' the very same thing.

mafra

Legend
Bwaaaahhh!

Sure, that?s what Cal is thinking? lol. You?ve been saying PF biggest need for years?. Ragging on me for PG need. Look who changed their tune.

Go Dotson!

You do know K retiring?

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Don't know if you notice it but we seen to have a few people upset with our criticism of #3 overall pick.

It looks like the Knicks have seal their fate with Coach Cal. They will never get another Kentucky player if he got anything to say about it. Knicks are done!! They will have to draft Coach K players from Duke now. See how many Championships they win with them.

You are spot on with the comment about PG. Told the 'Skisloper' the very same thing.

Look at it this way whether we like it or not.
Knox was useless as a Knicks. Whether thats how the guy practices or This just not seeing anything he can off. Truth is its irrelevant. If the guy does not play he's worthless to us.
Taking Cam and the big thing here is IF this plays him we will see what we got.
Not like any team was knocking on the knicks door for Knox.
does the needle for the Knicks move today in any direction the answer is NO. Can it in the future there is a possibility.

As for RJ maybe you have seen the last two games maybe not. Give the kid a chance. He is 21 and I know you say so what but thats nonsense.
Give the knicks a REAL PG and who knows the upside on RJ.

WE ALL AGREE WE NEED A PG.